Thread: Genshin Impact

Oops, I did it again
    I farmed for artifacts, got lost in the game
    Oh baby, baby

(am laughing now but will cry later in EXP books and mora)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Oops, I did it again
    I farmed for artifacts, got lost in the game
    Oh baby, baby

(am laughing now but will cry later in EXP books and mora)
    How much resin did that take?
    Because I'm still salty that I spent like 900 on the witch set and only barely got something worth using

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    How much resin did that take?
    Because I'm still salty that I spent like 900 on the witch set and only barely got something worth using
    120 resin

I got extremely lucky but i am AR 40 and was lvl 80 Domain.
    The domain is EXTREMELY fun

You cant use melt even though the enemies are protected with fire aura and you fight 2 of those robots at the same time.

EDIT: Is probably a bit more than 120 since i already had 2 pieces before i started today
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-11-04 at 07:28 PM.

120 resin

I got extremely lucky but i am AR 40 and was lvl 80 Domain.
    The domain is EXTREMELY fun

You cant use melt even though the enemies are protected with fire aura and you fight 2 of those robots at the same time.
    I rather enjoy the domain too, but I've been quite unlucky trying to get the Retracing Bolide set for Noelle myself... Half the time I don't get any Bolide items, and when I do, it's usually a piece I already have. I've probably done in the neighbourhood of ~15 runs after AR40 (and a few before that), have 9 total Bolide pieces (all 4-star, none 5-star), but only in 3 different slots so I can't have the 4p bonus..

Maybe now that I've complained about it, it'll drop more.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I digress. More to your original point, I'd definitely agree that... yeah... most online games that rely on anything other than new novel content delivery to keep their players playing are predatory...
    Yea you were kind of going into detailed semantics when this was pretty much my point. This isn't anything new and certainly isn't only in gacha games.

And to the other thing you said, this is pretty much what I was ranting about. Instead of releasing new characters that's completely meaningless unless you whale, actually put in more fun content. "Don't play gacha games then" is what people say Why can't there be a good gacha game? This game has a lot of potential but might fail hard (prob not though cuz of those super retarded streamers).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically this. Hell, it's even better if your friend is a whale, you can join him and have him wreck everything for you without spending a dime.

I am at BP30, but i also played not really much. I'm torn if the 10 bucks pass is worth it - i know it's a lot of mats, but really, i don't feel i need them. If i was able to do all 50 levels then it would be more compelling.

The weapons though are bullshit since you cannot (for now) find duplicate to refine them.
    I don't understand this "i don't need them because I'll get them over time"....It's fun to just go around doing dailies and get them after a month? That's literally the only content for the first month (if you're f2p). I mean I guess there's the crappy story that some people seem to enjoy...

No you don't need those mats, but it will save you quite a lot of time and $10 is really not much, hell even the more expensive one isn't expensive.

I am disappoint (once again) at humanity's lack of restraint.
    Blame the people who donate to streamers which allows them to whale like crazy. They don't have $2k+ just from nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

As expected from a chinese market game.
    Careful now...this has nothing to do with it being from a Chinese dev company.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Careful now...this has nothing to do with it being from a Chinese dev company.
    China is the largest game revenue market. China's largest game revenue source is mobile MTX. I'll let you theorize your own conclusion as to what a majority of that revenue comes from since they don't report to that level of clarity (at least that I can find). A china game dev is definitely making the game for their primary audience on the home turf.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I rather enjoy the domain too, but I've been quite unlucky trying to get the Retracing Bolide set for Noelle myself... Half the time I don't get any Bolide items, and when I do, it's usually a piece I already have. I've probably done in the neighbourhood of ~15 runs after AR40 (and a few before that), have 9 total Bolide pieces (all 4-star, none 5-star), but only in 3 different slots so I can't have the 4p bonus..

Maybe now that I've complained about it, it'll drop more.
    Thats heartbreaking
    I did get one piece with DEF...but im not farming any more than i already did.
    Guess is not too bad having 1 DEF piece on Noelle.
    I think the optimal is all attack pieces with GOD rolls on secondary stats on the 5 stars.

But thats a long way from me.

Why can't there be a good gacha game? This game has a lot of potential but might fail hard (prob not though cuz of those super retarded streamers)..
    Because the idea behind a Gacha Game is that you get rare shit and lucky.
    That's how they work. If you don't think that's good, then indeed, don't play gacha games.
    There is an appeal to Gacha/Gambling. This game isn't Zelda in disguise, it's a straight up Gacha Game with a high budget.

It's like asking "why are strategy games so "boring" and why won't they add more fun FPS levels in between the missions" - these games are what they are, to appeal to a certain group of people.

There is no "might fail hard" either. This game has already been a success. It can't fail anymore. You think after earning back 60% of the budget back in week one they didn't get the rest when Klee released?
    For F2Ps - The game is about ressource management, planing stuff, aiming for your favorite characters and enjoying the fact that you might get them.
    For the Company - The reason is obviously money and they just have to balance out and give/reward the smallest amount possible.
    The smallest amount is always exactly the edge where you are just shy from feeling "I'm not getting enough stuff".

Either way, there is simply no "right or wrong" when it comes to "fun".
    The game is not competitive, so for me - I have 0 issues with the stamina system at this point in time.
    I feel absolutely nothing when I see people with better gear than me. I play for myself.
    The only thing I might feel is the urge to work towards a new character. So I start planning the next move, how to spend my resin, how many ressources I need. Then I fill up bars and bunker ressources - that's fun for me. Personally, I couldn't care less about only having 180 resin to work with. That's part of the deal and the planning process.
    If I could just farm everything, I would've been done with the game already and not touch it. Is that better? I don't know.
    What's the difference? I invest the same amount of time anyway.

Might change when that part of the game changes somehow, but right now? - No.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-04 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats heartbreaking
    I did get one piece with DEF...but im not farming any more than i already did.
    Guess is not too bad having 1 DEF piece on Noelle.
    I think the optimal is all attack pieces with GOD rolls on secondary stats on the 5 stars.

But thats a long way from me.
    I been mostly stockpilling for next patch:

@Yunru

I feel pretty much comfortable now
    There are several "phases" of progression in Genshin Impact...a lot of them were fun...some of them are not.
    But at AR 40 you start having this feeling of..."no rush" to get anywhere else and just work on having 2 characters at level 80.

Your "phase" seems to be pretty awesome too :3

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Because the idea behind a Gacha Game is that you get rare shit and lucky.
    That's how they work. If you don't think that's good, then indeed, don't play gacha games.
    There is an appeal to Gacha/Gambling. This game isn't Zelda in disguise, it's a straight up Gacha Game with a high budget.

It's like asking "why are strategy games so "boring" and why won't they add more fun FPS levels in between the missions" - these games are what they are, to appeal to a certain group of people.
    It doesn't have to be like every other shitty gacha game. There are hybrids, that's not a new concept. I never said to take out the gacha aspect. I said to put in more fun content, not sure why there's such a strong argument against this lol...

It doesn't have to be like every other shitty gacha game. There are hybrids, that's not a new concept. I never said to take out the gacha aspect. I said to put in more fun content, not sure why there's such a strong argument against this lol...
    Because it's unrealistic and dumb to just bark "moar content" but leaving out the monetization gacha games use to free you of your money, which are characters.
    No one said "don't add new content please"

And what are these hybrid games? That certainly does sound like a new concept to me because I can't name a game that would fit that description out of my head.

Lootbox Shooters etc. certainly aren't Gacha Hybrids.

The whole Gacha Game System and it's game loop relies on developing Characters you get by chance or in rare cases have to progressively work towards to (but some characters/weapons or whatever are always behind the gamble-game. Gacha Games *are* Gamble Games...there is no way to change that because it's supposed to be like that. Gambling isn't "bad", it's fun too. If the game doesn't hide it, it's not devious imho and Gacha Games are open about it at all times.
    The F2P experience is to do the stuff with the cards you are dealt with and identify your weakness and work towards an improvement in the future to remove that weakness.
    The resin/stamina limitation is, just like in WoW or other MMOs, a way to secure you keep playing the game but also used to adjust how much players can progress in a day/week so that content lasts longer and people don't come screaming
    "MOAR CONTENT" every single day. On top of other obvious reasons (i.e. people spend money so they can be "ahead")

If you are unhappy about all of that - then you *should* consider all Gacha Games to be shitty. There are no exceptions.
    Name me a Gacha Game that is remotely popular and/or successful and works differently. And I'm not talking about rates here. The rates in Genshin Impact are horrible.
    The amount of free stuff you get is also horrible.
    But in essence it's the same deal for all of them in that genre.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-05 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Dataminers did find some new characters:

I guess we get Fire, water (or cyro), electric, geo loli, grass loli, fire character, dark element? and last one is probaly cyro due to emo face.
    The second chars on the top and bottom look like they are costumes for the traveler and his/her sibling. The 3rd char on the top seems to have an Earth vision. Don't see any on the other two on the top and the Tanuki girl seems to have a wind one on her leg and vamp girl might have a water one on her hip but can't really tell.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-11-05 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The second chars on the top and bottom look like they are costumes for the traveler and his/her sibling. The 3rd char on the top seems to have an Earth vision. Don't see any on the other two on the top and the Tanuki girl seems to have a wind one on her leg and vamp girl might have a water one on her hip but can't really tell.
    Not sure about the top 2nd being the traveller. Hair style and colour are both wrong

What I'm more curious about are the two loli characters, and how much money I need to spend on them

- - - Updated - - -

@Yunru

I feel pretty much comfortable now
    There are several "phases" of progression in Genshin Impact...a lot of them were fun...some of them are not.
    But at AR 40 you start having this feeling of..."no rush" to get anywhere else and just work on having 2 characters at level 80.

Your "phase" seems to be pretty awesome too :3
    And yeah, seriously, AR40 is so relaxing compared to AR35.
    There's just no rush to get anything done. At AR35 I was farming all the ruin hunters and stuff on the map daily, and a lot of the large hilichurls too, because I needed them for ascension materials at AR40 (and to get Diluc up to snuff)
    Now at AR40.. I have 10 levels to get everything, and even farming the bosses now is kinda sub-optimal considering they level up at 45 again so I can get more/better loot then

I hope they'll add cool looking costumes soon.
    That's where I'll probably end up spending money on until I reach like 60-70€

Not interested in bikinis, Halloween or Santa stuff. Just cool looking alternative skins.
    Hopefully, they'll adjust skill animations too.

Like, changing Klee's bomb to a new shape.

from this (different game, but same idea)
    http://krw-img-thumb.s3.amazonaws.co...cardo5star.png

to

http://krw-img-thumb.s3.amazonaws.co...RicardoLOH.png

That's the kind of stuff I want.

Look at this btw. Passives section

https://genshin.gg/characters/Tartaglia

"increase Normal Attack Level by 1".. okay... just as expected, you won't be using any of the current 5* units in a few months/maybe a year worth of time.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-05 at 06:22 AM.

as a f2p player the material and resin problem is mostly at the start from the initial surge of all characters/weapons, after you spend your initial chunk of primogems from quests, levels chests etc you will probably get something like 20? pulls per month, meaning you will be get like 1 new character a month probably if you are completely f2p, and then the resin resources wont be a problem once you have levled up most of your other characters

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    If you're already at BP 30 then it's definitely worth it for the 4* weapon.
    But then refinement will be a problem, am i right? Where can i find weapon duplicates?

- - - Updated - - -

Y
    I don't understand this "i don't need them because I'll get them over time"....It's fun to just go around doing dailies and get them after a month? That's literally the only content for the first month (if you're f2p). I mean I guess there's the crappy story that some people seem to enjoy...

No you don't need those mats, but it will save you quite a lot of time and $10 is really not much, hell even the more expensive one isn't expensive.
    Yeah, it is. For me it's literally perfect as i can keep up with Genshin and play other games in my limited free time. I don't get why it's absolutely needed for many people (not targeting you now) to do everything in the shortest time possible and crunch every game to jump on the new one. If you think players are wrong to enjoy then"crappy story", then you're just taking the wrong approach.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. You just want to "get it all done and move on" imho. Which is what the game is exactly to oppose to and make you spend money on

EDIT: probably gonna cave in and get the 10$ pass. In the end, i'm just BP30 but i basically never did the 150 daily resin mission and a lot of the weeklies, so i think that with just a little more focus on it (and the 1.1 changes) getting BP50 will be cakewalk.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-11-05 at 08:05 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    So new reputation system has some limits:

You can only do a weekly for one zone at time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also some people did the math and they said its better to do single pulls after 75 roll as you have 54.68% chance to get 5 star on rolls from 76-80.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Also some people did the math and they said its better to do single pulls after 75 roll as you have 54.68% chance to get 5 star on rolls from 76-80.
    Will check the video later. As for the math, it makes sense. Doing 10-pulls is fine at the beginning, but if you're nearing the pity roll, you don't want to "waste" gems for a guaranteed roll you're very likely to get anyway.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.