Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'm not sure what's with all the complaints about this Abyss reset, the wolves are obviously horrendously designed, but they seem to have much less HP than previous resets' mobs and they actually seem to have less i-frames and dodge less than a good couple of previous resets (like, fuck Maguu Kenki with a 3 metre pole). Spectres were as horrible as ever, but then there's only 6 of them on 1 floor. I usually swear a lot doing F12, this time it was almost a pleasure.
    Wolves are obnoxious without triggering the special floor buff (geo crystal thing). Triple Mr. Kinky is fucking horrible as well. I haven't gotten past them yet and I also don't have two geo people at competent levels, so one team goes without shields/crystals.

Previous floor was way less gimmicky.

I've harped on this before, but I dislike fights with gimmicks that you HAVE to indulge or you have a bad time. I like fights where gimmicks are optional and you can still just dodge roll+normal attack your way to victory at baseline (in darksouls fashion).

I've seen complaints about the hitboxes blocking the dodges, but that's another thing I feel is just the wrong approach. You don't need to dodge the wolves too much, they don't hit hard on their own and corrosion damage is fully negated by a burst healer, so take Jean or Barbara and you're set.
    Collision boxes of enemies blocking dodges is a whole other discussion that isn't unique to wolves, but wolves highlight the biggest issue: COLLISION boxes and HIT boxes are different in this game. When the wolves do their dumb "jump back and come flying in" animation, the game still acts like the wolf is right in front of me. I try to run at them, and I'm blocked by.... invisible nothing. HOWEVER, since my weapon isn't physically making contact with their model, I also don't get to do damage to them.

Dodge roll should just remove collision altogether for the duration. Let me roll through to the back of opponents, especially when you're gonna make fatasses like the chonker toad boss or his mini-me versions that just get to bully you around with their movement.

Azdaha is by far the most annoying fuck because geo reaction crystals spawn UNDERNEATH him and you can't pick them up.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-12-03 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Cuz the wolves literally never stand still. The magu kenki at least had some moments of being stationary. Also, the hitboxes on the wolves are legit broken. But yes, I felt this abyss was more lenient for dps check than prior ones.
    Until they do, and stare you menacingly from across the room for 30 seconds.

I gotta say I actually enjoyed the Kenki bros fight. No bs mechanics, no random iframes, just pure old smack them and dodge their shit. The wolves on the other hand can go suck a dick.

Is there any chance in the far future that we will see new elemental visions like Hiero (Holy) and Abyss/Limbo/Void something?
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2021-12-03 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    Is there any chance in the far future that we will see new elemental visions like Hiero (Holy) and Abyss/Limbo/Void something?
    My money is on yes, according to leaks they're trying new weapon types, so I don't think it's too farfetched to think of light/shadow visions, especially knowing that the archons are not directly responsible for handing out visions in the first place.

They should add dual wielding daggers as a default weapon similar to tartaglia's attacks, there are also fist weapons and 2h axes/maces on monsters, so why not on playable characters

We will receive 800 primogems on ingame mail!
    200 each day for 4 days

Myhoyo is so random on primogem "generocity" (>_<) this feel good though

10+ Year Old Account
    At least snowman are usefull for something:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

They may not, but they seem to get hit in plenty of situations where they had no business getting hit. At least it felt that way. And then they may be porting around, but most of the ports are short range and are very short duration, so it's hard to even count them as i-frames. You won't be missing most of your damage on them. Compare that to Maguu, who has completely random rotations with basically every single skill fully capable of ruining your bursts, and yeah, I'll take the wolves every day. I might have gotten lucky with the single attempt I needed, though.

I've seen complaints about the hitboxes blocking the dodges, but that's another thing I feel is just the wrong approach. You don't need to dodge the wolves too much, they don't hit hard on their own and corrosion damage is fully negated by a burst healer, so take Jean or Barbara and you're set.
    The kenkis have a good 5 seconds of "downtime" (estimating) before it'll do its next random attack so you have time to land your burst, just don't mindlessly spam. I never really had an issue with it. The main reason I have an issue with the wolves is because it's more annoying for me to land my normal attacks in burst with Raiden.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-12-04 at 06:55 PM.

Ahhh... so that's why Mihoyo came up with this Joel kid for the quests instead of just using Timmie. Joel's father makes an appearance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Ahhh... so that's why Mihoyo came up with this Joel kid for the quests instead of just using Timmie. Joel's father makes an appearance.
    Next thing you know that Joel's father not real, impostor and just woopadoopaflower inside. We can't hurt Timmie like that!
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Next thing you know that Joel's father not real, impostor and just woopadoopaflower inside. We can't hurt Timmie like that!
    Joel is the impostor, and now he knows how to make men out of snow, we're doomed.
    /s

I'm on the proccess of crowning Noelle.
    Here is she so far (with a cheesy team to boost damage )
    Good damage! (so far)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I'm on the proccess of crowning Noelle.
    Here is she so far (with a cheesy team to boost damage )
    Good damage! (so far)
    You are building her wrong.
    Hp /Atk /Def/Geo damage/Crit rate or damage (depends on substats)

Crit rate (---- crit damage (---- Def (--- energy rechange (--- Atk (elemental mastery is usless)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    You are building her wrong.
    Hp /Atk /Def/Geo damage/Crit rate or damage (depends on substats)

Crit rate (---- crit damage (---- Def (--- energy rechange (--- Atk (elemental mastery is usless)
    I have no choice remember i got 10 sands and none was defense?
    This is my only way to proc the 4 piece bonus of DEF domain

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Honestly at the end it seemed like Joel's father could be a red herring. They seemed to be hinting Albedo was imposter again going full amogus. We left him at his camp on Dragonspire, come back down to Mondstadt and he's just there... Then he taunts us by showing and removing his neck mark. Very very sus.

Don't know when any of this is going to be relevant again though as this is the end of the event, hope it won't be long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no choice remember i got 10 sands and none was defense?
    This is my only way to proc the 4 piece bonus of DEF domain
    This is a crap i collected so far:

Not a single crit or crit damage helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly at the end it seemed like Joel's father could be a red herring. They seemed to be hinting Albedo was imposter again going full amogus. We left him at his camp on Dragonspire, come back down to Mondstadt and he's just there... Then he taunts us by showing and removing his neck mark. Very very sus.

Don't know when any of this is going to be relevant again though as this is the end of the event, hope it won't be long.
    Joels father is the second Albedo. The impostor and real one made a deal.

I tested Whiteblind on Noelle instead of the 5 star weapon.....is the exact same damage...or even more.
    Figured, maybe, if i only have an ATK % sands...it would be worth to equip the 5 star over Whiteblind.
    Was wrong :O

@Yunru
    Trade me one of those DEF % sands...please (>_<)

- - - Updated - - -

WTF! This is insane! This is extremely rare!
    Just got it

I tested Whiteblind on Noelle instead of the 5 star weapon.....is the exact same damage...or even more.
    Figured, maybe, if i only have an ATK % sands...it would be worth to equip the 5 star over Whiteblind.
    Was wrong :O

@Yunru
    Trade me one of those DEF % sands...please (>_<)

Just got it
    Yeah, farming for EM stuff is a pain, congrats.
    OTOH usually chars that need to prio EM over everything don't really care about substats because swirl/overload/electro-charge can't crit+aren't affected by atk, so you can get away with pretty bad substat rolls.
    At least that's what I keep telling myself while I'm still in VV/maiden hell looking for a 2nd VV EM hat+sands...

Just got it
    If you are going EM for some reason, isn't 80 EM already more than the 40% from the 4p?
    80 EM is roughly 60% for that reaction, isn't it?

It's not really a good idea to go for em on fischl