Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    my main squad right now is Fishl, Xiangling and Barbara, not really sure who to use for the last spot.
    I use Beidou because I like her aesthetic, her block move and the GS for easy mining.

If I didn't have Beidou I'd use Noelle for the mining, but I like having an Anemo character in my group because of it interacting with everything.

With that said, if you really don't care about your 4th, I'd stick Amber in there since you get a passive flat +25% Damage or ATK (can't remember which) increase for having two Pyro characters and she is really handy for some puzzles.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    you may have had that anemo one from the AR level up rewards, they give a few

anyway we need 6 of those, both elements, and I had like 2 anemo from story and 2 from the shop, and 4 geo from the shop
    Yeah your right I think it musta been a lvl up reward or something cause I just checked and they do say they are specifically for X constellation.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The first two weeks they already got back their development budget of $100million in terms of revenue. I think they will be doing fine. They baited enough whales to pay for millions of free to play players.
    The development budget isn't the problem. The problem is the marketing; that's what takes up far and away the most money, spending millions and millions on trying to get the word out there through advertising.

Mario Kart Tour broke headlines in the press for the sheer amount of revenue it was generating, and everyone thought "well they jacked up the P2W monetization of this game, surely it must be doing well, right?" but in reality it was a net drain for Nintendo, with it not being able to make enough money to offset the marketing costs.

I haven't seen many ads for Genshin Impact in the West (then again, I rarely get targetted by anime or gacha game ads unless), so IDK how much of the West makes up their advertising. I'd imagine that their advertising budget in China would be huge, and possibly in South Korea and Japan.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So I've been trying this game for a while, up to rank 16 atm, and my main question is, does the game ever get harder? Not once has my HP come close to 0.
    try fighting that giant icy murder flower in the north east or one of the kill cubes in those marble circle thingy (not in the thousand winds colliseum though, just temple-ish circles)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The first two weeks they already got back their development budget of $100million in terms of revenue. I think they will be doing fine. They baited enough whales to pay for millions of free to play players.
    also the dev is mihoyo, that popular female dev in around Hong Kong/Japan
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a lot of characters, but I like my team of Xiangling, Fiscl, Noelle, and Barbara. Main issue is doing quests that lead into dungeon areas, and having to swap out because geo is useless (but Noelle is awesome) and they never need water. Almost adventure level 20, have a lot more exploring to do. Character-wise, I really enjoy Xiangling, especially after doing her questline. Barbara also has a nice voice, that slightly scratchy sound you'd hear from a voice actor like Morgan Berry (though I'm certain it's not her), or Andrea Libman as Rainbow Dash.

Was the 7 day login rewards a one time thing? Thought it was was a weekly thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm AR 27 and I just learned you could level up your character's abilities.

AMA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm AR 27 and I just learned you could level up your character's abilities.

AMA.
    Welcome to the new grind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Welcome to the new grind!
    I'm assuming it was mentioned somewhere and I just clicked through the text...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't have a lot of characters, but I like my team of Xiangling, Fiscl, Noelle, and Barbara. Main issue is doing quests that lead into dungeon areas, and having to swap out because geo is useless (but Noelle is awesome) and they never need water. Almost adventure level 20, have a lot more exploring to do. Character-wise, I really enjoy Xiangling, especially after doing her questline. Barbara also has a nice voice, that slightly scratchy sound you'd hear from a voice actor like Morgan Berry (though I'm certain it's not her), or Andrea Libman as Rainbow Dash.
    ...You have the english voice actors on?

Oh. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm assuming it was mentioned somewhere and I just clicked through the text...
    I actually don't think that it was mentioned? I only noticed it when browsing the menus and saw the mention of ability levels on the constellations.

you can only do it once at AR 25, and once or twice more at AR30

if you looked the left pannel there was mentionned on the bottom that you could level the skill at ascension 2 (lvl 40-50)
    but yeah, every other thing but the constellation and the skill level up are explained by the game. and those 2 things, you discover the constellation at the first double of a character, or when the story give you the first anemo vial for the MC.
    as for skill up, pretty obscure if you didn't search the menu for yourself, strange ^^

Am I blind or is the daily login reward no longer there?

15+ Year Old Account
    I cleared floor 6 with 8/9, but man its getting rough

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Am I blind or is the daily login reward no longer there?
    No longer there for me or my wife. Seems like it was a limited time event maybe? We're both pissed because today would have been our free 200 gems day.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    No longer there for me or my wife. Seems like it was a limited time event maybe? We're both pissed because today would have been our free 200 gems day.
    Would've thought it'd be a standard thing, like many other F2P games... :|

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are there any games like Genshin that arent gacha? Like a single-player story rpg?
    Immortals Fenix Rising in a couple months, and BotW are the only ones I can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I did find one area in game a problem. You wont be able to get chests as there is a 3 times water totem on short timer in one of the areas and if a player doesnt have a Barbara later in game or never got a water character, its not possible to complete (well unless if it maybe rains in area.. no idea).

There is also a area with 2x wind totems and earth push button on short timer. (wich is also impossible as your mc needs to be earth for it and you need secondary wind character.

Anyone figure out how to do the BP mission that says to complete a transmutation at your own world level? So far, it hasn't completed on its own and I am nearly done with every other part of the event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    There is also a area with 2x wind totems and earth push button on short timer. (wich is also impossible as your mc needs to be earth for it and you need secondary wind character.
    You can't use Noelle shield to hit the earth one and MC for the wind ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Anyone figure out how to do the BP mission that says to complete a transmutation at your own world level? So far, it hasn't completed on its own and I am nearly done with every other part of the event.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't use Noelle shield to hit the earth one and MC for the wind ones?
    No you have to stand still on it for push one to work.