Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Leveling gives you base ATK which is very important, and you take a damage penalty when fighting mobs much higher level than you, so leveling is still pretty good. Unless all your artifacts somehow absolutely suck, it should be pretty beneficial to focus on leveling. (You don't NEED perfect sets right away, just good stats on them.)

That said, leveling to 90 right now is pretty out of reach for most. 80 is plenty for most people.
    Basic ones from world drops are just fine (or rewards). I got all of them to at least lvl 12 and right now i gota lvl up feathers to lvl 20 (legendary ones). But its a very slow process.

Just be sure you check the main stat of them and clean up the garbage. The new lock system is pretty good so you dont end up destroying stuff you like or can use later.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Pretty sure artifacts give your characters waaay more power for the cost than level-ups. Even ignoring the set bonuses, 200% ATK is going to get you much higher numbers than 50 flat ATK, and that's the difference between level 70 and 90. Weapons basically get you all the flat numbers you need. So if anything, levelling up to 90 is for whales.
    Damage formulas also include character levels when calculating. If you're attacking something over your level, you do reduced damage. If you're attacking something below, you do increased damage. Character level is probably the single most important stat as long as you're below whatever thing you're attacking.

Leveling gives you base ATK which is very important, and you take a damage penalty when fighting mobs much higher level than you, so leveling is still pretty good. Unless all your artifacts somehow absolutely suck, it should be pretty beneficial to focus on leveling. (You don't NEED perfect sets right away, just good stats on them.)

That said, leveling to 90 right now is pretty out of reach for most. 80 is plenty for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Damage formulas also include character levels when calculating. If you're attacking something over your level, you do reduced damage. If you're attacking something below, you do increased damage. Character level is probably the single most important stat as long as you're below whatever thing you're attacking.

You lose less than 5% dmg with a 10 level difference between you and the enemies.
    An artifact boosts your damage by more than that imho.
    For the same amount of resin, you get a full set most likely on AR45.
    Unless we are talking about the level range of 50-60 or something

You deal ~48,5% dmg on enemies 10 levels higher than you
    You deal 50% dmg on enemies on your lvl.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-24 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You lose less than 5% dmg with a 10 level difference between you and the enemies.
    An artifact boosts your damage by more than that imho.
    For the same amount of resin, you get a full set most likely on AR45.

You deal ~48,5% dmg on enemies 10 levels higher than you
    You deal 50% dmg on enemies on your lvl.
    Again, that assumes you have no (or absolutely trash somehow) artifacts.

Most people at AR45 are going to be running domains to min/max their stuff at this point, or complete sets. Not to get their initial artifact loadouts. So the increases aren't massive right off the bat, and are extremely RNG.

There's a reason most people say to farm artifacts last. Levels and talents aren't as glamorous, but are solid, reliable, non-rng character building. (And talents really are huge)

Again, that assumes you have no (or absolutely trash somehow) artifacts.

Most people at AR45 are going to be running domains to min/max their stuff at this point, or complete sets. Not to get their initial artifact loadouts. So the increases aren't massive right off the bat, and are extremely RNG.

There's a reason most people say to farm artifacts last. Levels and talents aren't as glamorous, but are solid, reliable, non-rng character building. (And talents really are huge)

It's rather unlikely you have good artifacts before 45 for 4-8 characters.
    At least "good enough" to prioritize leveling before upgrading talents/artifacts.
    A single purple to yellow upgrade with the same main stat is basically worth equal amounts.

LOL its already out:

The damage penalty is the only reason to level your character really, when talking about good resource management. Obviously it'd be nice to have everyone at lv 90 but that's just not really doable right now. lv 90 on main dps, lv 60 with asc 4 for rest, maybe 70 for some specific secondary/support characters that need the extra stats.

I can say, from my own experience, the artifacts are definitely the huge factor in power increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the reason people say to do this last is because it's rng. Talents, weapon levels, character levels are static so it's easier and smarter to focus on that first. I honestly have not noticed a huge increase in power from talent lv increase.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I honestly have not noticed a huge increase in power from talent lv increase.
    That's surprising, considering that leveling a talent from 1 to 7 makes it ~50% more effective in most cases. It's a pretty huge deal, and seems very overlooked by most players, likely because it's not something fancy like "gear".

I'm not sure if I'm gunna be able to even get where I want to before I hit ar 45 lol. I have the opposite problem of most people D:

- - - Updated - - -

That's surprising, considering that leveling a talent from 1 to 7 makes it ~50% more effective in most cases. It's a pretty huge deal, and seems very overlooked by most players, likely because it's not something fancy like "gear".
    Well, talent level seemed more linear power increase to me. It's definitely increase, but artifacts are more like exponential increase. It's much more massive. Honestly though, I think the correct answer is just that everything is important lol. It just synergizes together. I'm not so sure if a character with the best lv 20 artifacts but low character and weapon lv, and lv 1 talents would be all that great either. Idk though, not sure if there are tests on that or example of people who have tried this.
    Last edited by dk3790; 2020-11-24 at 06:02 PM.

There is another giveaway, but if you already done the other one, the code will say you got a similar already:
    https://eu.alienwarearena.com/login

1. Create or log in to your Alienware Arena account.

2. Click the "GET KEY" button.

3. Go to Genshin Impact Redeem.

4. Log in with your miHoYo/Facebook/Twitter account that's connected to your game account.

5. Follow the instructions presented on the screen.

So a second chance for those that missed i guess. Usless for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Well, talent level seemed more linear power increase to me. It's definitely increase, but artifacts are more like exponential increase. It's much more massive. Honestly though, I think the correct answer is just that everything is important lol. It just synergizes together. I'm not so sure if a character with the best lv 20 artifacts but low character and weapon lv, and lv 1 talents would be all that great either. Idk though, not sure if there are tests on that or example of people who have tried this.
    It's not that artifacts aren't important, they set up your stats of course. It's that by AR45 you should already have a baseline of 4* and 5* artifacts from bosses, investigations, quests, etc. From there, you're min/maxing stats with a massive amount of resin. Often for very small percentage increases. Very often spending a day of resin for nothing at all.

In comparison, building talents is predictable, relatively quick, and is a massive percentage increase. They're even pretty cheap up to 6. Boosting your primary attack from 95% to 150% or your burst from 450% to 700% is absolutely massive in comparison to almost any other improvement.

holy fuck did something get messed up. Was finishing up the last of the gold exp books from the strike zones and got a treasure hunter one where their fireblasts were 2 shotting me. Had 4 of the fire ones so there was literally no place in the zone I could go without being burned alive.

It's not that artifacts aren't important, they set up your stats of course. It's that by AR45 you should already have a baseline of 4* and 5* artifacts from bosses, investigations, quests, etc. From there, you're min/maxing stats with a massive amount of resin. Often for very small percentage increases. Very often spending a day of resin for nothing at all.

In comparison, building talents is predictable, relatively quick, and is a massive percentage increase. They're even pretty cheap up to 6. Boosting your primary attack from 95% to 150% or your burst from 450% to 700% is absolutely massive in comparison to almost any other improvement.
    Is there a rough universal level you want talents at roughly by the time you hit AR 45?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Is there a rough universal level you want talents at roughly by the time you hit AR 45?
    well, I'd say 6 for the stuff you actually use.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I couldn't give a fixed number, just that you want them as high as you can get them - especially on your primary DPS. Naturally you don't need to level everything, Qiqi's M1 isn't so important if she's only a healer in your team. Same with Venti's M1 if you're just using him as a Q-bot. Healers in general are mostly low priority.

I couldn't give a fixed number, just that you want them as high as you can get them - especially on your primary DPS. Naturally you don't need to level everything, Qiqi's M1 isn't so important if she's only a healer in your team. Same with Venti's M1 if you're just using him as a Q-bot. Healers in general are mostly low priority.
    Well i did the water boss achivment with lvl 1 Venti..so lvls dont matter .

I hate farming artifacts. Especially Guyun domain. God the number of people dying to ruin hunter is just too many. It is unbearable. Same as people dying to Cicin mages electro shield+zap attack. god sake ughhhhhhh I try back to back 3-4 times to get a one clear.

but once I get 1 clear, people usually tend to stick together as they have similar experiences and do not want to miss out on a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I hate farming artifacts. Especially Guyun domain. God the number of people dying to ruin hunter is just too many. It is unbearable. Same as people dying to Cicin mages electro shield+zap attack. god sake ughhhhhhh I try back to back 3-4 times to get a one clear.

but once I get 1 clear, people usually tend to stick together as they have similar experiences and do not want to miss out on a good team.
    Why don't you just solo it?

Yea I'm not sure why you're not soloing them. They're not difficult. I'm doing it with reallllyyy trash artifacts.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that artifacts aren't important, they set up your stats of course. It's that by AR45 you should already have a baseline of 4* and 5* artifacts from bosses, investigations, quests, etc.
    The thing is, I don't heh. I have really shitty artifacts. Also, like I said they're just a compliment of each other. Also Idk why you chose Childe as an example lol. He's probably the scaling character.

My keqing's talents haven't scaled much. Ofc it does increase but like it doesn't matter if I have 100% more damage when I never crit and my crit damage is super low and I have no electro damange boost, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why don't you just solo it?
    unfortunately I do not have anybody else except noel and fischl on level 80 and somewhat geared. I thought it simply would not be enough. I will give it a shot tonight then. I got a diluc on lvl 50 should be enough to melt ice mages.