Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    So far got Klee, Sucrose, Noelle, and of course the 4 standard dudes that you have by default. Aside of Klee... up to which level is it worth it to investing? 40? or even more? or not bothering at all? I know from other games, that investing into the wrong guys can set you back seriously, and for example for Amber... I just feel very uncomfortable on using her. She looks like she primary has very niche situations were movement is not required, and is otherwise only good for igniting thorn roots or certain world/ dungeon objectives.
    Noelle is a great healer at c1 and a sick dps at c6.
    Sucrose is ok, i prefer venti, shes good at some c rank idk.
    Klee is nuts even at c0, some people hate/love her, she hits like a truck.

Id level klee, barbara (you should have her for free) xiangling (you get her for clearing abyss 3-3) and mc/sucrose for anemo.

When you get into abyss 6+ (two teams) you'd have 2 dps and 2 supports.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post

Ya seriously. It's why I'm a bit triggered by them releasing 4 more characters...like so what, we can't even fcking use them and for the 5 stars, we most likely can't even get them at all. I'd rather them just focus on improving the game, we don't need more characters.

its a gacha game, thats how it is.

Ya seriously. It's why I'm a bit triggered by them releasing 4 more characters...like so what, we can't even fcking use them and for the 5 stars, we most likely can't even get them at all. I'd rather them just focus on improving the game, we don't need more characters.
    I just think of it like every other game out there. Gotta build up your character to get them good. In an MMO for example, its in the form of rng gear drops from raids that could take months to get a complete set of. Difference here though is that you can farm all of the mats ahead of time if you know what you need to go for and don't have any other characters to work on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Ooooh. I just thought it'd be time locked like the talent materials or weapon ascension stuff.
    That makes it a lot more palatable.

Still though, I'm like 900 resin deep and I just got a 4 set that's kinda acceptable.. By which I mean I got a 4th item that isn't complete dog crap so I don't have to feel super bad for using it. But that 4 set is so god damn good.
    I farm them off and on just because its fun.

Though I did get 2 legendary artifacts today from the world bosses. One of which is +atk with crit chance and crit damage added onto it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I just think of it like every other game out there. Gotta build up your character to get them good. In an MMO for example, its in the form of rng gear drops from raids that could take months to get a complete set of. Difference here though is that you can farm all of the mats ahead of time if you know what you need to go for and don't have any other characters to work on.
    Well, it's nothing like an mmo. There's no level zones. With how this game is, you're just screwed with the all the mobs getting boosted in level. That's my main issue, not that it takes a long time (but indirectly is a reason too because I can't use them until I get them geared up, unless I'm using them only for specific reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I've heard that Sucrose is quite good if you max her Constellation, and I've personally found Noelle to be decent in some cases

If you aren't going to use them though, just don't level them. You'll need those xp vouchers for other characters
    I have c6 sucrose. Can confirm she's quite good. I pair her with Klee for big numbers. Makes aoe farming for mats super fast too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Noelle is a great healer at c1 and a sick dps at c6.
    Sucrose is ok, i prefer venti, shes good at some c rank idk.
    Klee is nuts even at c0, some people hate/love her, she hits like a truck.

Id level klee, barbara (you should have her for free) xiangling (you get her for clearing abyss 3-3) and mc/sucrose for anemo.

When you get into abyss 6+ (two teams) you'd have 2 dps and 2 supports.
    I just started playing two days ago. So I can not participate in most events YET. But since the cap of 20 is fairly quickly reached, I just wanted to ask, because, well, certain games have characters which are literally worthless, to invest even the slightest bit.
    Barbara requires to get level 20 before 1.1... which should be in 8 days. So still way doable right?

Well, it's nothing like an mmo. There's no level zones. With how this game is, you're just screwed with the all the mobs getting boosted in level. That's my main issue, not that it takes a long time (but indirectly is a reason too because I can't use them until I get them geared up, unless I'm using them only for specific reasons).

I have c6 sucrose. Can confirm she's quite good. I pair her with Klee for big numbers. Makes aoe farming for mats super fast too.
    I'm going to let you in on a secret of the gacha world. The feeling you have right now is what the game wants you to feel. They want you to sperg out and have 30 characters even though you can reasonably level 2 at a time (maybe 3-4 is your putting in hours a day farming ore routes and artifact routes and all that shit.)

I have a c3 keqing, diluc and c6 bennet sitting at lvl 1 farming expeditions because i know i can't do it.
    Pretty much hard stuck floor 12 abyss because bennet and jean feel almost mandatory (going to try a bit more but idk, maybe at ascension 50 with my teams at lvl90)
    Barbara/qiqi feel useless their which leaves me with noelle as 1 heals.

You have to force yourself to pick a couple you enjoy and stick with it. (In between ascensions keep saving mats, don't randomly start another character)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I just started playing two days ago. So I can not participate in most events YET. But since the cap of 20 is fairly quickly reached, I just wanted to ask, because, well, certain games have characters which are literally worthless, to invest even the slightest bit.
    Barbara requires to get level 20 before 1.1... which should be in 8 days. So still way doable right?
    Yeah i got AR 30 within 48 hours of playing, but i was a huge sweaty.

And i really havent seen any "useless" characters
    BIG GIANT DISCLAIMER... THIS STATEMENT DEPENDS ON THEIR CONSTELLATIONS FOR SOME OF THEM.
    Like i only played noelle at c1 for example. When i got her c6 i shifted her from only heals to dps/heals.

i saw someone almost solo a floor 10 with amber and some low level support/triggers, everything is possible but obivously it gets a lot harder without op characters/weapons, but generally in abyss you can get pretty far with just 1-2 dps on each team and the rest just needs to be quickly swapped in/out for their support
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-11-03 at 08:09 AM.

Same thing as in an mmo. The mobs in other zones are higher level and any new character you have cannot just walk in and stomp them. Gotta level them up just the same way in order for them to be able to withstand those mobs.

The difference though, is again, the fact that you can farm what you need ahead of time here. You can farm exp books and talent level up materials and ascension stuff and power level a new character instantly to be good.

That is just my mindset. Every game has a system where you can't just walk in with a fresh character and be able to handle the end game content / zones. Gotta work them up to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    i saw someone almost solo a floor 10 with amber and some low level support/triggers, everything is possible but obivously it gets a lot harder without op characters/weapons, but generally in abyss you can get pretty far with just 1-2 dps on each team and the rest just needs to be quickly swapped in/out for their support
    Yup. That is another major problem some people are having. They act like they need these top tier characters to be able to beat the challenging content. The fact is, we have people who haven't even touched the gacha proving that anything is viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

As long as the characters feel rather unique and have their own niche, I see no problem with that.
    So far, the gameplay of all my characters I own are unique and each one of them has certain strengths and weaknesses due to their elements, their weapon, their scaling or their passives.

That alone opens up new ways to build teams and different gameplay options.

New characters are always fun imho.
    It's like... you play L4D, or Vermintide or whatever.
    You don't necessarily need new maps or whatever, a new character or enemy type can change everything on it's own.

It's not like 1.1. only adds new characters either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Same thing as in an mmo. The mobs in other zones are higher level and any new character you have cannot just walk in and stomp them. Gotta level them up just the same way in order for them to be able to withstand those mobs.

The difference though, is again, the fact that you can farm what you need ahead of time here. You can farm exp books and talent level up materials and ascension stuff and power level a new character instantly to be good.

That is just my mindset. Every game has a system where you can't just walk in with a fresh character and be able to handle the end game content / zones. Gotta work them up to it.
    You can't "plan ahead" when the game gives you limited resources to level with. I don't know what MMO's you're playing, but none of them require you to do daily limited events in order to give a character experience points, or weekly events in order to let those characters continue to level. And also starting a new character starts them off in their own world, not the one as your other characters where all the resources have been drained.

Also, as an aside, because I keep seeing this, "someone did this with Amber" is just as pointless an argument as "this speedrunner can do it, so you should too".

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You can't "plan ahead" when the game gives you limited resources to level with. I don't know what MMO's you're playing, but none of them require you to do daily limited events in order to give a character experience points, or weekly events in order to let those characters continue to level. And also starting a new character starts them off in their own world, not the one as your other characters where all the resources have been drained.

Also, as an aside, because I keep seeing this, "someone did this with Amber" is just as pointless an argument as "this speedrunner can do it, so you should too".
    To be fair up to floor 12 in the abyss is kinda easy with certain elements (not even specific characters) i would be willing to bet that the f2p guy wont clear the last floor until AR 50 (might not even then as 1/2 of the f2p healers cant do floor 12). Seeing as he is not wishing at all.

Oh and you forsure can plan ahead.... you literally have to or you will dumpster your characters. See how much resin you have and then use it based on the needs of the couple characters your playing. The resin is the sole issue i have with this game. Id take lower wish rates, lower drop rates, more skins and characters, more xp needed to lvl shit if resin was gone.

Pretty much every MMO with an endgame requires dailies/weeklies to be relevant on a character. The fact that the relevancy in Genshin is tied to level instead of armor, etc. doesn't really make it any different. The world doesn't reset because you aren't "starting a new character". You're adding a new character to your existing party, it's not a new game.

Catching a new level 1 pokemon doesn't reset your save and repopulate all the items you picked up and used/trainers you beat.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah you can do it with free characters, but you gona hit a monster lvl wall. Doesnt matter how skillfull you are as your dungeon time is limited.
    Switching to low lvl characters from combos in later abyss is not possible as some areas will make you take damage over time (yes you need 2 healers) and debuff will kill them.

If you don't plan to do Abyss floor 5, you can play whatever you want.
    The rest of the game is very easy.

Before Abyss Floor 10, you just need 2 dps at max level on everything.

Abyss Floor 10 applies a constant damage, you need 2 healers (for 2 teams).
    You cannot use level 1 characters.

Floor 12 monsters are level 100, and you are level 80.
    Good luck !

So...what would folks say is their primary drive for leveling characters, then? Just so they can do higher floors in Spiral Abyss?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    So...what would folks say is their primary drive for leveling characters, then? Just so they can do higher floors in Spiral Abyss?
    Yes. That's the only reason to level characters.

World-Level and most domains are a joke as long as you have 1 character with good gear and semi-relevant level.
    So I don't even know why people complain in the first place. Yes, you need to invest in new units - but it's not like it takes weeks.

There is no player that runs around with only lvl 50 characters @AR40+. (or even AR35)
    Even if there is, he can still farm leylines @WL4+... it's not like in WoW-classic where a 4 lvl difference is noticeable.

It takes 42 purple books to get a character from 50 to 60.
    You get ~5 book per leyline @ WL4
    You can do 9 leylines a day.
    It takes 1 day for 50-60
    It takes 3 days for 50-70

Considering character progress is also limited every 5 AR levels and you need ~12k XP per level @ around AR43 and you only get 2400 XP per day without spending money/resin shards, means you have more than enough time to upgrade your character level, farm items, farm gold, do bosses etc.

Even if you want to invest in 8 characters at once. Just *focus* on 2-4. Doesn't need a lot of planning either.
    Then there is free-resin shards and other stuff too that people just don't use, even though they could and probably should if they struggle like that.
    People handle these resin-thingies like potions in an RPG "I might need them later, so I won't use them now".

Once your main team is at a high level, you start accumulating XP books without even doing anything.
    When you get your new unit in a month that you really want. You can build that unit from 1-90 in a few minutes of clicking the "+" button.

F2P-Players will (or at least, they should) soon start to invest in weapon banners until there is someone they really like and want. Or maybe if there is a 4* unit that has her rates upped.

I'm "empty" too btw.
    I only have few shards (12?) left, but 2 maxxed main DDs, 4 Supports at 60-70, 1 healer and only 1 more healer to build, which will be Bennet, who can heal with lvl 40 as long as I give him +HP stuff.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-03 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Yes. That's the only reason to level characters.
    And what's the primary pay-off for completing higher levels of Spiral Abyss?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    50 primogems on reset lol. For every 3 stars. And some mora, books and random relics.
    My lvl 70 characters stand no chance against it after you hit 3th one.

SA is a trap. If at least Abyss Corridor would reset...

Mora, Artifacts and Primogems every 2 weeks.

I do 9/6/6/0 in the upper floors every other week

I think thats... 210 Gems, 3 yellow 6 purple artifacts (wanderers or Gladiator or Berserker), some Mora (A million or so?) and some other materials every 14 days.
    Will try out Klee on Floor 12, so maybe it's a bit more soon.

But.. like... that's the end "content".
    It's basically just a challenge room and there is no point in agonizing about it because these amount of gems basically mean nothing when I only get my 5* from pity-counters.

I have 2 5*.
    Some of you guys, I'm sure of that, haven't even remotely pulled as often as I did and you have more 5*+4* pulls.
    A friend of mine has 3 5*, and he opened like... 600 Chests?
    So from Chest alone, he is several thousand of primogems behind.

It's not like you are missing on power or gaining anything significant just because you can do the abyss-tower floors.
    It's just "something to do".
    Something to invest towards.

I mentioned it earlier, a week ago or something, this game is basically a idle-clicker game
    You play it to watch your characters/team/level grow and have fun doing so.
    It's not like you need Lvl X to enjoy the game, the way to LvL X *is* the game.
    It's not like WoW where you need to be max level to actually start playing the game.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-03 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It takes 42 purple books to get a character from 50 to 60.
    You get ~5 book per leyline @ WL4
    You can do 9 leylines a day.
    It takes 1 day for 50-60
    It takes 3 days for 50-70
    You're not taking mora and upgrade mats into consideration. It costs a fuckload of mora to upgrade characters, and it's also locked behind resin. It requires a fuckload of mats to ascend them, as well, which, again, is locked behind resin. Just getting XP books may take only a couple of days, but getting enough mora and mats takes as much (just getting mats from bosses will take you 2-3 days worth of resin, unless you saved some up earlier). So you're actually looking at a week of farming leylines/bosses to upgrade a single character. But then you also need to upgrade their weapon and artifacts to get them relevant, which costs a ton more mora than levelling up the character. But let's be very generous and say it's going to take another week. So yeah, it most definitely does take weeks without refilling resin, and that's just one character.

Of course you don't need 10 level 70/80 characters, and you can and 'should' focus on a specific few that will carry the rest, but saying it doesn't take a lot of time is a plain lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.