Thread: Genshin Impact

Who of you guys regulary uses wind characters and can tell me if it's possible to reduce multiple %RES by -40 with the VV-set, or if the new swirld will override the old effect.

I'm asking because I kinda want to use both melt reactions AND the -%RES debuff on cryo but I don't know how to make it work.

Example team:

Ganyu - Bennett - Venti

my goal is to stack them up using the Venti ult and get constant swirl reactions.
    How to also get them to suffer from melt using Ganyu AND gaining the -%RES Cryo debuff?

Is that even possible?
    If I start with Cryo and use Venti's burst, the -%RES debuff will be on everyone
    But I have no way of getting fire in there and even if I could, Venti's Ult will constantly proc the melt "away" from the mobs, right?

If I start with fire, Venti's ult will swirl fire, so everyone has pyro on them and they will constantly get the pyro debuff over and over again,
    I can proc melt with Ganyu for days.
    But I won't get the -%RES buff, will I?

I can only see this work on single entities where I use Ganyu E/Charged Shot, Venti E, then somehow I have to apply Pyro 2 times (second pyro character? Xiangling for example and throw in Gouba?)
    And then use Venti Q.

Anyone with any experience about this?
    What would your team look like. Should I even bother with melt when I have venti or should I just rely on his -%RES debuff and go with something like:

Ganyu, Diona, Venti, Geo-Character (Albedo/Traveler/Zhongli)?

I know that I will destroy everything with Ganyu anyways, but this is more about getting even bigger numbers reasonably easy.

It might be worth mentioning that I have Ganyu C1. So enemies already have -15%RES, so maybe I should focus on getting Pyro on the enemy?

Another option would be

Ganyu, Diona, Venti, HuTao/Xiangling. (My Hu Tao has ~70% crit ~200% critdmg with that 3* weapon, so she is very well equipped aside from..well... the weapon). I also own Skyward Spine, which would give me more than enough energy for her burst every cycle.

on a sidenote: I want to use Venti (if I get him next banner) instead of sucrose because it's easier to use him and he stacks up targets way more easily than Sucrose does, which is good for Ganyu's Charged Attacks
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-12 at 05:39 AM.

@KrayZ33 @Yunru @dk3790 You guys are the top posters here and I would be so happy if you can say if this page is legit or not. Sorry I am being repetitive but it was not noticed I think.
    https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/pay...n/index.html#/
    I would like to try this webpage but I have no idea if this page is legit mihoyo webpage. cannot trust anything these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Is this webpage legit?
    https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/pay...n/index.html#/

When I try prepaid cards to buy gems, it always decline the payment. Although I can use them for steam or anything else.
    I was just wondering if I buy a 5000 yen prepaid *v-preca* card in Japan, would it work on this webpage? I would like to try.

Although I live in Japan I am still using the credit card of my homecountry. It will expire soon. I can apply for a credit card here, I have stable job, permanent resident status, bank account etc ofc, but I really really really do not feel like filling up an application full of with Kanji which I can hardly understand.
    Yeah that is offical one (you can get to it via gensin site) so you can buy without loging into game.
    Got worried for a second that you clicked some scam site that offers you a discounted primos (wich is a scam as you will get charged back by them in - primos).

Only card that work are Razer gold pin ones (prepaid) ... but lol their site is out of stock. I went to check my usual pre-paid cards site and they have it tho:
    https://www.seagm.com/razer-gold-europe

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/home --) click on Top-up and it will get you to same site
    Also be sure you dont click other people links as it could a scam site in future. (and please for the love of ..... dont spend to much)
    Last edited by Yunru; 2021-03-12 at 08:07 AM.

@Yunru thanks a lot! it helps me a lot. Also I just buy monthly pack and battlepass always. Nothing else. I can buy gems but I feel like they are really expensive after the first double gem bonus.

Update! It worked YUnru thank you! it accepted vpreca. Just bought a 610yen pack to try it. great. But I cannot see the monthly packs there, just top ups. that sucks.
    Last edited by Gref; 2021-03-12 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    PIcked up a PS5 today and man its like a night and day difference when playing genshin from my old PS4 pro.
    You should see how it looks on 2080ti 32:9 screen , what's incredible with this game is the view distance, from monstadt i can see dragonspine peak with the pillar floating on top
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2021-03-12 at 10:58 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Who of you guys regulary uses wind characters and can tell me if it's possible to reduce multiple %RES by -40 with the VV-set, or if the new swirld will override the old effect.
    Yes it is possible to shred multiple elemental resistances.

do any of you guys main xiao and not have 5* weapon + constellations?

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    do any of you guys main xiao and not have 5* weapon + constellations?
    I do have him fairly stacked with jade spear though. Using a Deathmatch would only reduce my dps by ~15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    I do have him fairly stacked with jade spear though. Using a Deathmatch would only reduce my dps by ~15%.
    who do you have in party with him? I've been trying to find a party to cater to him so much but he's just so damn fcking squishy. Idk if upgrading his burst to lv 7 really makes that much of a difference. His damage output isn't outweighing the downsides for me atm.

I switched it up and made my 2 parties like this:

diona, hu tao, chongyun, xingqiu
    albedo, keqing, bennett, zhong li

I got 12 stars with those parties in floor 12..so might just stick with that instead of trying to force feed a comp for xiao.

I tried the 2nd party with xiao instead of keqing and his burst literally just never came back up....I definitely need anemo battery. I also need a healer though...Worth to get rid of geo resonance to put in bennett? idk....

btw I don't have jean.

ok i just tried again switching my artifacts for keqing and using 2pc TF and 2pc noblesse...that gave me same amount of crit rate and 60% more crit damage (but less attack). Still cleared way faster...and I still have a r2 jade cutter to lvl for her....its looking more like I'll just stick with this.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-03-12 at 06:47 PM.

Currently I am running Zhongli, Albedo, Jean and then Xiao. The team I ran before I had Jean was basically the same but with Bennett instead. I am clearing all abyss floors with ease using either of these setups. One thing to note is that you'll most likely need an ER sands if you run with Bennett. I think it was +150% ER if your damage is a little low and/or you don't have a good battery.

In regards to the abyss floor 12-3-1 is probably the worst floor to date for Xiao. The reason for this is that if you do a high plunge you are in the range of where the ruin guards can start doing their missile barrage. 12-3-2 can be a little dicey if you don't avoid the ice prison as it is hard to keep your health up even with Zhongli and Bennett if you facetank everything.

Those are my stats with a 90/90 jade spear and max stacks. I am not using an anemo cup.

Edit:
    That's my stats but with an VV anemo cup pushing my anemo bonus to 61,6%
    Last edited by Lindon; 2021-03-12 at 09:02 PM.

Currently I am running Zhongli, Albedo, Jean and then Xiao. The team I ran before I had Jean was basically the same but with Bennett instead. I am clearing all abyss floors with ease using either of these setups. One thing to note is that you'll most likely need an ER sands if you run with Bennett. I think it was +150% ER if your damage is a little low and/or you don't have a good battery.

In regards to the abyss floor 12-3-1 is probably the worst floor to date for Xiao. The reason for this is that if you do a high plunge you are in the range of where the ruin guards can start doing their missile barrage. 12-3-2 can be a little dicey if you don't avoid the ice prison as it is hard to keep your health up even with Zhongli and Bennett if you facetank everything.

Those are my stats with a 90/90 jade spear and max stacks. I am not using an anemo cup.
    ok yea an ER cup might work to offset the lack of anemo battery but meh...don't feel like it.

ok yea an ER cup might work to offset the lack of anemo battery but meh...don't feel like it.
    You don't technically need one if your DPS is high enough. Just remember to always use your 2x E's right before you do your first Q as this will help you build up your energy bar for that second Q.

You don't technically need one if your DPS is high enough. Just remember to always use your 2x E's right before you do your first Q as this will help you build up your energy bar for that second Q.
    It's not. My Xiao's damage without burst is really fcking bad and it took too long to build it up.

It's not. My Xiao's damage without burst is really fcking bad and it took too long to build it up.
    You should generally never use your Xiao when he doesn't have his burst up, outside of using your E charges. The thing with XIao is that you have to tinker with your gear/comp so that you can go: Q ends-->swap to other chars to use E/Q-->swap to Xiao use E charges and instantly use Q. Xiao sucks ass outside of his burst regardless of what gear you have.

Between Xiao, Childe, and Hu Tao, I feel like people could make an entirely selfish DPS team where you just swap between whoever has their ult up as soon as you're finished with your current fielded character's burst.

You should generally never use your Xiao when he doesn't have his burst up, outside of using your E charges. The thing with XIao is that you have to tinker with your gear/comp so that you can go: Q ends-->swap to other chars to use E/Q-->swap to Xiao use E charges and instantly use Q. Xiao sucks ass outside of his burst regardless of what gear you have.
    That's the issue. I don't have a good party to work around his weakness and it's just too much of a pain in the ass to constantly try. I could try to build zhong li into more of a dps role and things like that, but why bother. I'm too lazy for that. I don't particularly care for Xiao that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Between Xiao, Childe, and Hu Tao, I feel like people could make an entirely selfish DPS team where you just swap between whoever has their ult up as soon as you're finished with your current fielded character's burst.
    you don't need those characters for that. A lot of the characters have very good burst damage.

That's the issue. I don't have a good party to work around his weakness and it's just too much of a pain in the ass to constantly try. I could try to build zhong li into more of a dps role and things like that, but why bother. I'm too lazy for that. I don't particularly care for Xiao that much.
    If you don't want to use and ER sand then you'll just have to try to farm better artifacts. Xiao is a character that is either good or bad. There is no in between with him.

You could also use more than 1 Anemo character for more anemo element particles.

with double sucrose E spam and a quick switch to Xiao for his double E you are looking at ~14 particles each regenerating 3 energy
    So with ~50% energy recharge you can pretty much have it up all the time, no?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-12 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You could also use more than 1 Anemo character for more anemo element particles.

with double sucrose E spam and a quick switch to Xiao for his double E you are looking at ~14 particles each regenerating 3 energy
    So with ~50% energy recharge you can pretty much have it up all the time, no?
    The thing with that is that you would have to either sacrifice a healer or albedo/zhongli. You'll lose some dps by doing that but it might not be by a massive amount assuming you equip thrilling tale of the dragonslayer on Sucrose.

If you don't want to use and ER sand then you'll just have to try to farm better artifacts. Xiao is a character that is either good or bad. There is no in between with him.
    seems that way.