Thread: Genshin Impact

  1. #2721
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    is it strange that I do not actually try abyss so much? I mean I have characters but fighting in an arena again and again gets boring. just like wows torgast.
    apart from the gifts I think there is nothing to get right? If it is necessary for story or to increase world rank but at this point (abyss level 5) I just do not touch it anymore. I love the outdoors.
    I'd have to log in to get the correct numbers but:

    Out of my head:
    ~500k Mora every 2 weeks, 600 Primogems
    8 4* and 4 5* Artifacts
    If you can clear everything with full stars.

    More likely than not, you will only get half of the Primogems though and roughly ~350-400k Mora.

  2. #2722
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    GI is designed from the ground up to have as many stupid upgrade systems as possible to obfuscate resources and also push you to open up the wallet to keep the same rate of growth they toss at you in the early stages. Stop acting like this game and any sanely made one-time-purchase game are the same.
    And I much prefer it that way. I don't like being given everything. I like having something to work towards. If you hit AR45 and then their like, here, all your characters maxed out, you'll have nothing left.

    If not for grinding for artifacts or talent level materials, what else would you do? There really isn't much else to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  3. #2723
    People need to realize that Genshin Impact's character progression is actually a drawing point for lots of people. The Gacha is too.

    It's fun to build up characters slowly, to see them getting stronger, to be able to beat something you weren't able to before, to plan your advancement, to invest your ressources most efficiently.

    I wouldn't compare it to other RPGs tbh. I would compare it to idle games, cookie-clicker and stuff like that.
    If there are bars to fill, you fill them, basically.

    But I can also see the similarities in other RPGs.

    Both WoW and Genshin timegate you.
    WoW uses lockouts, Genshin uses Resin.

    In both games it's basically impossible to upgrade characters outside of it.
    In Genshin you can spend money to open the gate again, in WoW you can't - but I guess that doesn't really matter because you usually don't.
    In both games, it's very unlikely to get upgrades once your character has a certain "itemlevel".

    In WoW, running M+ for upgrades for a strong character is just as unlikely as upgrading my Keqing by farming artifact domains, now that she has 50+% crit and 150% critdmg etc.
    While it's easy to equip new characters in WoW in M+, it's just as easy in Genshin with "hand-me-downs"


    The difference is really that Genshin Impact focuses on character and teambuilding and you basically just increase your preformance to do the same content faster (just like Warframe) most of them, with few exceptions such as Spiral Abyss.
    WoW focuses on the challenge of the content and you upgrade your character to have a chance at beating it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-01 at 09:55 AM.

  4. #2724
    Fluffy Kitten Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    18,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Logged back in to spend my resin, ran Witch domain 6 times, got literally zero Witch drops.

    No, I don't mean zero good ones.

    I don't mean zero 5* ones.

    I mean zero period. Hah. Screw you, RNG.
    It's absurd. i'm leveling a new weapon, so I'm farming the domain that drops its ascension items (but only on this day of the week, because THAT makes sense...). Blew all my resin, and only got one of the purple mats. that's it. After eight runs. Obviously I can craft up, but the fact that the drop rate is that bad is crazy.

  5. #2725
    So I have C6 Beidou now.

    "But Bov, Beidou was on the banner, it's not unexpected have C6 if you pulled on it a lot!"

    Sure...except 4 of them came from the other two banners.

    Not that I mind too much, I'll fit her into a comp some time.

  6. #2726
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    If not for grinding for artifacts or talent level materials, what else would you do? There really isn't much else to do.
    Grinding for artifacts is enough to keep me logging in daily, especially considering their pathetic drop rate for "perfect" rolls. In addition, they're regularly adding new content.

    My complaint here is the need to have specialized groups of people to beat very specific things /mechanics they design. It's a pain in the ass with how much crap it takes to level up a character. It's annoying as fuck as someone who only has interest in using characters they like.

    I want harder combat and different enemies, not dumb shit like "oh, you can't use your favorite character here because we said so!" I don't want the difficulty to come from the fact that I only have one squad and that squad is mechanically incapable of beating everything. I want the difficulty to come from the actual boss fight mechanics.

    We see how well that went with Child, though... fucking nerfed in like... 2 days? Scrubs. Killing the one thing I look forward to so they can go back to playing ez rock paper scissors. Meanwhile I just want to run around with Diluc mudering everything and absolutely no one else (outside of being elemental reaction fodder/buff bots).

  7. #2727
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,330
    Found this on twitter lol:

    https://pasteboard.co/JCVJMv3.png

  8. #2728
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,261
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I want harder combat and different enemies, not dumb shit like "oh, you can't use your favorite character here because we said so!" I don't want the difficulty to come from the fact that I only have one squad and that squad is mechanically incapable of beating everything. I want the difficulty to come from the actual boss fight mechanics.

    We see how well that went with Child, though... fucking nerfed in like... 2 days? Scrubs. Killing the one thing I look forward to so they can go back to playing ez rock paper scissors. Meanwhile I just want to run around with Diluc mudering everything and absolutely no one else (outside of being elemental reaction fodder/buff bots).
    What you want is, at the end of the day, meaningless when what most players want is to run around with their favorite characters.

    It's that exact principle that Gatchas have always been based on, getting your waifu is how 99.9% operate. That some characters have better stats than others is quite honestly incidental.

    If you want a game with hard combat, go play a Souls game or something.

  9. #2729
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,445
    One of you dweebs make it 1 so i can roll on my husband

  10. #2730
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    One of you dweebs make it 1 so i can roll on my husband
    Time itself is trying to protect you from your trash taste, and yet you continue to fight against it.

  11. #2731
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Time itself is trying to protect you from your trash taste, and yet you continue to fight against it.
    I like smart guys, which is why i dont like any of you

  12. #2732
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Killing the one thing I look forward to so they can go back to playing ez rock paper scissors. Meanwhile I just want to run around with Diluc mudering everything and absolutely no one else (outside of being elemental reaction fodder/buff bots).
    You...you realize you're being a hypocrite here...right?

    As far as I'm aware, the actual mechanics of the Childe fight weren't nerfed, the numbers were just toned down a bit. And the reason why people complained is specifically because they just wanted to go in and fight with their favorite characters, without having to worry about anything else. Just like you, apparently.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

  13. #2733
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,330
    Well most of my primos are gone now. Got the razor and that flame guitar one. Lucky i didnt get a 5 star so it didnt reset

  14. #2734
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the actual mechanics of the Childe fight weren't nerfed, the numbers were just toned down a bit. And the reason why people complained is specifically because they just wanted to go in and fight with their favorite characters, without having to worry about anything else. Just like you, apparently.
    Lolwut? And no, the numbers were tuned down on his attacks because they were hitting like a fucking truck demanding you ACTUALLY BE GOOD AT THE GAME (dodging in particular) to beat him.

    This is completely different from certain enemies being just straight up immune or triggering unavoidable damage if you use certain elements/reactions. If your example was actually an equivalent stance, they wouldn't have nerfed childe's damage, they would have reduced his resistances to elements of his type. However, he was already perfectly killable with water and electro people. The only thing they did to him was make his attacks less punishing. I'm all fine with punishing attacks if you fuck up dodges.

    TL;DR no I'm not a hypocrite. Wanting to use one character is not the same as wanting to be successful if I'm bad at the game's combat inputs.

  15. #2735
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    TL;DR no I'm not a hypocrite. Wanting to use one character is not the same as wanting to be successful if I'm bad at the game's combat inputs.
    It's the same in spirit. It's stamping your feet and insisting that you should be allowed to play the game the way you want, regardless of mechanics. Enemies punishing you for bringing the wrong element are still apart of the game's mechanics.

    In fact, they only difference is you're actually complaining about what's meant to be the endgame content, while all the people who complained about the Childe fight only wanted it to be brought in line with the rest of the story content, which had been incredibly easy and straight-foreword up until that point.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

  16. #2736
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    And I much prefer it that way. I don't like being given everything. I like having something to work towards. If you hit AR45 and then their like, here, all your characters maxed out, you'll have nothing left.

    If not for grinding for artifacts or talent level materials, what else would you do? There really isn't much else to do.
    So game is shitty without skinner box. Gotcha.

  17. #2737
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    It's the same in spirit. It's stamping your feet and insisting that you should be allowed to play the game the way you want, regardless of mechanics. Enemies punishing you for bringing the wrong element are still apart of the game's mechanics.
    There is a meaningful difference. I'm not asking to be as effective against pyro enemies. I'm asking to not get immunes.

    Besides that, in this particular instance, what I'm talking about was electro enemies, who are typically weak or at least neutral to pyro anyways. The game intentionally changed the mechanics from their natural form to make it explicitly work counter to how it always had. That's fucking garbage.

    To be more specific about the issue, combat is everything you do ACTIVELY IN THE ENCOUNTER. It has absolutely nothing to do with setup before hand. What I want is a game that respects everything as combat first; setup and planning optional. It wouldn't even really be that big of a deal if they didn't also stick a timer on it to ensure you absolutely have to have an optimized setup.

    Pyro regisvine is a perfect example of how it should work. Is using diluc optimal? Nah. Can I still make it work just by sheer volume of damage output? Absolutely. I can still sometimes one-phase it.

    They specifically add dumb affixes to prevent that possibility and necessitate very exact types of reactions solely to make you want more than just your favorite husbando/waifu if you want to progress. 100% utter garbage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So game is shitty without skinner box. Gotcha.
    Exactly. Anyone who finds <any> game shitty without the skinner boxes attached are ACTUALLY the ones playing the wrong game. Skinner boxes are not appreciable and people should stop. The gameplay itself is supposed to be where the fun comes from.

  18. #2738
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,468
    So rolled 25 times to try and get Chungus

    Got new girl and Zhongli.
    Well, they're going to expeditions and never coming back.

  19. #2739
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Lolwut? And no, the numbers were tuned down on his attacks because they were hitting like a fucking truck demanding you ACTUALLY BE GOOD AT THE GAME (dodging in particular) to beat him.

    This is completely different from certain enemies being just straight up immune or triggering unavoidable damage if you use certain elements/reactions. If your example was actually an equivalent stance, they wouldn't have nerfed childe's damage, they would have reduced his resistances to elements of his type. However, he was already perfectly killable with water and electro people. The only thing they did to him was make his attacks less punishing. I'm all fine with punishing attacks if you fuck up dodges.

    TL;DR no I'm not a hypocrite. Wanting to use one character is not the same as wanting to be successful if I'm bad at the game's combat inputs.
    Actually you are. There are people who have no real healers only bubbles, there are people who are built around stamina use (which means no dodging), etc... They are playing the way the game lets them or gave them while you don't want to play the game the way they designed it (swapping for elemental reactions).

  20. #2740
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,445
    He doesnt start till 3. I am currently angry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •