Thread: Genshin Impact

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Arbitrary or not, they set the values for both the cost and the number of gems you can earn in game and are choosing to give away ~$50-75 worth of stuff to players who simply play the game.

~$50-75 is not an insignificant amount is all I'm saying.
    It's a trap to think like that. I don't know if you're new to gacha or you just drank the kool-aid, but decide for yourself what $50 is worth. For the cost of maybe getting one character in this game, you could buy a fully featured AAA game like Cyberpunk 2077 or whatever else you fancy.

Yes, this game gives you a lot for free. That doesn't mean the monetization is anywhere close to reasonable by any metric outside of gacha games, and even amongst gacha games this has some of the worst rates for the price. 0.6% is literally the lowest I've seen for max rarity in any gacha. And to actually max a character you need additional copies.

Lame when you upgrade the travelers talents it only upgrades them for that specific element and the required books change based on their element.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Lame when you upgrade the travelers talents it only upgrades them for that specific element and the required books change based on their element.
    real shit ???? guess I'm staying Wind
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

My biggest beefs with Genshin Impact thus far:

• Inadaquate user settings. Can't use both mouse and keyboard AND controller at the same time. Can't rebind keybinds or remap controller buttons, can't set multiple keybinds for the same thing, etc.
    • Menu system could use some QoL. I'd like to be able to press M again to close the map, rather than having to reach over and hit ESC.
    • No AoE loot button. I have stand over a chest and spam F over and over again, and there is a delay after picking up an item before you can pick up another item.
    • Can't swap MC gender (come on, Granblue Fantasy let me do this at will).

The above stuff can be fixed in time. Feels like the game was shoved out the door before it could be polished enough.

• The combat is... okay. I don't like being chained stunned over and over again. The combat encounters feel a lot better when you have a friend, but there are hardly any incentives to co-op.
    • The open world gameplay gets stale after a few hours. Run five feet, Chilihurl camp, open chest. Run five feet, follow blue ghost to torch stand, open chest. Run five feet, jump up to get anemos point. Run five feet, chilihurl camp.
    • The environments become samey. It is very difficult for me to discern where I am in the world without consulting a map.

The above are more fundamental problems with how the game is currently designed. Old content will probably remain crappy as is, but new content can be better if they take the lessons to heart. Everything up until now has been tolerable, but there is no getting past the next two problems...

• Terrible gacha rates and pity mechanic.
    • Mandatory grind and timegating. After finishing a segment of the story, you have to stop and grind up to an arbitrary adventurer rank to begin the next story quest. At a certain point, finishing all of the available sidequests doesn't give you the exp needed to begin the next quest, so you have to wait for your resin to accumulate to spend it on your dailies to get AR exp. This game does not respect my time.

Genshin Impact is in a weird place. If you want a 3D action game for your phone, then Genshin is probably the best you're going to get... but if you're playing a 3D action game, wouldn't you rather want to play it on a console or at home for the best experience? With surround sound or earphones to enjoy the music and sound suite (rather than trying to hear through muffled phone speakers), and see the game on a large monitor or TV screen so you can admire the details, without your big fat grimy fingers obstructing the view? Except if you're going to play a 3D action game or an anime JRPG on your console or computer, there are better games that fulfill each role better than Genshin.

If you want a great phone game, you will get a better experience just dropping money on KotoR or Final Fantasy Tactics or Jet Cars Stunts 2.

If you want an anime JRPG, you will get a better experience just dropping money on a game with better presentation, such as Trails, or Final Fantasy, or Atelier.

If you want a 3D action game, you will get a better experience playing Warframe, or dropping money on Tokyo Xanadu, Zwei, Ys, Nier Automata, or Diablo 3.

If you want an online anime RPG with long term progression goals to work towards, FFXIV has you covered, and it actually respects your time.

If you want a gacha game that can be played on your phone where you collect characters with cool character designs, with a story thrown on top connecting everything together, and some optional gameplay you can get into to on the side, Granblue Fantasy is your game. There are no roadblocks when playing through the story, no timegating whatsoever. They throw dozens and dozens of characters at you for free during the Christmas/Anniversary/Summer events. The gacha rates are really good, and the pity mechanic is actually well implemented, meaning you can easily get what you want. And the game actually respects your time.

Right now, the the only thing keeping me here is the story, and I'm not sure I'll stick around given the daily chores requires to meet the AR requirements to advance the story. The mandatory grind and timegating is already pretty bad. Also depends on whether or not the writing and the presentation of the story improves. I doubt that the rest of the vanilla content is much better than what I am already seeing, and it will be months before the content designers can use the lessons they've learned and player feedback to design and release better content, but the timegating and grinding is a huge barrier to sticking around long enough to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    That's totally fine. I actually hoarded everything you can from the events plus the 2 zones we have for clear and all in all they re enough to guarantee you a pitty factor on the event banner. However this was from getting 30/90 rolls for free which I m pretty sure wont be a recurring theme knowing most gachas. When the 3rd zone comes out I expect clearing everything to net you close to 2 maybe 3 multies which is kinda meh.
    Since the drop rate on a 5* is 0.6%, if clearing an entire zone only gives you 20-30 rolls... then... lol. I really hope they change drop rates on pyrogems or something.. Because if a 5+ is a 0.6%, it could take hundreds of wishes to get a single 5* and that isn't even counting if you get the right one and needing to get 6 copies of them for constellations...

I got lucky since I got Venti, Jean, and Fischl within my first 3 free 10 pack rolls. But now the only pyro character I have is Amber.. and her elemental burst ability is useless.

One major thing this game needs is an option to mute volume when it's not in focus. Most games seem to have that option. I don't want Venti's harp and wind sounds to play randomly while watching a video. Yes, I could lower the volume in the game every time I do something else, but why not just have that option?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-10 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's a trap to think like that. I don't know if you're new to gacha or you just drank the kool-aid, but decide for yourself what $50 is worth. For the cost of maybe getting one character in this game, you could buy a fully featured AAA game like Cyberpunk 2077 or whatever else you fancy.

Yes, this game gives you a lot for free. That doesn't mean the monetization is anywhere close to reasonable by any metric outside of gacha games, and even amongst gacha games this has some of the worst rates for the price. 0.6% is literally the lowest I've seen for max rarity in any gacha. And to actually max a character you need additional copies.
    None of what you're saying is news to me and nowhere have I ever said that the monetization or pricing was good or even fine, I just said that ~$50-75 worth of free stuff is pretty good.

3+ Year Old Account
    man I wish there was a manual climb button instead of having to find the right place to climb up, and instead of randomly latching over walls when I never ask for it

- - - Updated - - -

but still, this is already one of the two decent mobile games I played - the other being Sky Children of Light
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    None of what you're saying is news to me and nowhere have I ever said that the monetization or pricing was good or even fine, I just said that ~$50-75 worth of free stuff is pretty good.
    It's only "worth" $50-75 because their pricing is ridiculous. It's the classic free samples marketing. Give em scraps and then hook up with the big purchase once they get their feet wet. Or drugs. First one's on the house. The next one? That'll be $50. In fact, drugs are probably more affordable than this game. How much money would it cost to get a 6 constellation Venti?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-10 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Since the drop rate on a 5* is 0.6%, if clearing an entire zone only gives you 20-30 rolls... then... lol. I really hope they change drop rates on pyrogems or something.. Because if a 5+ is a 0.6%, it could take hundreds of wishes to get a single 5* and that isn't even counting if you get the right one and needing to get 6 copies of them for constellations...
    hundread rolls to fill the constellations, but the 5* pity is at the 90th, close enough for each 5*, Igot Jean on the Venti banner really close to 90, just short 2 or 3 rolls from the pity, but I won't have enough primogems for another set... I'm still using the primogems on that banner because it doesn't have 5* weapons and I already have enough problems to up those 4* I have.

I got lucky since I got Venti, Jean, and Fischl within my first 3 free 10 pack rolls. But now the only pyro character I have is Amber.. and her elemental burst ability is useless.
    you got Xiangling for free if you complete the Abyss 3-3, which past AR 25 with lvl 50 chars, Barbara for some heals since you can't use food and don't heal in between the 3-1 and 3-3 rooms, and some 50 weapons it'll be peace of cake. I don't find her that much better, but she and her weapon are stuck at 50 where the east of my team is 60 with 60 weapons (Amber has the limit lifted on her and her bow, but I didn't have the money and xp items to level them yet.... and my Jean is stuck on 20 with a spare sword 50 lol)

One major thing this game needs is an option to mute volume when it's not in focus. Most games seem to have that option. I don't want Venti's harp and wind sounds to play randomly while watching a video. Yes, I could lower the volume in the game every time I do something else, but why not just have that option?
    just bring up the map, it'll pause the game too, and you don't have sounds. having the traveler yawn every 20 sec or another char talk the same 2 sentences back to back to back... yeah, I don't care for it either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Just use Noelle instead. She is just better with a shield as you can use it to prevent interupts to rest of party. Only reason to switch to geo is to do puzzles (Starfell Sword).

Also some news:

https://bbs.mihoyo.com/ys/article/2151971

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Just use Noelle instead. She is just better with a shield as you can use it to prevent interupts to rest of party. Only reason to switch to geo is to do puzzles (Starfell Sword).
    I'm loving Noelle so far, but I wish her raw/neutral damage is a bit higher; can't wait to forge that sword that adds atk and def per hit though

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'm loving Noelle so far, but I wish her raw/neutral damage is a bit higher; can't wait to forge that sword that adds atk and def per hit though
    In my opinion Noelle is one of those characters that start to shine with higher Constellation Ranks. C2 C4 and C6 are all relatively huge DPS and support buffs, especially since the Claymore charged attack is so good at AoE.

Well once you hit rank 30 (like me today), the game will slow down as you get tons of upgrades for characters. If you were smart and saved the moons, you should have enough resorces to upgrade at least 2-3 characters to full.

I also stopped spending my gem things and saving them now for new banner in 8 days. Still got 1/4 map to explore so i will probaly end on something like 4000.

https://progameguides.com/genshin-im...banner-coming/

Also if you realy spending money on this i pity you. Once you hit lvl 35 its game over more or less. Going pass that is just stupid.
    asfasdgasipubdsa

the next banner is Klee?? Yeeeeeeeeeees! I hope the 5* pity-counter will have mercy on me and grant me the 50/50 chance

edit:

btw, does anyone know if this girl was a 4* in Beta?

Her attack animations look awesome.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-10 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So upcoming stuff:
    [Crown of Wisdom] 5*
    Talent training material
    "A required material to raise the character's talent. In ancient time, this is a ritual tools used to inherit and transfer wisdom. Although wisdom now live in language and writing, the remaining power and wisdom within the [Crown of Wisdom] can give great breakthrough to today's people"
    Source: Limited event reward

[30 Formula . Portable nutrition bag] 4*
    "This bag is a creation from a certain alchemist's design, it is able to store good food within and consumed quickly at any condition. Click target food to store within the bag."

[Pocket Anchor Point]
    Pocket anchor point is a man-made tool that mimic the teleport waypoint , it has enough power to connect with the earth's leyline, allowing the teleport function. Upon using, the anchor point will be placed on current position. Through the map, similar to teleport waypoint, player can teleport to the anchor point location.

[Wind capturing bottle]
    "This bottle is able to contain [Wind Seed], and it is a tool that use the power of the [Wind Seed] to generate wind field. After equipping it, move near a [Wind Seed] to absorb the power of wind and gain a charge count."

[Flying challenge]
    basically the better you score, the better the reward. the stage on the left are as follow (roughly)
    Gentle wind and bird, Flapping wing method, The trick to borrow wind, Wind stop area, Air-borne obstacle, Explosive Flying, Fly Jumping type challenge

Exchange 2 crystal core and 80 resin for 2 concentrated resin?
    (something to do with better rewards in dungeons)

Free character:
    https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Fischl
    1. Complete the 'Star of Destiny' mission
    2. Collect 14 meteor remnant
    3. Collect 7 meteor core
    (after you finish this)

New story:
    Star of unknown, Star of Trick, Star of Destiny

10+ Year Old Account
    is ella musk a reference to elon musk? hehe those *snip*

- - - Updated - - -

how do u switch ut team comp outside of dungeons? ive completed the shrine with lisa and want to add her or fischl to my grp in the open world

Racism is not acceptable. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-10-12 at 05:35 PM.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how do u switch ut team comp outside of dungeons? ive completed the shrine with lisa and want to add her or fischl to my grp in the open world
    Press escape. Select "Party". Click a character. Click "switch". Pick character you want to switch with. Done.

I just hit AR 20 last night and I'm really enjoying the game. I have only bought the monthly card so far. I've gotten a good amount of rolls but sadly haven't gotten any big hitters. I have only gotten Noelle - duh, Kaeya twice and Sucrose twice.

Since I just hit AR 20 is it worth getting the battle pass right away? I was reading that its best to wait until you are at around BP 30 or so then buy the pass to get everything retroactively.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I just hit AR 20 last night and I'm really enjoying the game. I have only bought the monthly card so far. I've gotten a good amount of rolls but sadly haven't gotten any big hitters. I have only gotten Noelle - duh, Kaeya twice and Sucrose twice.

Since I just hit AR 20 is it worth getting the battle pass right away? I was reading that its best to wait until you are at around BP 30 or so then buy the pass to get everything retroactively.
    It's worth getting but only if you're sure you'll put in the work to reach BP 30. I think most people suggest waiting just in case you get sick of the game before you reach 30.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's worth getting but only if you're sure you'll put in the work to reach BP 30. I think most people suggest waiting just in case you get sick of the game before you reach 30.
    Sounds like a good idea, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Not sure if you can even hit the end of battle pass. The dailys you get are very crappy and some of them would need you to spend quite a lot of money to get them. And they also force you to waste resorces if you wana get higher rank.

You should not click on pass at all so you dont by mistake use your resorces to lvl it up as a free player.

Not sure if you can even hit the end of battle pass. The dailys you get are very crappy and some of them would need you to spend quite a lot of money to get them. And they also force you to waste resorces if you wana get higher rank.

You should not click on pass at all so you dont by mistake use your resorces to lvl it up as a free player.
    People have done the math, you can max out your BP even if you skip the ones that require you to spend resin. Although obviously, it depends when you start working on the BP but reaching 30 should be doable as long as you start 3-4 weeks before the end date.