Thread: Genshin Impact

  1. #2741
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So rolled 25 times to try and get Chungus

    Got new girl and Zhongli.
    Well, they're going to expeditions and never coming back.
    I will probaly do 8 more rolls then stop (so i hit 10 cap). Right now on 51/72. (for soft cap)

    And i still got 4 normal rolls left on shop...

    Also i will hit 79 on every lvled character soon, so i will hopefully have resorces to lvl any of those:


    3 out them are using older weapons already (lvled a bit)
    (or some water character....)

    Lvling 80-90 seems pointless as it cost to much and i will only do ascensions for better stats. They will lvl naturaly

  2. #2742
    Games that only have one correct action to perform in order to win are garbage. Especially if those actions can only be found on one particular <weapon/person/thing/whatever> when the game should be encouraging customization and freedom. It's why sekiro isn't as good as darksouls: you just have to use the right counter to win, no flexibility or ingenuity. Genshin impact doesn't work like that in 99% of its combat cases. It's fine in abyss because, again, that is the long-term goal of necessitating full teams. Sprinkling that into the grind aspects is stupid. Adding it to boss fights would also be stupid (if they did it... they haven't yet).

    Let's try going a different route:

    How are normal F2P people who naturally level the game supposed to be able to clear everything they have access to at that level?

    If your answer involves "roll for characters" and "farm additionally for days/weeks to buff up all of their characters", you're part of why gachas are as successful as they are and destroy the game market.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-12-01 at 09:19 PM.

  3. #2743
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Games that only have one correct action to perform in order to win are garbage. Especially if those actions can only be found on one particular <weapon/person/thing/whatever> when the game should be encouraging customization and freedom. It's why sekiro isn't as good as darksouls: you just have to use the right counter to win, no flexibility or ingenuity. Genshin impact doesn't work like that in 99% of its combat cases. It's fine in abyss because, again, that is the long-term goal of necessitating full teams. Sprinkling that into the grind aspects is stupid. Adding it to boss fights would also be stupid (if they did it... they haven't yet).

    Let's try going a different route:

    How are normal F2P people who naturally level the game supposed to be able to clear everything they have access to at that level?

    If your answer involves "roll for characters" and "farm additionally for days/weeks to buff up all of their characters", you're part of why gachas are as successful as they are and destroy the game market.
    That's one thing about the element system that bothers me. It's not something interesting, or something you work with. It's a cudgel that the game beats you with to tell you what to bring to a fight.

    You never really interact with it or do anything particularly clever with it. You more or less just do what it tells you.

  4. #2744
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's one thing about the element system that bothers me. It's not something interesting, or something you work with. It's a cudgel that the game beats you with to tell you what to bring to a fight.

    You never really interact with it or do anything particularly clever with it. You more or less just do what it tells you.
    Exactly. It could be so much more. Or at least it could allow for some interesting rotations/combos, but no... "can't do that here, can't use this person there!" etc. They take one of the juiciest parts of the game and reduce it to "hope you have all the right people so you can do the one thing we let you!" as a thinly veiled way to encourage you to spend more time and money.

  5. #2745
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Exactly. It could be so much more. Or at least it could allow for some interesting rotations/combos, but no... "can't do that here, can't use this person there!" etc. They take one of the juiciest parts of the game and reduce it to "hope you have all the right people so you can do the one thing we let you!" as a thinly veiled way to encourage you to spend more time and money.
    Why the heck are you guys so dramatic about this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSnY4_oqZYc

    this guy has not yet rolled for anything other than the 10 wishes you get at the start for Noelle.
    There is no such thing as "Uh, bring character X or you are fucked yada yada mi mi mi"
    You have everything you need to clear the game for free.

    Just enjoy what you get or leave it.
    Accept that Gacha is fun, that leveling characters is fun, that farming gear for characters is fun for people and you are just looking for a different game that is not fun for them
    If you can't, stop playing, but let others have their fun, geez. Your "improvements" are not improvements, they just change the whole idea of the game. I don't want WoW-Genshin.. I could really care less for the game then if all my characters are done and equipped in 1 week.

    People play for the gacha, people play for the girls and boys, people play for the progression system.
    Not everyone plays games like you do. Not everyone is bothered by it.

    That's one thing about the element system that bothers me. It's not something interesting, or something you work with. It's a cudgel that the game beats you with to tell you what to bring to a fight.

    You never really interact with it or do anything particularly clever with it. You more or less just do what it tells you.
    That's not true... You always work with it.
    What would you like to do that is currently not possible? I mean, it's been pretty clear that you are actually not even using the clever interactions... such as freezing flowers so they don't "fly away" or port away when you hit them.

    The video clearly shows how you use the interactions and skills properly... so why do we have to pretend that we just left click when it's clearly not the case.
    What does "The game tells you what to bring to a fight" even mean - so it's a bad thing that the game has options and you can pick the most efficient types and bring that to the fight instead of the most inefficient?
    Maybe it's also the time for characters to shine that are otherwise a bit underrated because they aren't the cookie cutter supreme example of an optimal DPS character?
    Maybe it's actually cool that Abyss has a DPS bonus for crystalize right now? So I can bring out my Ning and enjoy the extra damage? Maybe that's not a bad thing? Still able to do it without her though, so it's not like you can't do it with others just as well.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-01 at 10:12 PM.

  6. #2746
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,438
    I think you guys forget this is a mobile game and they cant do anything that crazy with it

  7. #2747
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's one thing about the element system that bothers me. It's not something interesting, or something you work with. It's a cudgel that the game beats you with to tell you what to bring to a fight.

    You never really interact with it or do anything particularly clever with it. You more or less just do what it tells you.
    What would be interesting to you? Aside from X immune stuff you can use anything you want it just might take longer.

  8. #2748
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Why the heck are you guys so dramatic about this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSnY4_oqZYc

    this guy has not yet rolled for anything other than the 10 wishes you get at the start for Noelle.
    There is no such thing as "Uh, bring character X or you are fucked yada yada mi mi mi"
    You have everything you need to clear the game for free.
    I respect this youtuber.
    However, do NOT learn/copy what he did.
    It is not efficient.

    He usually does the first chamber with one team.
    Then use a different team to do the second chamber. He saves the burst for the 2nd chamber, etc.
    Finally, use another team to do the 3rd chamber.

  9. #2749
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What would be interesting to you? Aside from X immune stuff you can use anything you want it just might take longer.
    You can't get certain reactions on certain enemy types due to either that immunity or slimes getting perma-elemented that forces a reaction type. In addition, that "it just might take longer" becomes an issue with timers.

    What would be interesting to me is getting to set up a squad to wombo combo for one big attack (in this case, diluc bird) and getting to use that setup over and over again. "But that sounds boring! You're just repeating the same thing!" The gratification is being able to get it off in every situation. Getting off a 4 character swap wombo on some fight like wolf is near-impossible due to his attack types and windows. The beauty is trying to figure out how to get stuff off properly amidst a plethora of different cluster fucks. Being told simply "Nope, you can't do that here" is counter to my favorite part of the game (character customizations and making that wombo happen).

  10. #2750
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I think you guys forget this is a mobile game and they cant do anything that crazy with it
    There's the only real answer, honestly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Why the heck are you guys so dramatic about this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSnY4_oqZYc

    this guy has not yet rolled for anything other than the 10 wishes you get at the start for Noelle.
    There is no such thing as "Uh, bring character X or you are fucked yada yada mi mi mi"
    You have everything you need to clear the game for free.

    Just enjoy what you get or leave it.
    Accept that Gacha is fun, that leveling characters is fun, that farming gear for characters is fun for people and you are just looking for a different game that is not fun for them
    If you can't, stop playing, but let others have their fun, geez. Your "improvements" are not improvements, they just change the whole idea of the game. I don't want WoW-Genshin.. I could really care less for the game then if all my characters are done and equipped in 1 week.

    People play for the gacha, people play for the girls and boys, people play for the progression system.
    Not everyone plays games like you do. Not everyone is bothered by it.



    That's not true... You always work with it.
    What would you like to do that is currently not possible? I mean, it's been pretty clear that you are actually not even using the clever interactions... such as freezing flowers so they don't "fly away" or port away when you hit them.

    The video clearly shows how you use the interactions and skills properly... so why do we have to pretend that we just left click when it's clearly not the case.
    What does "The game tells you what to bring to a fight" even mean - so it's a bad thing that the game has options and you can pick the most efficient types and bring that to the fight instead of the most inefficient?
    Maybe it's also the time for characters to shine that are otherwise a bit underrated because they aren't the cookie cutter supreme example of an optimal DPS character?
    Maybe it's actually cool that Abyss has a DPS bonus for crystalize right now? So I can bring out my Ning and enjoy the extra damage? Maybe that's not a bad thing? Still able to do it without her though, so it's not like you can't do it with others just as well.
    I like how you link Envi's Floor 12 clear and are all, "Look at how interesting it is!" when even he says it's nothing but torture.

    The content just isn't that good right now. I don't know why people can't just be honest about that, when they all but say it anyway with their comments about how the gacha and farming are the fun parts and the fighting isn't. So why argue about the content not being particularly good when those same people already seem to agree?
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2020-12-01 at 10:51 PM.

  11. #2751
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,438
    I did not get him. Man

  12. #2752
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I did not get him. Man
    Time to swipe!

  13. #2753
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'd have to log in to get the correct numbers but:

    Out of my head:
    ~500k Mora every 2 weeks, 600 Primogems
    8 4* and 4 5* Artifacts
    If you can clear everything with full stars.

    More likely than not, you will only get half of the Primogems though and roughly ~350-400k Mora.
    wait wait, is it something you clear weekly? how ? mine is at level 5 when I visit it? Does it become a weekly thing after a stage? which stage is that?
    lmao imagine being rank 47 world at 6 without knowing this lol

  14. #2754
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    wait wait, is it something you clear weekly? how ? mine is at level 5 when I visit it? Does it become a weekly thing after a stage? which stage is that?
    lmao imagine being rank 47 world at 6 without knowing this lol
    Floors 9-12 reset weekly! The other 8 don't give anything new after the first clear.

  15. #2755
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Floors 9-12 reset weekly! The other 8 don't give anything new after the first clear.
    Bi-weekly*


    So if you're good enough you can get 600 primogems every 2 weeks.

  16. #2756
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuru View Post
    Bi-weekly*

    So if you're good enough you can get 600 primogems every 2 weeks.
    Ah yes, my brain is still thinking in weekly mode. You're quite right!

  17. #2757
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I did not get him. Man
    My first 10 pull of the banner:


    So glad I quit on the Childe one when I did lol.

  18. #2758
    Zhongli is looking to be a pretty good physical main carry. The last thing that I'm wanting to see is what happens to element shielded enemies if they're petrified by his ult.
    Interested in joining Star Citizen? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/e...STAR-4NBQ-QV6X Get $5 of in game credits when enlisting with that link!

    And if you want to make a complaint about my sig, then too bad. You'll likely be on my ignore list with the 2 other idiots anyways.

  19. #2759
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I want harder combat and different enemies, not dumb shit like "oh, you can't use your favorite character here because we said so!" I don't want the difficulty to come from the fact that I only have one squad and that squad is mechanically incapable of beating everything. I want the difficulty to come from the actual boss fight mechanics.
    You are making literally no sense. Do you even realize that you're describing the shitfest that spiral abyss is? You seem to be fine with that though /shrug.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    You...you realize you're being a hypocrite here...right?

    As far as I'm aware, the actual mechanics of the Childe fight weren't nerfed, the numbers were just toned down a bit. And the reason why people complained is specifically because they just wanted to go in and fight with their favorite characters, without having to worry about anything else. Just like you, apparently.
    This too lol.

  20. #2760
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Zhongli is looking to be a pretty good physical main carry. The last thing that I'm wanting to see is what happens to element shielded enemies if they're petrified by his ult.
    You think so? I haven't heard anyone using him so far feeling that he's going to be a quality carry. But it's first day!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •