Thread: Genshin Impact

Does Stormterror suddenly get more difficult at 80? I just tried him and at 50% he lit up all the platforms instead of just two.

Guess it was just a bug tried it again and he didn't blow up all the platforms this time. Ended up getting a claw and plume so it might have been worth all the wasted food.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-11-23 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Honestly? Most of the time it'll just result in slower fights, not impossible ones.

I've been running around with my level 40 Noelle with level 1 artifacts and a level 1 weapon killing stuff at world level 6 just to be stupid. It's surprising how often it's perfectly fine, just slower.

There are so many situations where mobs don't even seem to be fighting back (Which goes back to my venting about how mobs just run away or stand there so damn often!) with the exception of a few really tough groups.
    Yeah, but the difference is Noelle is a healer, and Diluc sets everything, including himself, on fire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Does Stormterror suddenly get more difficult at 80? I just tried him and at 50% he lit up all the platforms instead of just two.

Guess it was just a bug tried it again and he didn't blow up all the platforms this time. Ended up getting a claw and plume so it might have been worth all the wasted food.
    If by 80 you mean AR40, then you unlock a new difficulty. If by 80 you mean just getting a character to level 80, then no.

And yeah, I've never had him blow up all of the platforms in one go, that's definitely a bug

So, is the final stage of the event good to do solo or co-op? Just did a solo and felt very lack luster. I had buffs but they weren't that great in solo it seems. One was a aura that buffs those around me. Certainly not useful to me solo
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, is the final stage of the event good to do solo or co-op? Just did a solo and felt very lack luster. I had buffs but they weren't that great in solo it seems. One was a aura that buffs those around me. Certainly not useful to me solo
    It doesn't really matter if you do it co-op or solo. Co-op spawns a couple more enemies, but you're 4 times as many people to handle it, so it doesn't matter.

It's probably slightly faster with 4 people, but who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    All depends on how powerful your team is, really.

If you're some whale that can clear it in 2:30, then go for it solo. If you need some help, go for the co-op version.
    How is it in terms of difficulty compared to the previous challenge?

My problem with this event is that it costs resin to do. I just hit rank 40 2 days ago and yet I don't have any ascension mats to hit level 80 since I've been spending all my resin on the meteor things.. lol.. Now the next phase of the event is starting and it costs resin too. But I really would like the C4 fischl.

Now shadowlands is starting up and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up anymore.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-23 at 09:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    How is it in terms of difficulty compared to the previous challenge?
    its not really difficult at all just sucks when you are infusing energy into the meteorite if you get hit you get interrupted and can lose the energy you gathered.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, but the difference is Noelle is a healer, and Diluc sets everything, including himself, on fire.

- - - Updated - - -

If by 80 you mean AR40, then you unlock a new difficulty. If by 80 you mean just getting a character to level 80, then no.

And yeah, I've never had him blow up all of the platforms in one go, that's definitely a bug
    The recommended lvl 80 one terror 5. Wasn't sure what adventure lvl it unlocked. Bosses seem a little more buggy than usual just smacked Childe 3 so hard he duplicated in his cutscene.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The recommended lvl 80 one terror 5. Wasn't sure what adventure lvl it unlocked. Bosses seem a little more buggy than usual just smacked Childe 3 so hard he duplicated in his cutscene.
    The game in general seems to be quite buggy atm. I thought it was just me. The music has literally been freaking out, with it cutting out or being distorted. Sometimes I had issue with party setup screen and there'd be 2 different characters in 1 slot merged together (which sometimes looks really funny). Oh and mouse cursor just disappearing, that's a really annoying one.

Did the test run for Childe. Not impressed at all. His description says you can swap between melee and ranged at will, yet you cant actually do that. I went melee, changed to another character to use his frost ability, then back to Childe who had been forced back to ranged, thus making that set up useless. Oh, and he had like a 30 second CD to change back to melee from ranged. So it seems swapping forces him back to ranged and changing between the two has a long CD for part of it.

He would certainly be fun if you actually could swap freely.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the test run for Childe. Not impressed at all. His description says you can swap between melee and ranged at will, yet you cant actually do that. I went melee, changed to another character to use his frost ability, then back to Childe who had been forced back to ranged, thus making that set up useless. Oh, and he had like a 30 second CD to change back to melee from ranged. So it seems swapping forces him back to ranged and changing between the two has a long CD for part of it.

The CD to switch back to melee gets longer the longer you stay into melee, so the main builds with him is to do short burst of melee/ult and swap over to other characters to pop their skills/bursts and swap back. Unless you have C6, then the CD is reset for the melee switch if you pop the ult.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    The game in general seems to be quite buggy atm. I thought it was just me. The music has literally been freaking out, with it cutting out or being distorted. Sometimes I had issue with party setup screen and there'd be 2 different characters in 1 slot merged together (which sometimes looks really funny). Oh and mouse cursor just disappearing, that's a really annoying one.
    Last time I tried Stormterror my character literally fell through his back and couldn't get out until he got up again three times in a row. Had to break his shield extra times because of that bug was just really frustrating especially since he has a soft enrage timer that makes you eat up your food.

Also annoying that many abilities just straight up don't work while you are on his back (Klee E for example since she just throws it off the side).

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah no... shut up and a pay us whale money to do this. His other skills reduce a cd on this.
    The longer you have swords out, the longer the cd on ability. Its realy a anoying character to play as main dps so mine is benched (why the hell did i get him on 40 grrr).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Last time I tried Stormterror my character literally fell through his back and couldn't get out until he got up again three times in a row. Had to break his shield extra times because of that bug was just really frustrating especially since he has a soft enrage timer that makes you eat up your food.
    Food? You dont run him with a healer character? Heck you can use Barbara to heal up while you wait for boss to land while you dodge his attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    That invalidates any comment you might just make
    why is that? he is level 50. I am world rank 6 now. he is still using his default white quality claymore lmao.
    The only thing he is good at and the reason he is in the party is to melt ice slimes and burn vines around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Co-op is better as you can join a newbie world and do it in a min or 2 easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yeah no... shut up and a pay us whale money to do this. His other skills reduce a cd on this.
    The longer you have swords out, the longer the cd on ability. Its realy a anoying character to play as main dps so mine is benched (why the hell did i get him on 40 grrr).

- - - Updated - - -

Food? You dont run him with a healer character? Heck you can use Barbara to heal up while you wait for boss to land while you dodge his attacks.
    But once you land to try to bring shield down, your health drops like a rock and heals aren't enough. It wasn't hard, but it was just annoying that he had a couple extra shield phases I had to do because of a glitch that kicked me out of doing any damage during the damage phase multiple times.

I was already underleveled since I was doing the level 80 one with my highest characters only being level 70. This event has been postponing me being able to grind ascension materials since I just hit level 40 2 days ago. The reward/resin ratio is just too good to ignore it even if I have to put off ascending to 80 (I think). Maybe I should use my fragile resin? But I'm not sure if I should save it for 45 when legendaries drop more often...
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-23 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But once you land to try to bring shield down, your health drops like a rock and heals aren't enough. It wasn't hard, but it was just annoying that he had a couple extra shield phases I had to do because of a glitch that kicked me out of doing any damage during the damage phase multiple times.

I was already underleveled since I was doing the level 80 one with my highest characters only being level 70. This event has been postponing me being able to grind ascension materials since I just hit level 40 2 days ago. The reward/resin ratio is just too good to ignore it even if I have to put off ascending to 80 (I think). Maybe I should use my fragile resin? But I'm not sure if I should save it for 45 when legendaries drop more often...
    Ignore the artifacts. Its the last thing you should farm as you will need xp books, weapon upgrades, character lvl up to 79 and so on.
    Legendary ones are for whales. Oh and on AR 45 they arent 100% drop mind you.

Stockpilling it is just pointless. Use at least some for event to rush it and get upgrades.

Also, if you are underlvled eat the food buffs (legendary crit atk food and crab defensive with atk potion and starmina run reduction) for world bosses and its very noticable.
    Ham and crab are easy to get if you know where to look.

Oh and for more juicy stormterror bugs, I've had it happen where I couldn't even get on his back. It's like it wasn't even there. It's really frustrating. Like I'd jump to try to climb but it just jumps through him.

I've also had it happen where if i'm near where he slams down I just get stuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just like the meteor doesnt move so i can be lazy this time around

couple questions. 1. anyone know how much extra damage the 3rd hit of xingqiu's ult is from c6? 2. does noblesse oblige buff all of the sword attack hits from his ult?