Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Kinda pissed i have to wait to get zhongli'd
    I really don't get what everyone's fascination with him is. Like, at all.
    Is it just because he's hot? Because I don't see it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    From the looks of it Childe is going to be a DPS. The only "good" bow dps char currently is Fischl but as you mentioned she is only a 4* which means that she will have lower base stats than Childe. Just comparing them 1 to 1 Childe is almost certainly be better than Fischl. By how much? Dunno.
    Ah, I always forget the fact that 5* have inherently higher base stats as well. Even if it does turn out he's amazing, I think I'll still probably stick with Fischl, rather than gamble away my gems on a character I'm not all that fond of.

There were some leaks previously that mentioned Zhonglis ATK multipliers and those were huge. 700% ATK multi for his elemental burst for example.

Additionally I doubt that Mihoyo would release a subpar 5* character. It just doesn't make much sense when those are in my opinion the biggest driving factors for players spending money in the game.
    That sounds promising, at least. Zhongli is probably my favorite character from Genshin right now, so I was going to roll for him and upgrade him regardless, but knowing he's also a decent character from a gameplay perspective would help make me feel better about the cost of doing so.

And while you're right that Mihoyo would likely never intentionally release a subpar 5* character, there is sometimes a disconnect between what a developer believes is good and what the players actually end up parsing out. Also, from a sheer statistical standpoint, especially as more and more characters get released, there are bound to be some stinkers in there, even if "stinker" simply means a 5* that's just subpar when compared to similar 5*s.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Is it just because he's hot?
    Heeeeeeeeeeeww

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If you had to pick one character to solo content with, she'd be great.
    I kind of want her just in case we get more player party-based content down the road. Having a character that can do a little of everything is great when you don't know what the other players might be bringing.

I really don't get what everyone's fascination with him is. Like, at all.
    Is it just because he's hot? Because I don't see it personally.
    He's got a really cool design, and a super chill personality. Even Paimon teasing him or being sent on wild cocogoat chases barely seem to phase him. And honestly, listening to him ramble about the various minutia of Liyue culture has been one of the more weirdly enjoyable moments of the story for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Ah, I always forget the fact that 5* have inherently higher base stats as well. Even if it does turn out he's amazing, I think I'll still probably stick with Fischl, rather than gamble away my gems on a character I'm not all that fond of.
    Well that is the best mentality to have. The best way to play the game is to play in a way you personally enjoy and if you like Fischl more than Childe then that is how you should play.

That sounds promising, at least. Zhongli is probably my favorite character from Genshin right now, so I was going to roll for him and upgrade him regardless, but knowing he's also a decent character from a gameplay perspective would help make me feel better about the cost of doing so.

And while you're right that Mihoyo would likely never intentionally release a subpar 5* character, there is sometimes a disconnect between what a developer believes is good and what the players actually end up parsing out. Also, from a sheer statistical standpoint, especially as more and more characters get released, there are bound to be some stinkers in there, even if "stinker" simply means a 5* that's just subpar when compared to similar 5*s.
    True, let's just hope that what they find good coincides with what the playerbase finds good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Regarding Childe, they made his melee stuff all look so cool that I'm going to be really sad if you're locked to the bow stuff a lot in some way.

But we'll find out wednesday!
    Well he is kinda like a warrior stance dancing betwen daggers and bow. And damage from ultimate is different for weapons. But i still think mona is better as 5 star water dps due to easier use.

Anyway new banners:
    https://www.gensh.in/events/gacha-ba...snezhnaya-2020
    https://www.gensh.in/events/gacha-ba...ocation-201111
    May take a while for info to get updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's got a really cool design, and a super chill personality. Even Paimon teasing him or being sent on wild cocogoat chases barely seem to phase him. And honestly, listening to him ramble about the various minutia of Liyue culture has been one of the more weirdly enjoyable moments of the story for me.
    Yeah okay, I didn't care much for him during the quest. Found him super boring and one-note.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Heeeeeeeeeeeww
    wat

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah okay, I didn't care much for him during the quest. Found him super boring and one-note.

wat
    If youre arent a fan of dick its not really a wonder why you might not like him that much

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So wait, is there no Zhongli? Oh lawd my wife is going to be so upset XD

Different strokes for different folks, and all that. I usually like characters that are a little less...boisterous.

As an example you might relate to a bit better, I really like Qi Qi for similar reasons. I find the the "near-emotionless girl" archetype to be strangely endearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Hide your credit card or she will pull out all money out of bank .

Anyway, its a good idea to get rid of all reshin today (dont save it due to maintrance).
    Last edited by Yunru; 2020-11-09 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    The Zhongli banner will arrive on the 1st of December, effectivly replacing the Childe one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, you guys gona hate this:

Anyway, you guys gona hate this:
    video
    That doesn't really do anything. The current way to craft enhancement ores will still exist. All that does is add another way to craft them that also provides adventure xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't really do anything. The current way to craft enhancement ores will still exist. All that does is add another way to craft them that also provides adventure xp.
    It costs reshin

I kind of want her just in case we get more player party-based content down the road. Having a character that can do a little of everything is great when you don't know what the other players might be bringing.

My $20 spent party is Venti/Jean/Klee/C3 Fischl. I actually like Jean and Venti together because it makes it really easy to group mobs together (Jean E for getting the stragglers over and has super short CD & Venti Q). Then I just press Fischl E and go ham with Klee while the mob's are CC'd in the vortex and elemental reactions go boom.

Jean is also kinda good in the fact her heals scales on her attack so you can almost build her like a dps.

Now my problem is that I only have 4 characters leveled up to 60 and the rest are below level 20 so I can't start the 5th floor since you need two teams of 4.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-09 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It costs reshin
    Considering that there wasn't a way to level up weapons with Resin before, it's honestly not surprising. On top of that, it also gives AR experience, so it's akin to farming Domains for artifact fodder.

I think I'll not pull in 2020 anymore.
    The new banners aren't worth it. The weapon banner is relatively nice but the 5* "Geo" Weapon is not worth it.

20-40% ATK is so worthless. And it has only 46 base attack if I'm not mistaken, so it's double worthless.

The harp is *amazing* and clearly BiS for any bow-user ... but getting that dud is too much of a risk.
    In fact, the harp is *so* good that it's almost worth rolling for even though the alternative 5* is so bad.

I guess I'm gonna wait for some really cool 5* unit I like. Like the Ice-Sword girl who was also in the CBT.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-09 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I think I'll not pull in 2020 anymore.
    The new banners aren't worth it. The weapon banner is relatively nice but the 5* "Geo" Weapon is not worth it.

20-40% ATK is so worthless.

The harp is amazing but getting that dud is too much of a risk.

Gonna wait for some really cool 5* unit. Like the Ice-Sword girl who was also in the CBT.
    Yeh I have like 5 banner wishes + 3000 pyrogems sitting right now. I got Klee on my first wish on that banner so i've just been saving since then.

My account doesn't even know what Pity is. First novice 10 roll I got Jean, second 10 roll on Venti banner I got Venti, and first wish on Klee banner I got Klee.. /shrug.

Not really sure what I want, but I also need a second team to do the abyss, but I don't want to waste my materials if I end up getting someone in the new banner I want to level up. I'm just so tempted to level up 'Bae'dou.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-09 at 06:26 PM.

It costs reshin
    well, yeah. You get experience from it which is what the resin provides.