Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'm sitting here, thinking about ordering the Klee coffee mug and her sports jacket
    The jacket has a nice design. My only gripe would be that it calls her the Knight of the Sun. Her real title is Spark Knight. Sometimes Fleeing Sunlight. That part would drive me up a wall.

I may try to get Hu Tao, if she is any good. I already have a fire polearm user, so Hu Tao would need to be pretty strong. Especially since one of the datamined characters was Dendro and I am still looking forward to Ayaka.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    It's long past, and I was banned at the time so I couldn't really make a post when it was relevant, but since you've reintroduced a thread I can tug on:

I really think they will need to go back at some point and do some tuning. They cannot just power creep like they have been. Ganyu, Xiao, now probably Hu Tao... You said "ofc they'd do diluc banner instead of mona because they like money", but people buy power in gacha games first and foremost, so no one will spend a dime on "old hasbeen" characters if all the new characters are always the most powerful. They'll just wait for those new characters instead.
    Exactly why I'm guessing it's Diluc? Unless the standard banner character thing is b.s. No one will roll for anyone other than Diluc imo. Diluc is the strongest of the old characters by quite a lot.

And no, they won't ever do tuning. This isn't WOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I can hardly say that Xiao or even Ganyu are that much better than Diluc/Klee for free2play (that means C0).

Ganyu is good, Ganyu is strong - I could do everything she does with Diluc just as easily though.
    Diluc is a real powerhouse, so is Klee.
    Don't know about Xiao since I've never truely seen him in action, but I don't see much of a difference between him and Ganyu and thus not much between them and Klee/Diluc.
    From the gameplay that I've seen of Ganyu that most likely represents that majority of the community and not just 1 shot dvalin videos...I can safely say, they would probably get way more damage from klee and diluc. There's so much downtime/interruption and people can't execute Ganyu's charged shots perfectly which is exactly what makes her outrageous simulated dps "balanced". People see her simulated dps and cry OP but the reality is that's not really perfectly replicated in actual fights for majority of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Maaan, F- this... I don't want Hu Tao for my team, I just want to have her and enjoy the sillyness here and there that goes along with her.. Why can't I get lucky and just pull her in 10 pulls or something
    Do it! Pull for her and join me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The jacket has a nice design. My only gripe would be that it calls her the Knight of the Sun. Her real title is Spark Knight. Sometimes Fleeing Sunlight. That part would drive me up a wall.

I may try to get Hu Tao, if she is any good. I already have a fire polearm user, so Hu Tao would need to be pretty strong. Especially since one of the datamined characters was Dendro and I am still looking forward to Ayaka.
    Depends on who you have (your entire roster) and what your definition of strong is. I think people are getting a bit overboard with her "OP-ness". I don't think she'll be OP. She will be just like any other character. She will need investment, although the thing that she has going for her is that HP is easy to build for.

I just hit AR45, and tried farming some artifacts and I was NOT prepared. Nearly every attack one shot each party member. I actually have a decent amount of resources so I can put a team together, but I just don't know how. The end of combat thing usually says that everything is well below the expectations of the content that I'm trying. Anyone have any good insight on what I should be doing because apparently I can't clear, let alone farm the AR45 domains.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I just hit AR45, and tried farming some artifacts and I was NOT prepared. Nearly every attack one shot each party member. I actually have a decent amount of resources so I can put a team together, but I just don't know how. The end of combat thing usually says that everything is well below the expectations of the content that I'm trying. Anyone have any good insight on what I should be doing because apparently I can't clear, let alone farm the AR45 domains.
    Really just depends on the domain in-question. The higher tier you go, the more particular most of them get about what you can and cannot do, so pay attention to that and use the "correct" elemental combos. You'll need a lvl 80 DPS of the correct element with proper weapon and a healer/shield support to effectively solo the top tier domains.

Otherwise, you can match-make for a generally easier time if you're not quite there with the "correct" characters.

It mostly depends on which domain you're trying to farm. Each one has different stuff that you can get away with.

Also, Venti is just cheating in almost all of them, but that's another story. (Sucrose is ok too, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Really just depends on the domain in-question. The higher tier you go, the more particular most of them get about what you can and cannot do, so pay attention to that and use the "correct" elemental combos. You'll need a lvl 80 DPS of the correct element with proper weapon and a healer/shield support to effectively solo the top tier domains.

Otherwise, you can match-make for a generally easier time if you're not quite there with the "correct" characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It mostly depends on which domain you're trying to farm. Each one has different stuff that you can get away with.

Also, Venti is just cheating in almost all of them, but that's another story. (Sucrose is ok too, though.)
    No Venti, I was specifically trying to farm the Viridescent Veneer set for my Xiao from that domain and got laughably rolled. My Team is a Keqing (80), Xingqui (60), Bennett (60), and Klee (70).

I really hate Klee's playstyle and she's so freaking fragile. I do have 3 5 star Jade Cutters and 2 5 star catalysts (the ones that give move speed and % ele damage longer in field) as far as weapons go, but that's it. I have Keqing, Klee, and Xiao as 5 stars.

No Venti, I was specifically trying to farm the Viridescent Veneer set for my Xiao from that domain and got laughably rolled. My Team is a Keqing (80), Xingqui (60), Bennett (60), and Klee (70).
    I did both IV and V since I'm not sure what level the top tier one unlocks at, but they had virtually the same enemies. For this domain, I'd recommend blowing up the little dudes first as fast as possible, then the electro-mage chick (will be hard since keqing is your main) then the assassin last. You'll have to just be aware of him because a lot of his stuff will absolutely 1 shot.

I really hate Klee's playstyle and she's so freaking fragile. I do have 3 5 star Jade Cutters and 2 5 star catalysts (the ones that give move speed and % ele damage longer in field) as far as weapons go, but that's it. I have Keqing, Klee, and Xiao as 5 stars.
    In the Venerer domain, take Sucrose with you (Level doesn't matter. Make sure her Q is up.) and face her toward the ley line tree. Activate the key and immediately press Q so it goes straight out and not at one of the mobs.

Everyone will eventually end up in the Q, though not as quickly as they would with Venti. Make sure you use Sucrose's E on cooldown, because you'll need to keep them bunched up. Taking Anemo Traveler is nice to have the double Anemo recharge and another grouping Q.

From there it's just a matter of how much AoE DPS you can lay into them. You'll largely end up just ignoring all the mechanics, so lots of free DPS uptime.

(This is basically the story of every domain. Ignore mechanics when you can and find the way that breaks the particular mob setup they give you - and it's often by using Anemo, though not always.)

Well a few more hours to go.

haha the one domain where venti makes it faceroll. I haven't needed venti for any of the other ones (and i don't use him in any others). Idk who you have available but I don't recommend going with keqing and klee in same party. xing and bennett is good though. Make either klee or keqing the main dps and build them up. If you must get artifacts now and can't reliably farm them, do co-op. I couldn't stand co-op so I just waited to build up my talents and weapons (and this is what i recommend you do too) and then I did artifacts last.

Honestly, it's really amazing what just one well built dps can do for you in this game.

Okay, gotta say this time around 12-3 was a lot easier.
    With my nearly 5k ATK noelle I was killing the giant dudes with more than a minute to spare.

Geo really makes the difference against these guys.
    Too bad I don't have Albedo I'd love to give him Noelle's gear

Noelle isn't really dealing that much damage but it's so easy to just use her alongside xinqiu and fischl and get unlimited amounts of energy.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-02 at 10:46 AM.

lmao at all these people saying c1 on hu tao is op now...where were they a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    lmao at all these people saying c1 on hu tao is op now...where were they a month ago?
    dk, i've seen you do math about hu tao a lot. (surprised you wont roll for her)
    But is it true the best Sands for Hu Tao is a HP one?

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    dk, i've seen you do math about hu tao a lot. (surprised you wont roll for her)
    But is it true the best Sands for Hu Tao is a HP one?
    who said I won't roll for her? Think you're confusing me for someone else lol. I am 100% rolling for her. And yes, hp sands is better than atk.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    who said I won't roll for her? Think you're confusing me for someone else lol. I am 100% rolling for her. And yes, hp sands is better than atk.
    AHAH probably confusing you with Kray or something.

Xingqiu Albedo HuTao Noelle, sounds good?

I will keep Hu Tao at low HP a lot...Noelle passive will save her...Xingqiu also saves her a bit at low health.
    Only problem...is the down time of her E...no one in my team is a "beast" to replace her in combat

I will keep Hu Tao at low HP a lot...Noelle passive will save her...Xingqiu also saves her a bit at low health.
    Only problem...is the down time of her E...no one in my team is a "beast" to replace her in combat
    By the time you roll through all the skills, ults and 2x Xingqiu E (assuming you have Sacrificial Sword) on the other characters, her E will basically be up again. Maybe 2 seconds downtime. I think Albedo will be just enough for Hu Tao for all the off-field shields from his E. Go for a 2nd pyro instead, probably Xiangling will be the best for more damage and energy recharge for Tao.

That's my plan, anyway, though it's hard to tell without trying if just Hu Tao's ult regen, Albedo shields and XQ swords will be enough to keep her up. If not, then I guess it's Bennett instead of Xiangling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Yea, that is my issue with using Xing. I'm not some hardcore theorycrafter so I'll let the nerds do that for me, but right now I don't think using xing is worth it (cds won't align). Also I've been watching streams and as figured, she won't have burst up every e cycle. It looks to be about every other, but couldn't really tell. So it looks like bulk of her damage will be shifted to normal attacks or charged attacks if you have c1. c1 with charged attack will be higher ofc. Question is...will triggering vape every other e be worth it to have xing in group? or will it be better to have someone like chong who can use big nukes every cycle. I'm not sure which will net higher dps overall. I don't care to make my hu tao strong once in awhile and completely destroy my overall group dps.

It will be either pairing with xing and crimson as best. If you're using non vape comp and have zhong li, bolide set will be best. Not sure about alternatives since I do have zhong li so I didn't bother to look at alternatives Melt didn't seem very good from the streams I've watched.

Right now, the group I'm going to go with is hu tao, chong, zhong li, and albedo.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind guys, you are completely wasting hu tao's support aspect by having crappy off field characters to cover for her downtime, unless you plan to build them up too or something. I think chongyun or childe are superb characters to pair her with.
    Last edited by dk3790; 2021-03-02 at 01:03 PM.

I wonder how good Hu Tao + Xinqiu is when Hu Tao uses Dragon's Bane.

I wonder how good Hu Tao + Xinqiu is when Hu Tao uses Dragon's Bane.
    Im using lavawalker on Hu Tao even though im using a vap comp.....my OCD is flaring up...but i dont have any Witch set and is pretty hard to farm
    edit: OH Dragons Bane is Hydro or Pyro...thats better

Hmm maybe it might be better to ditch the geo resonance and go with xing instead of albedo.