Thread: Genshin Impact

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I did it...i c6'ed Bennet

video
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...net_for_diluc/

Big damage
    Congrats on being free from the constellation notification! Hopefully you don't regret it.

video

Big damage
    Gratz, now your bennett is useless for everyone but Diluc
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Hopefully i dont regret it yeah (>_<) is good for cryo users too like Kaeya.

Fun fact.
    This team:

Diluc + Kaeya + Rosaria + Bennet c6

Has a lot of modifiers for crit rating to boost diluc melt attacks.
    Rosaria have 96% crit so she gives Diluc like 13 or 14% crit passive when she bursts
    2 Cryo users is more 15% crit when they have cryo

So im boosting Diluc crit a lot and can run a crit damage head piece.
    Also...
    Is insanely fun to have always an attack ready with bennet and rosaria and kaeya low cooldown abilities

video

Big damage
    Fellow brother, we've been freed from the chains of the (!) notification.
    I tried to use him with Razor using a pyro goblet just for the memes and it's not that bad. Before that I only used it on national team so the c6 is whatever, in fact you get extra damage with Xiangling. Other than that... legit affects only physical dps and those are the minority. I personally prefer to run double geo for physical for that extra damage, since you're not getting reactions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Nah, he's still fine for other teams. Great, even.

Plus there's more and more "this infusion can't be overwritten" characters over time, so the negative seems like it isn't that bad.

In other news, everyone talking about Hu Tao, but I got her back in the first banner and just never used her. I dunno. Was never that impressed, maybe I should build her some time.
    The only bad thing about Hu Tao is that she steals the spot of your Xingqiu for other teams
    Xingqiu is just too good on her...

The only bad thing about Hu Tao is that she steals the spot of your Xingqiu for other teams
    Xingqiu is just too good on her...
    Xingq with 4x Noblesse and sacrif sword, C6 diona is op too if your Hu Tao isn't C1
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Well, fuck today's pro challenge, managed 4584 after 6 tries
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2021-10-19 at 01:48 PM.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Nah, he's still fine for other teams. Great, even.

Plus there's more and more "this infusion can't be overwritten" characters over time, so the negative seems like it isn't that bad.

In other news, everyone talking about Hu Tao, but I got her back in the first banner and just never used her. I dunno. Was never that impressed, maybe I should build her some time.
    Hu Tao without Homa is good.
    Hu Tao with Homa is impressive.

If you own Homa, you should really go for her.
    60.000 Charged attacks every second are no joke, especially at C1 when they are free.

I myself have her on auto-attack duty with a 3* weapon though.
    Might change it to Dragon's Bane sometime in the future but it's not the same.

Not gonna lie this was the hardest abyss to 9 star so far as a light spender (welkin and BP).
    Literally managed to kill the last golem and the 2 robot shits at exactly 7:00 minutes left with a nice 254k Childe bow ult vape crit (in bennet ult) followed by an instant fat crit from his E activation that hit all 3.
    I feel like this 12-3 might be a little too much with the mobs being so tanky and also spawning at the complete opposite sides of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Not gonna lie this was the hardest abyss to 9 star so far as a light spender (welkin and BP).
    Literally managed to kill the last golem and the 2 robot shits at exactly 7:00 minutes left with a nice 254k Childe bow ult vape crit (in bennet ult) followed by an instant fat crit from his E activation that hit all 3.
    I feel like this 12-3 might be a little too much with the mobs being so tanky and also spawning at the complete opposite sides of the room.
    Wait...you managed to clear it? I cant and gave up im behind for like 1 entire minute
    I give up

Wait...you managed to clear it? I cant and gave up im behind for like 1 entire minute
    I give up
    Yeah I managed but as a light spender/F2P it requires considerable character investment depending on the team you use and basically repeating it constantly until you get a perfect run. I will give you a detailed description of my teams and how I played it cause I love theorycrafting and min/maxing in this game so maybe this helps you as well to plan around with teams of your own.

Basically in this abyss, aoe is king more than ever so you want 2 AOE teams

-Chamber 1.1 and 1.2: For chamber 1 I went with my typical no healer comp where I use Diluc (C1), XQ (C6), Fischl (C6) and Zhongli. My Zhongli is not HP build but rather typical nuke build but with milelith instead of 2p petra/2p noblesse for the buff. He is sporting around 22k HP from substats. 12-1-1 and 12-2-1 Magu Kenki were not a problem at all. Basically gather all the mobs and AOE in 12-1 and iframe/zhong shield face tank the magu kenki aoe. Made sure I constantly had my vape rotation going and the damage was enough to comfortably. Fischl was used to supplement damage but I m pretty sure for this floor Beidou would have been better if I had her built (working on it) for more AOE. If you run into issues with the 3 assasins I would recommend just going back to this floor with a comp that is ideal for grouping them and 3 staring it like that after you have 3 stared 12.3 (aka kazuha/venti/sucrose).

-Chamber 2.1 and 2.2: For Chamber 2 I went with the typical Childe comp aka Childe, Kazuha, Xiangling (C6) and Bennet (C5). My benner is built more toward dps as his ult is already healing enough so pyro goblet and attack sands/ER sands with an ER weapon and a crit rate helm. Kazuha is full EM. For this comp, to maximize damage it is essential that you do the rotation correctly to allow Xiangling pyronado to maximize damage. The rotation goes as follows: Pop childe E for 1 second and do 1 hit to apply hydro. Switch to bennet and ult for a big vape hit then E. Switch to kazuha to infuse and buff pyro with E and ult. Switch to xiangling and pop pyronado and Guoba. Switch to Childe, Bow ulti and immediately go into his E for 6-8 seconds max depending on the situation. Rinse and repeat with fast swaps to maintain ulties up all the time.
    2.1 is quite easy because the hydro spawns are passively taken care of from pyronado + kazuha while you perform the rotation I mentioned above on the vishaps. ez 3 star. 2.2 is a bit more challenging due to the maiden tankiness. The way I tackled it is I basically tried to insta burst the cryo cicin mage before she got her shield up by ccing her with kazuha and doing the afforementioned rotation. The basically you try to group the small thugs with kazuha as you work your way on the shield maiden. Shes very tanky so I would blow everything on her after while using the small guys as HP particle fodder to fuel ultimates. I would recommend that as shes about to die, if you re still good on time (I had about 15-20 seconds left at that point) try to save up on ulties for the last floor as they will be VERY important. If you cannot manage to do it without saving all your ulties I would recommend what I said above. Come back and 3 star it later by blowing all ulties without careing about what you leave for 12-3.

Now for the big challenge:

-Chamber 3.1: Lets just say this chamber is a big oof chamber. What I did is I started by shielding my team with zhong and immediately went for the ruin guard. I did not waste big aoe, just started with XQ ulti and a Diluc E, auto auto, E, auto auto E combo for the 3 vapes while waiting for the 2 worms to stack on top of the guard. Most of the time they will stack. If one of the worms stays in Uganda, reset the floor and go again until you get them to stack. Once they stacked I zhong ultied to keep them in place, fischl ulti for oz and then line up diluc ulti to hit all of them. You want to deal with these kinda fast as the next set of adds sucks. As soon as you kill them sprint to the southern part of the room asap. By this point you should have some ulties back. Ignore the golem and focus one of the 3 range laser adds. The golem will follow as will the other add. If the add you re focusing moves, follow it. As soon as the golem joins you, start your big damage. On my best attempt I cleared this with 8:22 mins remaining and I dont consider diluc to be that good anymore so it should be doable way easier on other aoe comps. You dont want to be bellow 8:15 leaving chamber 1 unless your 2nd aoe comp is absolute nuts.

Chamber 3.2: Here you want to follow the same advice I gave for the 2nd pack of 3.1. You want to run to a ranged lazer mob and stick to it/follow it around as the rest of the mobs follow you while you aoe them all down as fast as you can. Not much more to say that what I already said above. HOWEVER. Once you kill this pack make sure you immediately sprint south asap as the last pack has all of the mobs already stacked nicely for aoe. If you dont do that, the guard will start his stupid shoulder sprint toward you. I had that happen to me on a very good attempt and it drove me nuts. Here you basically just go ham. Utilize the aoe rotation of your preferred team making sure you maximize damage. In a decent run I managed to clear it exactly on 7:00 minutes with a bennet buffed childe bow ult vape (254k) and an immediate application of his E.

Noteworthy weapons: Skyward harp on Childe, R5 Serpent spine on Diluc, skyward spine on xiangling. You do not need such powerful weapons with better team comps and better runs though so dw.

Good luck with 9 staring it. My initial runs were also about 1+ mins behind before I perfected it so dont get disheartened. I know ninguang is also quite good on this floor and ganyu is of course plainly broken. Xiao is also good so you have many options. I honestly thing my Diluc side is quite mediocre as is carried by the weapons and his good artifact set.
    Last edited by Delever; 2021-10-19 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    The instrument minigames are always garbage.

Same notes requiring different key strokes. Key strokes not representing notes or tempo properly and seemingly just being randomly created. Patterns that don't match the sound (like the sliding effect they tried to emulate today). The fucking boring assed refrains that have been present in every song so far.

List goes on. It's a sub-par guitar hero/DDR adaptation that they obviously half-assed.

FWIW I got ~5800 first try and ~6200 next, but I can't be fucking bothered to try for discantus or whatever top level is on this one because I had a combo of 150 and notes successfully complete of like 168 or something and that still wasn't good enough? Drop combo ONE TIME and miss a SINGLE note and no more top tier rating on this one apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    It's easier with the volume turned off. The prompts are offbeat from the music sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Personally I felt it was actually easier than last rotation. 12-1 is pretty much free, I even got caught by surprise with the pyro aura first time but still managed to one shot. 12-2 with Maguu Kenki is always a pain in the ass, sometimes you miss the iframe and get sent to the shadow realm, shit happens, but second half is, again, really simple.
    12-3 looks daunting at first because of the mobs and grouping, but once you get the gist of how to group them it's not a big dps check imo. You don't need perfect grouping to hit all 3, as long as you can kill one of the small ones while hitting the big one as cleave you should be fine.
    FWIW, I used Raiden/Xiangling/Zhongli/Bennet for 1st half and Kaeya/Xingqiu/Kazuha/Chongyun for 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Personally I felt it was actually easier than last rotation. 12-1 is pretty much free, I even got caught by surprise with the pyro aura first time but still managed to one shot. 12-2 with Maguu Kenki is always a pain in the ass, sometimes you miss the iframe and get sent to the shadow realm, shit happens, but second half is, again, really simple.
    12-3 looks daunting at first because of the mobs and grouping, but once you get the gist of how to group them it's not a big dps check imo. You don't need perfect grouping to hit all 3, as long as you can kill one of the small ones while hitting the big one as cleave you should be fine.
    FWIW, I used Raiden/Xiangling/Zhongli/Bennet for 1st half and Kaeya/Xingqiu/Kazuha/Chongyun for 2nd.
    Your second comp sounds really interesting actually. Makes me eager to try it. What are you running on kaeya and chong?

15+ Year Old Account

First try with the sound on. I have no idea what you guys are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about
    I got 5800 with the sound on first try, and then 6200 the next try. And? Just because it's possible to do it doesn't mean it's fun or properly aligned or whatever. I'm sure they just think it's "good enough" as a low effort event that they're using as content filler.

For me, this is an all-or-nothing proposition. Either you nail it, properly make a game where it feels like you're only ever hitting notes when notes actually exist, actually playing the thing logically for how it would be played, or you don't fucking bother with implementing something like this.

Having notes where you hold and release that are literally single quarter notes? Fuck outta here.
    Having two different buttons for what is literally the same tonal note? Fuck outta here.
    Having slightly off-timed button presses because you're trying to accurately capture the riffs and flourishes of the artist who is free-handing the song? Fuck. Outta. Here.

Accurately represent shit how it's supposed to be.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-10-19 at 05:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I got 5800 with the sound on first try, and then 6200 the next try. And? Just because it's possible to do it doesn't mean it's fun or properly aligned or whatever. I'm sure they just think it's "good enough" as a low effort event that they're using as content filler.
    They were saying it's hard when its not and to even turn the sound off. And I find them very fun, I just wish it had battle music. I dont know what weeb wouldn't play taiko or project diva

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They were saying it's hard when its not and to even turn the sound off. And I find them very fun, I just wish it had battle music. I dont know what weeb wouldn't play taiko or project diva
    It's hard when you operate on the assumption that the game is going to accurately portray the song like a real instrument would and then fails to deliver on that front. They could choose more interesting songs if they wanted to use all 8 keys more equally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    It's hard when you operate on the assumption that the game is going to accurately portray the song like a real instrument would and then fails to deliver on that front. They could choose more interesting songs if they wanted to use all 8 keys more equally.
    I like the songs and the notes were fine to me as somebody that plays a fuck ton of project diva ¯\_(ツ)_/¯