Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Difficult to read (due to randomness of attack selection and similarities in telegraphing) and utter bullshit that breaks the design consistency of dodge that exists in every other situation coupled with bad hit box and inconsistent registrations are two different things
    I'd be all in for actual hard bosses like what you have in mind. I just don't really believe Mihoyo is capable of making fights like this. IMHO the only 'good' boss fight in the whole game is electro hypostasis - obviously it's as faceroll as all the others, but it's the only fight with consistent mechanics. Though I definitely hope the new boss turns out to be better than the ones we already have. I guess if it's at least a slight improvement, there will be some hope for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The current water boss actually has decent mechanics if you let him do them.
    So did the ice-flower boss.
    It's really just an HP thing most of the time.

I'm not sure if this Herald is actually a boss.
    I wouldn't be suprised if we see multiples of them in the future when we deal with Abyss raids/stuff

It lessened my rage, but it still makes me angry that there are attacks in the game that straight up cannot be dodged.
    That shouldn't be a suprise.
    You can't dodge water bubbles (both versions) either, unless the character has a unique dodge mechanic like Hu Tao.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-12 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The current water boss actually has decent mechanics if you let him do them.
    So did the ice-flower boss.
    It's really just an HP thing most of the time.

I'm not sure if this Herald is actually a boss.
    I wouldn't be suprised if we see multiples of them in the future when we deal with Abyss raids/stuff
    He is probaly a normal elite mob. And there will probaly be more versions of it.

Also you may notice the poision floor in dungeon. I have a felling that chazm will be poisionos.
    Last edited by Yunru; 2021-04-12 at 08:22 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

What happens with the story if you play with Lumine?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What happens with the story if you play with Lumine?
    Same thing, but other way araund.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

So I guess the Gods are massive dicks for destroying this one Kingdom 500 years ago? I guess the only sensible thing to do now is boycott playing Venti and Zhongli.

New questline is so retarded without the mc talking. They also should have played a cutscene explaining everything cause I don't remember seeing shit from before the unknown god attacking us.

I like how the statue is just chilling there at the end.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-04-13 at 12:37 AM.

So what I do not get is, Why would the sister/brother side with them?
    Were we from that country? Or is it just, he/she came to this world first, traveled all, found it was unjust to the people from that country that got destroyed 500 years ago, then joined the abyss side with his own volition? Did he want to dispense justice? What is the connection between our characters and that country?
    I could not understand that. Arent we totally unrelated to teyvat? He/she saw the gods unjust and set out to fix their bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So I guess the Gods are massive dicks for destroying this one Kingdom 500 years ago? I guess the only sensible thing to do now is boycott playing Venti and Zhongli.
    So, I DID boycott using Childe for some time, because he's evil and a giant pile of shit and his story quest was massively infuriating. Then I realized I need some kind of hydro dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, I DID boycott using Childe for some time, because he's evil and a giant pile of shit and his story quest was massively infuriating. Then I realized I need some kind of hydro dps.
    same here bro, I feel for you haha
    I'd rather level tartaglia that is a hybrid bow/melee than Xingqiu, as I have enough 1 handed character already, and I need one more pure dps than yet another support ^^

edit : so, mode super frustrated, but when you have still only amber as a real archer, how the f... do you kill the hydro birds on the oceanide boss ? I only have kaeya as a leveled cryo and outside of his burst, chungyun is being 40 and his E is about as usefull as amber under rain to burn wood shields >_<
    Last edited by Xeenith; 2021-04-13 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    same here bro, I feel for you haha
    I'd rather level tartaglia that is a hybrid bow/melee than Xingqiu, as I have enough 1 handed character already, and I need one more pure dps than yet another support ^^

edit : so, mode super frustrated, but when you have still only amber as a real archer, how the f... do you kill the hydro birds on the oceanide boss ? I only have kaeya as a leveled cryo and outside of his burst, chungyun is being 40 and his E is about as usefull as amber under rain to burn wood shields >_<
    Yeah those birds are dumb, a lot of the water creatures are. If you don't want to use a bow, some catalyst users like Ningguang can hit them. Personally I just use Razor's hold ability to hit them all. Works decently well for me, but he is my main.

We don't know the reasoning. We know all the "field tillers" were actually war machines. Maybe they were just as bad then as they are now (abyssified) and the gods put them in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    So what I do not get is, Why would the sister/brother side with them?
    Were we from that country? Or is it just, he/she came to this world first, traveled all, found it was unjust to the people from that country that got destroyed 500 years ago, then joined the abyss side with his own volition? Did he want to dispense justice? What is the connection between our characters and that country?
    I could not understand that. Arent we totally unrelated to teyvat? He/she saw the gods unjust and set out to fix their bullshit?
    I'm confused by all of this atm. The new quest sounded like we landed on the planet as meteor's and our sister woke up before us saw the war and gave us the vision then we tried to leave and got attacked by the unknown god. Also Dain makes it seem like the God's smote his country for no reason and yet they created weapons of war they gave codenames like "Field Tillers". Also Kaeya is apparently from Khaenri'ah and yet we learn all the humans turned to monsters. Not sure how that's possible unless Dainsleif is his dad.

Yeah those birds are dumb, a lot of the water creatures are. If you don't want to use a bow, some catalyst users like Ningguang can hit them. Personally I just use Razor's hold ability to hit them all. Works decently well for me, but he is my main.
    I am working on him at the moment to replace beidou,, he is 50 asc 3n his skills are only 4/2/2 yet, I only need about 45 stained mask and 15 blue book to get his next ascension + skills 5/5/5, but to get him 70, skills 6/6/6 and prepare the ascension toward 80 is going to take some time

here is all my chars, and as you see I miss all the real punchy char or I got a couple only lately so they are in leveling ^^

The way I saw it, they clearly meant Celestia as the gods there. They 'descended from heavens' to destroy it. Archons don't have to descend, they live in the world. We don't know what the relationship between Celestia and Archons is like, either (other than Tsaritsa planning to rebel against them, which in itself says a bit). We don't know why it was destroyed in the first place.

The gods are clearly presented as dicks in this quest, but this quest only gives us Dainsleif's perspective in some detail (and the other twin's limited moustache/curl twirling).
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'm confused by all of this atm. The new quest sounded like we landed on the planet as meteor's and our sister woke up before us saw the war and gave us the vision then we tried to leave and got attacked by the unknown god. Also Dain makes it seem like the God's smote his country for no reason and yet they created weapons of war they gave codenames like "Field Tillers". Also Kaeya is apparently from Khaenri'ah and yet we learn all the humans turned to monsters. Not sure how that's possible unless Dainsleif is his dad.
    How long do we plan to use spoilers btw.?

It's difficult to say whether Khaenri'ah is gone or if some people of that nation are still alive, struggling.
    Unless Kaeya is some kind of clone/monster recently created with the use of Khemia (which most likely brought the ire of the gods upon them or is at least related to that nations power and it's destruction) by these "monsters" and not actually human.
    Kaeya is only ~25 years old. Just like Diluc.
    I'm not sure if he lost his eye while fighting Dilucs father or something(? didn't read his comic), but Dain also has this weird apparation around his eye.
    Alternatively, they might actually change slowly, since it seems to be like a curse. Just like the Curse of Flesh in WoW, until everyone has changed. If Dains punishment is to see "his people suffer until they all turn" (something along those lines has been said, right?) it would make sense.

But Albedo uses Khemia too and it is hinted that he isn't actually human but created by someone using Khemia/Alchemy. So Kaeya might be another creation. He is supposed to be a sleeper agent for Khaenri'ah after all.
    Keep in mind that Albedo states that we too are similar to him. So we actually might be from Khaenri'ah too. Since the people of Khaenri'ah are basically portrayed as humans reaching godhood through the means of Khemia, it might be all connected.
    We lost our memories, maybe our Brother/Sister regained it.
    Maybe this is why we were hunted by the unknown god too. The unknown god, after fighting us, most likely destroyed that nation afterwards, maybe due to how we are connected to that nation. We might actually be artificial too.

Speaking of Albedo: the Dragonspine story and exploration hints at a nation that was also destroyed by the gods.

As for us knowing about that place (or being there?), I'm not sure either, because playing as the female Traveler makes that whole thing confusing as hell. I remember seeing the destruction in some trailer or story sequence, but I'm not sure if it was the player character or the brother/sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The way I saw it, they clearly meant Celestia as the gods there. They 'descended from heavens' to destroy it. Archons don't have to descend, they live in the world. We don't know what the relationship between Celestia and Archons is like, either (other than Tsaritsa planning to rebel against them, which in itself says a bit). We don't know why it was destroyed in the first place.

The gods are clearly presented as dicks in this quest, but this quest only gives us Dainsleif's perspective in some detail (and the other twin's limited moustache/curl twirling).
    Yes, the gods aren't archons. The current Archons are those that won the "Archon war" for the 7 thrones that "opened up" in Celestia.
    Basically, the gods on Celestia, that brought ruin to the region in Dragonspine and Khaenri'ah, entertained themselves with a huge ass battle-royal. Archons are god like beings, but even they seem to pale in front of whoever reigns there.
    It's probably similar to the predecessor of Jean (not the guy who is currently away but the one who participating in freeing Mondstadt), who apparently reached "god-hood" and went to Celestia after she died. Dain however said that she is merely "hovering" right below it, implying she didn't actually reach it and is still considered beneath them.

If I remember correctly. Wasn't the "Tyrant" of Mondstadt the former Anemo Archon ~2000+++ years ago? Venti was once a mere/lower wind spirit and his body is just some vessel he decided to take form in - the nameless bard it met from back then.

It's kinda sad that these stories aren't told in detail enough during actual gameplay but are mostly handled by character stories and books.
    They should do more stuff like they did with Zhongli's or Albedo Story/Event-mission - but maybe more will be revelead during Inazuma.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-13 at 09:30 AM.

So if Dainsleif will ever become a playable character will they add void as new element?

Edit: i started using childe, can't tell if people say he's bad because he really is or it's just that he's quite complicated to play with all the "stance dance" stuff and having to use aimed to debuff mobs, burst is quite strong so i was thinking of a 2x hearth of depth + 2x noblesse, i have r0 rust and r0 amos and i'm not sure which one is better, does rust effect work in melee stance too?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2021-04-13 at 03:49 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    How long do we plan to use spoilers btw.?

It's kinda sad that these stories aren't told in detail enough during actual gameplay but are mostly handled by character stories and books.
    They should do more stuff like they did with Zhongli's or Albedo Story/Event-mission - but maybe more will be revelead during Inazuma.
    Not sure. Was just using them since everyone else was. And yeah they really should add more of the story detail in the actual game. It's especially annoying when you got a MC who doesn't talk 99% of the time and then you get half the shit from Paimon. For Christ's sake they have English Aether constantly promoting the game and in promo stuff and yet they gave the dude like 10 whole sentences in the actual game.... It would make everything less confusing having him explain what he's saw or what ever than having Paimon constantly saying "Oh so you saw ......." Oh and not only that but it would have made this last storyline much more emotional had we actually heard him instead of giving us two text options that are basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33;
    It's difficult to say whether Khaenri'ah is gone or if some people of that nation are still alive, struggling.
    Unless Kaeya is some kind of clone/monster recently created with the use of Khemia (which most likely brought the ire of the gods upon them or is at least related to that nations power and it's destruction) by these "monsters" and not actually human.
    Kaeya is only ~25 years old. Just like Diluc.
    I'm not sure if he lost his eye while fighting Dilucs father or something(? didn't read his comic), but Dain also has this weird apparation around his eye.
    Alternatively, they might actually change slowly, since it seems to be like a curse. Just like the Curse of Flesh in WoW, until everyone has changed. If Dains punishment is to see "his people suffer until they all turn" (something along those lines has been said, right?) it would make sense.

But Albedo uses Khemia too and it is hinted that he isn't actually human but created by someone using Khemia/Alchemy. So Kaeya might be another creation. He is supposed to be a sleeper agent for Khaenri'ah after all.
    Keep in mind that Albedo states that we too are similar to him. So we actually might be from Khaenri'ah too. Since the people of Khaenri'ah are basically portrayed as humans reaching godhood through the means of Khemia, it might be all connected.
    We lost our memories, maybe our Brother/Sister regained it.
    Maybe this is why we were hunted by the unknown god too. The unknown god, after fighting us, most likely destroyed that nation afterwards, maybe due to how we are connected to that nation. We might actually be artificial too.

Speaking of Albedo: the Dragonspine story and exploration hints at a nation that was also destroyed by the gods.

As for us knowing about that place (or being there?), I'm not sure either, because playing as the female Traveler makes that whole thing confusing as hell. I remember seeing the destruction in some trailer or story sequence, but I'm not sure if it was the player character or the brother/sister.

From what I can tell of the story it still seems like we are basically gods that travel the universe and still want to leave the planet. So I don't think we could be from Khaenri'ah. Yeah if they change slowly that might work on Kaeya being human. If that's the case then we should eventually get a quest to save him from mutating. That would be kinda cool.

Kaeya didn't ever fight his adopted dad. He wasn't with him and Diluc when they got attacked. Their dad killed the monster with a Delusion and I think Diluc had to kill him but I'm not sure. Kaeya regretted not being there and was torn between which dad he should actually follow. Eventually he told the truth to Diluc and they fought for a second and Kaeya gained his vision for being honest to his brother or something.

I think the Spiral Abyss/Abyss is Khaenri'ah cause both are said to be underground. They also said an alchemist destroyed it but now they are saying the gods did so I'm wondering if its not like the gnomes in Wow and the gods attacked and Gold? I think tried to nuke em with Abyss power or something and mutated the humans.

Does Aether talk in the cutscenes then if you are the female traveler? Yeah the whole thing is confusing. I'm pretty sure we fought the Unknown God first then saw the vision later but the new quest made it sound like we saw the destruction first and was like "lets get the fuck out of here!" and the Unknown God stopped us.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Edit: i started using childe, can't tell if people say he's bad because he really is or it's just that he's quite complicated to play with all the "stance dance" stuff and having to use aimed to debuff mobs, burst is quite strong so i was thinking of a 2x hearth of depth + 2x noblesse, i have r0 rust and r0 amos and i'm not sure which one is better, does rust effect work in melee stance too?
    Childe is strong when he's in melee stance, and his ult is a solid nuke. People don't like his down-time in bow form.

As for rust or amos, I'd honestly say rust. Amos's stacking buff doesn't work in dagger time. Just the innate "normal attacks do mo' dmg" part. Amos is top tier for ganyu, however :>

Got the new pet Endora. It says Endora might get along with the dawnlight seelie. Wonder if that means they do a neat interaction when two players bring them together.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?