Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Jumping to conclusions just to hop back in the pulpit really serves no purpose other than to antagonize.
    And if someone spent a thousand dollars on a regular #2 pencil, I'd still walk up to them and call them retarded, hoping to be antagonistic and hoping that antagonism got them to rethink their decisions.

Markets are a fickle thing. Without the social aspect of people talking about what is and isn't a good deal, you pass more power to the companies. Game devs might just decide "plebs" who only spend $60 on a game are no longer worth it because there is an increasing number of whales out there willing to drop $1k on a game every month, and that is going to be their target market instead because it's easier to make money. Like I said, I'm all for no laws stopping this, but if it impacts a market I'm personally concerned with, I'm 100% going to voice my opinion on the matter in hopes that they stop fucking things up for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If Blizzard allowed you to purchase constellation mechanics to make your main dps abilities in WoW to be stronger you'd be crying bloody murder. But when some Chinese company does it it's fine because "It's a GACHA!!". So what? Why does the monetization model they use make it okay to make it cost thousands of dollars to max out a single character? Why is that monetization model even considered okay in the first place?
    your first mistake is thinking that we (generally speaking) as players are 'happy' or 'ok' with the monetisation system, i sure as hell am not, and i bet if you polled people they would vote with an overwhelming majority that they also hate the monetisation system, but that being said it's not something we have any control over and must live within the ecosystem that exists, furthermore, due to the social grooming in china, it's expected that games have exorbitant monetisation schemes as that is what has become the norm there, and is certainly something that has become the norm in any 'gacha' game, in the west for the most part we have consumer protection laws and systems in place that prevent companies from enacting these kinds of monetisation systems (yes i'm aware the andrew wilson loot box bullshit exists but it's on the thinnest of ice atm with the scrutiny they are under), no such laws or practices exist in china and it's very limited in scope in the other asian nations that are famous for producing these types of games.

it's not breaking any content
    Oh? You mean like this event currently going on that says "you must be THIS tall (which is extremely unlikely to have gotten to as F2P at this moment)"?

If whales could spend $10,000 for a Martin Thunder in Genshin, I really wouldn't give a crap. Why would I? How does that affect me at all? It'd be like caring that someone modded Skyrim to give themselves a laser cannon, why the hell would anyone actually care? Why are people so interested in what other people are doing in their solo game, or with their money?
    Again, they build the game and the content targeting a certain level of artificial difficulty (artificial meaning it necessitates certain characters, certain character power, or whatnot as opposed to darksouls where you can beat the entire game naked with no weapons). If you think that type of stuff of "we need to push players a little to want to spend more" doesn't come into literally every aspect of the game, you're delusional.

Ergo, if someone DOES spend tons of money and validates their marketing strategies to where they're confident that it's working, they will keep doing it or try going further with it. Yes, flexing shouldn't JUST be for whales because that is why I play video games (even if I'm just flexing for myself).

Ok, well good for you. That would just kinda make you a jerk, honestly.

Unless that person was actually tricked or scammed into paying for something other than what they were getting, the hell business is it of yours?
    One more time. Markets are not vacuums. If people suddenly start spending 1k on pencils, companies would suddenly start charging 1k for pencils. Meanwhile, I'd know that pencils used to cost like .10c and absolutely nothing changed, they're just selling them for more because enough idiots bought into it. So now, instead of being able to throw pencils away by the pack because they're so cheap, I suddenly might not even be able to afford a pencil at all or find any value in it. My life has been impacted by the decisions of others around me.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-17 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the worst comparison you could have possibly come up with.

Genshin is basically a single player game. It doesn't matter what people can buy or what they can do, it's not breaking any content or keeping other people out of raids or screwing up the economy for other players or whatever.

If whales could spend $10,000 for a Martin Thunder in Genshin, I really wouldn't give a crap. Why would I? How does that affect me at all? It'd be like caring that someone modded Skyrim to give themselves a laser cannon, why the hell would anyone actually care? Why are people so interested in what other people are doing in their solo game, or with their money?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, well good for you. That would just kinda make you a jerk, honestly.

Unless that person was actually tricked or scammed into paying for something other than what they were getting, the hell business is it of yours?
    you're arguing with a brick wall, i would suggest stopping before you cause yourself an injury over it, most people lack the mental capacity to understand that arguement, they feel the need to rationalise their feelings of disgust because they can't or won't see the other side of the arguement, as you said there's no reason to care in a single player game what 'insert youtube/twitch/average joe whale here' does with their money because it has no bearing on you or your play, it's just that people can't seem to understand that and can't disconnect themselves from the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it's just that people can't seem to understand that and can't disconnect themselves from the scenario.
    People who don't understand there IS an impact are the actual brick walls. Guaranteed that if they sufferend and didn't bring in enough money, they'd be bending over backwards like other failed gachas to give players better value. Maybe that means no more resin on artifacts. Maybe that means no more garbage chances on GOOD artifacts. Maybe it means constellations can be earned instead of needing to drop 1k on banners.

What it DEFINITELY would mean is absolutely no down sides for players.

The threshold required to actually get the rewards from this event is EXTREMELY low. F2P players are indeed clearing it with high scores, yes.

Your assertion that it's "all easy" but you can't actually get a higher score is dubious, to be frank. 4k+ is doable without a real team or even a level 90 character/weapon, and max score isn't that far off.
    My highest score is 3140 (or 50/60.. whatever the math is). I could link my char's stats and explain why it's pointless to switch off diluc unless I'm dropping bennet's ult for buff... or that half of the time I try the fight I waste 30 seconds because I don't (and won't) have a well-built bow user, but to say the fight is mechanically hard is a farce. Again, my ideal style of game balanced combat is dark souls. Something you can complete successfully naked if you're good enough. This game... is not that. You can't. You need talents, the "correct" characters, levels, artifacts, weapons, all on power, etc. Its' fucking annoying and essentially RPG farmville or cafe world coupled with some actually fun and memorable moments and fun combat (when it's not artificially limited).

TL;DR: if I had the gear and characters, I could easily get max rating. The fact that I can't because I lack those pisses me off and is antithesis to my desires in a video game.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-17 at 04:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Oh? You mean like this event currently going on that says "you must be THIS tall (which is extremely unlikely to have gotten to as F2P at this moment)"?

Again, they build the game and the content targeting a certain level of artificial difficulty (artificial meaning it necessitates certain characters, certain character power, or whatnot as opposed to darksouls where you can beat the entire game naked with no weapons). If you think that type of stuff of "we need to push players a little to want to spend more" doesn't come into literally every aspect of the game, you're delusional.

Ergo, if someone DOES spend tons of money and validates their marketing strategies to where they're confident that it's working, they will keep doing it or try going further with it. Yes, flexing shouldn't JUST be for whales because that is why I play video games (even if I'm just flexing for myself).

One more time. Markets are not vacuums. If people suddenly start spending 1k on pencils, companies would suddenly start charging 1k for pencils. Meanwhile, I'd know that pencils used to cost like .10c and absolutely nothing changed, they're just selling them for more because enough idiots bought into it. So now, instead of being able to throw pencils away by the pack because they're so cheap, I suddenly might not even be able to afford a pencil at all or find any value in it. My life has been impacted by the decisions of others around me.
    let me stop you there, instead of making a false claim like that please specify that it's you that is having issues, i have been entirely F2P since this game launched, i have been somewhat lucky with my characters sure, but for the most part i have worked for my resources, i have put the experience i gained playing other similar games to making the most out of my play sessions and maximising my resources as much as possible, until this latest banner i had not spend a penny on the game and i had been able to complete anything the game has thrown at me, i'm almost AR54 and have completed all events up to this point, i have a full roster of characters to choose from that are all kitted out with decent enough gear for their element type/synergy, it's not the games fault you decided to focus on one character only and neglect the rest, or that you have spent your time doing less optimal things in game and have less resources than someone who was more efficient with their time etc, if you're going to make a generalisation like this, at least make it grounded in fact and not just your own feelings, from the way you're going on you expect to be handed all rewards without having to put any real effort in, this event is basically saying to you 'if you the max rewards, you gotta earn them' instead of just handing them out, and again if you neglect your roster that's on you, not on the game, yes i have my grievances regarding how unrewarding world level rank ups are, how ridiculous and unnecessary the resin system is, along with a laundry list of other nitpicks but ultimately it comes down to your own choices so stop trying to put the blame on the game devs.

- - - Updated - - -

People who don't understand there IS an impact are the actual brick walls. Guaranteed that if they sufferend and didn't bring in enough money, they'd be bending over backwards like other failed gachas to give players better value. Maybe that means no more resin on artifacts. Maybe that means no more garbage chances on GOOD artifacts. Maybe it means constellations can be earned instead of needing to drop 1k on banners.

What it DEFINITELY would mean is absolutely no down sides for players.
    this whole arguement is flawed, you don't 'need' any constellations on any characters, sure they help but they are not mandatory to complete any tasks in the game, the arguement could be made about zhongli needing his first constellation but that's a stretch imho, you 'WANT' those constellations, and that's the difference, i have a C1 xinyan, with very good artifacts a godly weapon and her talents levelled up, her basic attack hits on avg for ~6-8k non crit upwards of 15-18k crit depending on enemy type, she is better than most people using diluc i have met in co-op mode, to the point where i was asked what i was using to get the numbers they were seeing a few times during my artifact farming, it comes down to you spending resources where they get the best use and not wasting stuff on needless things then whining about it after the fact when things change.

trying to put the blame on the game devs.
    Nope, the game necessitating a plethora of different characters and a flexible roster instead of working such that anyone with any roster and requisite skill can beat it is 100% a dev design choice.

I spend my resin daily (but I don't do farming runs of open world shit and I don't do daily commissions because that's not progressing anything meaningful to me.. IE character power). I spend my resin wisely, but I've had garbage luck with artifacts. The entire reason I've shunned other characters is precisely BECAUSE I've been exclusively farming for my main and still haven't gotten anything worthwhile to where I feel comfortable moving on to someone else. I'm not stopping that pursuit until it's complete, so my characters will continue to languish until I get lucky.

I've gotten decent luck with weekly bosses on talent levels, but my wife has gone 5 straight weeks without a talent level up material for any of her mains (childe, zhongli, kaeya). That's fucking retarded design.

I'd be interested in how many hours you've invested as well. Resin spending 15 min a day is essentially ALL I do (obviously I do events as well). It's all that should be required to have the proper power level to complete anything in the game IMO.

You can't expect people to believe that you're SO UNLUCKY that it's keeping you from building one or two decent DPS carries, to the point that it's preventing you from doing event content.
    I'd be happy to take a video of a 3k clear and show my talents so you can help identify exactly how I'm not doing the fight correctly, but there is nothing I can do differently with the people I have. Overload reacts will outpace any of the ice reacts DPS wise and it's impossible to clear the electric status, so you only ever get superconduct or overload.

My diluc has r1 gravestone, lvl 8 dawn and onslaught, lvl 6 normal, is lvl 80, 2300 attk (with fire resonance), ~50 crit, ~100 crit dmg, ~50%pyro. I only have 1 orange artifact (flower) and the rest 4* at 16.

Like I said, biggest thing holding me back is making the time limit, usually due to wasted time when the thing flies in the air and shoots the static orbs. Just running the fight 100 times until that doesn't happen isn't appealing and shouldn't be necessary as it doesn't signify any increased skill on my part, just RNG luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the game necessitating a plethora of different characters and a flexible roster instead of working such that anyone with any roster and requisite skill can beat it is 100% a dev design choice.

I spend my resin daily (but I don't do farming runs of open world shit and I don't do daily commissions because that's not progressing anything meaningful to me.. IE character power). I spend my resin wisely, but I've had garbage luck with artifacts. The entire reason I've shunned other characters is precisely BECAUSE I've been exclusively farming for my main and still haven't gotten anything worthwhile to where I feel comfortable moving on to someone else. I'm not stopping that pursuit until it's complete, so my characters will continue to languish until I get lucky.

I've gotten decent luck with weekly bosses on talent levels, but my wife has gone 5 straight weeks without a talent level up material for any of her mains (childe, zhongli, kaeya). That's fucking retarded design.

I'd be interested in how many hours you've invested as well. Resin spending 15 min a day is essentially ALL I do (obviously I do events as well). It's all that should be required to have the proper power level to complete anything in the game IMO.
    and there's your first mistake, daily commissions are the highest xp/time you can get for your characters, so even if you lack a stockpile of the xp tomes you should still be doing the commissions for character xp as well as the 60 primogems per day which can directly affect your 'player power' as you put by allowing you to buy more resin etc.

the game is designed around the elements system, it's expected that you would have a team of characters that synergise with the different reactions, currently the meta comp is fire + ice for that massive melt combo, and because we only have access to 2 of the main world zones right now there's nothing really to take advantage of the other elements in a similar way, but over time i expect that to change, and you need to embrace that fact, if you get stuck in this mentality of 'this is my team and i'm not changing anything' then you're gonna struggle and get left behind.

as far as my own time investment, i spent a lot of time roaming and hunting all the chests in the world, not only as a way to generate primogems for wishes, but also as a way to generate free xp tomes/level up materials for weapons/stop gap artifacts until i could get better ones.

for me personally when a new event happens i blitz through it as fast as i can so i can go back to my daily routine of spending resin on things i need, but not necessarily things i want, and this goes back to my disdain for the resin system as a whole, i'm forced to kill the world bosses for character ascension materials and therefore must forgo spending that resin on domains (my preferred area of the game), as an example of how i have been playing this is an average session for me:

log in and see what commissions are up, go do them then hand in for the bonus reward after doing all 4, i then look at the map for the different spots i have marked for the mystic ore nodes and go to them to farm up crystals that i can then turn into weapon xp, since these all respawn daily there's a large amount of potential xp just sitting there for people to get if they want it, i then see what my resin is recharged to and what i need to spend resin on, if i need to level up a character i go kill world bosses with it, if i need mora (and who doesn't these days) i go do the leyline bullshit, however if i have no characters i want to level up and nothing that requires i have a large amount of money etc, then i spend all my resin farming artifacts, i have gone through this cycle since the game came out, and as a result i have had a plethora of good quality artifact drops and have been able to make sure all the characters i use are fully kitted out to a suitable standard, i wouldn't like to say how many artifacts i have had drop that were utter trash it's got to be 10's of thousands at this point so yes getting the ones you want is a challenge but persistence is key, as far as weapons are concerned the only regret i have is using my polearm prototypes up on xiangling after getting a better weapon from a banner roll since i have no other polearm user it's kind of a waste right now for me.

a side effect of doing daily commissions btw is that you will passively get the materials you need for character upgrades as you go, there's only a small few outliers where you have to go out of your way to actively farm because a few characters use the exact same materials for that purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of anything else, artifacts absolutely need reworking and I refuse to believe anyone can logically defend them. A week or more before Ganyu came out (once I got her I've shifted focus to her), I was farming for a geo damage cup. Because right now my Ningguang's damage is garbage despite everything being leveled up. Not only did I not get one, I can't remember the last time I even saws the cup itself. So not only was I not able to get one, what would happen if I did? Spend another week of artifact farming to level it up, and hope it had the proper sub stats on it to be at least decent enough to use. Maybe. Possibly. For one artifact. For one character. In a game that necessitates multiple characters.

Yes, I've spread myself thin, but I'd like to have options. My main is as geared as they're gonna get. I've got my best artifacts on her, with the best four-star weapon I can get on her, leveled up and all that jazz, and she still feels underpowered in a lot of situations. Because one character can't do it all. Spending potentially weeks on one artifact as part of a set for one character is way too much.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2021-01-17 at 04:51 AM.

let me stop you there, instead of making a false claim like that please specify that it's you that is having issues, i have been entirely F2P since this game launched, i have been somewhat lucky with my characters sure, but for the most part i have worked for my resources, i have put the experience i gained playing other similar games to making the most out of my play sessions and maximising my resources as much as possible, until this latest banner i had not spend a penny on the game and i had been able to complete anything the game has thrown at me, i'm almost AR54 and have completed all events up to this point, i have a full roster of characters to choose from that are all kitted out with decent enough gear for their element type/synergy, it's not the games fault you decided to focus on one character only and neglect the rest, or that you have spent your time doing less optimal things in game and have less resources than someone who was more efficient with their time etc, if you're going to make a generalisation like this, at least make it grounded in fact and not just your own feelings, from the way you're going on you expect to be handed all rewards without having to put any real effort in, this event is basically saying to you 'if you the max rewards, you gotta earn them' instead of just handing them out, and again if you neglect your roster that's on you, not on the game, yes i have my grievances regarding how unrewarding world level rank ups are, how ridiculous and unnecessary the resin system is, along with a laundry list of other nitpicks but ultimately it comes down to your own choices so stop trying to put the blame on the game devs.

- - - Updated - - -

this whole arguement is flawed, you don't 'need' any constellations on any characters, sure they help but they are not mandatory to complete any tasks in the game, the arguement could be made about zhongli needing his first constellation but that's a stretch imho, you 'WANT' those constellations, and that's the difference, i have a C1 xinyan, with very good artifacts a godly weapon and her talents levelled up, her basic attack hits on avg for ~6-8k non crit upwards of 15-18k crit depending on enemy type, she is better than most people using diluc i have met in co-op mode, to the point where i was asked what i was using to get the numbers they were seeing a few times during my artifact farming, it comes down to you spending resources where they get the best use and not wasting stuff on needless things then whining about it after the fact when things change.
    Just because you have been lucky with your characters doesn't mean every f2p player has been. Also with your level I assume you started out on day one or close to it? They gave us alot of free shit in the beginning something that not every F2P player will get. Would be kinda interesting to see what a person would get today if they just started. I'm sure you have also been lucky with your artifacts as well. While I'm not f2p and have some great characters I continually get dogshit artifacts like 50+ aero ,def, or physical on a pyro artifacts for Klee kind of bad luck where they never have any crit chance or attack. I eventually just quit farming em and switch to cryo/hydro dungeon for Mona and Ganyu. Still not amazing artifacts but I have atleast some pretty decent ones.

There are different kinds of "need" and gacha games target addicts and gamblers who "need" a character or "need" to complete them. You really think they designed a free game out of the goodness of their hearts for you? You aren't their target demographic you are just another part of the system designed to get more spenders into the game, either because you recommend it to people or so the whales have more people to group with. They could have easily made Genshin Impact an amazing single player 60$ game where you gather characters as you progress in the storyline but they chose to make it an quasi multiplayer online game with lootboxes. There most certainly an impact on how the game is designed by how many people pay/refuse to pay and for what.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-01-17 at 04:51 AM.

and there's your first mistake, daily commissions are the highest xp/time you can get for your characters, so even if you lack a stockpile of the xp tomes you should still be doing the commissions for character xp as well as the 60 primogems per day which can directly affect your 'player power' as you put by allowing you to buy more resin etc.
    I'm not concerned with AR or character XP until I get the other pieces in-place. Getting from 80 to 90 seems pointless when there are better time investments for things I'm still lacking (artifacts). Also, dailies are garbage content. I like the story quests, novel events, and boss fights. Domains are fine in small bursts, but the only reason I do them is artifact farming or other resources. If I didn't have to do them, I probably wouldn't. All the rest of the game can go die in a fire as it's too fucking boring for me.

the game is designed around the elements system
    This is obvious. I'm well aware of the meta of the game as well, so we can skip this.

if you get stuck in this mentality of 'this is my team and i'm not changing anything' then you're gonna struggle and get left behind.
    That's fine, but that's also a shortcoming of the design IMO. I want to build my favorite cast of anime characters and treat the game like my own little anime-show. Suddenly having the main character of the show be... absent... instead of continuing to be the chosen one of destiny is dumb. They should enable my type of mindset IMO. Otherwise it's just like early wow when fire mages were useless against certain bosses. Not-fun for people who are only fans of certain characters.

characters use the exact same materials for that purpose.
    I flat refuse to play the most boring aspects of the game this much to progress. It will happen slowly over time as events give me the resources I need or as I decide to dedicate my 160 daily resin towards stuff, but I'm absolutely not running around the boring fucking open world murdering hilichurls. That shit is for koreans. I assume most F2P players are even LESS motivated than I am and don't even spend their 160 resin daily.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-17 at 04:59 AM.

I flat refuse to play the most boring aspects of the game this much to progress. It will happen slowly over time as events give me the resources I need or as I decide to dedicate my 160 daily resin towards stuff, but I'm absolutely not running around the boring fucking open world murdering hilichurls. That shit is for koreans. I assume most F2P players are even LESS motivated than I am and don't even spend their 160 resin daily.
    "I want to min max every single aspect of the game - yada yada yada"
    the same guy:
    "I don't want to do anything for it"

Your assumptions are shit too btw.
    F2P that can't get a 3000 score are just bad, or started very late (like 1 maybe 2 months ago)
    And even they get the 60 gems for free for each trial so what's the problem

I just tried it out and you can do a 3105 score with a lvl 70 Xiangling (F2P) (44% crit / 65% critdmg - 0%Pyro dmg - 4 4* items and 1 5*, thats not just the artifact substats btw, that are her attributes - so basically a Crit% helmet and 3 critdmg substats across all pieces.)
    and a lvl 71 bennett (all support gear - using the f2p weapon from the ice-mountain thingy and +16 gear on all slots)

3105 on every challenge is enough to get every single reward the challenge will offer.
    I did it with nearly 2 minutes left so I could actually go a bit higher.

I used only Xiangling and Bennett, no 3rd or 4th character. Most of the damage came from elemental reactions.

And on a sidenote, just because you decide you want to do something, and the game doesn't allow you to do it and be effective (like your "I don't want to change my team"-grudge), doesn't mean the design is flawed. It just means it's not intended to be that way.
    The game has a clear rock-paper-scissor system and you want to win against rock with scissors - how about a simple "no, that's not the intended way"
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-17 at 10:27 AM.

Although I'm enjoying the challenge, this new event desperately needs a replay option... And that fact Albedo's E is so wonky on bosses like these... it's times like these that makes me wonder if the devs even play their own game.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-01-17 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This event is made for whales. Its that simple. Free to play players dont have every character lvled up and being forced to use specific character on boss is bullshit. (same goes with relic gear)

Rng with those bosses when they use skills is so random and its only possible to bruteforce this event with gear and reactions not to mention their animations waste so MUCH TIME.

Increase CD on skills, reduce crit and increase boss hp should never be a part of it.

On bright side you only realy need 14000 score to get all the best rewards.
    80.000k mora and 24 crystals are just not worth the investment into this event at all. (that is like 20-40 reshin in total only as reward)

Wait.. are you serious? You would actually consider spending thousands of dollars on a character for a PVE game when you are tight on money to afford a heater in your house? This is why gachas need to be regulated.
    You're a good example of how badly the public school system has fallen in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

But the fact remains that he was willing to spend that level of money if his heater didn't break. If his heater broke AFTER he purchased Ganyu he would be fucked.
    The heater and water heater cost about 5k to replace. I'm comfortably retired in my early 40s, so I could still spend the money to c6 Ganyu if I desired. But I didn't get in the position that I am by making foolish choices. I assure you my fiances are in no danger of collapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    "I want to min max every single aspect of the game - yada yada yada"
    the same guy:
    "I don't want to do anything for it"
    Correct. I want it to work like an FPS, or a WoW in WOTLK era (raidlogging levels of effort and only like... 4 raid resets to get best gear in game).

I want skill to be the sole limiting factor in success, and I want the bosses to be hard as a result. Not how the game was made I know, but that's what I want.

F2P that can't get a 3000 score are just bad, or started very late (like 1 maybe 2 months ago)
    Have currently done up to slightly over 3500 after accepting that making the timer longer was acceptable, and I broke down and used food/pots. That's another thing that's garbage btw. Just let me spend mora on consumables or something... instead of making me go fucking walk around and right click plants.
    And even they get the 60 gems for free for each trial so what's the problem
    Problem is I play literally every game to self-validate except for actually, strictly solo games. If the game has a competitive aspect to it like "hey I did this challenge!" then I MUST do it to keep stroking my own internal ego. In games where I can't do things because I refuse to play like an asian/nolyfe, I get upset. Especially if I know I have the requisite skill levels to beat it.

I just tried it out and you can do a 3105 score with a lvl 70 Xiangling
    Sure, but you leave the timer at the bottom tier one to do that and just stomach all the rest of the downsides to get there and you have to hope it 1) doesn't go in the air.. at all. 2) hope it doesn't do it's dumb wave breakdance move. Needing conditions to be ideal to beat something is utter garbage and just RNG, not a display of skill.

how about a simple "no, that's not the intended way"
    I'm pretty sure it's obvious what I'm voicing is my opinion on game design and how I think it should work, not some truism that says a game is objectively bad if it doesn't follow my desired formula. There are people out there that ACTUALLY spent money on games like cafe world, so I know there's a wide variety of what people like, but this is something I like and want to like MORE than I currently do.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-17 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    This event is made for whales. Its that simple. Free to play players dont have every character lvled up and being forced to use specific character on boss is bullshit. (same goes with relic gear)

Rng with those bosses when they use skills is so random and its only possible to bruteforce this event with gear and reactions not to mention their animations waste so MUCH TIME.

Increase CD on skills, reduce crit and increase boss hp should never be a part of it.

On bright side you only realy need 14000 score to get all the best rewards.
    80.000k mora and 24 crystals are just not worth the investment into this event at all. (that is like 20-40 reshin in total only as reward)

did the second one with Xiangling and Bennett too.
    3015 score.
    More than 1 minute left.

once I'm done with M+ for the week, I'll probably do it with naked characters, or at least with characters with a lvl 1 weapon equipped.

Literally every single character works on that one btw (except Anemo of course). Kaeya for example, or Barbara.

Sure, but you leave the timer at the bottom tier one to do that and just stomach all the rest of the downsides to get there and you have to hope it 1) doesn't go in the air.. at all. 2) hope it doesn't do it's dumb wave breakdance move. Needing conditions to be ideal to beat something is utter garbage and just RNG, not a display of skill.
    I don't have to "hope" for anything. You just do it if you aren't complete garbage and know how this game works.
    3k is all you need for all the rewards, everything else is INTENDED for people who want to show how strong there are.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-17 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the event that becomes 100% trivial in co-op?

Where did your "Sorry you don't have friends" attitude go?

F2P that can't get a 3000 score are just bad
    You just do it if you aren't complete garbage and know how this game works.
    Whelp, I guess it's confirmed then. I am garbage at this game. I can't even manage to get half that score.

Ah well, just add it to the pile of things I suck at. At least I can still get primogems out of it.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"