Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Does she say "solve the mystery" too?
    All I know is that 56*77* -> 7 7 = qi qi :3
    nope she says nothing like that but it is just soo random to mutter some numbers out of no where

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    nope she says nothing like that but it is just soo random to mutter some numbers out of no where
    Ah okay, I thought she challenged you to solve it.

7 means Qi in chinese. I kinda expect it be about the chinese meaning of numbers or something related to it.
    The game is chinese after all and so is the lip-sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    ok guys Qiqi is definitely saying these numbers during her idle talk; (japanese voice over, cannot stand English voice acting, no offense)
    7234 7234 5677 5677
    nana-ni-san-yon
    nana-ni-san-yon
    go-roku-nana-nana
    go-roku-nana-nana
    solve the mystery.

Numbers Mason! Numbers! what are they!?!?
    Her name is Qiqi - which is literally "seven-seven" in chinese. If you go to her ingame profile with the voice lines, the description text for it under "Chat - Training" is "One, two, three, four. Two, two, three, four...". She is more then likely just doing some odd counting game to her name.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2020-10-06 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am enjoying this game more than I thought I would. There are a few small things that annoy me however. First, the game always defaults back to keyboard and mouse so I have to swap it back to controller every time I long in.

That one is pretty minor. The second is way more annoying. Namely the fact that jump and the glider are the same button. I cannot count how many times I have jumped and I guess I either hit the jump button again too fast or not fast enough but either way, the glider doesn't open and I just fall to the ground. And since you cannot rebind keys for controller as of yet, I don't think I can change this.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is trash.

FYI at AR25 you can upgrade your character's talents, the game doesn't really explain this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I know you can switch but right now it is just wind and geo i believe. I tried geo on them and i personally think the abilities are ass for them.
    Agreed, but depending on which characters you have, the MC using Geo has the fastest cooldown on the elemental ability so it's handy for some of the puzzles, plus there are a couple puzzles that outright require the MC to be geo because there's either multiple weight pads (circles you have to stand on to activate) or there's one under water that you can't activate while floating.

MC and Noelle are the only Geo characters I have, MC is also the only Anemo character I have.

Been pretty unlucky with my character pulls, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    FYI at AR25 you can upgrade your character's talents, the game doesn't really explain this.
    To be more specific, when you ascend your characters for the second time (available at AR25) you can upgrade their starting talents once each. Then you can again I think at 4th ascension or something (and presumably a bit more later).

Got some images from the 1.1 test server over on the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp.../11_test_info/.

You can find translations in the comments. Sounds like we are getting some nice QoL items coming our way.

I just got to play as Klee due to her story mission @ AR32.

That girl is adorable. especially the walk and sprint animation
    And when she dashes she eithers says La-la-la in a fine tone or "Da-da-da" in a dramatic tone.

I kinda want her just for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Got some images from the 1.1 test server over on the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp.../11_test_info/.

You can find translations in the comments. Sounds like we are getting some nice QoL items coming our way.
    Oculus' finders was one of my big wants. I just finished getting all the Anemo ones yesterday and it was one of the worst 2 hours of my life tracking down the missing 5...

I'd even settle for a toggleable symbol on the map that shows the ones you've gotten kinda like koroks in BotW

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the picture, but anyone else think that Paimon is the goddess who separated the PC from their sibling? the resemblance is uncanny
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

For a free game, it has a stellar artstyle and is very well polished. That said, I think it's not my cup of tea. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not a JRPG though. It looks great but the story I want in my games is just not there. Also sucks that you can't really play with other people (unless you play for 8-10 hours and even then you have very limited multiplayer) or a party of AI members, though that might be added later on. Wish that the environment was more detailed. You can retain the chunky, flat cel shaded artstyle and still have detail (looks at the Atelier and Trails of Cold Steel games).

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why are there playable male characters??? Does anyone actually play them?
    Dilluc has a great character design. Would play him if I got him. Wolf boy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    BOTW has a massively deep and largely unstated lore, tying in most other Zelda games in some way or another.
    Huh? I found BoTW to have incredibly barebones lore. I had hardly any idea what the story was about besides "go to all the towers then kill evil at the castle". This game actually has NPCs and intract settlements that give you a sense of some sort of setting and history.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Just started today don't quite get the party system. 4 toons but you can only have one out at a time and you can be playing one and have that same character as a npc to talk to for a quest is odd.
    I'm guessing that they didn't program party member AI. Takes time to make it comprehensive enough to be truly helpful and not get caught on stuff, and time playtesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Um, all of them? They all have prepubescent builds.

She looks legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I don't have the picture, but anyone else think that Paimon is the goddess who separated the PC from their sibling? the resemblance is uncanny
    Not even close, they don't even have the same eye color...

...Also everyone knows Paimon is food.

Interesting that the church in Genshin Impact seems to be modeled after the Orthodox Church in that they have female religious leaders and the priests can marry (whereas your typical Church in Japanese fiction tends to be based off of the Catholic Church and most of the time the author seems to be oblivious to the fact that priests and nuns aren't supposed to marry)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Huh? I found BoTW to have incredibly barebones lore. I had hardly any idea what the story was about besides "go to all the towers then kill evil at the castle". This game actually has NPCs and intract settlements that give you a sense of some sort of setting and history.
    The thing about BotW is that its lore isn't pushed in your face. But nearly everything in the game is referential to the legacy of every other Zelda game, or to its own greater story (which BotW itself doesn't finish telling, either). Locations are often references to past lore, either in name or in how they're displayed.

The overt lore in the game handles the last 100 years, more or less. The time 100 years ago, when the Champions tried and failed to take down Calamity Ganon, and the current time of the game. But then there's the last 10,000 years of history the game clearly relies upon, with multiple architectural styles used consistently to demonstrate eras and peoples even through ruins. And then there's the tens of thousands of years before even that, including the other Zelda games and timelines. All the way back to the origin of the series, with Skyward Sword, and the demon Demise.

That the game tells these stories through architecture and geography and artifacts as much, or more, than straight dialogue dumps, is to the game's strength.

Even just the surface lore of the last 100 years is at least as deep as what you're getting in Genshin Impact. The deeper stuff, though, this game lacks. Not surprising, since it's a new IP, and BotW is built on the backs of multiple games in a timeline centrally focused on cyclical metaphors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lore and Mainstory is not even remotely the same, not sure why you would mix these two things together in your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I double dare you to speak ill of Paimon again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Lore and Mainstory is not even remotely the same, not sure why you would mix these two things together in your statement.
    Okay.

I know very little of what was going on in BOTW. Link was a hero, went to sleep. His kingdom was destroyed. He woke up 100 years later. He's on a quest to go to the towers and the fight evil in the castle. I didn't really know anything else. I don't feel attached to any of the characters or invested in what's going on. All I know is that my weapons keep breaking, and I'm raiding bandit camps to farm more weapons that break so I can farm more bandit camps to get more weapons that break...

Here in Genshin Impact, there are two different towns and a village. They feel like different places with a little bit different culture. There is the Church of Anemos, which is interesting in that it is seems to be explicitly modeled after the Orthodox Church in that they have female religious leaders and the priests can marry (whereas your typical Church in Japanese fiction tends to be based off of the Catholic Church and most of the time the author seems to be oblivious to the fact that priests and nuns aren't supposed to marry). The characters have preestablished backstories, and some actual personality. For example, Dilluc is a George Washington-esque character in that he's the local respected rich dude who runs an alcohol industry and has a ton of money and helps out the community. There seems to be a Greek-esque war between gods. I generally like these people and want to help out, and I have vague idea of the history and culture of this land. The gameplay is sorta fun and I want to know what happens next and see more of the world.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-10-06 at 06:23 PM.

I keep pulling Barbara and its annoying when I want someone else lol. Thankfully, she is a really nice healer, so there's that. Also, after reading reddit for some time on breaks about the game, it doesn't surprise me that their adding more QoL features. A lot of things have been suggested that people said they did add in their other game. I think genshin impact will just get better. After all, they have the huge launch success to live up to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Just started today don't quite get the party system. 4 toons but you can only have one out at a time and you can be playing one and have that same character as a npc to talk to for a quest is odd.

Never been a fan of use x to dbuf then switch to y for pewpew. I like to focus on one character and I'm already not interested in the main guy at all.
    That's basically the premise. Have 4 characters and swap between them in combat to utilize their abilities. Like I have a healer in my group. So I would swap to her, use her abilities that heal, than go back to dps. Or I would swap to my shield character, pop the shield up, then go back to dps. The combat is heavy about utilizing the abilities together with synergy. I'm sure you could focus on one character, but if they get beaten, you should have some capable back ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?