Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It makes no sense to not roll for 10 pulls they aren't worse. You get a pity 4* on every 10th pull, wether you do that with 10 pulls at once or with 10x1 pulls.
    The rates are the same. It only matters for the last pulls and when you want to stop after reaching the 5*pity. But since the pity carries over anyway, it doesn't even matter there.
    And if I want the specific weapon, I roll on the weapon. The rates on there are still higher than anywhere else and I get the pity earlier.
    If I'd roll on the "general banner" I'd get a character I might not want.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...s_a_soft_pity/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...ongmisleading/

Rolling 10 is statisticaly worse. And people prove it. Unless you roll in a bad zone betwen 21 and 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Rolling 10 is statisticaly worse. And people prove it. Unless you roll in a bad zone betwen 21 and 75.

No?
    Where do you see that, lol.
    Do you understand, that no pity is "lost"?
    There - is - no - benefit. Unless you never pull again on that banner*type*

10+ Year Old Account

What @KrayZ33 said. The only time to trying and do single pulls is if you're wanting to switch off of that banner as soon as you pull your pity. If you look at the pull history, the pity is always kicking in at the right time no matter whether you're doing 10s or 1s.

As for what those links are saying, that's talking about a separate "soft" pity that kicks in at about 70 rolls and boosts your chances to pull the 5* before you hit the "hard" pity at 90. So, during a 10 pull, if you hit that "soft" pity mid 10 pull, it'd apply when it needs to.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2020-11-12 at 11:57 PM. Reason: clarified

And i guess elemental mastery stacking would be pretty smart on her. (i guess i have to replace schoolar set on her with something else 4x)
    So I'm not 100% clear on EM. Isn't EM beneficial for the trigger character? Wouldn't you want to use Diona as the setup and then use someone else to trigger the reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, I literally can't take Childe to abyss and have him function as a DPS because I'm constantly having to sit there in a long cooldown where he can't do shit, so someone else has to step in and carry him.

Sure, when he's in melee form he destroys things. But especially in abyss where spawns are staggered and whatnot, you're just constantly sitting there in cooldown - or unable to actually press E because there's only one mob left in a wave and you can't waste it yet or something.

With C6 none of this matters, you're a fully functioning DPS that can actually do shit.
    After looking into it, I don't really think that he's that dysfunctional at C0. Sure you can't solely use him as the CD will hinder you from using him as the sole carry.

Let's say you're using Diluc and Childe in the same party. When you're using Childe his dps is most likely far outclassing everyone currently when he's using his E abillty (and the ele burst in E form). Then when you swap over to Diluc Childe will provide a roughly 9% more dmg multiplier to his normal/charged attacks (depending on your talent level).

So factoring all this you have an X long duration where you can dish out some ridiculous numbers then swap over to your other DPS and deal almost as much as you would if Childe would have been a support char instead (supporting your main dps).

But then again, you would need to have twice the amount of good DPS artifacts to actually make this work.

Right, that's what I was getting at in an earlier post.

You can use him, but you need a second DPS carry to patch up the big holes, which starts to feel like it's defeating the purpose of a DPS to begin with. At that point you might as well just use him as a burst character like Mona.

But then at C6 he's a fully functioning DPS character. It's completely different, which is what's a little frustrating to me.
    Yeah, it is a litte different playstyle I guess some will like it some will hate it.

I also agree that locking the perma E behind C6 is completely ridculous. How they thought locking a completely new playstyle behind constellations, especially the sixth, is beyond me. They should have just made his constellation like all the other characters, improve what is already there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those posts don't even say what you think they're saying. That has nothing to do with single pulls "having different RNG".

Seriously, stop repeating the clickbait nonsense.
    Rolling single wishes is the best option since you get the chance of not using the the pity and resetting it, IIRC
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

As a non-paying player, I figure I can afford 50 wishes every BP period.

Got lucky and unlocked Ningguang. Hope she's pretty good. Though there is something funny about making the rich and powerful leader of Liyue my errand bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally nothing changes whether you use 1 wish or 10.

The ONLY reason you'd do it is if you know you're close to pity or the soft pity and want to stop as soon as you get the 5* to save pulls AND you don't care about building toward the next pity.

It doesn't change the pity timer, it doesn't "change the RNG", it doesn't do anything. It's only a matter of pulling one by one when you know you're close so you can stop when you get the 5*.
    I might be wrong here, but if you pull 10 at the same time, it does a single roll for all of them and guarantees you the pity. Its incredibly rare to get more than 1 4* in a 10 pull. Now if you pull 1 at a time you do 10 individual rolls.

I being doing single pulls for some time and I am consitently getting better pull in the rarity department, maybe is just my impression but that is how i got all of my 5* in like, 10 pulls. It might not make a diference and i just got INCREDIBLY lucky, but I never will have the primogem to roll 10 at once ever again anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    As a non-paying player, I figure I can afford 50 wishes every BP period.

Got lucky and unlocked Ningguang. Hope she's pretty good. Though there is something funny about making the rich and powerful leader of Liyue my errand bitch.
    Ningguang is one of the best DPS characters out there. You would however need her first constellation if you want her to fit that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I might be wrong here, but if you pull 10 at the same time, it does a single roll for all of them and guarantees you the pity. Its incredibly rare to get more than 1 4* in a 10 pull. Now if you pull 1 at a time you do 10 individual rolls.

I being doing single pulls for some time and I am consitently getting better pull in the rarity department, maybe is just my impression but that is how i got all of my 5* in like, 10 pulls. It might not make a diference and i just got INCREDIBLY lucky, but I never will have the primogem to roll 10 at once ever again anyway
    Nah you are wrong, it does 1x10 pulls.

If im at 69 pulls (% goes up at 70 if i remember correctly).
    If i do 1 10 pull to get me to 79 its the same as 10 1 pulls.

The only difference is if i wanted to stop at the 5* at got it on pull 74 i would "waste" the last 5 rolls. If you only want the 5* do singles. If you don't care do 10s.

Just people spouting nonsense for clicks.

I'm curious why the sexy Fatui Electro mages say "Look at me just once more." when you defeat them

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Try 160+ wishes for one 5*
    You guys have some insanely bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    You guys have some insanely bad luck.
    Well, what he mentioned is impossible.

With C6 none of this matters, you're a fully functioning DPS that can actually do shit.
    Wait, wait, wait....It didn't even occur to me before but I read it again after you mentioned it. That c6 makes it possible to stay in melee stance forever?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Well, what he mentioned is impossible.
    They probably meant for the 5* they want but pretending it's just 1 5* heh.

- - - Updated - - -

R-N-G

I've gotten multiple 4* constantly and I do 10 pulls. I've also gotten 5* in the 30-40 range where multiple people have stated in youtube videos that's the rarest point to pull a 5*. I've even got a 5* plus 4*. All 10 pulls. Honestly, stop paying attention to this crap. RNG is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arinitty View Post
    Nah you are wrong, it does 1x10 pulls.

If im at 69 pulls (% goes up at 70 if i remember correctly).
    If i do 1 10 pull to get me to 79 its the same as 10 1 pulls.

The only difference is if i wanted to stop at the 5* at got it on pull 74 i would "waste" the last 5 rolls. If you only want the 5* do singles. If you don't care do 10s.

Just people spouting nonsense for clicks.
    Oh well, it seems like I learned something today. Gonna keep doing one wish at a time though, I will never have enough primogems to blow on 10 at once. And I am not going to spend a dime on this game, or at least I will avoid it as much as I can.

Wait, wait, wait....It didn't even occur to me before but I read it again after you mentioned it. That c6 makes it possible to stay in melee stance forever?

- - - Updated - - -

They probably meant for the 5* they want but pretending it's just 1 5* heh.

- - - Updated - - -

R-N-G

I've gotten multiple 4* constantly and I do 10 pulls. I've also gotten 5* in the 30-40 range where multiple people have stated in youtube videos that's the rarest point to pull a 5*. I've even got a 5* plus 4*. All 10 pulls. Honestly, stop paying attention to this crap. RNG is RNG.
    Yeah its just clickbait. A couple of the videos I watched that were titled like "OMG DO SINGLE PULLS SOOOO MANY 5*S OMGOMGOMG" even say in the video that 1 vs 10 makes no difference but if you are free to play and not waste rolls past the 5* to do singles.

And idk what in the fuck that guy was talking about when they said you only get 1 4* in 10 pulls. By best two 10 pulls were

1 klee
    1 useless water guy
    1 noelle
    1 sucrose

And

3 sucrose
    1 noelle
    1 useless water guy
    1 stringless

Rest 3 *s, so 6 4*s in one 10 pull.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could use some help with how to best utilize my team. Right now I have Lisa, Sucrose, barbara & Diluc.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to use them to get the best EM reactions. I will be replacing Lisa with Fischl when the free one comes out, but that should not change anything cause they are both electric.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    I could use some help with how to best utilize my team. Right now I have Lisa, Sucrose, barbara & Diluc.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to use them to get the best EM reactions. I will be replacing Lisa with Fischl when the free one comes out, but that should not change anything cause they are both electric.

Thanks.
    Sounds pretty straight forward doesn't it?
    Fischl support, Diluc main DPS. Sucrose is actually dealing a lot of damage too, Barbara as healing
    Reactions come naturally simply by switching your characters around and using their elemental skills.

for exmaple, I'd do it like this.

If I want overload and there are multiple enemies:

Fischl E -> Sucrose E > Diluc

If I want vaporize and there are multiple enemies:

Barbara Autoattack -> Sucrose E > Diluc

If there is just 1 enemy or 2. just leave out Sucrose.
    And work with Barbara's E to apply Wet multiple times without switching away from Diluc.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-13 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm not 100% clear on EM. Isn't EM beneficial for the trigger character? Wouldn't you want to use Diona as the setup and then use someone else to trigger the reaction?
    Well her 6 slot has a buff when characters are over 50% on it (for switching). She also does work well with Fishil bird to trigger ice reactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well, it seems like I learned something today. Gonna keep doing one wish at a time though, I will never have enough primogems to blow on 10 at once. And I am not going to spend a dime on this game, or at least I will avoid it as much as I can.
    1 wish is better to do overall as you may hit a 5 star on even 40 and then you end up wasting new rolls with increased chance (1-20).