Thread: Genshin Impact

@KrayZ33

He is totally worth if you have a main DPS fire user and you build him with energy recharge...
    I use him on my main team

But...

The gameplay is very boring, he is basically a walking buff/heal
    He is a dead spot in terms of "interesting gameplay"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, bennett is a healer?

Man I really need to start reading my character's skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Wait, bennett is a healer?

Man I really need to start reading my character's skills.
    a lot of characters is underrated because no streamers/youtubers use them or they are not top in meta lists I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    a lot of characters is underrated because no streamers/youtubers use them or they are not top in meta lists I think
    Or just to expensive to set-up. (in real world cash)

I barely seen anyone use Ningguang (3 times in dungeons out of 120 runs) and i only see Beidou today for 1.st time.
    But it could also be that those characters drop more rare.
    Also no1 uses Xingqiu because he is garbage. (and it realy only works with cyro teams)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

I barely seen anyone use Ningguang (3 times in dungeons out of 120 runs) and i only see Beidou today for 1.st time.
    Also no1 uses Xingqiu because he is garbage. (and it realy only works with cyro teams)
    Xingqiu is amazing with Keqing for electroshock builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I haven't paid too much attention to that kind of stuff, just mostly gone with whoever I find cute or plays fun. With the exception of poking in here to whine about not having healers and being told that Noelle can heal really.

I just didn't like Bennett and dropped him almost immediately because I got him at like AR19 and then got Xianling right after and just used her instead as my fire dps.

I haven't paid too much attention to that kind of stuff, just mostly gone with whoever I find cute or plays fun. With the exception of poking in here to whine about not having healers and being told that Noelle can heal really.

I just didn't like Bennett and dropped him almost immediately because I got him at like AR19 and then got Xianling right after and just used her instead as my fire dps.
    TBH, before I saw how his healing works, I thought it was working just like Barbara's E heal that ticks every 6 seconds or so.
    Didn't expect it to tick every second.
    That obviously made him so much better and fit into even more groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

well, neither Beidou nor Ningguang have been in a banner yet.
    Xingqiu is hardcore support without any ability to deal sustained damage on his own. So there is no reason to play him as an active character in a dungeon.
    His E has an extremely long cooldown and his Q is made so that you can extend your E.
    So he is basically a character you use to beef up your main DPS and *can't* be used in Co-op because he doesn't buff teammates. He only buffs the playable character.
    On top of that, aside from Mona, there aren't enough Hydro characters to fill his Elemental Burst yet. That might change in the future though. His abilities are dangerous however. It's one of these characters that can turn into a "must have" because ~35% dmg (with +hydro damage item) reduction for every character you play with is no joke. Especially since it also heals you after getting hit and adds an actually fantastic amount of bonus damage to every other attack.
    In most Gacha games, stuff like that would be ranked S-tier when you start fighting "extreme modes" etc.

And as you pointed out - if you spend some cash in (even though you don't really have to if you pulled him a lot in this banner and didn't pull much in the first one). His E is hitting hard as hell (still a hellish long CD though so it's bad for regenerating those sweet orbs) and only at C6 he will be able to sustain himself with energy. But at C4, that E ability has somewhere around a 725% skill modifier during ultimates.
    That's absolutely insane. Switch - press E - press Q - switch out. Boom.

Even then, still horrible as a "main dps"-character

Beidou has the best attack animation out of all claymore users btw.
    A friend of mine uses her as main-dps and it's just so much fun to look at. Both her normal and Charge Attack animation are looking awesome. When she kicks that huge ass sword to get the momentum for her swing - that's just badass.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-01 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in other news. The whale money at least went into something good. Into a nature:
    https://bbs.mihoyo.com/ys/article/2458312

Also Japanese voice actors will do some of the new characters:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...s_japanese_va/

Diona gets this for example:

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Diona

Game is beautiful, has good mechanics, and is "free", but...

I uninstalled it after playing about 10 hours for 2 reasons:

- Friends who were super into it kept warning me about the absurd $$$$ needed later.
    - I had stupidly bad luck on all my free rolls and ended up with 2 copies of 2 bad characters and a bunch of purple weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Game is beautiful, has good mechanics, and is "free", but...

I uninstalled it after playing about 10 hours for 2 reasons:

- Friends who were super into it kept warning me about the absurd $$$$ needed later.
    - I had stupidly bad luck on all my free rolls and ended up with 2 copies of 2 bad characters and a bunch of purple weapons.
    There is no money needed at any time in this game. There are players who have literally not even spent a single dime on this game or even used their free rolls and beat abyssal spire 10-3 (end game content). They only had 6 characters out of 8.

Purple weapons are also sometimes better than any 5 star. Especially if you can refine a 4 star vs an unrefined 5 star.

What characters did you get? I know Sucrose wasn't seemingly good until I unlocked something in her constellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

3+ Year Old Account
    I got sucrose, not bad; will use her for expeds lol

or perhaps that puzzle thing with a trap door near the statue of the seven by Liyue Harbor
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Anyone else notice Xiangling says "Help! My dinner is attacking me!" when she's being attacked by those human bandits?

That's some serious holdup shit right there.

My only cryo is Kaeya
    He's level 20
    If any of the slimes just fucking look at him he dies

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, might have to.. This is taking way too long solo
    I farm that domain with fire characters. (Think you are the same person i talked to before about the lack of cyro ).

I bring klee, noelle, barbara and venti.

Noelle shield holds a wave while klee kills them, second wave barbara e heals klee through it, 3rd wave noelle q.

They die in ~ 2 ticks of the damage.

Followed that guide on the official genshin impact forums for the artifact farming. I am AR 37, with a world level of 4. There where 32 points to go to. All I got was 1 star artifacts. I got 91 artifacts at 420 exp each, so 38k artifact exp. They say its a 24 hour respawn, so I'll see tomorrow. In addition to the artifacts, each spot gave about 300mora, so 27k.

Not every spot gave me an artifact. Some of them gave me 2. But everyone did give mora. Not to mention ores I got along the way.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Followed that guide on the official genshin impact forums for the artifact farming. I am AR 37, with a world level of 4. There where 32 points to go to. All I got was 1 star artifacts. I got 91 artifacts at 420 exp each, so 38k artifact exp. They say its a 24 hour respawn, so I'll see tomorrow. In addition to the artifacts, each spot gave about 300mora, so 27k.

Not every spot gave me an artifact. Some of them gave me 2. But everyone did give mora. Not to mention ores I got along the way.
    32 spots?
    Like - 32 blinky-things to click at - or really 32 different spots you have to travel to?

My route only has like ~15 or so with 2-3 interactions.
    Which guide is that?

I honestly don't know where the other spots could be considering I'm traveling all over the place during my daily stuff.
    I noticed that some spots don't respawn at all or only every 72 hours, while most respawn every 24 (or even less)

It's really annoying that this shit is not on a daily-reset at like 4:00AM or something.
    It's literally 24h after you click it. That fucks up everything because you will always farm that route a little later than the day before, resulting in a lost day somwhere in a week.

edit: is it the one that's build up like this?
    https://i1.wp.com/fragstrat.com/wp-c...90%2C400&ssl=1
    Seems like a big chunk of them don't respawn and it's what I'm farming too. Aside from the stuff east at stone gate. That shit is hard to travel towards and nearly takes more time than all the others combined - lol.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-02 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I farm that domain with fire characters. (Think you are the same person i talked to before about the lack of cyro ).

I bring klee, noelle, barbara and venti.

Noelle shield holds a wave while klee kills them, second wave barbara e heals klee through it, 3rd wave noelle q.

They die in ~ 2 ticks of the damage.
    Hmm, that might be worth trying. But honestly, I kinda need Kaeya for abyss anyway, so it was a good excuse to level him some. He's at 60 right now, and with some decent artefacts that should be enough to keep him alive enough to be useful in there.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    32 spots?
    Like - 32 blinky-things to click at - or really 32 different spots you have to travel to?

My route only has like ~15 or so with 2-3 interactions.
    Which guide is that?

I honestly don't know where the other spots could be considering I'm traveling all over the place during my daily stuff.
    I noticed that some spots don't respawn at all or only every 72 hours, while most respawn every 24 (or even less)

It's really annoying that this shit is not on a daily-reset at like 4:00AM or something.
    It's literally 24h after you click it. That fucks up everything because you will always farm that route a little later than the day before, resulting in a lost day somwhere in a week.

edit: is it the one that's build up like this?
    https://i1.wp.com/fragstrat.com/wp-c...90%2C400&ssl=1
    Seems like a big chunk of them don't respawn and it's what I'm farming too. Aside from the stuff east at stone gate. That shit is hard to travel towards and nearly takes more time than all the others combined - lol.
    Nope. Thats not it. It's this one. One of the spots has like, 5 clustered there. A few have 2 very close. There is one in the comments im gonna check on as well. But in total, 32 different spots to go. I went partway through it once before and they did all respawn. None of them are chests or anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, that might be worth trying. But honestly, I kinda need Kaeya for abyss anyway, so it was a good excuse to level him some. He's at 60 right now, and with some decent artefacts that should be enough to keep him alive enough to be useful in there.
    My set up is usually Sucrose, Qiqi, Fischl and Xaingling. Sucrose is great for gathering them all away from the conduit. I haven't done higher versions yet, but may try once I get more characters near that level.

Just be sure that you hit the slimes. It'll draw their attention away from the conduit thing and towards yourself. Then you can just kill em however you would like.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-11-02 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My set up is usually Sucrose, Qiqi, Fischl and Xaingling. Sucrose is great for gathering them all away from the conduit. I haven't done higher versions yet, but may try once I get more characters near that level.

Just be sure that you hit the slimes. It'll draw their attention away from the conduit thing and towards yourself. Then you can just kill em however you would like.
    It's like, what, tomorrow that the fire set drops? I'll probably try out Kaeya/Diluc/Venti/Barb then and see how that works. If it doesn't work better than without Kaeya I'll just accept it and deal with having had leveled him up just for Abyss then

It's like, what, tomorrow that the fire set drops? I'll probably try out Kaeya/Diluc/Venti/Barb then and see how that works. If it doesn't work better than without Kaeya I'll just accept it and deal with having had leveled him up just for Abyss then
    what do you mean fire set? like... the farmable domain one? witch's OP set?

If you're talking Zhou formula, its any day. All of the artifact sets can be farmed any day of the week. Think the only things that have certain days is any level up material. Just be sure to hit them and draw their attention to you. Doesn't matter who you have as long as they focus on you. My main dps is fire