Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    If we assume Hu Tao has 46.6% Pyro from her goblet, 15% from 2p Crimson Witch set, and 33% from her A4 passive, that adds up together to +94.6% Pyro damage, so she's already dealing 194.6% of normal. Mona's +42% is additive to that (all DMG bonuses are), so that would instead make her deal 236.6% damage, and comparing that, 236.6/194.6 = ~1.2158, which means Mona's EB is adding about 21.6% damage.

Whereas if you don't have any resistance shred already, adding Zhongli's 20% shred will also add 20% more damage (assuming the enemy had 0% pyro res to begin with) since resists are another multiplier (not additive with DMG bonuses), hence being very close to the above. If an enemy had positive Pyro res, this effect will probably grant even more than the 21.6% of above.

Long story short, I say Viridescent Venerer has the strongest set bonus.
    hmm...is resistance a 1 to 1 conversion to extra damage dealt? so like 20% resistance reduction = 20% more damage? I didn't know it was like that, if that's the case.

Also another question, since you seem to know how damage calculations work. Assuming hu tao with lv 10 normal attack talent lv which gives 242.57% damage on charged attack. So with 4pc bolide is it 282.57%? damage?
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-03-04 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post

Every character who has crit rate or crit damage ascension can get these kinds of stats with minimal farming (not absurd amount of luck required), or if you use weapon. If you use a character who has crit rate or crit damage as ascension stat and use weapon with the other stat, then it's super easy to get those stats.
    It really isn't easy to reach these numbers withOUT a weapon at all.
    So it's not a "or" thing. Everything else is just god-rolled.

Only with a weapon that has either crit/critdmg ascensions alongside a character that has either, it's "easy" to reach high stats in both of those.
    And even that requires you to spend basically half a month worth of resin.

But you will find a different set along the way for a different character.
    So it depends on where you start looking, basically.

hmm...is resistance a 1 to 1 conversion to extra damage dealt? so like 20% resistance reduction = 20% more damage? I didn't know it was like that, if that's the case.

Also another question, since you seem to know how damage calculations work. Assuming hu tao with lv 10 normal attack talent lv which gives 242.57% damage. So with 4pc bolide is it 282.57? damage?
    It's not that simple I think.
    It's basically "all your damage (ele damage, ATK, skill modifier)" * DEF * RES% * crit *melt

edit: so nvm. it's basically what you just said, with the exception for critdmg + melt.

The only thing to keep in mind is that RES% in minus is basically only worth half of what it "says" (so if the mob, after swirled, has -30%RES it's worth an additional +15% dmg) and in the 75% area, it's working differently too from what I've read.

edit, edit found it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...fatui_shields/
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-04 at 09:14 PM.

Never heard of this game before and it popped into my youtube suggestions, initial thoughts?

Also another question, since you seem to know how damage calculations work. Assuming hu tao with lv 10 normal attack talent lv which gives 242.57% damage. So with 4pc bolide is it 282.57? damage?
    I believe each point of resistance reduces damage by 1%, and thus also negative resistances increase damage by 1%. So an enemy going from 0% to -20% resistance will take 20% more damage than before. While an enemy going from say 50% resistance to 30% resistance will effectively take 40% more damage than before.

And no, a DMG buff like 4p Bolide would not be additive to a skill's formula, but to other DMG modifiers. I guess you could say there are 5 relevant parts to the damage formula, in no particular order, which would each be multiplied together in the end:
    1) The attack's basic formula, for example in your case, 242.57% x ATK. This is solely dependent on the Talent and its level; no gear will change this.
    2) Each of your DMG bonuses added together. Elemental DMG, All DMG (i.e. from Mona's EB or Serpent Spine stacks), Normal/Charged ATK from Bolide or Gladiator's, etc., will all be additive here.
    3) Target's resistances
    4) A comparison involving attacker's Level, target's level, and target's DEF stat (which you mostly can't change except by increasing your Level)
    5) Crit DMG if applicable

So basically, gear can affect factors 2, 3, and 5. You get plenty of 2 and 5 already, but if you don't have any adjustments to 3, then adding one will help immensely.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't include reactions for Vaporize/Melt and how EM applies there. But it's probably yet another factor.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2021-03-04 at 09:01 PM.

And no, a DMG buff like 4p Bolide would not be additive to a skill's formula, but to other DMG modifiers. I guess you could say there are 5 relevant parts to the damage formula, in no particular order, which would each be multiplied together in the end:
    1) The attack's basic formula, for example in your case, 242.57% x ATK. This is solely dependent on the Talent and its level; no gear will change this.
    2) Each of your DMG bonuses added together. Elemental DMG, All DMG (i.e. from Mona's EB or Serpent Spine stacks), Normal/Charged ATK from Bolide or Gladiator's, etc., will all be additive here.
    3) Target's resistances
    4) A comparison involving attacker's Level, target's level, and target's DEF stat (which you mostly can't change except by increasing your Level)
    5) Crit DMG if applicable
    ok wait so using a hu tao with 4k attack for example. Would it be 4000 x 2.4257 + ( .4 * 9702.8). This is just for the bolide damage calculation, so ignoring the other factors.

ok wait so using a hu tao with 4k attack for example. Would it be 4000 x 2.4257 + ( .4 * 9702.8). This is just for the bolide damage calculation, so ignoring the other factors.
    Assuming you have no +Pyro or whatever (i.e. your Elemental Skill isn't up so you're not dealing Pyro damage), yes, that would be the total from factors 1 and 2.

Assuming you have no +Pyro or whatever (i.e. your Elemental Skill isn't up so you're not dealing Pyro damage), yes, that would be the total from factors 1 and 2.
    lol thanks. got it now. Who knew I'd learn so much about this game because of 1 character lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Never heard of this game before and it popped into my youtube suggestions, initial thoughts?
    Depends on what you like to play and how you like to play. It's pretty grindy and even alot of f2p players end up buying the battlepass.

Story isn't finished yet but interesting imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    If you dont have a spending habbit resistance to lootboxes stay the hell away from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of you are losers to me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    All of you are losers to me anyway
    that's solid.

15+ Year Old Account
    that's solid.
    Shes still 80 so im missing last ascend crit damage

do you guys have recommendations on streamers who aren't total shit at this game? is enviosity the only one?

What is this even supposed to mean? Just because someone can do decent at certain stats doesn't mean it's optimal.
    Hold on one sec, you said that you NEED 65/180 on every carry. I'm just asking what you need that for? And who said those stats were optimal all of a sudden?

10+ Year Old Account
    do you guys have recommendations on streamers who aren't total shit at this game? is enviosity the only one?
    99% if what i have seen are just stupid people rolling on shit and well giving money to the furnance.

So no they dont exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Well new event sucks already. Since i have to wait for hours for no reason to even get the primogems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Hold on one sec, you said that you NEED 65/180 on every carry. I'm just asking what you need that for? And who said those stats were optimal all of a sudden?
    1st, that's not really what I said. 2nd, the whole point of what I wrote is that's the kind of stats you'd need if you want to do like 200k+ damage. 3rd, having 1 main dps with stats around that range would make 3* all of abyss not a royal pain in the ass to do every reset. If you don't care about that then stats don't matter at all. You can kill shit in the world without any gear at all, it's a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    99% if what i have seen are just stupid people rolling on shit and well giving money to the furnance.

So no they dont exist.
    Yea that's been my experience too. All the streamers are mega whales who are just not good at the game. It's painful to watch if I'm being honest.

I think I'll go for Jean as the next 5* (although it will most likely be a 50/50 because I'm probably not going to have 90 pulls ready if she shows up in 1 month from now.)

Venti is strong, but I wouldn't know where to put him in.
    Fischl is strong too and I already don't know where and when to use her.
    Jean however, since she also fills the healer spot, is good in every team due to the -RES% support AND the healing.

A character like her seems to be good for any team there is, the only team comp that wouldn't benefit as much is a physical DPS team.
    Since she can push characters away, it's also useful for stacking up enemies.

Well, either Jean or Zhongli. Zhongli is just as powerful.
    I mean, lets face is, Bennett is awesome, but even he won't add as much as a healing -40%res machine
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-05 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a number of the English cast who stream it regularly. I know Jen Losi (Ganyu) has "theorycrafting Thursdays" and they're all about giving advice to chat. Often joined by the director Chris Faiella and some others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some news. There was a datamine of Jean and Diluc banner.

They're all shit. This game has by far the worst streamer community that I have ever seen for a game.