Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Okay.

I know very little of what was going on in BOTW. Link was a hero, went to sleep. His kingdom was destroyed. He woke up 100 years later. He's on a quest to go to the towers and the fight evil in the castle. I didn't really know anything else. I don't feel attached to any of the characters or invested in what's going on. All I know is that my weapons keep breaking, and I'm raiding bandit camps to farm more weapons that break so I can farm more bandit camps to get more weapons that break...

Here in Genshin Impact, there are two different towns and a village. They feel like different places with a little bit different culture. There is the Church of Anemos, which is interesting in that it is seems to be explicitly modeled after the Orthodox Church in that they have female religious leaders and the priests can marry (whereas your typical Church in Japanese fiction tends to be based off of the Catholic Church and most of the time the author seems to be oblivious to the fact that priests and nuns aren't supposed to marry). The characters have preestablished backstories, and some actual personality. For example, Dilluc is a George Washington-esque character in that he's the local respected rich dude who runs an alcohol industry and has a ton of money and helps out the community. There seems to be a Greek-esque war between gods. I generally like these people and want to help out, and I have vague idea of the history and culture of this land. The gameplay is sorta fun and I want to know what happens next and see more of the world.
    I don't believe you actually played much of BotW.

There's multiple towns in BotW, all as filled with NPCs as, say, Monstadt. All significantly different from each other, moreso than in Genshin Impact even, since most towns are populated by a unique race in BotW (not all; Hylians have a couple towns, and Tarrey Town is a melting pot). The characters in BotW have as much personality as any in Genshin Impact. I seriously doubt you even got off the Great Plateau if you did play the game, and that's basically just a tutorial area.

You get so much lore dumped on you, about the Age of Calamity and what's going on today, in BotW. People are constantly talking to you about events from both times, and that's over and above the CGI story setpieces.

You couldn't have missed this if you'd spent much time with the game. So I doubt you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing it since launch and I got to say that I'm pleasantly surprised how fun and unrestricted the game is, despite being a free-to-play gacha game. I was expecting to play for only a few days then uninstall, but I'm finding myself spending hours each day simply exploring the map and doing quests with no end in sight.

I only really have 2 gripes with the game, the menus and the vertical camera sensitivity; it feels way to sluggish compared to horizontal sensitivity. I feel like I have to do like 4+ full mouse scrolls to go from looking up to down, which can make navigating and exploring a real chore, especially in Liyue with all of it's cliffs and hills. As for the menus, I dislike how clunky the artifact equip menu is and how difficult it is to at a glance compare items across characters and in your inventory. Swapping out the little chest icon with the characters face to show who has what item equipped and supporting mouse over tooltips would greatly help.

Really wish teams consisted of another person, so much shit in the world requires Amber like stormstones, torches, frost plants, etc.. but while I like her there are others I prefer playing in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I swear it is like these games can somehow read minds. It knows exactly what characters I want and then gives me every character except those...

I got to rank 7 (yes, I play slow) and used the second of the promo 10-pack thing. All I want is Beidou and/or Mona but no, I got Keqing, Xingqiu, and Sucrose all in the same set.

Now that I am out of that promo, should I be buying the one with the increased chance for Venti, just the regular character one, or maybe save until the next promo? I am new to the whole Gatcha thing so not sure what would be ideal especially since I don't plan on spending very much money, if any.
    I love Beidou and Mona. Beware though if you do get Beidou all her upgrade stuff is in the next "zone" so if you don't explore she might be stuck at lvl 20 while your others are working on the 21-40 levels.

Venti is great just for his skill alone. If you hold it you will get boosted into the air so you can glide. I used it to get on top of the winery instead of running a mile away and gliding off a cliff to get the thing on top of it. If you don't want to spend too much money he's probably the best "fail" pull you can get plus He's an actual god.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-10-06 at 09:26 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish instead of switch system it's an actual party controlled by AI unless you control them like in Inotia 3 and Inotia 4

man I wish Inotia 3 gets a remaster it was so ahead of its time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Not even close, they don't even have the same eye color...

...Also everyone knows Paimon is food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I double dare you to speak ill of Paimon again!

- - - Updated - - -

Paimon is literally a devil name, that alone is a red flag
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I kinda wish instead of switch system it's an actual party controlled by AI unless you control them like in Inotia 3 and Inotia 4

man I wish Inotia 3 gets a remaster it was so ahead of its time

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Paimon is literally a devil name, that alone is a red flag
    Maybe she is only related or possessed somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell do i turn off gamepad vibrations??? I play on m+kb and the controller makes a lot of unwanted noise on my desk
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    How the hell do i turn off gamepad vibrations??? I play on m+kb and the controller makes a lot of unwanted noise on my desk
    Turn it off or remove the batteries lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to feel really betrayed if Paimon turns out to be bad.

Game is really fun. I'm only at Adventure level 9. Did all the things on the map and explored a lot. Finding it's getting hard to earn enough mora to keep upgrading my characters and weapons.

I must say that as someone who rarely plays something other than wow (my last online games alternatives were GW2 for a couple months and NWO ) i do enjoy this game :P i have zero clue what im doing ^^ if im doing it right or if i have fucked up hard so far but i have fun ^^

Im 100 percent for anything that allows us to ditch Paimon.

Is this game for real? People actually say good things about it and its free, available also for PC

To me its a blatant BotW ripoff and noone seems to notice it

Is this game SAFE or will my PC get corona upon downloading???
    That's quite the flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Game is really fun. I'm only at Adventure level 9. Did all the things on the map and explored a lot. Finding it's getting hard to earn enough mora to keep upgrading my characters and weapons.
    Don't worry, that changes. I have more Mora than I know what to do with, but I'm also not min/maxing every character constantly.

Wandering through the country side as I go from objective to objective and picking up literally every treasure chest i see while completing the daily objectives gives me PLENTY of money and items to feed into the ones I actually have equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Im 100 percent for anything that allows us to ditch Paimon.
    Maybe Paimon turns into this:

If you dont get it:
    She becomes evil at end if you dont get it. Or we find out she is just there to spy for her god - the one that steals your powers.

Anyway i hit world Rank 2 and now i start to have cash problems. Since to have a good party you need earth, fire, water, ice, electic and wind in all characters to be able to do some dungeons with less pain in ass. (1 of each)

Good thing this game has at least a previev of next materials you need to upgrade character rank and weapon. Oh and some weapons that you get from suprise mehanics, are total garbage. Spear that makes more damage against slimes for example:
    https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Tassel
    Last edited by Yunru; 2020-10-06 at 10:28 PM.

Here's a tip don't try and level up all your characters, pick a team and focus on them that way you should always have enough resources to level them up. Also make quests a priority, they have great rewards and often unlock things.

15+ Year Old Account
    If paimon is the final boss that lead us to mess everything up that would be so cool

10+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely loving this game, but my only problem with the gacha system is the Constellation system that's in place. I mean, being able to do something with your duplicate pulls is nice, but some of those Constellations are really nice...

Outside of that, though, the number of free pulls that you get is really good. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the world as it releases. This next 1.1 patch looks to have a nice alternative to Diluc.

My current team is Keqing, Fischl, Qiqi, and Diluc. Everything just falls over dead, it's great. At AR 27 and working on the Liyue story.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2020-10-06 at 10:59 PM.

I am having problems with finding quests. I do commissions, 4 of them then return to adventure guild. I want to see more daily quests but I cannot find them. If by some random chance they appear in the town sure, I do. But for the rest of daily quests that are all spread out on the world, I have no idea which one is where.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I am absolutely loving this game, but my only problem with the gacha system is the Constellation system that's in place. I mean, being able to do something with your duplicate pulls is nice, but some of those Constellations are really nice...

Outside of that, though, the number of free pulls that you get is really good. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the world as it releases. This next 1.1 patch looks to have a nice alternative to Diluc.

My current team is Keqing, Fischl, Qiqi, and Diluc. Everything just falls over dead, it's great. At AR 27 and working on the Liyue story.
    holy hell 3 5* you are lucky!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Don't worry, that changes. I have more Mora than I know what to do with, but I'm also not min/maxing every character constantly.

Wandering through the country side as I go from objective to objective and picking up literally every treasure chest i see while completing the daily objectives gives me PLENTY of money and items to feed into the ones I actually have equipped.
    I don't really have any dailys open yet I should get to 12 or 13 tonight after work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Here's a tip don't try and level up all your characters, pick a team and focus on them that way you should always have enough resources to level them up. Also make quests a priority, they have great rewards and often unlock things.
    I've just about fully cleared the first areas Mondstadt I think it's called. Might have a few treasures missed but I'm running out of stuff to do. Have only found 2 or 3 side quests. Not sure how many there are in the first area. My brother has played a lot more than I have and he says a lot more stuff opens up for me soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I am having problems with finding quests. I do commissions, 4 of them then return to adventure guild. I want to see more daily quests but I cannot find them. If by some random chance they appear in the town sure, I do. But for the rest of daily quests that are all spread out on the world, I have no idea which one is where.
    Yeah I'd like to know about this too. I wish they were marked on the map.

I don't really have any dailys open yet I should get to 12 or 13 tonight after work.

I've just about fully cleared the first areas Mondstadt I think it's called. Might have a few treasures missed but I'm running out of stuff to do. Have only found 2 or 3 side quests. Not sure how many there are in the first area. My brother has played a lot more than I have and he says a lot more stuff opens up for me soon.

Yeah I'd like to know about this too. I wish they were marked on the map.
    Yeah the game is very exploration heavy. I just wandered around unlocking all the teleport points, finding random quests (the blue "!"), doing the random events or puzzles requiring you to find the mechanisms, kill the enemies, follow the wisps, etc... to unlock every chest I can find. This gives money, xp, items, and Primogems.

As you level up you automatically are given story quests for different things, not just the main story, so be sure to do those as well.