Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Ended up spending 100 bucks ended up with the staff, my last Ning, and a copy of wolf's gravestone.

She's technically dmging mobs with Ozz on the field so wouldn't the bonus stack with who ever you got on the field?
    Yeah they baited you. I have patience and i will just wait till banner is back.

Ended up spending 100 bucks ended up with the staff, my last Ning, and a copy of wolf's gravestone.

She's technically dmging mobs with Ozz on the field so wouldn't the bonus stack with who ever you got on the field?
    no, it's whoever the set is equipped on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    You could use a witch set on say, Fischl, but she wont get any real bonus aside from the stats.
    She could still benefit from the increased overload damage I believe, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    7000 samples isn't enough either :P
    Oh come on... those aren't 7000 samples. It's "125" when it comes to 5*

I have no idea why you count every single pull as a sample when it's about the ratio between the rate-up weapons.
    And literally one additional player could turn the whole list to 50/50.
    So yes, it's indeed saying nothing about it.

And since you were talking about the Hu Tao banner,

both of them are pretty close to each other

43% vs 34%
    50% vs 31%

considering we are looking at a sample size of 60.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El0mJG1rH8I

here, this guy pulled 10 Spears (R) 5 swords (L) in the Jade banner.
    And 15 spears (R) and 5 Claymores (L) in the Zhongli weapon banner.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-02-25 at 09:31 PM.

Yeah those annoying artifacts you get that instead of having the element of the set or just plain attack have a different elemental damage bonus.
    You only need 4 pieces of the set for the full set bonus, so you're best off just getting your thunder set for Fischl using the other 4 artifacts and then using your healer set cup with it's +electric as the 5th artifact... getting the right damage type in the right set is too rare to bother trying for (let alone getting good rolls for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    You only need 4 pieces of the set for the full set bonus, so you're best off just getting your thunder set for Fischl using the other 4 artifacts and then using your healer set cup with it's +electric as the 5th artifact... getting the right damage type in the right set is too rare to bother trying for (let alone getting good rolls for it).
    I wouldn't use it anyways as I need the thunder for interactions with Mona but I was just really curious what the point of them was. Like if you could get a whole team set up with overload set and quadruple your damage or something.

I would consider doing something like you suggest but the shitty drop rate for certain artifact types for me usually mean if I want a 4 piece I need to use the cup slot for my 4 piece.

I don't have to worry about good rolls as I never get em lol.

I wouldn't use it anyways as I need the thunder for interactions with Mona but I was just really curious what the point of them was. Like if you could get a whole team set up with overload set and quadruple your damage or something.

I would consider doing something like you suggest but the shitty drop rate for certain artifact types for me usually mean if I want a 4 piece I need to use the cup slot for my 4 piece.

I don't have to worry about good rolls as I never get em lol.
    Don't worry, I currently have a 2pc crimson set on my xiao because the game refuses to give me any good viri pieces. I also gave up and just went with 2pc crimson / 2 pc noble for my hu tao. I don't think that will be best set for her though.

I'll farm for better artifacts later.

I've gotten my first 5* catalyst right now (Skyward). I was close to the standard banner pity and decided to roll on that before I'd go for Hu Tao or the weapon banner.

I have Klee.

Now I wonder, if I have Klee and the 5* Catalyst (which is BiS on her), do I really need Hu Tao?
    I'm starting to think that I should wait for the Venti rerun while hoping that Rosaria is in there too.

I'll have more than 200 pulls by then, and I do not need a weapon for either of them.

Seems like I'm going to wait, pull a bit on Venti until I get him and wait for someone else.
    On the other hand... I could always go for Hu Tao in case I want her in the future, even if I don't want to build her now, she is undeniably strong with that amount of ATK...

God damn it. I just don't know - I almost want Hu Tao for her voicelines and animations alone, lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I've gotten my first 5* catalyst right now (Skyward). I was close to the standard banner pity and decided to roll on that before I'd go for Hu Tao or the weapon banner.

I have Klee.

Now I wonder, if I have Klee and the 5* Catalyst (which is BiS on her), do I really need Hu Tao?
    I'm starting to think that I should wait for the Venti rerun while hoping that Rosaria is in there too.

I'll have more than 200 pulls by then, and I do not need a weapon for either of them.

Seems like I'm going to wait, pull a bit on Venti until I get him and wait for someone else.
    On the other hand... I could always go for Hu Tao in case I want her in the future, even if I don't want to build her now, she is undeniably strong with that amount of ATK...

God damn it. I just don't know - I almost want Hu Tao for her voicelines and animations alone, lol
    Really depends on what you want. Gameplay? how strong they are? just interest in the character itself? Klee is definitely strong but I can't stand her play style and can't wait to replace her. Hu Tao's character interests me a lot, and it certainly helps that she's looking to be super strong.

I keep getting Lion's roar, any good for Bennett?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Really depends on what you want. Gameplay? how strong they are? just interest in the character itself? Klee is definitely strong but I can't stand her play style and can't wait to replace her. Hu Tao's character interests me a lot, and it certainly helps that she's looking to be super strong.
    Ever since shield characters became more frequent and survivability less of an issue, I have no more problems with her gameplay.
    She was really squishy when I got her and I needed to use so much stamina to get close to enemies since she blew them away all the time.
    So I got hit quite a lot and animation cancel is not something I want to do "all the time".
    But she deals good damage even without canceling or just doing it with charged attacks etc. (which is easier imho).

So I'm more or less looking at power level here.
    Klee is my alltime favorite character so far, but I can see myself enjoying Hu Tao too, since she is just as much a troublemaker as Klee (well, probably slightly less).

So since I can see myself enjoying both characters, the question is, who will be easier or more fun to build teams with.

I like that Klee deals extra damage on constructs.
    I like that she has a very high Charged attack multiplier which is almost as high as most ultimates.
    If I had her at C2 or C4, I'd enjoy her even more due to her "support"

I like that Hu Tao is HP% based, easy to equip, gets a lot of power from useless stats
    I like that Hu Tao buffs the rest of your team with 12% crit.
    I like that Hu Tao's powerlevel seems to remain the same, no matter how many Constellations you have.

I dislike that Klee kicks around enemies more often - but that can also stun larger enemies.
    I dislike that Hu Tao has downtime, but that also allows other characters to be used.

If it wouldn't cost 200€ to buy a character, I'd go with both, but now I have to make a decision somehow.

I'm currently leaning towards Klee, but I'm scared that Hu Tao is absolutely busted and deals like 2x her damage.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-02-26 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    108 primogems ... what a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Told you they'd round up to at least 100.

I wish the game would be fun to "show off" stuff online...but nothing seems interesting to show other people
    Only thing that comes to mind is maybe later floors of Abyss...or stupid overpowered builds with insane artifacts

5+ Year Old Account
    Ever since shield characters became more frequent and survivability less of an issue, I have no more problems with her gameplay.
    She was really squishy when I got her and I needed to use so much stamina to get close to enemies since she blew them away all the time.
    So I got hit quite a lot and animation cancel is not something I want to do "all the time".
    But she deals good damage even without canceling or just doing it with charged attacks etc. (which is easier imho).

Klee is my alltime favorite character so far, but I can see myself enjoying Hu Tao too, since she is just as much a troublemaker as Klee (well, probably slightly less).

So since I can see myself enjoying both characters, the question is, who will be easier or more fun to build teams with.

I like that she has a very high Charged attack multiplier which is almost as high as most ultimates.

I like that Hu Tao is HP% based, easy to equip, gets a lot of power from useless stats
    I like that Hu Tao's powerlevel seems to remain the same, no matter how many Constellations you have.

I dislike that Klee kicks around enemies more often - but that can also stun larger enemies.
    I dislike that Hu Tao has downtime, but that also allows other characters to be used.

If it wouldn't cost 200€ to buy a character, I'd go with both, but now I have to make a decision somehow.

I'm currently leaning towards Klee, but I'm scared that Hu Tao is absolutely busted and deals like 2x her damage.

I think my Team with Hu Tao will be something like Xianling as 2nd pryo unit (dont have klee sadly), Diona as support und either another unit like Xinqiu for reactions (and mine is built quite solid with 6/6const. and full upgraded Noblesse) or with a more utility unit like Sucrose, where I tend to the latter.

I currently have a good pity count of 72 and saved enough for a second rotation, but I agree with you that the real money cost for a unit is just absurd.

Number's look strong on her, at least whats datamined so far, but those can still change til release. Although I'm 99% sure that I will roll for her, I still will test the trial and look at some showcases first when she releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Told you they'd round up to at least 100.

I guess not many people are happy. Reading forums and checking videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=youtube;rzUYgG-m9pM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzUYgG-m9pM[/vid

I guess not many people are happy. Reading forums and checking videos.
    Probably because it was a harebrained campaign from the beginning. They had two options:

1. Give everyone a lot of Primogems and make it look like their playerbase was tiny.

2. Give everyone a handful of Primogems to reflect a large playerbase, and piss-off said playerbase with how pitiful the reward was.

It's a no-win situation.

I got 108 as well but i read that some may have got 188 or even 288

108 for doing nothing but releasing lanterns is pretty good imo. Certainly take it over the tons of chores the latern rights had.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I think the easy answer here is, wait and see I personally do not think Hu Tao will be straight up broken like Ganyu but more so that her damage will be insane because she only has 9 seconds to do it, but it will balance out I think. It remains to be seen. I did some calculations though, and um...with r5 staff of homa she will be stronger than ganyu but that's with r5 so not accessible to most people.

My issue with Klee is not that she's squishy (even though that is a big issue), it's that I hate the animation cancel playstyle that gets the highest efficiency out of her. Why do I hate it? Well, for one it's boring to execute, but also because you have to switch to charged attack when you get the proc but the thing is the procs don't trigger immediately and it's impossible (for me) to see. And I know that I can just alternate between normal and charged attacks without worrying about the procs but that just feels meh to me too. The other big issue is that she's a catalyst. The amount of times I've been in front of a specific mob and it would turn her around to target another one, far too many. Catalysts just seem to have weird aiming behavior in this game. Idk if it's a controller thing or what, just never behaves properly for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    I wish the game would be fun to "show off" stuff online...but nothing seems interesting to show other people
    Only thing that comes to mind is maybe later floors of Abyss...or stupid overpowered builds with insane artifacts
    I mean, anything that gets shown off in this game is either luck or paid. There's no much skill involved. I see tons of "3 second abyss 12 clear" vids, but it's just massive whales, nothing to be seen here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird1205 View Post
    I still will test the trial and look at some showcases first when she releases.
    Don't use the trial for anything other than how the character itself "feels". They won't have anywhere near optimal comp in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird1205 View Post
    I think my Team with Hu Tao will be something like Xianling as 2nd pryo unit (dont have klee sadly), Diona as support und either another unit like Xinqiu for reactions (and mine is built quite solid with 6/6const. and full upgraded Noblesse) or with a more utility unit like Sucrose, where I tend to the latter.

I currently have a good pity count of 72 and saved enough for a second rotation, but I agree with you that the real money cost for a unit is just absurd.

Number's look strong on her, at least whats datamined so far, but those can still change til release. Although I'm 99% sure that I will roll for her, I still will test the trial and look at some showcases first when she releases.
    I'm personally not on xing hype train to pair with Hu Tao atm. I will see how it actually plays out in reality but I just don't see it working out very well. I've been going back and forth between different comps but I think (for now) I will settle with party of hu tao - chongyun - albedo - zhong li. Mainly because geo resonance + zhong li debuff and an r5 gravestone will make chongyun quite strong with his burst and then proc melt for hu tao's burst. Then farm up 4pc bolide set. Not the best but not bad. In simulations I'm sure xing will net highest dps but I just don't see it working out, like I said. Will wait to be proven wrong

Another thing is, I'm waiting for the rumored standard character banner in 1.4. If it is indeed Diluc, I'm pairing xing with him, no questions about it. Also will give the wgs to diluc and then re-evaluate. haha, it never ends.

- - - Updated - - -

wait, is it this? This is the only thing I got in mail.

wait, is it this? This is the only thing I got in mail.
    This is a different thing, you gotta log on to the event site again to claim the lanterns reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.