Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    had no idea. How you do that? I don't remember seeing a buy option when I clicked on them.
    Top right on the SP page, there's a button

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Top right on the SP page, there's a button
    holy shit! indeed. I thought that "purchase level" was simply a graph indicating the level when I could purchase. looooll I could actually click and buy the last 2 levels. haha thank you so much. It cost 300 gems but that is still a plus 300 gems for me from level 50. Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Did an alleluhya pull on the klee banner with the tokens I got from the season pass and finally got Klee herself.

No dupes for constellation but w/e at this point
    Yeah, Klee is adorable. I'm also on C0 Klee, and she's like, level 5, but I'll get her up...
    At some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    holy shit! indeed. I thought that "purchase level" was simply a graph indicating the level when I could purchase. looooll I could actually click and buy the last 2 levels. haha thank you so much. It cost 300 gems but that is still a plus 300 gems for me from level 50. Thank you!
    Why buy them? If I am reading the BP chart right, youll have 1 day to do all the weeklies in the next week to finish it out. Not to mention that would be 3 dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why buy them? If I am reading the BP chart right, youll have 1 day to do all the weeklies in the next week to finish it out. Not to mention that would be 3 dailies.

100 local specialties: I don't believe there are 100 on the map? Might be wrong.
    Wolf + dragon: 120 resin. Doable. 1350 xp
    Use 1600 resin: 1600 resin. Possible, but unlikely. You'll need like 24 fragile resin
    15 domains: 0 resin (counts even if you don't pay). Doable, 450xp
    20 leylines: 320 resin (16 need to be paid for, 4 can be free). Need fragile resin, so probably not.
    Forge/cook 20 items: easily doable, 720xp
    500k Mora: Easily doable, 450 xp

So that's what, 3000 xp?

But then you won't get that xp for the next battle pass, assuming it starts tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    100 local specialties: I don't believe there are 100 on the map? Might be wrong.
    Wolf + dragon: 120 resin. Doable. 1350 xp
    Use 1600 resin: 1600 resin. Possible, but unlikely. You'll need like 24 fragile resin
    15 domains: 0 resin (counts even if you don't pay). Doable, 450xp
    20 leylines: 320 resin (16 need to be paid for, 4 can be free). Need fragile resin, so probably not.
    Forge/cook 20 items: easily doable, 720xp
    500k Mora: Easily doable, 450 xp

So that's what, 3000 xp?

But then you won't get that xp for the next battle pass, assuming it starts tomorrow
    Esentually yes. If they only need 2 levels, the bosses, domains, mora, forge and cook are doable in one day. + the daily ones themselves to do. Easily over the 2k threshold for the last two levels since they are 1k each. Worse case scenario, they buy 1 level instead of two. Liyue may be very doable on the specialties. Cor ore counts. Silkflower has 2 harvestable items and they count. So I would think that one can be done too.

As for not getting the exp for the next battle pass, maybe? We don't know if everything is wiped clean / reset at the start of a battle pass or not. So its possible that all the weeklies would reset. Though worst case scenario, you miss 1 week of those tasks and still be fine. After all, I think I didn't start mine until 2 or 3 weeks passed. So that would be 3 weeklies I didn't get and still hit level 50 earlier this week.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    So is this actually worth trying? Will it be useless to even try after all these freebies they’ve given out? Is it pay to win and hope for freebies or can you realistically advance in the GAME without forking over a penny or waiting for feebies? I have zero interest in spending a single cent on a gacha game, is it worth trying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    So is this actually worth trying? Will it be useless to even try after all these freebies they’ve given out? Is it pay to win and hope for freebies or can you realistically advance in the GAME without forking over a penny or waiting for feebies? I have zero interest in spending a single cent on a gacha game, is it worth trying?
    Well free to play players that started before do have a bit more advantage, but not by much. If you realy wana start, do it today because patch hits tommorow and re-rolling for 5 star characters wont be possible anymore.

Also we get free primogems tommorow due to maintrance.

1) Yes. Very worth trying. Lots to do and patch with more hits on the 11th.

2) No, its not useless after the freebies. You can always earn more, slowly, but it is there to be able to. About 150 gems a day just from playing when you get to rank 12.

3) No pay to win to it. Its possible, with skill, to beat even the most challenging content currently in game with nothing but the free characters that you get. One guy has done just that without ever using the roll system.

4) Yes, you can advance without spending money. Spending money only slightly increases the speed, if you're lucky. They have a daily limit as to how many times you could refill the resin, (games energy system for higher content), with money.

TLDR: you can do even the best content, as long as you're skilled, without ever touching the gacha system.

It's not P2W because there's nothing to "win". It's mostly a single player game as of now. If they ever add a competitive element like PvP, it would certainly be P2W, but that seems doubtful. As others said, you can complete all of the game's content without rolling - and unless you make a challenge for yourself, you WILL be rolling as F2P, as well, just a lot slower.
    But then you are definitely going to hit a resource wall past AR30, especially if you didn't hoard materials and limited yourself mostly to upgrading your 2 main DPS. But that's the nature of the game, if you pay a bit (blessing + BP, which means ~15 dollars a month), you may hit that wall a lot later or not at all, but it's there. Levelling characters and weapons requires 5 different types of resources, all of which are time-gated. You're still going to pass that wall as F2P eventually, but it's painfully slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I wonder what the new weapon banners will look like.
    Not really interested in the characters except for the 5* and 4* but I'm too far away from getting Childe.
    I have no room for Beidou (even though she's one of the coolest characters) and Ninguang works just fine with C0.

A good 4* weapon however... like.. Rust or Lion Heart. Hell, I could work with that.
    And the rates are better in the weapon banner too.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... The next banner is really annoying.
    Because I don't want 2 of the 4* characters, and don't care about the 5*..

Oh well, I need me that loli

I was actually in your position a couple of weeks ago regarding this game. There's a very split opinion on this game spread across the internet where some call it good and the others call it gacha trash. In my opinion both are partly true, it is a gacha game and buying the ingame currency just to roll on stuff is pure gambling with horrible "win" rates. It is however a fairly good game in regards to the story and overall feel of the game.

There's generally only two things that are "worth it" to buy in this game and that is the battle pass (10$) and a monthly currency pack (5$).

My recommendation: Try it. It's free so it doesn't really hurt putting a couple of hours into it to see if you enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    ... The next banner is really annoying.
    Because I don't want 2 of the 4* characters, and don't care about the 5*..

Oh well, I need me that loli
    That's kind of where I'm at for the current banner I just really want Xingqiu to compliment my Keqing, but don't want to keep dumping all my primogems into it.

really excited for the loli though as next time I need to trek across the ocean she will make it way faster than it was with Kaeya.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Dang, so the next banner is Childe after all. Guess I'm going to be continuing to save up my primogens for Zhongli.

Diona is cute, but as a bow-user, she's no Fischl. Beidou is awesome, but she's no Razor (and I switched to Klee as my primary DPS, anyway). I already managed to get Ninnguang from one of my "free" Acquaint Fate rolls. And Childe has a neat design and gimmick, but I friggin' hate his guts for story reasons. Also, even as a 5*, I doubt he's going to be on par with Fischl or Venti.

Still crossing my fingers and hoping both Zhongli and Xinyan are good. Kind of have the cards stacked against them though, what with Zhongli being Geo and Xinyan's abilities sounding way too defensive.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Dang, so the next banner is Childe after all. Guess I'm going to be continuing to save up my primogens for Zhongli.

Diona is cute, but as a bow-user, she's no Fischl. Beidou is awesome, but she's no Razor (and I switched to Klee as my primary DPS, anyway). I already managed to get Ninnguang from one of my "free" Acquaint Fate rolls. And Childe has a neat design and gimmick, but I friggin' hate his guts for story reasons. Also, even as a 5*, I doubt he's going to be on par with Fischl or Venti.
    From the looks of it Childe is going to be a DPS. The only "good" bow dps char currently is Fischl but as you mentioned she is only a 4* which means that she will have lower base stats than Childe. Just comparing them 1 to 1 Childe is almost certainly be better than Fischl. By how much? Dunno.
    Still crossing my fingers and hoping both Zhongli and Xinyan are good. Kind of have the cards stacked against them though, what with Zhongli being Geo and Xinyan's abilities sounding way too defensive.
    There were some leaks previously that mentioned Zhonglis ATK multipliers and those were huge. 700% ATK multi for his elemental burst for example.

Additionally I doubt that Mihoyo would release a subpar 5* character. It just doesn't make much sense when those are in my opinion the biggest driving factors for players spending money in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well free to play players that started before do have a bit more advantage, but not by much. If you realy wana start, do it today because patch hits tommorow and re-rolling for 5 star characters wont be possible anymore.
    How can they possibly fix creating a new account to reroll?

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda pissed i have to wait to get zhongli'd

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    By not giving away the piles of Primo that every new account received.
    So... there's no first hit? I don't know of a gacha game alive that doesn't have some kind of free character roll(s) very early in the game. That sounds like a horrible mistake to me, but who knows... maybe they topped out and aren't expecting any new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Of course, we'll have to see just how good Childe is. There's no guarantee that a 5* will be as good as other 5* characters, or even particularly amazing on their own. (See: Jean)
    What? Jean is incredibly good.