Thread: Genshin Impact

Was watching the special program and caught a huge spoiler.

The day bank guard is finally going out with the night bank guard

Keqing getting her own banner sets a weird precedence. If they have a quarter that comes up short, can we expect a Diluc banner?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Beep, you have some really weird hang-ups regarding "being special".
    Specialness is the most valuable thing in life to me, so of course I'm preoccupied with it, but that's not what's happening here. They use FOMO marketing strats to get people to spend, but that strat falls flat if there isn't any actual FOMO (because things don't go away permanently).

I have no stake in this. I haven't spent money on any of the exclusive character banners. My favorite character isn't and hasn't been an event character, and even if he does become one, he's still also on the normal wish banner. Only reason I'd spend money is if he was getting removed permanently from acquisition and they did an event banner rate up of some kind, otherwise... I'll be patient and save my wallet.

I just don't see them selling as much if it turns from FOMO into FOT*MO. I'm fine if people ease up on the spending, though makes life better for those of us who don't want to spend.

*Temporarily
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-22 at 08:25 PM.

I don't see how this has any negatives over positives for Mihoyo, though. When a character gets released, it gets hyped into oblivion, and that's the time the whales get to show their specialness, that's when you can make the proverbial bank (be it getting kicks from playing an "OP" character noone else has, making videos etc.) out of it. When the hype dies down, noone really cares about that character except of their devoted fans.

But it's not like any game gets ALL of its audience at release and short after and that's it, the game starts dying after that playerbase-wise. But if the new and returning players knew they had no chance of getting an old character ever again, they could get mad and leave at some point, especially in the case of characters like Venti, who is just a game-changer. That puts pressure on Mihoyo to continue releasing other broken characters to keep those players hopeful. And some of those players could also be whales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

About to hit AR42 and i just found out i can lvl up my talents.
    One day I too hope to be a competent player of this game.

For those unfamiliar with gacha games in general, I would say that 'limited time' characters will return eventually (but who knows how long it might be before a rerun), assuming the company owns that character. If miHoYo/Genshin Impact ever has a collaboration with a third-party, then I would imagine things from that collaboration may be permanently missable; there might be a chance of a rerun, but it'll be much less likely or rarer, given that they'll have to re-negotiate licenses/agreements and whatnot.

I don't believe miHoYo's previous game, Honkai Impact 3rd, had many collabs: I know it currently has a Neon Genesis Evangelion collab going on right now (new collab, not a rerun), and I've heard that the Chinese version had some collab with KFC somehow, which I imagine hasn't come back. So I can't tell you if any miHoYo collabs will come back, but I think that puts Genshin Impact getting some collabs eventually into the realm of possibility, and maybe then there'll be actual one-time-only characters.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2021-01-22 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    They could say something more direct to state it one way or another. "Limited time recurring event" or whatever. Anything to definitively indicate characters will or will not be returning, but that would hurt their bottom line and give people peace if they knew they weren't ACTUALLY missing out.

I absolutely assume mihoyo would do something as scummy as making characters actually one-time acquisition exclusive to drive sales.
    Or you could get some critical thinking skills and look at Mihoyo's previous games to get an idea on how they operate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I don't see how this has any negatives over positives for Mihoyo, though. When a character gets released, it gets hyped into oblivion, and that's the time the whales get to show their specialness, that's when you can make the proverbial bank (be it getting kicks from playing an "OP" character noone else has, making videos etc.) out of it. When the hype dies down, noone really cares about that character except of their devoted fans.

But it's not like any game gets ALL of its audience at release and short after and that's it, the game starts dying after that playerbase-wise. But if the new and returning players knew they had no chance of getting an old character ever again, they could get mad and leave at some point, especially in the case of characters like Venti, who is just a game-changer. That puts pressure on Mihoyo to continue releasing other broken characters to keep those players hopeful. And some of those players could also be whales.
    Also one thing people need to also realize that this game is a live service. Every purchase you make here will be gone after they shut down the server (unless people make private servers by getting the important files).

So its stupid to get emotional abauth a character and if you dont get them. Heck maybe CCP will go after Mihjo Ceo if he gets way to much influence and they can shut down the game easy.

In other words, dont spend to much money on this game as you will lose everything one day .

There are however other ways to obtain those characters .

I can't believe there's people who play games to be special and not you know...for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hu-tao probaly wont be out till 4th april:
    https://www.travelchinaguide.com/ess...s/qingming.htm

So you guys got time to save on primogems.

Zhongli + Keqing (lunar festival) -- whole feb (maybe zhongli will be back)
    Venti + Klee re-run (some other festival) and maybe that snake guy

Well, I understand it when it's a competitive game or something, of course people want to compete and win and be victors.

But in some single player anime game, to be constantly posting about how you're concerned about how special you are, how others better not get your favorite character, how your favorite character had better stay on top forever, etc etc...it's weird.
    Gacha games are about getting virtual waiffus. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, I understand it when it's a competitive game or something, of course people want to compete and win and be victors.

But in some single player anime game, to be constantly posting about how you're concerned about how special you are, how others better not get your favorite character, how your favorite character had better stay on top forever, etc etc...it's weird.
    That's not really the same thing as being "special" though. Being #1 in a competitive game isn't about being special, it's about being the best. Different things imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hu-tao probaly wont be out till 4th april:
    https://www.travelchinaguide.com/ess...s/qingming.htm
    I can't see them not releasing hu tao in 1.3 though purely because they showed her weapon in the pv. Idc what anyone says, that's hu tao's weapon. Also on top of that, xiao's banner is only 2 weeks and then there was no clear info given for how long keqing's banner is going to be. Doubt it will be 4 weeks with xiao's only 2. They also didn't specify when xiao's banner will actually end. I vaguely remember them saying that 1.3 will be divided into 3 parts. That would leave hu tao to come in the third part and announcement of her later after cny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I can't believe there's people who play games to be special and not you know...for fun.
    At least Beep doesn't have to worry too much about being special, he's made it really clear here...

I can see them doing a new character banner 1-2 old character (maybe with a new 4* character) banners and then a new character banner again

It's fun to know you're good at something and to beat challenges other people can't. I'm just used to these types of pursuits being decidedly NOT p2w because everyone (except apparently the gacha community) thinks it's scummy as fuck.

The gameplay, mechanics, etc, are fun. I wouldn't be caught dead doing something that wasn't at least baseline fun and interesting to me.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not really the same thing as being "special" though. Being #1 in a competitive game isn't about being special, it's about being the best. Different things imo.
    Being really good, or better yet... being the best... is always special. Statistically rare is the baseline for determining what is "special." Being relatively better than people necessitates being rare, thus special.

However, the reason P2W games are garbage is they let people feel special without necessitating them being special because.... getting the good stuff is as easy as tossing money at the problem. However, if the game is going to have challenges and necessitate you essentially no-lyfe the most boring parts or actually be those whales to be strong enough, the challenge is ruined. That doesn't mean I don't want the challenge, though. It also doesn't mean I don't wish I were those people beating it with max score. I still do wish I were them, even if I know the only reason is they tossed a lot of money.

The biggest issue is this is a time-limited challenge, as opposed to abyss, so once it's gone, I have no way to experience that top tier feeling.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-24 at 04:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a 48k crit with ganyu in spiral doooooooooooh ho ho ho ho

This game is such bullshit lol. 160 resin to craft/get 2 topaz gemstones and I end up needing just one fragment to transform into a chunk and then a gemstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    This game is such bullshit lol. 160 resin to craft/get 2 topaz gemstones and I end up needing just one fragment to transform into a chunk and then a gemstone.
    Just wait for patch with this. Since you will be able to change some gems like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit. Its my 1.st legendary artifacts with 4 stats that are not hp or defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Holy shit. Its my 1.st legendary artifacts with 4 stats that are not hp or defense.
    Ironically, the game trolled me and gave me a top-tier sub-stat witche's goblet with cry dmg main stat. Crit, crit dmg, attk%, flat attk. I suppose at least cocogoat can enjoy it as her off-set piece :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Ironically, the game trolled me and gave me a top-tier sub-stat witche's goblet with cry dmg main stat. Crit, crit dmg, attk%, flat attk. I suppose at least cocogoat can enjoy it as her off-set piece :/
    Well yeah, i also use offset piece goblet on her. Chance to get a right one that fits the set bonus is realy low.

I still gota fix Diluc (4x witch), Diona (4x royal or 2x royal 2x frost damage), Barbara (not sure what to use on her, but right i use 2x hydo damage set and random), Tartaglia (4x heart of deep, but better artifacts) and i am not sure if i would use Noelle other set(Retracing Bolide Set is kinda weird as its similar to gladiators finale, but has 5% less) wich is Hp atk def def def.