Thread: Genshin Impact

Developers must think I sit three feet away from my 60" TV based on how tiny they make the menu text.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah. A non-gatcha version of Genshin Impact might have been interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes me think of the graphics style and art that all the V-tubers use. I can't unsee it!
    A...... /10chrs

Edit: Look up "A" on youtube and you will find best Shark-girl V-Tuber named Gura... with her brilliant debut / first 'word'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well modding community is pretty quick:
    Poggers I'm famous.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    A...... /10chrs

Edit: Look up "A" on youtube and you will find best Shark-girl V-Tuber named Gura... with her brilliant debut / first 'word'.

- - - Updated - - -

Poggers I'm famous.

I mean, I get the attraction. I've seen some pretty god damned funny clips of Vtubers really nailing the "cute anime girl" schtick. But the animation style is really not that good. For a Vtuber they make up for the lack with raw personality. But a videogame? Eh....

I don't know. It just feels to me like the diet soda of animation. It's so f***ing generic that it really takes away from the game or movie or whatever. Combine that with the Gatcha nonsense and it just outweighs the good merits of Genshin Impact.

Oh well. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm glad people like it. It's clearly a super-high-quality gatcha game. I hope they don't screw it up and over-monetize it, and ruin it for the people that are playing now.

I mean, I get the attraction. I've seen some pretty god damned funny clips of Vtubers really nailing the "cute anime girl" schtick. But the animation style is really not that good. For a Vtuber they make up for the lack with raw personality. But a videogame? Eh....

I don't know. It just feels to me like the diet soda of animation. It's so f***ing generic that it really takes away from the game or movie or whatever. Combine that with the Gatcha nonsense and it just outweighs the good merits of Genshin Impact.

Oh well. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm glad people like it. It's clearly a super-high-quality gatcha game. I hope they don't screw it up and over-monetize it, and ruin it for the people that are playing now.
    I haven't gotten the itch to open the game up since Sunday. I just know that if I keep grinding for a week I'll get a chance to get a single wish that will end up being a 3 star weapon I'll just dust for parts. I know that I'm missing out on daily rewards, but honestly I'd rather wait for them to fix the game/monetization system than waste my time fumbling for scraps.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-15 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Pirate Game daily annnddddd... didn't get the achievement for it.

Cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well getting characters to lvl 60+ and weapons to 70 is a good time to end it. After this its not possible to even progress. Mostly due to a book asking you to upgrade your relics to way to high lvl and if you wanted to do this, you would have to use all the good ones you have just to pass it.
    Getting MC up is easy as you get free crystals to lvl it up as a reward, but rest of team not so much. You are locked to a boss battle or upgrade books and you gota plan and wait to use up resin smart.

Endgame realy is just farming elite mobs all over the map and hoping you get good drops, as dungeons cost a lot. Heck farming dungeon relics is last thing you should do once you get every character to lvl 70 with 70 weapon.
    Endgame in every game is about min-maxing except for the games are cosmetic oriented (more games should go that route. Power grinds are dated).

Also some people need to learn to look at how much time they have put into a game, see what they have done in it and say "I'm good with what I have done and it's time to move on" instead trashing a game for only have 50 hours of content and them beating it...as if that's a bad thing.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-15 at 01:03 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If you get to AR 20 before the next patch comes out, you get her for free.
    When is the next patch? Has it been announced? I already have Barbara and Xianling but getting a free constellation thing would be nice. I am at AR18 so I can get to 20 pretty easily but I would hate to miss it because I just didn't feel like playing for a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post

You also do get Kaeya and Lisa for free, almost at the start of the game. And later on you get a free Barbara and Xianling as well.
    I am pretty sure the Barbara and Xianling freebies are both only for a limited time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    When is the next patch? Has it been announced? I already have Barbara and Xianling but getting a free constellation thing would be nice. I am at AR18 so I can get to 20 pretty easily but I would hate to miss it because I just didn't feel like playing for a couple of days.

I am pretty sure the Barbara and Xianling freebies are both only for a limited time.
    update 1.1 will be released november 11th, which is when barbara will no longer be the 'free' hero, instead they are changing some of the character rotations and giving away fischl, there's also a free hero being given to players AR 42+ but it's unclear at this point if that hero is free only to players who 'play tested' the game or if it's going to be for all players on the 'live game', the leaked patch notes were very unclear on that plus there's some chance of stuff being lost in translation, aside from all of that the patch notes stated that they are planning a full revamp of the whole gatcha system in the game to coincide with the addition of all the new heroes coming with 1.1, and that players who spent resources on rolls prior to 1.1 going live will be given a small rebate with the new tokens to buy heroes making it 'easier' to get the hero you want while keeping the gacha system for easy whale milking.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Once you get to AR 20 you get Barbara for free. You also get chinese pyro cooking girl for free at 25 I believe.
    currently AR19; I hope I don't miss it I'm a bit busy studying for exams week to play

- - - Updated - - -

Well modding community is pretty quick:
    custom models for Warcraft 3?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    update 1.1 will be released november 11th, which is when barbara will no longer be the 'free' hero, instead they are changing some of the character rotations and giving away fischl, there's also a free hero being given to players AR 42+ but it's unclear at this point if that hero is free only to players who 'play tested' the game or if it's going to be for all players on the 'live game', the leaked patch notes were very unclear on that plus there's some chance of stuff being lost in translation, aside from all of that the patch notes stated that they are planning a full revamp of the whole gatcha system in the game to coincide with the addition of all the new heroes coming with 1.1, and that players who spent resources on rolls prior to 1.1 going live will be given a small rebate with the new tokens to buy heroes making it 'easier' to get the hero you want while keeping the gacha system for easy whale milking.
    Right on. And yeah, they really need to make the gatcha system more consumer friendly. Right now it is a total rip-off. Around $2.50 per roll with a guaranteed 4-star after 10 rolls? Meaning $25 for a 4 star with a crazy low chance at a 5-star? So not worth it. Feel so sorry for all the people who sunk hundreds of bucks into the game already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    If you're talking about the updated pity system, that was fake. https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...eaks_are_fake/

You are just saying that because you haven't seen Klee!

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You are just saying that because you haven't seen Klee!
    I honestly couldn't see why people wanted her until I did her story quest.

15+ Year Old Account

Here I made this. go nuts

Also the end of the venti quest was great
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-10-15 at 05:50 AM.

If I get my Adventure Rank up to 26 but don't take the Ascension Quest...what happens? Do I just stop earning Adventure Rank XP or will it carry over when I finally do the Ascension Quest?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

you get stuck at 25 if you don't do the quest, but it's just a quick dungeon like the previous ones you did in the story

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've pulled 4 Xiangling's, so I'm not worried about not getting to 25 before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    you get stuck at 25 if you don't do the quest, but it's just a quick dungeon like the previous ones you did in the story
    I'm not worried about the quest itself, but having to level up my characters to match the World Level increase.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I'm not worried about the quest itself, but having to level up my characters to match the World Level increase.
    You should be way ahead at all times. Most of it comes from gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The only problem with that is you are stuck to using just the free characters or whatever characters you may get lucky to grab from the few gatcha rolls you can earn in game. If it were a regular RPG you would be able to play and fully upgrade all the characters and play the ones you actually enjoy, not just the ones you happen to have.
    Honestly though, the chances of maxing anyone from the gacha is pretty low right now. Even lower if you have a 5 star you are wanting to max. I do think they need to rethink how they do upgrades for characters and their constellations.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?