Thread: Genshin Impact

I think the Marvelous Merchant went meta when I went to get my second box today. Especially when Paimon asked if his loot boxes were a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If it's so bad, then it's a self-correcting problem. If it remains profitable, then I guess it's not as bad as people claim.
    it "self correcting" does nothing for me when it's the IP I'm attached to. If the game dies, that doesn't get me what I want. Also, just because something is profitable doesn't mean it's praise-worthy or "not as bad as people claim."

I'm all for letting the free market do it's thing and rape the ignorant, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna speak out at every turn, especially when it's something I personally care about (in this case, it's the video game industry).

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I think the Marvelous Merchant went meta when I went to get my second box today. Especially when Paimon asked if his loot boxes were a scam.
    It's actually pretty funny they just toss it obviously in their fan's faces like that. At least they seem self-aware.

Interesting theory about the resin system I heard recently. Someone made a claim that the resin system, and the cap on refilling being 5 a day, is due to the laws in China saying games developed in China need anti addiction mechanics. Thus, forcing people off of the game to go do something else other then play a game. They are very strict about it, going so far as to instigate a gaming curfew for minors.

Funny enough, another law is why the bodies in genshin impact vanish almost instantly. Dead bodies and puddles of blood aren't allowed.

As for people saying "I have to spend money to do X". Someone has beaten abyssal spire, floor 10 stage 3, without ever once rolling in the gacha. You would Like to play as another character, but the challenging content is doable without them. They didn't even have a full party of 8 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    For some weird reason i cant even enter floor 8 (last one) and i cleared floor 7....

Do i need rank 45 or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you haven't gotten enough stars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Maybe you haven't gotten enough stars?
    Well i have no idea. Game doesnt even say how many you need. Floor 8 looks like a joke compared to 7 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i have no idea. Game doesnt even say how many you need. Floor 8 looks like a joke compared to 7 tho.
    Game tells you that you need 6/9 to progress and yes floor 8 is a joke.

For some weird reason i cant even enter floor 8 (last one) and i cleared floor 7....

Do i need rank 45 or something?
    You need 6 stars on floor 7

I bet you have 1 star or 0 star on Chamber 1 Floor 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I bet you have 1 star or 0 star on Chamber 1 Floor 7.
    Its 1/2/2.

Yeah, but i think i need to get my Barbara to 65 at least. Mobs have quite a resistance to lower lvl characters. And she is my only water character.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    yes, at least the 5* counter - not sure about the pity draw (180 draws = guaranteed banner character/weapon) though
    If you had 50 rolls and got no 5 star in the banner then your next banner pity will start on 50.
    Thanks! I was looking at the leaked footage of one of the new characters in 1.1? and he looks really cool

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a 20 min account lock if you change your password:

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess, if picking up your box yesterday from the event completely slipped your mind, you're SOL and will only get 6 boxes total correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Well, that was some counter-intuitive advice. The only "difficulty spike" at ar40 comes from the dungeons, so if you don't intend on farming them - no need to prepare, since there will be no spike.

And that spike comes solely from additional dungeon affix, which, if you can read, is not that big of a spike. Following on that, preparing just "a main dps" is also a terrible advice, since if you invest into a character that cannot do the dungeon you want - you are sol. Not many randoms would even consider carrying a character that kills himself all the time.
    It does get tougher. Maybe it didn't for you, but a lot of the people I play with felt the increase in world level. Having a main character is pretty good advice. I'd rather have one strong unit than two mediocre ones, and most people would tell you the same. That's not to say that you totally disregard every other character (I have at least one character who gets the scraps), but a focused approach has given me extremely good results.

I can do literally every single dungeon with my main DPS. Make sure you research and test the character before investing, but it went very well for me. And no, it wasn't a 5*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let me guess, if picking up your box yesterday from the event completely slipped your mind, you're SOL and will only get 6 boxes total correct?
    Nope. You could theoretically get all 7 on the last day, should you wish.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    Oh thank fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe as long as you found the guy and handed over the items, you can pick up to boxes at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    I imagine the supply requests will get more difficult as the event goes on. Yesterday (for me) was pine cones. And the day before that was mushrooms (iirc) So far pretty basic and easy to get. I can't believe that will last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I believe as long as you found the guy and handed over the items, you can pick up to boxes at any time.
    Well so I didn't hand in anything yesterday because I forgot to go talk to the guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well so I didn't hand in anything yesterday because I forgot to go talk to the guy.
    Then you may have missed out. Next time you find and talk to him, select the option to open the boxes and it will list how many unopened you have at the bottom. For me, I have done both turn ins but have yet to open any so it says I have two available at the bottom.

Unrelated question - only way to get the weapons prototypes are the weekly bosses, right? Just to make sure i'm doing things in the right order.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.