Thread: Genshin Impact

  1. #321
    Imagine making Articles on Lacari stream lmao. He does that stuff all the time for fun. His stream is all about him getting fucked in some way. May it be in the game or in those rolls.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, PS4 accounts cannot be used for anything other than PS4. You can however use your regular account on mobile and pc. I don't know whether the Switch version will follow the route of the PS4 or if it'll be cross-save the same way that mobile/PC is, since we don't even have a release date for it on the Switch.
    Registered with Google on my Phone, and I don't have that option on PC... just with the game itself, Facebook or Twitter... x.x;

  3. #323
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The only complaint I have is there are too many different forms of currency. Having two different types of "fate" seems excessive. The stardust vs. starglitter I do kinda get since I believe one comes from rolling duplicate heroes and the other from duplicate weapons and you are obviously going to get way more weapons.

    I also have no idea why you cannot buy gems directly. You have you buy crystals that are then turned into gems at a 1to1 ratio? What's the point of that?
    I assume it's to sidestep some sort of gambling or monetization restrictions in some area of operation, but really I don't know.

  4. #324
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,832
    The 1 to 1 ratio is ridiculous too imo. I think 10 dollars should get you a 10 wish. Maybe 1.50 for a 1 wish so 10 is the better deal. 30 wishes for 25 etc.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The 1 to 1 ratio is ridiculous too imo. I think 10 dollars should get you a 10 wish. Maybe 1.50 for a 1 wish so 10 is the better deal. 30 wishes for 25 etc.
    Yeah the pricing on the top off is well, not friendly to the consumer. You buy the 5$ blessing of the welken moon and get 3000 primogems over the month. but if you want 3000 primogems on the top off it's 50$ that is really skewed!!

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Is the game cross platform like FF14 where I can play on both PC and PS4 with the same account?
    Yes it's cross platform, but you can't play on the same account as on PS4 because of how the game links to the account. PC and Mobile are linked directly to the e-mail address whereas with PS4 it links to you PSN account.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think it's better to say it's "supported by whales." The pricing is thoroughly aggressive. Probably the most aggressive I've seen in a gacha game, personally.
    While true, it still released for free and there are a lot of features that a free player gets. I'll agree, heavily, that the PRICING is aggressive but the feature itself is not really aggressive at all IMO. It's incredibly passive and players get multiple free rolls a day just for playing. Depending on how aggressively you play and farm gems you can pretty easily earn 1600+ Primogems a day which is 10-wish roll.

    The trade off is that it's probably more generous to free to players than any gacha I've seen.
    Here's hoping it stays that way for a while. If I can get this much game for free, I'll be playing this for a long time. Probably not constantly, but definitely one I'll keep coming back to often. And I'd have no issues dropping some money here and there because it's a solid game and wouldn't mind supporting it and maybe getting some 5* character love on the side, lol.

  7. #327
    Immortal TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Registered with Google on my Phone, and I don't have that option on PC... just with the game itself, Facebook or Twitter... x.x;
    You shouldn't need to register a second time, you already registered your email address so you have an account associated with your email address already.

    The only place I can see it being a problem is if registering on mobile didn't require you to create a password for your account. In that case you probably can use https://account.mihoyo.com/#/forgetPassword?lang=en-us to reset/generate a password for your account.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-10-08 at 03:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Registered with Google on my Phone, and I don't have that option on PC... just with the game itself, Facebook or Twitter... x.x;
    As long as you use the same e-mail that's linked to your google, you should be fine, I think.

    And as @TEHPALLYTANK already said, since you already registered for the account, you shouldn't have to do so again. You should just be able to sign into your MiHoYo account on PC and download the client. If you don't know your password, maybe reset it from the site on PC and create one? Should work.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah the pricing on the top off is well, not friendly to the consumer. You buy the 5$ blessing of the welken moon and get 3000 primogems over the month. but if you want 3000 primogems on the top off it's 50$ that is really skewed!!
    And that only gets you 2 10-wish rolls, which is ridiculous considering just how much trash is in those rolls. The pricing wouldn't feel so aggressive if the drop rates were increased significantly.

    Sadly though, as long as these whales exist that pay those fees, the pricing isn't likely to change and the drop rates for the 4 and 5 start items is not very likely to be changed in any significant way.

    The $5 Welken Moon is great, but it requires you to actually log in to collect it I think, you don't just automatically get the 90 gems for every day you have the blessing active.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I actually think I have done pretty well thus far. $0 spent. I got Keqing, Chongyun, Barbara, Xiangling, Noelle, Sucrose, Razor, and Xingqui. No duplicates. I still really want Venti the most. Eventually, I would like to use the team of Keqing, Venti, Barara, and I guess Diluc for the fourth? No clue how he plays but Fire seems useful so either him or Xiangling and while I do like the way she plays, that bell is kinda annoying. Right now I am still stuck using Amber. Bows are just too useful and I still don't have Venti or Fischl...
    You want another character of the same element as your main DPS in your team if possible
    I don't know how to achieve that myself without sacrificing the healer spot, which in my opinion is not only useful but required because sooner or later, you run out of HP no matter what.
    I guess that's why Jean is so good, since she is both a swirl enabler that deals good damage and heals people.

    2x pyro adds a 25% attack buff for example.
    On top of more recharge energy for your DPS because energy orbs have elements attached to them and you'll get more pyro energy particles (which regenerate ... I believe 4 times(?) as much energy than a non/wrong-element particle.

    I want Xiangling as a DPS in my team. Mostly because I'm close to Constellation 6 with Fishl and Spears attack quickly and there is a craftable one that's quite good. She also reduces Pyro-RES and the 2nd Pyro character benefits from that quite a bit.
    So I'd need Klee to get a good second Pyro character for that sweet 25% attack buff on top of her amazing elemental skill/burst ability. Her ultimate is quite strong too, I just wonder if it remains active if you switch out of her (Just like Pyronado?)
    Not to mention how Klee is just a heartwarming experience to play as in general. (at least with the japanese voice over, didn't test the others yet). I had so much fun on her AR32 storyquest.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-08 at 05:32 AM.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wish there was a sub option. Like pay 20 dollars a month and get 20 wish and maybe some skins when they add that. It would be a good deal and would probably make them a lot of money.
    I mean, blessing of the welkin moon is basically that. Pay $5 and get 2,700 gems. Two months and you get 3 rolls so its not bad imo.

    I want to try the spire, but I only have 1 level 40 at the moment. I want to get a second xianling from the event. What kind of levels are people having to achieve this?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  11. #331
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The only complaint I have is there are too many different forms of currency. Having two different types of "fate" seems excessive. The stardust vs. starglitter I do kinda get since I believe one comes from rolling duplicate heroes and the other from duplicate weapons and you are obviously going to get way more weapons.

    I also have no idea why you cannot buy gems directly. You have you buy crystals that are then turned into gems at a 1to1 ratio? What's the point of that?
    Its a way to avoid some laws for companys.
    You are not tehnicaly spending money on gambling like that. And also it tricks the mind, that it fells you are not spending a lot.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I want to try the spire, but I only have 1 level 40 at the moment. I want to get a second xianling from the event. What kind of levels are people having to achieve this?
    I got the Xiangling from 3-3 while I was AR20; I think my team was the Main Character, Amber, Beidou, and Barbara, levels were probably close to 40 with the first three having lv 40 weapons (while Barb is using that 3-star book with the effect that increases the damage of the next character that she swaps to), and my best artifacts were on Beidou simply since I like her the most. I barely beat the time limits so I didn't get any stars and eventually had to redo floor 3 later to proceed to floor 4, but anyway. I don't remember what element gained a damage bonus on floor 3, but I know it wasn't Electro, so I wasn't even taking full advantage of that.

    I think the time limits are more of an issue than incoming damage for floor 3; you'll probably want to pick the strongest DPS buffs that last the entire floor. But it is forgiving that if say you fail on 3-3, you can retry 3-3 without having to redo 3-1 and 3-2 (just pick "Leave for Now" and not "Abandon" when prompted). Floor 3 has Lv 45 enemies, but 3-1 and 3-2 do have holes around the outside of the arena, so if you have decent knockbacks you can choose to knock out enemies instead of damaging them to death. (I used the MC's charged double slash against a number of archers that tend to stay near the edges).

    At any rate, since there's no cost to failure, it doesn't hurt to try; it's the only way you'll know if you're prepared or not.

  13. #333
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,445
    Floor 5 you need 2 teams at least 60 like ok game but thats weeks till i can do that

  14. #334
    I did the 3-1 to 3-3 with lvl 50 char, MC anemo since there is a bonus, barbara heal, kaeya and beidou to apply ice & elec to disperse with MC
    all had lvl 50 weapons but beidou, wrong day for the weapon upgrade materials

  15. #335
    Oh no.... I just realized that Klee is a 5* character. RIP me... my dream-team is now exactly that.... a dream.
    Why the heck is there no decent second 4* fire character . I own both but they are seriously lacking in power.

    Amber
    Bennet

    both super meh. Bennet is basically only a "stat-stick" and C6 (not that I'll ever get that) is a downgrade if you use +physical damage stuff. So that's pretty boring.

    Amber is basically a physical DPS only, with no elemental interactions. Unless I'm underestimating her Elemental Burst ability (short CD, short Energy cost)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-08 at 08:42 AM.

  16. #336
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its a way to avoid some laws for companys.
    You are not tehnicaly spending money on gambling like that. And also it tricks the mind, that it fells you are not spending a lot.
    I think I might have figured it out but it is such a minor thing that it makes me wonder if it is true. There is actually something you can only buy with the crystals, the two different supply bundle things that give you a bunch of character/weapon xp items. I guess I can see then wanting to make them purchasable but not with currency just earned in game.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Oh no.... I just realized that Klee is a 5* character. RIP me... my dream-team is now exactly that.... a dream.
    Why the heck is there no decent second 4* fire character . I own both but they are seriously lacking in power.

    Amber
    Bennet

    both super meh. Bennet is basically only a "stat-stick" and C6 (not that I'll ever get that) is a downgrade if you use +physical damage stuff. So that's pretty boring.

    Amber is basically a physical DPS only, with no elemental interactions. Unless I'm underestimating her Elemental Burst ability (short CD, short Energy cost)
    What about Xiangllng? I haven't used mine much myself but it sounded like quite a few people use her..

    And Amber's charged shots are Pyro so she has elemental attacks without a cooldown, I wouldn't call her basically just physical... but I'm not sure if charged shots do more or less DPS than spamming basic shots. Might depend on if you can aim at weak spots consistently. Personally I almost only use charged shots but I've never done the math or researched if that's optimal. It also may depend on gear; I know I prefer charged shots so I'm currently using a set that benefits charged attacks (4 piece Sojourner's). Even though I don't have enough +crit/crit dmg gear to make it great, but anyway.. Amber's not my primary DPS, I only use her for relatively short bursts when I can't melee.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I mean, blessing of the welkin moon is basically that. Pay $5 and get 2,700 gems. Two months and you get 3 rolls so its not bad imo.

    I want to try the spire, but I only have 1 level 40 at the moment. I want to get a second xianling from the event. What kind of levels are people having to achieve this?
    I got to, and completed, the floor to earn Xiangling for Free with a Level 40 party, a couple level 20's where I had to swap out due to the chamber/floor buffs/debuffs and shitty accessories. Just pay attention to the Chamber/Floor buffs and debuffs and plan your party accordingly.

    It's not difficult to survive, the difficulty comes in being able to kill the enemies within the time limit, so elemental properties are absolutely key in achieving that. It's the difference between squeaking by with a few seconds to spare and charging in with a single ultimate, swapping characters to ignite the elemental resonance and going "where did everybody go?"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Oh no.... I just realized that Klee is a 5* character. RIP me... my dream-team is now exactly that.... a dream.
    Why the heck is there no decent second 4* fire character . I own both but they are seriously lacking in power.

    Amber
    Bennet

    both super meh. Bennet is basically only a "stat-stick" and C6 (not that I'll ever get that) is a downgrade if you use +physical damage stuff. So that's pretty boring.

    Amber is basically a physical DPS only, with no elemental interactions. Unless I'm underestimating her Elemental Burst ability (short CD, short Energy cost)
    Charge shot with the bow is where you get most of your elemental interactions with her because her Ultimate is trash.

  19. #339
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    What about Xiangllng? I haven't used mine much myself but it sounded like quite a few people use her..

    And Amber's charged shots are Pyro so she has elemental attacks without a cooldown, I wouldn't call her basically just physical... but I'm not sure if charged shots do more or less DPS than spamming basic shots. Might depend on if you can aim at weak spots consistently. Personally I almost only use charged shots but I've never done the math or researched if that's optimal. It also may depend on gear; I know I prefer charged shots so I'm currently using a set that benefits charged attacks (4 piece Sojourner's). Even though I don't have enough +crit/crit dmg gear to make it great, but anyway.. Amber's not my primary DPS, I only use her for relatively short bursts when I can't melee.
    I believe he is talking about a character to use to second Xiangling. There are 5 total Pyro characters but the two good ones besides Xiangling are both 5 stars so will be difficult to get with either getting really lucky or spending a bunch of cash.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes it's cross platform, but you can't play on the same account as on PS4 because of how the game links to the account. PC and Mobile are linked directly to the e-mail address whereas with PS4 it links to you PSN account.



    While true, it still released for free and there are a lot of features that a free player gets. I'll agree, heavily, that the PRICING is aggressive but the feature itself is not really aggressive at all IMO. It's incredibly passive and players get multiple free rolls a day just for playing. Depending on how aggressively you play and farm gems you can pretty easily earn 1600+ Primogems a day which is 10-wish roll.



    Here's hoping it stays that way for a while. If I can get this much game for free, I'll be playing this for a long time. Probably not constantly, but definitely one I'll keep coming back to often. And I'd have no issues dropping some money here and there because it's a solid game and wouldn't mind supporting it and maybe getting some 5* character love on the side, lol.
    May I know how exactly it's possible to farm 1600 primos a day after you ve completed the not redouble content? Currently I m getting 60 per day from commissions and another 90 from the walking moon and then? What else can I do that nets me the other 1400 primos? Most chests dont respawn and the ones that do do not give primogems

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •