Thread: Genshin Impact

  1. #8241
    A large portion of the anniversary rewards being locked behind competitions is hilarious and disgusting at the same time, but I'd argue what's far worse is the 100,000 mora compensation on the event that has a chance to give Welkin Moon.

    Honestly, 100,000 mora? They consider that to be even semi-close to the value of welkin moon? Lmao. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. 10,000,000 probably isn't even close to the value, but they at least could've done 1 mil.

  2. #8242
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    11,213
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    A large portion of the anniversary rewards being locked behind competitions is hilarious and disgusting at the same time, but I'd argue what's far worse is the 100,000 mora compensation on the event that has a chance to give Welkin Moon.

    Honestly, 100,000 mora? They consider that to be even semi-close to the value of welkin moon? Lmao. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. 10,000,000 probably isn't even close to the value, but they at least could've done 1 mil.
    You get 90 a day from moon. And if you do a refresh for 50 and just farm mora, you can do 3 ley lines per day.

    3600 reshin in total. Leyline costs 20 -- 180 x 60k mora
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  3. #8243
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Zhong Li snip
    What exactly has changed?
    Afaik he had the same skills and even similar modifiers in beta (pre release).
    Like.. 705% at lvl 6

    They just added HP% modifiers, didn't they, but you could simply ignore them.
    I think the only thing different was the petrify duration, and the physical dmg bonus?

    I mean, we can assume that Q and E were supposed to somehow interact, but that wasn't really beta stuff, that's more like "internal testing" stuff before he even got into beta.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    huh? it's not just the chinese community that's being dumb about everything in this game lol. Definitely a lot of dumb dumbs over in the west.
    I think it's extra dumb when you have people posting their lawyer license and shit like that... not to mention that the amount of rage and hate they express is like 500 times higher and you actually have people setting buildings on fire there.
    If someone in the west would say "They should all die", I wouldn't take it seriously, but over there, some people followed up on these
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-24 at 09:58 AM.

  4. #8244
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What exactly has changed?
    Afaik he had the same skills and even similar modifiers in beta (pre release).
    Like.. 705% at lvl 6

    They just added HP% modifiers, didn't they, but you could simply ignore them.
    I think the only thing different was the petrify duration, and the physical dmg bonus?

    I mean, we can assume that Q and E were supposed to somehow interact, but that wasn't really beta stuff, that's more like "internal testing" stuff before he even got into beta.


    I think it's extra dumb when you have people posting their lawyer license and shit like that... not to mention that the amount of rage and hate they express is like 500 times higher and you actually have people setting buildings on fire there.
    If someone in the west would say "They should all die", I wouldn't take it seriously, but over there, some people followed up on these
    If I remember correctly, initial reports from the beta reported that E was able to interact with petrified enemies, and also geo constructs, making them explode for geo damage. I dont know if you can still see this or if they have removed it as I have not payed close attention to it bas of late but when you used his hold E on petrified enemies there was a unique animation which meant that there used to be some form of interaction between the 2. I believe petrified enemies also resonated the aoe from his pillars.
    And again like I said whether this was internal testing or not there are a lot of hints to point to his initial direction and how they ended up just removing parts of his kit instead of changing it accordingly to turn him into a support. They did not even bother to change his signature weapon which assumes him to be on the field and auto attacking. There have been hit or miss signature weapons in the past (like albedo weapon outclassed by a 3 star weapon) but not really signature weapons that made no sense like vortex vanquisher.

  5. #8245
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    My 1.st free to play 3x crowned character. Next is Ganyu (need 3 books), then i will see who will get the rest.
    Next is Hu Tao then Ayaka and Baal
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  6. #8246
    When did Genshin release again?

    Isn't that 10 wish login special and that 2k Primogem event starting soon?

  7. #8247
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    huh? it's not just the chinese community that's being dumb about everything in this game lol. Definitely a lot of dumb dumbs over in the west.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Why are these streamers wanting extra floors in abyss? what does that solve exactly? Add new floors with no rewards? Is that the idea?
    Probably so they can keep f12 fairly consistent among rotations since the last few increased considerably in dps check. And the f13 could be just a flex floor for whales or highly invested players.

  8. #8248
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Probably so they can keep f12 fairly consistent among rotations since the last few increased considerably in dps check. And the f13 could be just a flex floor for whales or highly invested players.
    Or a Co-Op only floor
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  9. #8249
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Or a Co-Op only floor
    I'm all down to diversifying endgame content in Genshin. Either adding coop raids where you NEED to bring 4 people because reasons, or roguelike dungeons, with powers, puzzles, but no time limit so you can take your time.

  10. #8250
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    And at the end of the day, if they dont want all characters to do a lot of dps, they can make the abyss more mechanically challenging rather than a fat dps check in order to 9 star it.
    Yea like magu kenki and mechanical array. Not difficult at all, just tank and spank. Well Magu Kenki at least hurts somewhat but it's just burst damage and can be healed up instantly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Probably so they can keep f12 fairly consistent among rotations since the last few increased considerably in dps check. And the f13 could be just a flex floor for whales or highly invested players.
    Yea, only way I can see it make sense is if the additional floors gave no rewards. Otherwise, we'd have the same exact issue anyways. Lower invested players won't be able to get all the rewards.

  11. #8251
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,455
    I never even bother to 9 star 11 and 12. Sometimes i don't even do abyss at all

  12. #8252
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Yea, only way I can see it make sense is if the additional floors gave no rewards. Otherwise, we'd have the same exact issue anyways. Lower invested players won't be able to get all the rewards.
    I'd take it a bit further and say that a f13 could give a namecard for anyone that completes it/9* star/whatever the criteria, and just go balls to the wall in difficulty spike. But since last rotation when Maguu Kenki was introduced, it was a reality check dps-wise, at least for me. The lectors were tame af in comparison.

  13. #8253
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    I'd take it a bit further and say that a f13 could give a namecard for anyone that completes it/9* star/whatever the criteria, and just go balls to the wall in difficulty spike. But since last rotation when Maguu Kenki was introduced, it was a reality check dps-wise, at least for me. The lectors were tame af in comparison.
    I would like this. I always preferred "rewards" in the form of titles over pixels (gear) in other mmos. So a namecard over 150 primos would be nice for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I never even bother to 9 star 11 and 12. Sometimes i don't even do abyss at all
    I honestly don't understand what there is to do in this game if you're not doing abyss. The stuff in the outside world, a low lv character can kill shit. There'd be 0 reason to progress your characters at all and no satisfaction really.

    I started doing commissions with underleved and no artifacts characters for friendship and it's still ridiculously easy.

  14. #8254
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    11,213
    MHY may be announcing something BIG at their Secret Birthday Party later!

    The 1-Year Anniv BIRTHDAY livestream is happening at 9 PM (GMT+8) on 25-Sep, stream is likely on their bilibili webpage.


    It was not circulated via Twitter or Facebook yet, probably more exclusive for the CN community.

    Perhaps MHY is afraid of the drama that the EN community brings onto the live chat for livestreams.

    ...i am not suprised...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here is the reward lolololol:

    Don't sweat the details!!!

  15. #8255
    Got a lost prayer from standard banner, mona or yanfei
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  16. #8256
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    I honestly don't understand what there is to do in this game if you're not doing abyss. The stuff in the outside world, a low lv character can kill shit. There'd be 0 reason to progress your characters at all and no satisfaction really.

    I started doing commissions with underleved and no artifacts characters for friendship and it's still ridiculously easy.
    The Abyss doesn't actually take up all that much time, either. Once you complete all the floors and get all 12 stars, that's it until it resets in a few weeks. Unless you just keep running it over and over again in an attempt to get a faster time, or something? Even then, I don't think the game keeps track of that? It certainly doesn't have, like, a leaderboard or anything, so you can't even measure yourself against other players.

    For myself, I didn't bother with the Abyss until recently and, if I ran out of stuff to do, I just played something else until the daily reset and/or new events/content were added.

  17. #8257
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Got a lost prayer from standard banner, mona or yanfei
    Probably Yanfei, because Mona isn't on the field doing stuff and Width is kinda ideal for her.

  18. #8258
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,455
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    I would like this. I always preferred "rewards" in the form of titles over pixels (gear) in other mmos. So a namecard over 150 primos would be nice for me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I honestly don't understand what there is to do in this game if you're not doing abyss. The stuff in the outside world, a low lv character can kill shit. There'd be 0 reason to progress your characters at all and no satisfaction really.

    I started doing commissions with underleved and no artifacts characters for friendship and it's still ridiculously easy.
    Story content, exploration, character mat farming, events, dailies etc.. If i do abyss 9-12, its like 40 minutes out of a 6 week patch. Its hardly content

  19. #8259
    I just got into this game. I was wondering, are there are samurai characters that are playable?

  20. #8260
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I just got into this game. I was wondering, are there are samurai characters that are playable?
    Yes, there are currently two samurai characters that are playable, namely Ayaka and Kazuha (Raiden Shogun can maybe also be considered one). You'll however have to wait for them to come up in the time limited shop again since their banner has already ended.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •