Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Guys remember to check in for https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/...481&lang=en-us as you get primogems :P (100)
    Why is this a webpage, and not something in-game ._.

Maaan, F- this... I don't want Hu Tao for my team, I just want to have her and enjoy the sillyness here and there that goes along with her.. Why can't I get lucky and just pull her in 10 pulls or something.

I didn't have any trouble skipping Childe, Zhongli or Xiao, even though I really enjoy Zhongli's style.

But knowing my bad luck means that if I start pulling now, the next character is going to be Yaoyao or something.
    So far I haven't gotten any 5* really early, the only one I've gotten early was 2nd Ganyu at ~60 or something.
    All my other 5* units AND weapons were during soft pity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    You can also use geo traveller to block the monolith. There's also the trick that anemo traveller's E taunts mobs if you channel for the full duration, that's been the only way out of this chamber for me. You pretty much have to use your better team for 2nd phase, since the mobs are much tougher and both treasure hoarders and cicin mage's flies just lock down on the monolith. And if the mage happens to teleport randomly and start channeling right on top of the monolith, that's 30% hp more lost automatically.
    Sadly that trick is weak tho. Anemo losses aggro so fast.

I did it today in this team with 2 stars (since i cant clear last one with 3 anyway).

Group 1 Klee (bombs knockback), Diluc (bird pushback), Sucrose (to stack mobs) and Diona (for shield)
    Group 2 Jean (IMPORTANT!!!!! -- she picks the mage at start of it so it delays the summon of the mobs that nuke pillar), Noelle (for shield), Ganyu (to nuke adds fast) and Xiangling (for reactions)

But floor 12 --- fuck that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Maaan, F- this... I don't want Hu Tao for my team, I just want to have her and enjoy the sillyness here and there that goes along with her.. Why can't I get lucky and just pull her in 10 pulls or something.

I didn't have any trouble skipping Childe, Zhongli or Xiao, even though I really enjoy Zhongli's style.

But knowing my bad luck means that if I start pulling now, the next character is going to be Yaoyao or something.
    So far I haven't gotten any 5* really early, the only one I've gotten early was 2nd Ganyu at ~60 or something.
    All my other 5* units AND weapons were during soft pity.
    I am close to soft pity for 50/50 chance on hu-tao. If i dont get her --- its saving time for Ayaka and ignore all banners.

Sadly that trick is weak tho. Anemo losses aggro so fast./
    It keeps aggro for around 15 seconds, from my experience, which is way enough to kill those mobs or taunt again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It keeps aggro for around 15 seconds, from my experience, which is way enough to kill those mobs or taunt again.
    Yeh, but problem is that if you get hit by a pyro archer -- reaction and instant interupt (unless you have a shield)

Yeh, but problem is that if you get hit by a pyro archer -- reaction and instant interupt (unless you have a shield)
    At the very least getting hit by pyro archers means cleansing the electro debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I am close to soft pity for 50/50 chance on hu-tao. If i dont get her --- its saving time for Ayaka and ignore all banners.
    Well, I could go all the way to the 100% but then I'd have nothing left.

I'm sitting here, thinking about ordering the Klee coffee mug and her sports jacket (both feature the bomb, not Klee herself - I-I'm not a weeb, or anything) and ask myself. "What if they release that claymore chibi-character that was datamined a few months ago".

If I had to skip one of these characters just because I was going all in on Hu Tao, I'd be really sad.
    At the same time, Hu Tao looks like a fun character too.

I can't win this without swiping my credit card, I'm sure of it.
    But the shop prices are insulting.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-01 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I could go all the way to the 100% but then I'd have nothing left.

I'm sitting here, thinking about ordering the Klee coffee mug and her sports jacket (both feature the bomb, not Klee herself - I-I'm not a weeb, or anything) and ask myself. "What if they release that claymore chibi-character that was datamined a few months ago".

If I had to skip one of these characters just because I was going all in on Hu Tao, I'd be really sad.
    At the same time, Hu Tao looks like a fun character too.

I can't win this without swiping my credit card, I'm sure of it.
    But the shop prices are insulting.
    Well...i used my money in other ways (cough cough bravely default II).

Although I can hardly say that Xiao or even Ganyu are that much better than Diluc/Klee for free2play (that means C0).
    Idk, I feel like my Ganyu is faceroll compared to my Diluc. They both have pretty similar quality artifacts, but cocogoat just casually drops ~35k shots every 2 seconds or whatever, versus Diluc who can only get like 20k melts with E against the same enemy, and that's obviously only when his E is not on cd.

Ganyu is good, Ganyu is strong - I could do everything she does with Diluc just as easily though.
    That's fair, and I still use Diluc more than cocogoat because I like Diluc better. About the only time I use Ganyu is for bosses Diluc can't do (pyro flower). However, if the game ever gives us hard content that isn't element specific, I'd have a hard time ignoring Ganyu's potential.

It's also worth mentioning that Hu Tao, once actual Co-op content is out, is garbage for that kind of content and characters like Noelle/Jean, are super strong since they can both heal and do damage.
    That's fair, but the best coop content we've had to-date IMO was the Mona stuff (at least as far as actually getting to use characters and show off your strength). Buff cryo flower is the only other time I can think of.

Haven't actually seen it mentioned anywhere, and I would have missed it myself if I wasn't specifically looking forward to this event but all ley lines have a double reward thing going on atm. If you ever intend on doing anymore ley lines at all in your Genshin Impact career, you'll do your 3 a day for this great deal.

I'm sitting here, thinking about ordering the Klee coffee mug and her sports jacket
    The jacket has a nice design. My only gripe would be that it calls her the Knight of the Sun. Her real title is Spark Knight. Sometimes Fleeing Sunlight. That part would drive me up a wall.

I may try to get Hu Tao, if she is any good. I already have a fire polearm user, so Hu Tao would need to be pretty strong. Especially since one of the datamined characters was Dendro and I am still looking forward to Ayaka.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    It's long past, and I was banned at the time so I couldn't really make a post when it was relevant, but since you've reintroduced a thread I can tug on:

I really think they will need to go back at some point and do some tuning. They cannot just power creep like they have been. Ganyu, Xiao, now probably Hu Tao... You said "ofc they'd do diluc banner instead of mona because they like money", but people buy power in gacha games first and foremost, so no one will spend a dime on "old hasbeen" characters if all the new characters are always the most powerful. They'll just wait for those new characters instead.
    Exactly why I'm guessing it's Diluc? Unless the standard banner character thing is b.s. No one will roll for anyone other than Diluc imo. Diluc is the strongest of the old characters by quite a lot.

And no, they won't ever do tuning. This isn't WOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I can hardly say that Xiao or even Ganyu are that much better than Diluc/Klee for free2play (that means C0).

Ganyu is good, Ganyu is strong - I could do everything she does with Diluc just as easily though.
    Diluc is a real powerhouse, so is Klee.
    Don't know about Xiao since I've never truely seen him in action, but I don't see much of a difference between him and Ganyu and thus not much between them and Klee/Diluc.
    From the gameplay that I've seen of Ganyu that most likely represents that majority of the community and not just 1 shot dvalin videos...I can safely say, they would probably get way more damage from klee and diluc. There's so much downtime/interruption and people can't execute Ganyu's charged shots perfectly which is exactly what makes her outrageous simulated dps "balanced". People see her simulated dps and cry OP but the reality is that's not really perfectly replicated in actual fights for majority of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Maaan, F- this... I don't want Hu Tao for my team, I just want to have her and enjoy the sillyness here and there that goes along with her.. Why can't I get lucky and just pull her in 10 pulls or something
    Do it! Pull for her and join me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The jacket has a nice design. My only gripe would be that it calls her the Knight of the Sun. Her real title is Spark Knight. Sometimes Fleeing Sunlight. That part would drive me up a wall.

I may try to get Hu Tao, if she is any good. I already have a fire polearm user, so Hu Tao would need to be pretty strong. Especially since one of the datamined characters was Dendro and I am still looking forward to Ayaka.
    Depends on who you have (your entire roster) and what your definition of strong is. I think people are getting a bit overboard with her "OP-ness". I don't think she'll be OP. She will be just like any other character. She will need investment, although the thing that she has going for her is that HP is easy to build for.

I just hit AR45, and tried farming some artifacts and I was NOT prepared. Nearly every attack one shot each party member. I actually have a decent amount of resources so I can put a team together, but I just don't know how. The end of combat thing usually says that everything is well below the expectations of the content that I'm trying. Anyone have any good insight on what I should be doing because apparently I can't clear, let alone farm the AR45 domains.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I just hit AR45, and tried farming some artifacts and I was NOT prepared. Nearly every attack one shot each party member. I actually have a decent amount of resources so I can put a team together, but I just don't know how. The end of combat thing usually says that everything is well below the expectations of the content that I'm trying. Anyone have any good insight on what I should be doing because apparently I can't clear, let alone farm the AR45 domains.
    Really just depends on the domain in-question. The higher tier you go, the more particular most of them get about what you can and cannot do, so pay attention to that and use the "correct" elemental combos. You'll need a lvl 80 DPS of the correct element with proper weapon and a healer/shield support to effectively solo the top tier domains.

Otherwise, you can match-make for a generally easier time if you're not quite there with the "correct" characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Really just depends on the domain in-question. The higher tier you go, the more particular most of them get about what you can and cannot do, so pay attention to that and use the "correct" elemental combos. You'll need a lvl 80 DPS of the correct element with proper weapon and a healer/shield support to effectively solo the top tier domains.

Otherwise, you can match-make for a generally easier time if you're not quite there with the "correct" characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It mostly depends on which domain you're trying to farm. Each one has different stuff that you can get away with.

Also, Venti is just cheating in almost all of them, but that's another story. (Sucrose is ok too, though.)
    No Venti, I was specifically trying to farm the Viridescent Veneer set for my Xiao from that domain and got laughably rolled. My Team is a Keqing (80), Xingqui (60), Bennett (60), and Klee (70).

I really hate Klee's playstyle and she's so freaking fragile. I do have 3 5 star Jade Cutters and 2 5 star catalysts (the ones that give move speed and % ele damage longer in field) as far as weapons go, but that's it. I have Keqing, Klee, and Xiao as 5 stars.

No Venti, I was specifically trying to farm the Viridescent Veneer set for my Xiao from that domain and got laughably rolled. My Team is a Keqing (80), Xingqui (60), Bennett (60), and Klee (70).
    I did both IV and V since I'm not sure what level the top tier one unlocks at, but they had virtually the same enemies. For this domain, I'd recommend blowing up the little dudes first as fast as possible, then the electro-mage chick (will be hard since keqing is your main) then the assassin last. You'll have to just be aware of him because a lot of his stuff will absolutely 1 shot.

10+ Year Old Account

Well a few more hours to go.

I really hate Klee's playstyle and she's so freaking fragile. I do have 3 5 star Jade Cutters and 2 5 star catalysts (the ones that give move speed and % ele damage longer in field) as far as weapons go, but that's it. I have Keqing, Klee, and Xiao as 5 stars.
    haha the one domain where venti makes it faceroll. I haven't needed venti for any of the other ones (and i don't use him in any others). Idk who you have available but I don't recommend going with keqing and klee in same party. xing and bennett is good though. Make either klee or keqing the main dps and build them up. If you must get artifacts now and can't reliably farm them, do co-op. I couldn't stand co-op so I just waited to build up my talents and weapons (and this is what i recommend you do too) and then I did artifacts last.

Honestly, it's really amazing what just one well built dps can do for you in this game.

Okay, gotta say this time around 12-3 was a lot easier.
    With my nearly 5k ATK noelle I was killing the giant dudes with more than a minute to spare.

Geo really makes the difference against these guys.
    Too bad I don't have Albedo I'd love to give him Noelle's gear

Noelle isn't really dealing that much damage but it's so easy to just use her alongside xinqiu and fischl and get unlimited amounts of energy.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-02 at 10:46 AM.

lmao at all these people saying c1 on hu tao is op now...where were they a month ago?