Thread: Genshin Impact

5+ Year Old Account
    lost 50/50 to kekKing, i bet i gonna get her C6 before Mona or Jean C0. /sadface

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    So I dropped this today (2nd ever orange Witch hat with CDMG/CR, no less), and I joked to myself, "it's all going into def".
    Even if we don't get any other artifact enhancements I'd dearly love to just get the ability to reset an artifact to level 1 so we can try to get better level ups...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    But Kokomi fills two of those...

I guess that would be why Shenhe sold better, despite being the niche-est niche of support.
    I liked the story stuff they did with Shenhe, that's why I pulled her. I mean, I also got Kokomi because she's too damn useful.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So trailer from competition is out:

Game will come out in Q3 --- so betwen August --) Oct

Pretty crappy timing if you ask me. If it comes out before Dendro region, it may steal some players, but its after....then it could die pretty easy.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I am sad now:

At least it could be a Keqing.........
    I lost my 50/50 to Keqing

Thinking about dropping some bucks for Kazuha with the side note that I'm actually doing it for the Heizou cons. Part of me wants to wait for the Yoimiya banner since I haven't built a pyro main dps even though I recently got a Diluc but I like Heizou so much on my alt beginner account I don't want to miss out on this banner.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that will help:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pQFl1/pubhtml#

So you dont waste reshin and limited resorces. (and for fuck sake, dont lvl Kaeya, Amber and Lisa -- you can get better characters from normal wishes, unless you realy have a bad luck -- Diona is a good cryo, then there is bennet and also a free Fischl right now from event so no need for Lisa)
    Use the resources provided but don't listen to the "don't lvl kaeya, amber, Lisa" bit. Level whatever the heck you want. This game demands very little of your time or effort. If you enjoy the play style or esthetics of a character go all in and don't give a damn what anyone else says. That's the charm of this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Kokomi was hit pretty hard by the fact that she was released right after most simps spent their allowances on Raiden Shogun; she just couldn't compete there...
    That paired with a community, which resembles a bad-telephone echo-chamber, resulted in her being shafted.
    Oh common, even without Raiden or anything, wishing for character that CURSED with bonus passive that essentially makes 2 stats on her dead, and this in game where you farming these domains as madman for miniscale damage increase, but all these hopes ruined with 20%def, she come out without hued set... and it was fiasco, while her weapon one of most useless things in game only overshadowed maybe by Bell.

(my cocomi still has like +20% crit rate, +20% crit damage on her hued set, i just given up on getting clean pieces without crit)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-07-21 at 12:49 AM.

Pretty crappy timing if you ask me. If it comes out before Dendro region, it may steal some players, but its after....then it could die pretty easy.
    It would be a suicide to launch before Sumeru, unless they are going for quick bucks, which may very well be the case. Genshin players will come back for Sumeru even if they decide to try out this copy at all. But if it launches 1-2 months after it, it may be able to attract people who already cleared the whole Sumeru and still have too much time on their hands. And then maybe some of these people will stick to it, though I don't see the appeal, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Thinking about dropping some bucks for Kazuha with the side note that I'm actually doing it for the Heizou cons. Part of me wants to wait for the Yoimiya banner since I haven't built a pyro main dps even though I recently got a Diluc but I like Heizou so much on my alt beginner account I don't want to miss out on this banner.

- - - Updated - - -

Use the resources provided but don't listen to the "don't lvl kaeya, amber, Lisa" bit. Level whatever the heck you want. This game demands very little of your time or effort. If you enjoy the play style or esthetics of a character go all in and don't give a damn what anyone else says. That's the charm of this game.
    Give me your Keqing

Maybe that will help:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pQFl1/pubhtml#

So you dont waste reshin and limited resorces. (and for fuck sake, dont lvl Kaeya, Amber and Lisa -- you can get better characters from normal wishes, unless you realy have a bad luck -- Diona is a good cryo, then there is bennet and also a free Fischl right now from event so no need for Lisa)
    Kaeya is a pretty decent character to level up tbh from the starter ones and he doesnt really go wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Don't let anyone fool you. Xinyan is solid physical dps. Granted having C6 really makes a difference, but she can be useful, especially with a limited roster for a new player. Plus she's claymore AND pyro, which comes in handy traveling about. If you don't mind rolling on the current character banner, I also stand by Thoma as a solid shielder. His ult does a lot of good. Heizou is new and I'm still building him so no opinions yet. Ningguang is useful in many ways, but I've never been able to get her as good a dps as she supposedly is. You still have a lot to do, quests, events, etc, so you'll build up plenty of wishes early on.
    Man I m sorry but no. Both Xinyan and Thoma are some of the worst characters in the game. At least Thoma fills in a niche in a very specific Hutao comp but in every other team, while he provides decent shielding, he royally fucks up your reaction timers. Xinyan has insanely long cooldowns, a very mediocre shield and a very mediocre ulti and gets shat on by literally every other physical character in the game.

She came out during the infamous zhongli patch where for some reason mihoyo thought it was cool to make split scaling characters with kits that make no sense and we all saw where that lead. To this day I still dont understand why Diona's ascension stat is fucking cryo damage. Its so damn bizzare. She is saved by her element and the rest of her kit.

Pretty much, yeah.

There's a lot of "youtuber said this" and "youtuber said that" and "damage per screenshot" mentalities in Genshin, but at the end of the day it's single-player and there's nothing really super demanding in the game.

Aside from some Abyss floors tripping you up based on your characters elements, you can work with just about any team. It helps if the teams at least make sense, of course, but you're not "gimping yourself forever and ever" because you built Xinyan or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I still dont understand why Diona's ascension stat is fucking cryo damage. Its so damn bizzare. She is saved by her element and the rest of her kit.
    "Diona is a Ganyu who can also heal and shield" said no player ever
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

There's a lot of "youtuber said this" and "youtuber said that" and "damage per screenshot" mentalities in Genshin, but at the end of the day it's single-player and there's nothing really super demanding in the game.

Aside from some Abyss floors tripping you up based on your characters elements, you can work with just about any team. It helps if the teams at least make sense, of course, but you're not "gimping yourself forever and ever" because you built Xinyan or something.
    It realy depends on what you build. Some characters are simply stronger than others, so it fells like a waste of resorces.
    Also mean reason i dont recomend lvling starting characters are their constelations are locked behind standard banner (wich is trash) and stardust every shop reset (no but seriosly, its better to just use this to get closer to pity on banner you want).

I will list every character and give them a rank 1-5 star, but only those i own. It will be 0 star if i dont have it:
    (if you see negative stars, dont use this)

Albedo 0
    Aloy -5
    Amber 1
    Itto 0
    Barbara 3
    Beidou 3
    Bennet 5
    Chungyun 1
    Diluc 3
    Diona 5
    Eula 4
    Fischl 3
    Ganyu 5
    Gorou 2
    Hu tao 5* (has to be c1 at least for 5, less due to charge attack)
    Jean 4
    Kazuha 0
    Kaeya -1
    Ayaka 4
    Ayato 0
    Keqing 0
    Klee 3
    Sara 1
    Kuki 0
    Lisa -2
    Mona 4
    Ninguangg 4
    Noelle 3
    Qiqi 4
    Ei 5
    Razor 2
    Rosaria 1
    Kokomi 4
    Sayu 3
    Shenhe 0
    Heizou (still testing him -- but so far its on 3)
    Sucrose 4
    Childe -3
    Thoma 3
    Venti 4
    Xiangling 3 (she needs to be in good team to shine)
    Xiao 0
    Waterboy 4
    Xianyan -4
    Yae miko 4 (may change to 5 with dendo)
    Yanfei 3
    Yelan 5
    Yomiya 0
    Yun Yin 3
    Zhongli 0
    Colleli (she will probaly be 4)
    Dori (probaly 2 maybe 3)
    Tighnari (depends on rotation)

It realy depends on what you build. Some characters are simply stronger than others, so it fells like a waste of resorces.
    It just doesn't matter, though. It's not WoW where you're competing for a raid slot, or have an obligation to do X amount of DPS to contribute to a group.

If someone really wants to build Lisa/Kaeya/Xinyan physical DPS team then go for it. It'll be fine. You'll kill everything without issue. (Barring weird elemental situations)

The only caveat being that a player should at least know what they're doing before going in hard on any team. Naturally we don't want to tell new players that all characters are equal or something, but trying to tell people that characters are "useless" or something is also silly.

Also mean reason i dont recomend lvling starting characters are their constelations are locked behind standard banner (wich is trash) and stardust every shop reset (no but seriosly, its better to just use this to get closer to pity on banner you want).

I will list every character and give them a rank 1-5 star, but only those i own. It will be 0 star if i dont have it:
    (if you see negative stars, dont use this)

Albedo 0
    Aloy -5
    Amber 1
    Itto 0
    Barbara 3
    Beidou 3
    Bennet 5
    Chungyun 1
    Diluc 3
    Diona 5
    Eula 4
    Fischl 3
    Ganyu 5
    Gorou 2
    Hu tao 5* (has to be c1 at least for 5, less due to charge attack)
    Jean 4
    Kazuha 0
    Kaeya -1
    Ayaka 4
    Ayato 0
    Keqing 0
    Klee 3
    Sara 1
    Kuki 0
    Lisa -2
    Mona 4
    Ninguangg 4
    Noelle 3
    Qiqi 4
    Ei 5
    Razor 2
    Rosaria 1
    Kokomi 4
    Sayu 3
    Shenhe 0
    Heizou (still testing him -- but so far its on 3)
    Sucrose 4
    Childe -3
    Thoma 3
    Venti 4
    Xiangling 3 (she needs to be in good team to shine)
    Xiao 0
    Waterboy 4
    Xianyan -4
    Yae miko 4 (may change to 5 with dendo)
    Yanfei 3
    Yelan 5
    Yomiya 0
    Yun Yin 3
    Zhongli 0
    Colleli (she will probaly be 4)
    Dori (probaly 2 maybe 3)
    Tighnari (depends on rotation)
    Zhongli 5
    Kazuha 5
    Itto 4
    Keqing 3
    Shenhe 4 (for Ganyu and Ayaka)
    and Ayaka is 5
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

[video=youtube;s7oOcgchJXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7oOcgchJXk&lc=UgwlHoDKfQuPx9e5yYp4AaABAg[video]

Seems like it has the same problem as pretty much every other anime game. Characters look soulless with the same limited template of anime personalities they seem to restrict themselves to for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Seems like it has the same problem as pretty much every other anime game. Characters look soulless with the same limited template of anime personalities they seem to restrict themselves to for whatever reason.
    Not much unlike a certain other game, eh?

10+ Year Old Account

I thought I'd try and get some Heizou cons but I got NINE ningguangs instead.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Not much unlike a certain other game, eh?
    Nothing new. But at least you can create your clone of character you like.

Anyway, time to convince people to start saving:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I thought I'd try and get some Heizou cons but I got NINE ningguangs instead.
    Auc.... Mine is C2 btw.

Nothing new. But at least you can create your clone of character you like.

Anyway, time to convince people to start saving:
    Sat on 44k primo atm. Tempted to push for Kazuha C2 but I really want a strong off field Dendro applicator for Raiden Shogun comps.

If that doesn't materialise then I'll probably go hard on a C2 Yelan with signature bow. Loving her in Hu Tao, Yelan, Xingqiu, Zhongli faceroll comp and it would be nice to see some silly numbers from her.

I always convert my primogems into wishes stones, since I never use them for the permanent banner anyway, it's better to "lock" them into the right stones, and you see way better how many pull you have than try to convert 44K primo with a division by 160 :$