Thread: Genshin Impact

Interesting post on reddit about chest respawns. Seems now that more time has gone on, more and more people are confirming two things. First is that any level of chest can be randomly selected to respawn. Second is that these respawned chests can give primogems. Interesting news for me since that means that I can farm for white tassle duplicates and primogems is a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

@masterhorus8 thanks mate! i actually pulled stringless bow yesterday when trying for Klee.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i went to the house of favorious and i got her on 1.st try:

(the room where she is locked in story)

After todays reset.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does this game play on mobile phones? It seems a bit involved to pkay well, but maybe I'm wrong about that?
    My phone sucks and i find controls super janky. Much better with K/M for me. But it's super useful to manage the expeditions and all that stuff. Maybe even daily quests since they're pretty easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Hp Atk Atk% Atk% Atk% till you hit 40.
    Then you start switching to elemental damage (or its type), crit and so on. Depends on your character (as this opens up better set bonuses).
    Main dps still scales really well with ATK in general since it's the characters you're autoattcking with and it's out most of the time. Reactions on the other side get the mastery/damage from the characters that trigger them, so ideally support are just about stacking mastery/elemental dmg and spamming their skills.

Noelle is an AWESOME healer/support when i play multiplayer. Stack def and enjoy shield, heals and even quite a bunch of dmg (which gets much better once you get a specific constellation node. If you're solo, Barabara is basically the best one you can get and even if i don't like it, i'm gonna level it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I just noticed something. We have 4 star and 5 star characters. Yet We don't seem to have any that are 1-3 star. Wonder whats up with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I just noticed something. We have 4 star and 5 star characters. Yet We don't seem to have any that are 1-3 star. Wonder whats up with that.
    Nothing.
    This game doesn't have character-fodder, that's why they are not needed.
    They are put in 4* and 5* because they share the gacha-%chance of weapons in the same category.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    My phone sucks and i find controls super janky. Much better with K/M for me. But it's super useful to manage the expeditions and all that stuff. Maybe even daily quests since they're pretty easy.
    I actually found kb and mouse to be odd. And using a controller was worse. Very much felt like severe input lag.

I reallt want to like this game, but I keep running into hurdles

I actually found kb and mouse to be odd. And using a controller was worse. Very much felt like severe input lag.

I reallt want to like this game, but I keep running into hurdles
    I have zero issues with M/K, cannot get controller to work lol. Anyway better than tapping on a small screen, it really only works for melee for me and camera controls are buttugly.

Only real issue i have is sometime the game stutters for a second or so, always during dodge lal. But invincibility frames are pretty generous, so it's more annoying than gamebreaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone done the quest chain for Childish Jiang, the hide and seek guy? I am trying to figure out if it bugged out on me. I was in the middle of going through the initial dialog with him when the server went down for maintenance yesterday and when the servers came back and I logged back in, he was still standing in the same spot, but I no longer had an option to speak with him. I tried porting away and back and logging out and back in but nothing. Anyone else have any issues with that quest or and similar problems?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Nothing.
    This game doesn't have character-fodder, that's why they are not needed.
    They are put in 4* and 5* because they share the gacha-%chance of weapons in the same category.
    5 star is main characters
    4 star is side
    3 star are npcs with quests
    2 star are vendors or npcs you can talk to
    1 star are npcs you cant talk to

Anyway this looks interesting:

I have zero issues with M/K, cannot get controller to work lol. Anyway better than tapping on a small screen, it really only works for melee for me and camera controls are buttugly.

Only real issue i have is sometime the game stutters for a second or so, always during dodge lal. But invincibility frames are pretty generous, so it's more annoying than gamebreaking.
    Afaik the only controller that works is an xbox. And what annoyed me the most was the utter lack of customization for sensitivity and button mapping.

There are ways to get a switch pro to work, but it involves 3rd party software to emulate. A real pain in the ass instead of the normal "Add to steam library" method.

I was hoping the mobile version would fare better, since it seems like it was designed for that then ported over.

Meh....like I said. Hurdles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    AR21 with everyone 40 and below
    Do you have a wind character? Prime mobs with an element then use your wind character to knock them back, repeat. Maybe Im lucky but I've never had an issue kiting mobs away from the crystal by just hitting them, except for the odd archer way in a corner somewhere. Good luck.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

-snip-
    I just got used to M/K. It's not like you really need precision, just good timed dodges.

Also: holy shit Barbara. Stop being so effective and turning everything into easy mode. The heal + Chongyung is perfect for permafreezing basically anything. Right now exploring Liyue and pushing to AR30 so i can do Stromterror which apparently didn't do monday, so i can do the higher lvl one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got used to M/K. It's not like you really need precision, just good timed dodges.

Also: holy shit Barbara. Stop being so effective and turning everything into easy mode. The heal + Chongyung is perfect for permafreezing basically anything. Right now exploring Liyue and pushing to AR30 so i can do Stromterror which apparently didn't do monday, so i can do the higher lvl one.
    Till you hit a cryomobs
    I hit Ar 40 today and world just got much harder...

5 star is main characters
    4 star is side
    3 star are npcs with quests
    2 star are vendors or npcs you can talk to
    1 star are npcs you cant talk to
    what? /10char

70 primogems (counting the achieves) if you do this Secret Puzzle/Hidden Quest
    Is pretty fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    70 primogems (counting the achieves) if you do this Secret Puzzle/Hidden Quest
    Is pretty fun
    Was pretty annoying when you arrived on the island at like 6am in-game time and spent a long while super confused

Till you hit a cryomobs
    I hit Ar 40 today and world just got much harder...
    For those i have fire and electro Also i had a catalyst for Barbara that has both the right talent (atk bonus for next char out) and hp%, which scales with her heals. EDIT: they're immune to cryo dmg but not to normal attacks and they still can be freezed apparently.

For those i have fire and electro Also i had a catalyst for Barbara that has both the right talent (atk bonus for next char out) and hp%, which scales with her heals. EDIT: they're immune to cryo dmg but not to normal attacks and they still can be freezed apparently.
    The problem is that Barbara sets the Wet status on you when you press E.
    That means Cryo mobs freeze you.

Go into the Forsaken Rift domain for example and try out your luck there and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The problem is that Barbara sets the Wet status on you when you press E.
    That means Cryo mobs freeze you.
    This is actually why I want to remove her as my healer. I wish you could clear the wet state early by pyroing yourself, but you have to sit there and eat the full... 15 seconds? however long it is. It sucks facing an enemy like the wolf, needing to heal, but knowing if you do, you're going to be frozen and punished to the point where you might as well not have healed.

Cmon luck! Bring me a Jean!