Thread: Genshin Impact

15+ Year Old Account
    Abyss 11 was a joke with jean

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I'm really struggling to come up with two cohesive teams, and I think it's because I invested in too many random 5 stars that I'm trying to use. I have Venti, Zhongli, Mona C1, Diluc, Raiden C2, and Ayaka. Right now I'm using Yanfei with Mona, Venti, and Raiden (I haven't leveled Diluc yet); and Ayaka with Xinqiao, Zhongli, and Diona.

I was thinking Tartaglia would be good with Raiden, but maybe I should work on replacing Yanfei with Hu Tao instead of Diluc? Raiden messes up my Vaporizes more often than not it seems like, as I have it. Thoughts? Or maybe I should just wait until March and go for Yae, I don't know.
    Tartaglia/Raiden could be good if you manage to not have both Childe's E on CD and Raiden's Q not ready, both of them can't stay on the field for too long without losing a lot of dps
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I'm really struggling to come up with two cohesive teams, and I think it's because I invested in too many random 5 stars that I'm trying to use. I have Venti, Zhongli, Mona C1, Diluc, Raiden C2, and Ayaka. Right now I'm using Yanfei with Mona, Venti, and Raiden (I haven't leveled Diluc yet); and Ayaka with Xinqiao, Zhongli, and Diona.

I was thinking Tartaglia would be good with Raiden, but maybe I should work on replacing Yanfei with Hu Tao instead of Diluc? Raiden messes up my Vaporizes more often than not it seems like, as I have it. Thoughts? Or maybe I should just wait until March and go for Yae, I don't know.
    I wouldn't go for anything, I'd beef up my 4stars if I were you. There are 3 4stars that are without a doubt better burst supports/off-field carries than 95% of the 5stars, and you could make a case for 2-3 more that are a better fit for whatever teams you're trying to build.
    It kinda sucks but it doesn't take a lot to bring 4stars up to speed as most of them only require you to level their Q (sometimes E as well, but not super important)

Assuming you have Xingqiu and Diona built as well, it could be worth running a freeze team for Ayaka similar to Morgana only Ayaka instead of Ganyu: Ayaka, Mona, Diona, Venti. Very strong Qs that Venti can help battery and shred cryo resist with VV set (plus he does a ton of damage since the EM buff just with his swirls anyway)
    Make sure you always swirl cryo and try to freeze Mona's omen buff, although it's such a strong comp that it shouldn't really be necessary.

2nd team would be Xingqiu/Zhongli/Raiden and either Yanfei or Diluc, whoever you like more. I'd probably lean towards Yanfei since the overload explosions will make Diluc's life somewhat miserable and Yanfei has an 80-cost Q as well. It's not an ideal team but the Xingqiu/Raiden/Zhongli base should be enough to carry anyway. Xiangling+Bennett would be a better fit instead of Zhongli+X, but you work with what you have.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Tartaglia/Raiden could be good if you manage to not have both Childe's E on CD and Raiden's Q not ready, both of them can't stay on the field for too long without losing a lot of dps
    Yeah, that's what I was worried about - I used them together in the tournament event not too long ago, but obviously they were only on the field for a short time for that, and then I swapped to the next team when their CDs were used. Maybe not a great idea then.

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    I wouldn't go for anything, I'd beef up my 4stars if I were you. There are 3 4stars that are without a doubt better burst supports/off-field carries than 95% of the 5stars, and you could make a case for 2-3 more that are a better fit for whatever teams you're trying to build.
    It kinda sucks but it doesn't take a lot to bring 4stars up to speed as most of them only require you to level their Q (sometimes E as well, but not super important)

Assuming you have Xingqiu and Diona built as well, it could be worth running a freeze team for Ayaka similar to Morgana only Ayaka instead of Ganyu: Ayaka, Mona, Diona, Venti. Very strong Qs that Venti can help battery and shred cryo resist with VV set (plus he does a ton of damage since the EM buff just with his swirls anyway)
    Make sure you always swirl cryo and try to freeze Mona's omen buff, although it's such a strong comp that it shouldn't really be necessary.

2nd team would be Xingqiu/Zhongli/Raiden and either Yanfei or Diluc, whoever you like more. I'd probably lean towards Yanfei since the overload explosions will make Diluc's life somewhat miserable and Yanfei has an 80-cost Q as well. It's not an ideal team but the Xingqiu/Raiden/Zhongli base should be enough to carry anyway. Xiangling+Bennett would be a better fit instead of Zhongli+X, but you work with what you have.
    This helps a lot actually; I have a C6 Xiangling that I wasn't really thinking about, so maybe I'll try to get her and Bennett into the mix.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about - I used them together in the tournament event not too long ago, but obviously they were only on the field for a short time for that, and then I swapped to the next team when their CDs were used. Maybe not a great idea then.

This helps a lot actually; I have a C6 Xiangling that I wasn't really thinking about, so maybe I'll try to get her and Bennett into the mix.
    XL/XQ/Bennett/Raiden is one of the strongest teams right now so I'd definitely run that.
    XL and Raiden work together perfectly, as XL doesn't need a lot of field time (great for Raiden as she needs ~10 sec for her E, Q animation+burst) but does a lot of damage + also has an 80-cost Q that needs battery(batteries).
    XQ is very similar in that regard and running Raiden with him could also allow him to drop sac sword if you have a 5star weapon levelled, although his E is also a big part of his damage, so dropping the double E also makes him lose out on a bit.
    Bennett is just insane, his Q will snapshot XL's Q, he'll provide energy for her (Raiden alone isn't enough for XL usually) and will boost Raiden's Q burst as well. He also does the most damage standing inside his Q when Raiden's Q isn't up and you're waiting for cooldowns.

The only real downside of this team is that it uses 3-4 premium supports so you'll be forced to run something sort of unconventional as a 2nd abyss team. Morgana, superconduct teams, geo teams usually work well in that slot, taser teams not so much without XQ, and vaporize teams also want him for strong hydro application.
    Ayaka/Mona/Diona/Venti would be perfect IMO.

Kinda sad that Diluc/Hu Tao/whatever other 5star carries are sitting on the bench, but they all want XQ and Bennett+XL are still better than most of them (maybe except C1+ Hu Tao). More importantly they just work muuuch better with Raiden (or rather she works better with them)

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Abyss 11 was a joke with jean
    You could say that f11 was a joke in JEANeral. Ok but dad jokes aside, it was barely an issue. A Barbara/Qiqi with random artifacts is enough to keep your team alive, and the dps check is nonexistant. Honestly I think most people blew it out of proportion.
    In fact, I'll take it one step further and say that even f12 was easier than last rotation. At least I know it was for me, I had like 1/4 of the tries to 9* compared of the first time I tried last rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    XL/XQ/Bennett/Raiden is one of the strongest teams right now so I'd definitely run that.
    XL and Raiden work together perfectly, as XL doesn't need a lot of field time (great for Raiden as she needs ~10 sec for her E, Q animation+burst) but does a lot of damage + also has an 80-cost Q that needs battery(batteries).
    XQ is very similar in that regard and running Raiden with him could also allow him to drop sac sword if you have a 5star weapon levelled, although his E is also a big part of his damage, so dropping the double E also makes him lose out on a bit.
    Bennett is just insane, his Q will snapshot XL's Q, he'll provide energy for her (Raiden alone isn't enough for XL usually) and will boost Raiden's Q burst as well. He also does the most damage standing inside his Q when Raiden's Q isn't up and you're waiting for cooldowns.

The only real downside of this team is that it uses 3-4 premium supports so you'll be forced to run something sort of unconventional as a 2nd abyss team. Morgana, superconduct teams, geo teams usually work well in that slot, taser teams not so much without XQ, and vaporize teams also want him for strong hydro application.
    Ayaka/Mona/Diona/Venti would be perfect IMO.

Kinda sad that Diluc/Hu Tao/whatever other 5star carries are sitting on the bench, but they all want XQ and Bennett+XL are still better than most of them (maybe except C1+ Hu Tao). More importantly they just work muuuch better with Raiden (or rather she works better with them)
    I'm still waiting for a good off-field hydro applicator so I can open up a bit my team comps. I love my Kaeya freezecomp but if I remove Xq it becomes so bad with other hydro users is sad. I most likely will roll for a Childe rerun just to have another good hydro character.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Geo doesn't remove elements so reactions work.
    Pretty sure that this is wrong, since there whole thread about geo "eating" elements from target to make Crystallize.

No elements on target -> geo crystallize stone.

"Electro" on target -> geo hit consumes it to produce Electro crystallize stone, pick it up to gain purple shield.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Pretty sure that this is wrong, since there whole thread about geo "eating" elements from target to make Crystallize.

"Electro" on target -> geo hit consumes it to produce Electro crystallize stone, pick it up to gain purple shield.
    Geo does consume reactions but you need to look up "Elemental Gauges" to fully understand the interactions. At the very basic level certain skills fill a certain amount of Elemental Gauge and reactions consume a certain amount of said Gauge. So 1 Crystallize reaction won't completely consume all of the Gauge and you could still Vape or whatever you wanted to trigger after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fake Kokomi damage:

You can see she gets buffed and mob gets a reduction on defense. But this is also a bonus weekly boss hunt and its probaly with increased damage to x. There is no other way for Kokomi to hit that hard lol.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

So the saying that geo doesn't remove elements isn't entirely accurate. There's a whole elemental gauge system. I've been losing a ton of damage for my hu tao because I didn't realize I wasn't utilizing the reactions correctly. Zhongli + albedo e procs and then hu tao's initial normal attack hit will remove hydro and then her charged attack won't vape. Sometimes it seems to but not always, and it's just a timing thing with the geo characters procs.

Apparently, zhongli/albedo/hu tao/xingqiu comp is very strong though so I suppose I'll just have to play around not using albedo's flower or something...idk.

- - - Updated - - -

What's stronger?

zhongli/hutao/xq/fischl (or beidou)

or

zhongli/hutao/xq/albedo

Without albedo, I'm missing on a good amount of EM and the geo resonance, so my each of my hits on hu tao does a lot less damage but...albedo himself basically does nothing so potentially fischl/beidou would be a net gain in team damage? Idk.

Or even an alternative. Instead of fischl, use a cryo off-field like kaeya or rosaria for melt or vaporize procs? Which would be best.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-09-23 at 01:15 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    So the saying that geo doesn't remove elements isn't entirely accurate. There's a whole elemental gauge system. I've been losing a ton of damage for my hu tao because I didn't realize I wasn't utilizing the reactions correctly. Zhongli + albedo e procs and then hu tao's initial normal attack hit will remove hydro and then her charged attack won't vape. Sometimes it seems to but not always, and it's just a timing thing with the geo characters procs.

Apparently, zhongli/albedo/hu tao/xingqiu comp is very strong though so I suppose I'll just have to play around not using albedo's flower or something...idk.

- - - Updated - - -

What's stronger?

zhongli/hutao/xq/fischl (or beidou)

or

zhongli/hutao/xq/albedo

Without albedo, I'm missing on a good amount of EM and the geo resonance, so my each of my hits on hu tao does a lot less damage but...albedo himself basically does nothing so potentially fischl/beidou would be a net gain in team damage? Idk.

Or even an alternative. Instead of fischl, use a cryo off-field like kaeya or rosaria for melt or vaporize procs? Which would be best.
    Yeah, even if Zhongli eats hydro from target .... XQ got you covered on that since XQ so godlike and OP that his Q blades applies "Hydro" independent and fast for each blade + there hydro from E swords, 5 blades + 1 E swords -1 that Zhongli eaten up ...so just don't even think replacing godly book boy. For cryo better use Rosaria , Kaeya is good but has ICD problems , as bonus part Rosaria crit share passive very very good.

Still found it funny that developers didn't put InnerCoolDown of elements application into Skill Info. like "Go and find out about it and more other things in Keking mains thread". Me who plays mostly claymores : Dilluc,Eula,Beidou; was very surprised at "use XLXQ and Benny" like damn i love tall grown models, little i knew that XL has no ICD in Pyronado so god and anime on her side.

Gouba GOD goes BRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Edit:
    Sad that Ayaka has more capability to cross water surfaces than mermaid girl.
    If only they would swap -100% crit chance cursed passive for ability to walk on water, and press JUMP to swim or press JUMP again to walk over water again. like in this glitched video:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp..._active_burst/
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-09-23 at 04:37 AM.
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Geo does consume reactions but you need to look up "Elemental Gauges" to fully understand the interactions. At the very basic level certain skills fill a certain amount of Elemental Gauge and reactions consume a certain amount of said Gauge. So 1 Crystallize reaction won't completely consume all of the Gauge and you could still Vape or whatever you wanted to trigger after.
    This.

It's been quite a while since I tested it, but I remember that the 3rd crystal will consume the element fully. Either that or by the time the third one can be made the element lost it's gauge naturally.
    That's plenty of time for reactions to still work. Especially EC.
    I still have to test how that works in terms of what crystal is going to be made.
    Because EC makes it so that the enemy that triggers it has both hydro and electro on it I believe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kokomi problem in nutshell separated people on two groups "meta slaves" and "Waifu lovers on copium", somehow i found it enjoyable to read these takes on it:https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...ng=EN#comments

Guy on copium:
    So let’s look at what we’ve got here. Out of the box she’s an A+ healer and has very good hydro application. Pair this up with a decent cryo applicator (such as Ayaka) and you have a comp that can not only keep HP topped off, but can keep enemies in place. But that’s not the end of it. Equip ToM and now you have even more HP (which leads to more effective healing) and the ability to buff ATK every time her jellyfish hits. The skill has good AoE, so keeping the buff up should be easy. The jelly lasts 12 seconds and the buff lasts 3s refreshing every time the jelly hits, so that’s 15 secs of buffed attack that can be buffed even further by TToDS, which buffs for 48% at R5. Getting R5 on that would be pretty easy, seeing that TToDS is a 3 star weapon. You can take all of this even further with Bennett burst/Sara skill or Zhongli shield (if you have him). If you know what you’re doing, your cryo applicator is running Blizzard Strayer 4pc (or their ideal set depending on who it is), and Bennett/Sara is running 4pc noblesse, which again, buffs ATK even more. Let’s also not forget that Kokomi has Hydro DMG up on her 2ndary stat, and that popping her burst will increase the dmg and healing dished out by her autos and skill based on HP, of which you have plenty thanks to ToM and TToDS. We haven’t even started discussing food, potions, and abyss buffs yet.

So my question to you all is: You want Kokomi to deal amazing damage on top of all of this? Are you trying to move mountains and melt steel? If she could crit on top of everything I just mentioned, she would be the must pull to end all must pulls. She wouldn’t just be a swiss army knife, she’d be the army itself. You all would be complaining about MiHoYo’s shameless greed because they decided to release the most absurdly broken character ever right after Raiden Shogun, their highest grossing banner since the game’s release. Not all units are meant to be main DPS, this shouldn’t be a hard concept to grasp. And no, supports don’t have to be as obviously broken as Xing/Bennett/Beidou to be good.
    And answer to him by sane Meta guy:
    Then they should not have designed her to do DPS. Everyone is angry she can’t crit beause it means her burst is a waste of space. Her jellyfish has 100% uptime, so you will never need her burst to heal and without crit rate it is a net damage loss. People are pissed she can’t crit because it means you just throw her normal attacks and her burst in the bin. Turn her into better Barbara with a pure HP build. There is no point bothering with healing bonus as you will never get the dmg bonus because you will never use her burst except to reset her skill and the drop rate on those things is about as terrible as EM artifacts so good luck getting one that’s on set. Her 5-star weapon is a waste of space even for her because she is better off using a 3-star weapon and making her into a super atk buff unit with 4-piece Millelith. She is bad value for money with a kit that is full of badly thought out experimentation.

People like you who yell “NoT EVeryOne NEEds to Be DpS!!!1!!1” are very irritating because you completely miss the point and then make a series of strawman arguements to make out like your point is valid. The fact that Kokomi cannot crit is a problem because miHoYo stupidly insisted on making her a selfish DPS for the duration of her burst. Not being able to crit is only bad because of this. Without crit rate, this ability is simply a net DMG loss in Abyss and Abyss is just a timed DPS check. Abyss is the only content in the game where character builds acutally matter. Otherwise you can do whatever the hell you want with her and arguements over crit rate are just whinging at that point. But for Abyss, honestly, you want to throw large portions of her kit in the bin and that is just bad game design. Also, that DMG bonus she gets from healing bonus is so low that it is not even worth trading crit rate for (especially if you don’t have a healing bonus circlet. Remember the drop rates? And everyone trashed them before so no one has a spare lying around).

You are right that she would be much too overpowered if she could crit, which goes to show how badly her kit is designed. The only way they could make her balanced was to say “Hey, why don’t we throw bits of the kit we spent ages designing in the bin with a no crit passive? Everyone always complains about getting a good ratio anyway, so I am sure the playerbase will be very relieved and not remotely baffled. Then her burst is just a cute gimick and not a problem for balance!” Everyone in that meeting apparently thought that was a great idea.

The problem is miHoYo, like with Raiden, couldn’t pick one. They couldn’t decided on a good healer or a good DPS unit, so they tried to do both and it ended poorly. Sure she is good thanks to her jellyfish’s hydro application but that does not mean she is well designed. They keep trying to avoid Bennett, Ganyu and Venti part 2 but keep scuffing parts of a character’s kit in the process. Yoimiya isn’t good at anything. Sara’s buff makes no sense because it’s good for selfish hypercarries in design but has a duration that is too short for any of them. Raiden is just a glorified DPS unit that is forced to play second fiddle to everyone else because miHoYo tried to force her to be support but her energy generation is actually useless for 99% of teams in the game because it turns out that no one needed 20 energy (except Beidou, whom she doesn’t work with). And now we have Kokomi. That’s 4 units in a row that make you look at them and good “what the hell?” Thankfully that will end with Thoma as his kit is not a nightmare in experimentation gone wrong.

Kokomi is fine but she could have been good. THAT is everyone’s problem. Not greed.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-09-23 at 07:00 AM.

Lots of words for something as simple as "She requires too much field time for a no-dps/mediocre-dps character"

The supposedly "sane" guy is stupid as well though.
    I have no idea what his problem with mutlirole-characters is though.
    Raiden doesn't have problems just because she is good with damage and energy recharge.
    Yoimiya is not "not good at anything"
    She deals solid DPS and works as both off-field and on-field DPS. She is similar to Hu Tao and the alternative to her, even with "ICDs"

The guy is just as much a problem like the first dude, because unless a new character completely outscales someone else, he doesn't recognize it, as seen with his statements.
    That's fucking dumb and destroys the game in way more ways than he would like to admit.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-23 at 08:39 AM.

Yeah, even if Zhongli eats hydro from target .... XQ got you covered on that since XQ so godlike and OP that his Q blades applies "Hydro" independent and fast for each blade + there hydro from E swords, 5 blades + 1 E swords -1 that Zhongli eaten up ...so just don't even think replacing godly book boy. For cryo better use Rosaria , Kaeya is good but has ICD problems , as bonus part Rosaria crit share passive very very good.

Still found it funny that developers didn't put InnerCoolDown of elements application into Skill Info. like "Go and find out about it and more other things in Keking mains thread". Me who plays mostly claymores : Dilluc,Eula,Beidou; was very surprised at "use XLXQ and Benny" like damn i love tall grown models, little i knew that XL has no ICD in Pyronado so god and anime on her side.

Gouba GOD goes BRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Edit:
    Sad that Ayaka has more capability to cross water surfaces than mermaid girl.
    If only they would swap -100% crit chance cursed passive for ability to walk on water, and press JUMP to swim or press JUMP again to walk over water again. like in this glitched video:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp..._active_burst/
    It's not zhong li that's the problem, it's 2 geo and timing of shit proccing that's the problem. It's not as simple as xq refreshes hydro so everything is fine. I found a video that demonstrates how to get around this issue and I think I get it now but it's hard for me to test out in the world cuz things die in 1 hit even with a lv 1 weapon.

I will prob try out rosaria too later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roflmao. Kokomi sales are the worst right now. Worse than Albedo on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Roflmao. Kokomi sales are the worst right now. Worse than Albedo on day 1.
    Waifu god + big b00bed clan leader = win

Childe will tank too, considering who's gonna come after
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2021-09-23 at 10:50 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account

How I enjoy this game is completely different then these people. When it comes to any other game, I am hardcore competitive but for Genshin, after clearing the world from chests and puzzles, I love maxing friendship of characters, levelling them to 90, 90 weapon, max artifacts, then I move to another character. I find those vids of immense damage impressive but I really do not care about Kokomis dps or whatever. She is god damn cute and and that color set, that night blue is my favorite color. I absolutely would not feel the same about her if she had a different color set. Those colors are awesome. The design and their stories connects me with those characters or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    How I enjoy this game is completely different then these people. When it comes to any other game, I am hardcore competitive but for Genshin, after clearing the world from chests and puzzles, I love maxing friendship of characters, levelling them to 90, 90 weapon, max artifacts, then I move to another character. I find those vids of immense damage impressive but I really do not care about Kokomis dps or whatever. She is god damn cute and and that color set, that night blue is my favorite color. I absolutely would not feel the same about her if she had a different color set. Those colors are awesome. The design and their stories connects me with those characters or not.
    It might be due to how the game is designed.
    Kokomi deals more than enough damage to clear the content, since she is a healer as well, you'll have an easy time too. (Even Abyss)
    There is no need to be competitive, which is why you can actually enjoy the things you like.

Whales get super mad when a character they want to enjoy turns out to be weaker than expected (after 5 minutes of playing). That's when shitstorms are created.
    They want to feel like it was "worth it" and think they have a some fucked up "right" to feel like that because they spent 1000€ on it.

And when someone else still enjoys that character, it's "copium", obviously, and they shouldn't stay in their way of their "right" to get a super strong character.

@Yunru

yay. Skins!
    Looking forward to them. The last 2 were good, but Jean's original skin is already so good, a summer skin had no chance. At least not if you want to maintain the actual feel of the game, like they did with that skin (which I like).
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-23 at 12:05 PM.