Thread: Genshin Impact

Page 38 of 131 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
39
40
48
88
... LastLast
  1. #741
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    you get stuck at 25 if you don't do the quest, but it's just a quick dungeon like the previous ones you did in the story
    I'm not worried about the quest itself, but having to level up my characters to match the World Level increase.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I'm not worried about the quest itself, but having to level up my characters to match the World Level increase.
    You should be way ahead at all times. Most of it comes from gear.

  3. #743
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The only problem with that is you are stuck to using just the free characters or whatever characters you may get lucky to grab from the few gatcha rolls you can earn in game. If it were a regular RPG you would be able to play and fully upgrade all the characters and play the ones you actually enjoy, not just the ones you happen to have.
    Honestly though, the chances of maxing anyone from the gacha is pretty low right now. Even lower if you have a 5 star you are wanting to max. I do think they need to rethink how they do upgrades for characters and their constellations.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  4. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You should be way ahead at all times. Most of it comes from gear.
    yes at AR 25 you unlock the option to ascend characters to level 50 cap

  5. #745
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    currently AR19; I hope I don't miss it I'm a bit busy studying for exams week to play

    - - - Updated - - -





    custom models for Warcraft 3?
    I am sure i seen some of them in steam modding thing. Not orks tho. Usualy a most popular thing gets models.


    Lol:
    Last edited by Yunru; 2020-10-15 at 07:22 AM.

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You should be way ahead at all times. Most of it comes from gear.
    I don't mind leveling characters and weapons so much, but sorting through artifacts is a goddamn chore.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

  7. #747
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    It’s a 7-second quest that teaches you how to use the alchemy table. That and ar20 are the only prerequisites, it’s in the event description.
    Reading skills -1 well did it until i finished the resin, not a bad thing to do, rewards are good and not utterly complicated.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  8. #748
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I don't mind leveling characters and weapons so much, but sorting through artifacts is a goddamn chore.
    Eh that is not a issue, problem is there is no way to lock them to be save from using them.

    Also the main character upgrade skill path is a bit pain in ass.
    Freedom and then into resistance books. 9x guide to resistance....

  9. #749
    Fluffy Kitten Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    18,897
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I don't mind leveling characters and weapons so much, but sorting through artifacts is a goddamn chore.
    God yes. i'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because the majority of mine are the two generic ones you get early on. BUt the main thing is, I don't know what's what. The different slots make zero sense to me. Is this feather thing it's own slot? What are the other four slots? A glass, a..compass? Hell if I know. Maybe it would be easier to sort if it was actual pieces of gear. Gauntlets, belt, headpiece, etc.

  10. #750
    Pandaren Monk Throren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,942

  11. #751
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You are just saying that because you haven't seen Klee!
    You are correct. I have not. Is she animated in a different engine or graphics style? A single good character doesn't redeem an entire game of mediocrity.

    EDIT: Looked it up on youtube. It's a little girl that throws bombs in a high-pitched voice. Yeah...not impressed.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-10-15 at 08:45 AM.

  12. #752
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Eh that is not a issue, problem is there is no way to lock them to be save from using them.
    I have the opposite problem, but yeah. I basically avoid using items of the same rarity as fuel, unless I can burn the whole type (i.e. I don't need any berserk items, so it's safe to use them, etc).

  13. #753
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Reading skills -1 well did it until i finished the resin, not a bad thing to do, rewards are good and not utterly complicated.
    you don't need the resin to do the event rewards. Only use resin if you are for some unknown reason hard stuck with the lack of character exp materials.

  14. #754
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    you don't need the resin to do the event rewards. Only use resin if you are for some unknown reason hard stuck with the lack of character exp materials.
    Yeah, but since it's right now optimal to use resin on this and stack xp mats, i'm just spending it all here.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  15. #755
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    God yes. i'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because the majority of mine are the two generic ones you get early on. BUt the main thing is, I don't know what's what. The different slots make zero sense to me. Is this feather thing it's own slot? What are the other four slots? A glass, a..compass? Hell if I know. Maybe it would be easier to sort if it was actual pieces of gear. Gauntlets, belt, headpiece, etc.
    I found a guide on Reddit that's helped a little, but yeah, I wish there were more ways of sorting them.

    In particular, I wish we could sort by stats. As I understand it, ATK tends to be the most important stat for artifacts, and it's fricken' annoying having to click through all of them to find the ones with the best rolls.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

  16. #756
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,011
    New promo codes:
    Codes For Each Server
    Asia: GENSHINMHY0I
    Americas: GENSHINMHY0M
    EU: GENSHINMHY0O

  17. #757
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You are correct. I have not. Is she animated in a different engine or graphics style? A single good character doesn't redeem an entire game of mediocrity.

    EDIT: Looked it up on youtube. It's a little girl that throws bombs in a high-pitched voice. Yeah...not impressed.
    Well, I don't know what you dislike when you say "animation style".
    Because the animations are actually extremely well done. Just take a look at Mona's auto attack chain for example.

    Very fluid, very versatile - heck, if you interrupt your autoattack chain characters even turn back into their idle stance in a completely different way. Fischl flicks her hair after turning back from AutoAttack 2, does an ojo-sama laugh after turning back to idle from AutoAttack3 etc. etc.
    The idle animations are also very fluid. Barbara dance, Barbara talking about her older Sister, Fischl doing her Chunibyo move, Ninguang playing with her earth orbs or her smoking pipe and so on and so forth.
    It's way beyond stuff like Code Vein for example. If it's the graphic style you don't like, then there is that. But it's actually looking pretty solid in that regard too, although the ... what's it called again... the high fidelity range(? detailed objects at a distance) is pretty low due to it having to work on phones... but then again, there are rumors about enhanced graphic options for the PC client coming soon (not sure if it's already confirmed)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-15 at 09:46 AM.

  18. #758
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Well, I don't know what you dislike when you say "animation style".
    Because the animations are actually extremely well done. Just take a look at Mona's auto attack chain for example.

    Very fluid, very versatile - heck, if you interrupt your autoattack chain characters even turn back into their idle stance in a completely different way.
    The idle animations are also very fluid.

    It's way beyond stuff like Code Vein for example. If it's the graphic style you don't like, then there is that. But it's actually looking pretty solid in that regard too, although the ... what's it called again... the high fidelity range(? detailed objects at a distance) is pretty low due to it having to work on phones... but then again, there are rumors about enhanced graphic options for the PC client coming soon.
    It's not the skeletons or actual animating of the movements. It's the art style. I should have been more clear about that instead of using more general terms.

  19. #759
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's not the skeletons or actual animating of the movements. It's the art style. I should have been more clear about that instead of using more general terms.
    Ah I see.

    I was really wondering about what you meant because the game has quite literally the exact same animations as Nier for claymores, as an example. (Probably stolen, since the game is from China - heh.) Or at the very least, extremely similar animations to Nier in general.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-15 at 09:58 AM.

  20. #760
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Ah I see.

    I was really wondering about what you meant because the game has quite literally the exact same animations as Nier for claymores, as an example. (Probably stolen, since the game is from China - heh.) Or at the very least, extremely similar animations to Nier in general.
    The animations are all done from scratch using motion capture, eg:
    https://www.taptap.com/video/1247586

    It's quite likely they took some inspiration from Nier, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •