Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    As a F2P player how important are Constellations in building an effective team? It seems like a lot of the potential for making a character good is from Constellations. But in order to get them (and max them out) you have to have the luck of the gods. Especially for some of the rare ones.

Are there any characters where the Constellations aren't a factor?
    The 5 stars are strong without any constellations. They are probably immortal at 6 constellations but ain't no one got money for that. c6 4* is stronger than c0 5*. Some 4* really need constellations to be useful, some are good without.

For example, my razor is c0 but he's my best character (even better than the 5* I have) but a lot of that is because I have 5* weapon on him. On the flip side of that, I tried ningguang at c0...i couldn't switch her out fast enough, she's so weak at c0.

Anyways, why are you asking this? Are you thinking of putting some money into the game or quitting? You get what you get as f2p, there's nothing you can do about it so don't worry about that.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2020-11-05 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    The 5 stars are strong without any constellations. They are probably immortal at 6 constellations but ain't no one got money for that. c6 4* is stronger than c0 5*. Some 4* really need constellations to be useful, some are good without.

For example, my razor is c0 but he's my best character (even better than the 5* I have) but a lot of that is because I have 5* weapon on him. On the flip side of that, I tried ningguang at c0...i couldn't switch her out fast enough, she's so weak at c0.

Anyways, why are you asking this? Are you thinking of putting some money into the game or quitting? You get what you get as f2p, there's nothing you can do about it so don't worry about that.
    Some of characters do get a bit of new gameplay with better constelations. I kinda lucked on Noelle and i have her on rank 5 (6 is max) and there is quite a difference. To Be Cleaned (4) makes you only apply the shield once it shatters for extra damage.

Not so lucky on Fischl tho as her Her Pilgrimage of Bleak gives her a selfheal. (wich can help a lot of abyss or harder bosses so you dont have to use a healer that much).
    Also no luck either with Barbara Vitality Burst as it pretty much shortens her cd on selfheal. Not to mention she gains damage with it.

So I learned how to maximize damage on Klee and it made a huge difference. Before I was too conservative with the E. All her bombs will detonate immediately when you throw 2nd E so might as well just throw 2 in a row. With 2nd set, I use sucrose to gather and detonate all them immediately. The other thing was not using charged attack enough. My issue with this though is it's really damn hard for me to see the indicator, especially when burst is up. So I just alternate charged attack and normal attack without even worrying about if i got the proc or not. It's worked out well so far but on higher difficulty stuff i'll prob have to chill when i get lower on stam. Speaking of charged attack into normal attack, I just immediately get normal attack in same animation as charged attack. Didn't know about this before. Last thing is animation canceling on your 1st normal attack and spamming only 1st part of normal attack. I knew about jump canceling, but it felt too slow and clunky. You can actually move forward instead and if you do it right you will be unloading 1st part of normal attack super fast.

The 5 star characters' constellations and 5 star weapons are for whales.
    Don't even get me started on fully refined 5 star weapons.

To be fair, some youtubers are sponsored by Mihoyo.
    Their accounts are free.
    Don't "follow" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Some of characters do get a bit of new gameplay with better constelations. I kinda lucked on Noelle and i have her on rank 5 (6 is max) and there is quite a difference. To Be Cleaned (4) makes you only apply the shield once it shatters for extra damage.

Not so lucky on Fischl tho as her Her Pilgrimage of Bleak gives her a selfheal. (wich can help a lot of abyss or harder bosses so you dont have to use a healer that much).
    Also no luck either with Barbara Vitality Burst as it pretty much shortens her cd on selfheal. Not to mention she gains damage with it.
    Thanks for the break down. I was just wondering how much time I should spend on characters if I am not going to ever use them. And part of that decision depends on am I playing a character someone said was good but forgot to mention that that character had max constellations. I know I shouldn't be following the advice of youtubers on this but since I can't max out the levels on every character or get max level weapons for everyone I have to guess as to who is going to be in my final party and stick with them based on how they play at low levels with poor equipment.

Is it worth it, buying the crafting material for the onehanded sword for 250 windtokens?
    I guess the Constellation probably is. No idea about such a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Ooh, Qiqi on November 27th..
    Guess I'm saving my rolls for that.

Or maybe I'll roll on the Xiao one, but I really don't want Xingqui.
    Is Xingqui not that great? Or just don't want.

I had a blast during the trial with him.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post

Xingqui is amazing with Keqing and pretty good with Diluc.

I have a question.
    Let's say I pulled a 10 for 5 times in a row.
    Got nothing. Out of gems. Cannot pull anymore. The banner ends.

Until next banner, I could save some gems and started to pull again. Does the "pity" protection start from 0 again or continues from my previous 50?

And also does each banner has its own pity protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pity is supposed to carry over to the next banner of the same type.

So if you draw 70 times on the Klee banner, you should be 20 away from pity on whatever the next character banner is.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimately you're going to buy everything from that vendor anyway. (In fact, you have to in order to unlock the endless Mora purchase)

So all good!
    I swear this pity protection doesn't work on me. I have no 5 star weapons or 5 star heroes except qiqi. I have been playing since the release. Can't remember much how many times I pulled a ten but will check my history tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I have a question.
    Let's say I pulled a 10 for 5 times in a row.
    Got nothing. Out of gems. Cannot pull anymore. The banner ends.

Until next banner, I could save some gems and started to pull again. Does the "pity" protection start from 0 again or continues from my previous 50?

And also does each banner has its own pity protection?
    The different types of wishes each have their own pity counter, where the types are Character Event Wish, Weapon Event Wish, Standard Wish, and Novice, and the pity counter does carry over to the next banner of the same type. So going from one Character banner to another (i.e. Klee to Childe or whoever), yes, the pity will carry over. But any rolls on a Character event banner won't add to the pity counter of a Weapon event banner, or vice-versa.

While I can't confirm the following, I've also heard belief that the rule that "if your first 5-star is not a featured, then your next one will be" also carries over between banners; i.e. if you get a 5-star on the Klee banner that isn't Klee, then your next 5-star is on the Childe banner, it will be guaranteed Childe... I can't say this is 100% certain, but from a few people I've talked to, so far I haven't heard anything contrary..

@Bovinity Divinity @Shaiandra

So if you've pulled a total of 200 times, but 60 of those were on the standard banner, 70 were on the weapon banner, and 70 were on a character banner, you might be just barely on the cusp of pity on all of them but not actually get anything yet.[/QUOTE]

I see. I did separate rolls on standard banner and hero banners. I would like to ask for help again tonight after I go back home. I would like to post my history and get an analyze from you guys please.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Thanks for the break down. I was just wondering how much time I should spend on characters if I am not going to ever use them. And part of that decision depends on am I playing a character someone said was good but forgot to mention that that character had max constellations. I know I shouldn't be following the advice of youtubers on this but since I can't max out the levels on every character or get max level weapons for everyone I have to guess as to who is going to be in my final party and stick with them based on how they play at low levels with poor equipment.
    Yea this is a very hard decision to make since resources are limited. Idk what to tell you. I just leveled up all my guys and decided from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    While I can't confirm the following, I've also heard belief that the rule that "if your first 5-star is not a featured, then your next one will be" also carries over between banners; i.e. if you get a 5-star on the Klee banner that isn't Klee, then your next 5-star is on the Childe banner, it will be guaranteed Childe... I can't say this is 100% certain, but from a few people I've talked to, so far I haven't heard anything contrary..
    People also have been wondering if the guaranteed character pull for banner is only 1st time because of the way it's worded. It's really hard to test this stuff since it's all just percentages but....on my 1st set of 90 (i don't remember exactly the roll #) I got qiqi, and then 2nd set I got Klee....so I think it's safe to say that guarantee for character banner is for every 180 pulls but who knows. This was for my 2nd klee btw, not 1st.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @Bovinity Divinity @Shaiandra

So if you've pulled a total of 200 times, but 60 of those were on the standard banner, 70 were on the weapon banner, and 70 were on a character banner, you might be just barely on the cusp of pity on all of them but not actually get anything yet.
    I see. I did separate rolls on standard banner and hero banners. I would like to ask for help again tonight after I go back home. I would like to post my history and get an analyze from you guys please.
    never, ever do rolls on standard banner unless it's with acquiant fates you already accumulated.

How do you see which artifact it is you're actually trashing for enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    How do you see which artifact it is you're actually trashing for enhancements?
    The only trick i know is to GIVE artifacts u want to keep to random characters...and trash the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The only trick i know is to GIVE artifacts u want to keep to random characters...and trash the rest
    hmmm, time to make use of all those characters LOL. Not ideal, but should work for now.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Is it worth it, buying the crafting material for the onehanded sword for 250 windtokens?
    I guess the Constellation probably is. No idea about such a weapon.
    You buy everything out of that shop. You will have more than enough sigils by the end.

3+ Year Old Account
    bruh that fatui stormhammer is way too tough

had a very rocky fight with a fire sniper, an anime shieldman, and an electro hammerman on 9:00 in Stormterror's lair
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post

Don't want. He's probably decent, just don't care for him. Did the quest and trial and he's just.. Not fun imo.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2020-11-06 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    bruh that fatui stormhammer is way too tough

had a very rocky fight with a fire sniper, an anime shieldman, and an electro hammerman on 9:00 in Stormterror's lair
    Well its only weakness is ice. Its even worse if he is grouped with anemo boxer (take boxers out of the range with bow or it hurts).