Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You can easily treat it as a single player rpg if you want and just play with the chars you get for free. The only problem with doing that is the game isn't fully completed so its like an mmo where development is continuous and you'll run out of things to do before the next zone drops and may burn yourself out while waiting if all you are doing is farming for the same 4-8 characters for months on end so if you do and don't char about new characters, just log back in every once and while to see what new content is out. I probably wouldn't go past adventure lvl 30 or 35 if you plan on doing this.
    Well getting characters to lvl 60+ and weapons to 70 is a good time to end it. After this its not possible to even progress. Mostly due to a book asking you to upgrade your relics to way to high lvl and if you wanted to do this, you would have to use all the good ones you have just to pass it.
    Getting MC up is easy as you get free crystals to lvl it up as a reward, but rest of team not so much. You are locked to a boss battle or upgrade books and you gota plan and wait to use up resin smart.

Endgame realy is just farming elite mobs all over the map and hoping you get good drops, as dungeons cost a lot. Heck farming dungeon relics is last thing you should do once you get every character to lvl 70 with 70 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I just unlocked AR 30 and am already pretty bored. The grind just isn't my thing.

Up to that point I think it's great, and for those who really enjoy the time and effort it takes to really build up a powerful team I think it's a blast. But I really only care about story and quests and stuff, and those ran out pretty quick.

The only other thing I like is getting new characters but there's no way I'm dropping that kind of cash to get it.

I'll log in to do the dailies and grab any chests or events I find, but I'm done with anything other than that until the next area opens up.
    Yeah, the end game will only appeal to a certain crowd and these are the people complaining about the resin system. Honestly, at AR 30 I see no problem in just playing more casually while waiting for the next update especially with how much time, effort and a little bit of luck is required to actually complete the Spiral Abyss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Besides being fun, i just dont want to stop that early in case the the next story quest is like 35-40. I should get 37 tonight.
    Also im prefarming for gems for klee and her upgrade materials
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-10-14 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Besides being fun, i just dont want to stop that early in case the the next story quest is like 35-40. I should get 37 tonight.
    Also im prefarming for gems for klee and her upgrade materials
    Nothing wrong with that. I'll still be playing too, for the same reason, because I'm interested in the story and I'll be salty AF if the next story quest doesn't open up for me until some ridiculously high AR level or something. I'm just not going to farm for it.

That's my only complaint so far, and it's minor, is that the story quests are inherently tied to the AR level, and after a certain point earning the xp needed to level up your AR is such a chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. I'll still be playing too, for the same reason, because I'm interested in the story and I'll be salty AF if the next story quest doesn't open up for me until some ridiculously high AR level or something. I'm just not going to farm for it.

That's my only complaint so far, and it's minor, is that the story quests are inherently tied to the AR level, and after a certain point earning the xp needed to level up your AR is such a chore.
    As far as i know the last story quest ends at 32? Only half of the second zone story wise actually exists, rest is coming in a patch. Then there are the three stories that require keys, but that is it as far as i know.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    should have phrased that better. what i meant by singleplayer is a rpg in that world with that setting, music, artstyle, etc. without all the gacha mechanics. just buy to play for a fixed price.
    I agree, however, they would have had to sell 1.666 million copies at $60 a pop to make the $100mil they have so far (not including taxes and fees, etc).

The unfortunate truth is that whales are becoming increasingly part of a game company's monetization practices. Why sell a game for a hard set value when you can let poor people play for free and have rich people dump metric fuck tons of cash to feel special?

should have phrased that better. what i meant by singleplayer is a rpg in that world with that setting, music, artstyle, etc. without all the gacha mechanics. just buy to play for a fixed price.
    Given that you can 100% ignore the gacha, you essentially have that here. As well as it being free. You can enjoy everything without ever using the gacha. Or, you can use it, but 100% for free over time. Nothing is needed from the gacha to complete even the end game.

On another note: finished the event. I think world level is somehow capped by the number of times you do it. As soon as I did number 20, I was sudden;y in the correct world level. Over all, really easy event to complete within a few hours. Decent rewards for the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Given that you can 100% ignore the gacha, you essentially have that here. As well as it being free. You can enjoy everything without ever using the gacha. Or, you can use it, but 100% for free over time. Nothing is needed from the gacha to complete even the end game.
    I think Lagiacrux means remove the gacha and make it function like a normal RPG, where you can get all the stuff from repeatable sources and can grind to your heart's content for the powerups. Half of the fun in RPGs is maxing out your characters and building your party the way you want. You can't exactly do that when everything is locked behind an energy resource and you have to get wishes to even unlock characters. Simply going through the game's quests is different from getting to experience the game in it's entirety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The only problem with that is you are stuck to using just the free characters or whatever characters you may get lucky to grab from the few gatcha rolls you can earn in game. If it were a regular RPG you would be able to play and fully upgrade all the characters and play the ones you actually enjoy, not just the ones you happen to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The only problem with that is you are stuck to using just the free characters or whatever characters you may get lucky to grab from the few gatcha rolls you can earn in game. If it were a regular RPG you would be able to play and fully upgrade all the characters and play the ones you actually enjoy, not just the ones you happen to have.
    Yup.

Imagine playing through FFVII. You're travelling around in story with Tifa and Aerith and Barret... but you can't play as them. You have to be lucky enough to pull them from the gacha.

That's Genshin Impact. You can't play as most as the characters who you are supposed to be travelling with - Kaeya, Lisa, Jean, Venti, Diluc... unless you are lucky enough to pull them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    And most of them are garbage. Barbara and Noele are at least usefull as healbots.

Amber is just....a lighter...not joking she is more usless than Aqua.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    And most of them are garbage. Barbara and Noele are at least usefull as healbots.

Amber is just....a lighter...not joking she is more usless than Aqua.
    wait Barbara is free?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    wait Barbara is free?
    If you get to AR 20 before the next patch comes out, you get her for free.

From what I've heard gacha is a favoured monetisation approach in China due to piracy being such a massive problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    wait Barbara is free?
    Once you get to AR 20 you get Barbara for free. You also get chinese pyro cooking girl for free at 25 I believe.

Sabotage the slime balloon is the most bullshit thing in the game. Got it on my second try but god damn does it suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Imagine playing through FFVII. You're travelling around in story with Tifa and Aerith and Barret... but you can't play as them. You have to be lucky enough to pull them from the gacha.

That's Genshin Impact. You can't play as most as the characters who you are supposed to be travelling with - Kaeya, Lisa, Jean, Venti, Diluc... unless you are lucky enough to pull them.
    To be fair, you don't actually travel around with any of those characters... they only join you for small segments of the story. It would be like complaining about travelling with Jessie or Red XIII in the Final Fantasy remake but not being able to play as them. Although there probably were a lot of complaints about that, especially Red XIII who was playable in the original...

You also do get Kaeya and Lisa for free, almost at the start of the game. And later on you get a free Barbara and Xianling as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well modding community is pretty quick:

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It would be a decent game if it wasn't so anime, which is apparently a minority concern in this thread so that's on me I guess.
    same... some of my friends are going mad for it, i just can't stand the graphic-style, it give me the feeling of a some advertised facebook scam game that i fail to adblock.

Yeah. A non-gatcha version of Genshin Impact might have been interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    same... some of my friends are going mad for it, i just can't stand the graphic-style, it give me the feeling of a some advertised facebook scam game that i fail to adblock.
    It makes me think of the graphics style and art that all the V-tubers use. I can't unsee it!