... LastLast

Genshin Impact

Global Website:
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en

Global Release Date:
    09/28/2020

Platforms Supported:
    PC, Android, iOS, PS4, *Nintendo Switch
    *Release date has not yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch.

Cross-play is available on all platforms, but cross-save is limited to PSN accounts only, so you can't swap platforms if you play on a PS4.
    Last edited by Clock Crispy; 2020-09-25 at 11:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty interesting and since its FtP couldnt hurt to give it a go.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I was following it for a while, got the prereg bonuses and also the promotional event rewards. So far, it's interesting, i like a lot the group/synergy mechanics. On mobile it kinda sucks as controls are super clunky but i'm an old grumpy used to play on pc (though i'm not able to make the controller work there).

Disclaimer: it's a gacha game, so don't expect anything different from that. Though the currency is farmable and every X rolls you have a guaranteed win, so it's pretty fair in that. Anyway, there's no PvP nor the devs plan to introduce it, so if you take it as a "let's do stuff game", it's more than fine.

Downloads are super slow at the moment, probably because servers are overloaded and they're throttling speeds. But it's prefect playable, no lags and sub 30 ping (at least on the Europe server).

Game is cross platform (pc, mobile and ps4) and mobile/pc have cross save, meaning you can play on both and progress.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah started downloading it last night and it was throttled to hell and back. as low as .05 mbs. gonna mess around with it later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Gotta admit I'm very impressed with this game. It's not perfect, I've encountered a few bugs (nothing game-breaking) and I'm not a fan of the gear system, but overall for the low price of free, it's hard to find too much fault with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It lost my interest when I found out it was a gacha
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Got it myself,i simply adore how the world looks,combat feels nice...but my gosh does the leveling feel weird....got a bunch of xp cards that just boosted me instantly to higher levels...idk it just feels off

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    It's not a problem. The game gives you a full party of characters for free which is more than enough to play through the entire game. You never have to spend real money as you gradually earn currency towards the gatcha and right now they are even giving players 20 free rolls which should get you a couple of additional characters to play with.

But the point is you don't need to rely on the gatcha to actually play the game.

I got addicted (not to the gacha but to gameplay and exploration) damn quickly. Bring the cute waifus ffs.

Youre not forced to pay for gacha, you get enough to make some rolls almost everyday.

Got 3 of the 4 characters I can get from the second banner, all this with 0.0€ spent

Of course I play on pc. Glad I predownloaded it when the server was still okayish (2mb sec). In game the server is perfect, 20 ms.

I'm a sucker for cute games like that...

I'm adventure lvl 10 and the gameplay is not O O O O O anymore. Give it a try but wait a few hours before saying it sucks (5h ?)
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-09-30 at 06:46 AM.

So its pretty much pve with exploring like botw and getting new gear? is there singleplayer or multiplayer dungeon to explore? I dont like PVP so are you forced to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Since there is no PvP, and they are not planning on adding PvP... it hardly matters... the most Gacha games are based on the fact, that you constantly get rekt by paying players and its forcing you to spend money to avoid that... this cant happen here

its pretty appealing to try tbh

I'm interested in this game, and will play it, but not until they patch it so I can rebind my keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    So its pretty much pve with exploring like botw and getting new gear? is there singleplayer or multiplayer dungeon to explore? I dont like PVP so are you forced to that?
    There is some coop dungeons but you can do it alone to with your 4 characters team but it's not before rank 16 so the first 10 to 15h or so are single player. And you cant open chests if you dont host a game in coop; the coop seems meh (I'm not ar 16 yet)

It's not really a "mmorpg", I havent seen another player yet and I've played something like 7-8h

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Got it myself,i simply adore how the world looks,combat feels nice...but my gosh does the leveling feel weird....got a bunch of xp cards that just boosted me instantly to higher levels...idk it just feels off

The leveling of your characters "matters less" than your adventure lvl; thats your "real" level. My heroine is already lvl 20 (max for this part of the game). you loot a lot, and i mean, a lot of these books in the first hours. But dont waste them on 3 stars or bad 4 stars characters too much (the epic books, mostly). You get books in almost every chest

I'm new to this game too but I think the goal is to have a good team with 4 different elements compatible to do combos between them (like water -> cold -> fire -> bolt) and at least one ranged
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-09-30 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm...
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/genshin-impact/anti-cheat

Seems like this game has some anti-cheat spyware problem. Probaly a good idea to wait for a while.
    But does co-op game even need it? There is no pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Did the 10 free roll thingy and got Venti, Mona(5 stars) as well as some 4 star character.
    Pretty lucky considering the 5 stars are all 0.6%

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Though the currency is farmable and every X rolls you have a guaranteed win, so it's pretty fair in that.
    Well in a german gaming magazine they said every 90 rolls is a guaranteed win. Considering every roll is 3 euro and the chance for a 5 star is 0.6% thats pretty harsh imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well in a german gaming magazine they said every 90 rolls is a guaranteed win. Considering every roll is 3 euro and the chance for a 5 star is 0.6% thats pretty harsh imo.
    270 euro for a character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I was following it for a while, got the prereg bonuses and also the promotional event rewards. So far, it's interesting, i like a lot the group/synergy mechanics. On mobile it kinda sucks as controls are super clunky but i'm an old grumpy used to play on pc (though i'm not able to make the controller work there).

Disclaimer: it's a gacha game, so don't expect anything different from that. Though the currency is farmable and every X rolls you have a guaranteed win, so it's pretty fair in that. Anyway, there's no PvP nor the devs plan to introduce it, so if you take it as a "let's do stuff game", it's more than fine.

Downloads are super slow at the moment, probably because servers are overloaded and they're throttling speeds. But it's prefect playable, no lags and sub 30 ping (at least on the Europe server).

Game is cross platform (pc, mobile and ps4) and mobile/pc have cross save, meaning you can play on both and progress.
    Yeah I can confirm the download thing, I have 500 mbps internet and Genshin was downloaded at around 0.20-0.26 MB per second. I'll check it out when there are mirrors with better DL speeds.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

i have no idea about gacha games, but looking at the character screen, the amount of stuff i have never heard of is kind of annoying.
    i know it will matter later, but right now its just ... stuff ... that doesnt matter.

the gameplay is nice and the combat is fun enough. will continue to play, at least until the p2w and timegating shows its ugly face.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hm...
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/genshin-impact/anti-cheat

Seems like this game has some anti-cheat spyware problem. Probaly a good idea to wait for a while.
    But does co-op game even need it? There is no pvp.
    It's not a spyware, it just doesnt close automatically when you close the game. If you know how to kill a process its no big deal, and it will be patched