Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by worgie View Post
    i'm genuinely having loads of fun, haven't spent any money yet. only started a few days ago mind you... it has been so long since i genuinely enjoyed myself in a game, at this moment with the world on fire and games being the same old same old, it was such a relaxing breath of fresh air to finally have fun in a game again.
    Agreed. Just wish I could enjoy it for longer stints of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Man floor 8 abyss was so much easier than 7. Kinda weird
    Yeah, I had that experience for a few floors.

Also, nice luck on dat 200 rolls! My wife would be happy to get that if she spent. She's worried to because of past gacha experiences, and she's also keen to get Zhongli whenever he becomes available, so she's saving everything for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Did not spend a dime on the game yet.
    I have noel, amber, lisa and qiqi(qiqi switches with mc for puzzles etc) and I am rank 38 and world rank is almost 5 with all statues upgraded to 10, 2 chars at level 70 , 2 weapons on level 70. 2 characters have full set of +16 artifacts.
    I will try chamber 5-1 tonight.

I am totally rocking stuff. If people are paying money at all, all the power to them.
    if you are whining about gatcha rates etc, stop whining about it. I do not have any 5 star characters except qiqi which I use only for a few seconds each fight.
    You do not need all those 5* characters or weapons. The game is absolutely doable as a free to play character. ABSOLUTELY.

if you cant;
    1- you are impatient.
    2- simply incompetent, wow lfr afk guy.

I am well aware if a person is whaling he can be rank 45-50 now (maybe? technically possible?), and have better weapons.
    well good fucking job you killed the boss 1 minute earlier than me. Should I be sad? nope.

That being said, just to support the game I am planning the monthly pack. Mihoyo delivered an amazing game and I would like to support them
    Its possible to hit 42 as free to play (but only if you started on day one).
    I didnt so i am 41 right now (used all reshin and moons, did dailys every day, every secret i could find) and also did a lot if gridding.

- - - Updated - - -

Facedesk:

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Facedesk:
    Sweet. Hitting level 50 may be possible for me yet despite the late start on the pass! That would ensure I get what I need to get klee
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Sweet. Hitting level 50 may be possible for me yet despite the late start on the pass! That would ensure I get what I need to get klee
    This depends. (wait you didnt notice typo)

Anyway i looted a legendary drop today on world boss, quicky switched to a free roll from battlepass and got a weapon (4 star).
    So maybe there is something with a theory.

Relic loot ---) instant opening wish part --) click on a wish button

Ok, so apparently reaching AR40 is a great spike in difficulty - so far i'm 32, cleared the main quest but have to do all the missing world quests and unlocking the stories around. So with stuff trickling down i think i'll be steadily leveling up.

Any tip for AR40 so i am not finding myself hunked and bashing my head at a wall? Right now all my main characters are lvl50, with lvl40 weapons.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, so apparently reaching AR40 is a great spike in difficulty - so far i'm 32, cleared the main quest but have to do all the missing world quests and unlocking the stories around. So with stuff trickling down i think i'll be steadily leveling up.

Any tip for AR40 so i am not finding myself hunked and bashing my head at a wall? Right now all my main characters are lvl50, with lvl40 weapons.
    Have a main DPS. Make sure they have the best gear you have available, the best suitable weapon for them at max possible level, max ascension they can be at, talents capped out... the works. They should get almost all your resources until they are completely capped out (don't farm artifact dungeons, though).

A lot of characters can fill this role, it just depends on your roster. But you want at least one character who is totally tricked out.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    Have a main DPS. Make sure they have the best gear you have available, the best suitable weapon for them at max possible level, max ascension they can be at, talents capped out... the works. They should get almost all your resources until they are completely capped out (don't farm artifact dungeons, though).

A lot of characters can fill this role, it just depends on your roster. But you want at least one character who is totally tricked out.
    Well, that was some counter-intuitive advice. The only "difficulty spike" at ar40 comes from the dungeons, so if you don't intend on farming them - no need to prepare, since there will be no spike.

And that spike comes solely from additional dungeon affix, which, if you can read, is not that big of a spike. Following on that, preparing just "a main dps" is also a terrible advice, since if you invest into a character that cannot do the dungeon you want - you are sol. Not many randoms would even consider carrying a character that kills himself all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Well, that was some counter-intuitive advice. The only "difficulty spike" at ar40 comes from the dungeons, so if you don't intend on farming them - no need to prepare, since there will be no spike.

And that spike comes solely from additional dungeon affix, which, if you can read, is not that big of a spike. Following on that, preparing just "a main dps" is also a terrible advice, since if you invest into a character that cannot do the dungeon you want - you are sol. Not many randoms would even consider carrying a character that kills himself all the time.
    Ok, happy to hear that. I've yet to step into dungeons actually other than the minimum required for upgrade weapons/characters. I'm saving resin for the important stuff, like wolf/stormterror weekly first, then character ascension stuff, then weapon ascension.

EDIT: i'm actually leveling main party all together, also planning to level up a second main dps (i'd like to get Klee - unsure if to spend 3000 gems on the banner) so if i have to deal with cryo-immune monsters i can swap easily (most for bosses, open world is a non-issue).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-10-26 at 10:35 AM.

Ok, happy to hear that. I've yet to step into dungeons actually other than the minimum required for upgrade weapons/characters. I'm saving resin for the important stuff, like wolf/stormterror weekly first, then character ascension stuff, then weapon ascension.

EDIT: i'm actually leveling main party all together, also planning to level up a second main dps (i'd like to get Klee - unsure if to spend 3000 gems on the banner) so if i have to deal with cryo-immune monsters i can swap easily (most for bosses, open world is a non-issue).
    There is a great tool in-game for guiding people who are new, or unsure what to do. The adventurer's book. Guides you to somewhat keep 3 characters with 3 weapons leveled. To pay attention to leveling artifacts, looking at sets, checking the rarity of those, going to bosses etc. A standard thing for gacha games, but not really utilized in other genres to that degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Mona quest gives you the last missing recepte for achivment. Downside is that you need crab for it. You can buy them from a fish vendor tho if you dont have enogh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    There is a great tool in-game for guiding people who are new, or unsure what to do. The adventurer's book. Guides you to somewhat keep 3 characters with 3 weapons leveled. To pay attention to leveling artifacts, looking at sets, checking the rarity of those, going to bosses etc. A standard thing for gacha games, but not really utilized in other genres to that degree.
    Yeah, i'm following that already - though some stuff like domains are not my priority - artifacts are the last thing i'm gonna focus on, since RNG there is heavy and stuff like talents and weapon/character upgrades are just flat increment to damage/healing/etc. This at least till 70, then i'll move to artifact farming.

I don't know if it's the most efficient path, but for me it's the most straightforward.

- - - Updated - - -

The new Mona quest gives you the last missing recepte for achivment. Downside is that you need crab for it. You can buy them from a fish vendor tho if you dont have enogh.
    Or you can go on the uncharted isle on the far right of the map and there is full of crabs. Went today for the hidden quest and got them all :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And also you get to see more of Klee. Which makes it a good quest

Caved in the greed and spent the primos i had....and got Klee!! In the end i love the spammy bomb playstyle. Had a nice weapon for her, leveled up to 50. Gonna farm some nice set of artifacts, Wanderer i suppose. Hope i can get some ATK stuff and not the usual def/mastery/hp% combo lol

What are some team combos you guys have fallen in love with (your go to one two punch)? I know it's pretty basic but dropping Amber's fire aoe and then following up with MC's tornado is fun to watch. Unfortunately getting those big elemental bursts to line up doesn't happen as often as I would like.

Would like to find some combos that use the smaller skills (it's the R2 trigger on the PS4) and not rely on the elemental bursts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    What are some team combos you guys have fallen in love with (your go to one two punch)? I know it's pretty basic but dropping Amber's fire aoe and then following up with MC's tornado is fun to watch. Unfortunately getting those big elemental bursts to line up doesn't happen as often as I would like.

Would like to find some combos that use the smaller skills (it's the R2 trigger on the PS4) and not rely on the elemental bursts.
    Xiangling's Gouba + Fischl's Oz. It's pretty good single target dps, and you can swap to a 3rd character to keep hammering if they don't have good weapons

Or, pretty much anything (Just make sure there's an elemental debuff, so could be Lisa normal attack, or Amber charged attack too) + traveler wind blade. Just hold it in and you can do pretty decent damage with that, plus spread the debuff to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Xiangling's Gouba + Fischl's Oz. It's pretty good single target dps, and you can swap to a 3rd character to keep hammering if they don't have good weapons

Or, pretty much anything (Just make sure there's an elemental debuff, so could be Lisa normal attack, or Amber charged attack too) + traveler wind blade. Just hold it in and you can do pretty decent damage with that, plus spread the debuff to everyone.
    Yeah, I have been using Oz a lot in my rotation. It's extra lightning damage that's on a quick cooldown. So it almost feels like it is up a majority of the fights. Plus Oz is basically drop and move on to other attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I have been using Oz a lot in my rotation. It's extra lightning damage that's on a quick cooldown. So it almost feels like it is up a majority of the fights. Plus Oz is basically drop and move on to other attacks.
    Yeah, if you weave in her other ability it's basically up like 80% of the time

Xiangling + Fischl + Jean

Xiangling and Fischl for the fire and forget elemental reactions and damage, with Jean helping with the "Swirl" reaction and her attacks heal, so it's just a constant stream of damage with some decent healing on the side. I have Barbara as my 4th just in case I really need healing, but Jean is fine for most stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Xiangling and Fischl for the fire and forget elemental reactions and damage, with Jean helping with the "Swirl" reaction and her attacks heal, so it's just a constant stream of damage with some decent healing on the side. I have Barbara as my 4th just in case I really need healing, but Jean is fine for most stuff.
    Yeah, I *really* need another healer. Later abyss is getting super painful with just 1..

But I really cannot justify spending more than I have on the game, so I'm stuck with just the free rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Yeah, I really need to get a second Fire user. All I have is Amber at the moment. And with her it's either use her charged shot attack (which takes too long to fire off, and I can't aim worth crap on the PS4) or her elemental burst which takes awhile to charge. It is especially noticeable when fighting the big shield guys and you have to burn that off to start doing damage.