Thread: Genshin Impact

  1. #11161
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Good thing yanderex exists lol:
    lmao no cutting grass attachable

  2. #11162
    Waiting til 3.4 for Alhaitham is going to suck especially since Scaramouche will probably eat all my wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  3. #11163
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    12,039


    I dont know why this character reminds me of a canari bird.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Waiting til 3.4 for Alhaitham is going to suck especially since Scaramouche will probably eat all my wishes.
    He could just end up being a grass type Childe (wich is un-fun to play).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  4. #11164
    Fluffy Kitten Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    19,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

    I dont know why this character reminds me of a canari bird.
    He's a chocobo.

  5. #11165
    Is Jean any good? Just lost my 50/50 for komoki after being deep into pity

    Feelsbadman
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  6. #11166
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Is Jean any good? Just lost my 50/50 for komoki after being deep into pity

    Feelsbadman
    She's not bad. Her healing is on par with Kokomi, but she's not great at swirling, so she can't really replace any anemo sub. She's very good for beginners and in exploration, though, you can yeet mobs around for more damage than you may be doing with your actual DPS characters. Has very thicc behind, which is a metric as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

  7. #11167
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Oh boy, yet another side-game I'd have to spend hundreds of hours to get the actual fun experience out of like the serenitea pot. So hyped...

    I'm fine with them adding side-activities, but they also need to not require as much or more time than the actual main game itself to get fulfillment out of. However the card game shakes out, just let me either toss mora at it to circumvent the grind or just have no grind at all and let it be free play like using unlimited money code in the sims or something.
    Oh boy. I have to play the game. oof...

  8. #11168
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    She's not bad. Her healing is on par with Kokomi, but she's not great at swirling, so she can't really replace any anemo sub. She's very good for beginners and in exploration, though, you can yeet mobs around for more damage than you may be doing with your actual DPS characters. Has very thicc behind, which is a metric as well.
    Haha cheers. Thinking she might be better than c6 diona. I'm running tighnari as main dps/dendro apply/c5 fischl/c4 sucrose/ c6 diona. So she would be replacing c6 diona
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  9. #11169
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Haha cheers. Thinking she might be better than c6 diona. I'm running tighnari as main dps/dendro apply/c5 fischl/c4 sucrose/ c6 diona. So she would be replacing c6 diona
    Jean is probably better than Diona in this team, having Diona is actually hampering you because she WILL be removing electro from mobs with both her shield and ult, and without electro your Tighnari does less damage (unless you just pop the shield before a fight and don't have to use ult, then it doesn't matter). Dori would probably be ideal, Kuki would be fine, you could also just use Barbara for heals without investing much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

  10. #11170
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Jean is probably better than Diona in this team, having Diona is actually hampering you because she WILL be removing electro from mobs with both her shield and ult, and without electro your Tighnari does less damage (unless you just pop the shield before a fight and don't have to use ult, then it doesn't matter). Dori would probably be ideal, Kuki would be fine, you could also just use Barbara for heals without investing much.
    Ohok, I mostly just had diona for heal factor in dungeons because i have favorius warbow and being c6 I thought the ele mastery buff might be nice. But interesting to hear her shield is cancelling out electro, as fischl is by far most of my damage combined with tighnari's charged attack.

    I have c0 kuki and barbara also
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-09-23 at 08:10 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  11. #11171
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Oh boy. I have to play the game. oof...
    No, playing the game would be having access to the exact deck I want so I can use it to play the activity. What you're describing is having to do work to be able to play the game. Something genshin already has an over-abundance of.

  12. #11172
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    No, playing the game would be having access to the exact deck I want so I can use it to play the activity. What you're describing is having to do work to be able to play the game. Something genshin already has an over-abundance of.
    You literally just described every game ever. Wanna catch the legendary in pokemon? Gotta go through the story first. Want certain gear in WoW? Gotta get through the levels and raid first. Genshin is no different. Its a game. Not everything you want is available right at the start. If it was, what motivation is there to play or see if you even like it? People would just get the most OP thing at the start, plow through all content and then be like "well, this is boring".
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  13. #11173
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    You literally just described every game ever.
    No, not even by a long shot.

    Have people been so indoctrinated by grinds and gating that they forgot how many games are just about loading it up and playing?

  14. #11174
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    No, not even by a long shot.

    Have people been so indoctrinated by grinds and gating that they forgot how many games are just about loading it up and playing?
    I've played games since I was a kid. Even the classic Megaman games and Meteroid games had some form of progression and gating. Genshin isn't odd in that sense. As for a debate as to if any game will hand you Everything right away exists, well, thats for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  15. #11175
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    No, not even by a long shot.

    Have people been so indoctrinated by grinds and gating that they forgot how many games are just about loading it up and playing?
    It's not "every" game, but card games? Collecting cards is at least half of the gameplay. Gotta make the players chase the bunny. Especially when that card game is just a minigame within another. Imagine getting all Gwent cards in Witcher 3 right in the prologue, who would ever play Gwent then without other incentives? And it's very likely to be the same in Genshin. I just hope they implement it better than fishing, since it's really damn bad. Fishing gameplay itself isn't bad, but the rewards and the progression are just the dumbest ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

  16. #11176
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    12,039
    No codes from this stream:


    Mostly just chinese shitpost i would say.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  17. #11177
    Reckon they are gonna make cyno a bit OP so you can get a power creep going with new 5 stars? Plus the fact its a cool model/lore character so more people will want it
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  18. #11178
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Reckon they are gonna make cyno a bit OP so you can get a power creep going with new 5 stars? Plus the fact its a cool model/lore character so more people will want it
    5.1 5 stars are easy pass up to Dendro Archon for me and I really wish I didn't have to spend on her because I hate Loli's but Archons are meta defining and she's going to be the key to unlocking Dendro comps.

    Cyno is an especially easy pass for me since I have C3 Mistsplitter Keqing with cracked artifacts and I wouldn't go hard on Cyno untill I know how many Constellations Dendro Archon needs.

    As a new player I'd skip Nilou and Cyno, you won't be getting much out of them without very specific team comps and they won't unlock any teams for you.

  19. #11179
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Reckon they are gonna make cyno a bit OP so you can get a power creep going with new 5 stars? Plus the fact its a cool model/lore character so more people will want it
    He's not op at c0, so no powercreep there. As for powercreep with cons, it's happened before already. Eula, Yae Miko, Yelan.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    5.1 5 stars are easy pass up to Dendro Archon for me and I really wish I didn't have to spend on her because I hate Loli's but Archons are meta defining and she's going to be the key to unlocking Dendro comps.

    Cyno is an especially easy pass for me since I have C3 Mistsplitter Keqing with cracked artifacts and I wouldn't go hard on Cyno untill I know how many Constellations Dendro Archon needs.

    As a new player I'd skip Nilou and Cyno, you won't be getting much out of them without very specific team comps and they won't unlock any teams for you.
    Technically Nilou opens up a new comp, just not yet cuz there's no options as of now.

  20. #11180
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Technically Nilou opens up a new comp, just not yet cuz there's no options as of now.
    Yeah she does I guess, it's just it's Hydro/Dendro and I think the best comp at her release needs Xingqiu or Yelan which is always bad alongside a Hydro healer and either Collei or Dendro Traveller....it's narrow. I'd imagine it's pretty strong though so if you don't need a Vape team for your Abyss clears it's viable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •