Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Anyone at the point where they are considering just not spending their daily resin? I have plenty of materials stock piled up all for characters I don't even have yet, and don't really feel like playing the artifact slot machine game.
    Once I got decent artifacts to 9* F12, I started upgrading random stuff: all my characters have 6/6/6 talents, almost everyone is 80/90, only missing a few that I'm working on. All 4* weapons I have are 80 at the very least. It's really satisfying ngl. Once I'm done with this, I'll probably go back to artifact farming, mostly because I'd like to try different teams that I don't have build.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Leakers are speaking:
    2.1: Raiden and Kokomi
    2.2: Ganyu and Yae
    2.3: Albedo and Hutao
    Albedo waiting room.
    Last edited by Gomelus; 2021-08-19 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Artifact slot machine is the absolute worst part of this game.
    Probably one of the few things you and I can wholeheartedly agree on. Nothing is more soul-crushing than wasting your entire day's worth of resin, only to get absolutely nothing you can use. And I'm not even talking about sub-optimal substats, but there can be days where you don't even get the main stat you need on the artifact set type you want. And to top it all off, many of the artifact domains are annoying as fuck to complete, which just further adds to the agonizing grind.

I really wish there was SOME way of at least guaranteeing the main stat on artifact drops or some sort of enchanting system (like in WoW or D3) that let you swap at least one stat around. At any rate, until they do something to make the artifact grind less abysmal, I guess I'm just going to have to continue making do with the random, free Gladiator and Wanderer's artifacts you get from bosses. For the content I usually do, I suppose that's more than adequate.

It sounds like the weekly Spiral Abyss floors can be annoying even if you do have meta teams and perfectly rolled artifacts, so between skipping that and the more annoying artifact domains, maybe I'm doing myself a favor.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to AVOID having to actually look at every artifact I get, though. In order to lock it, I would have had to dedicate brain power to looking at it and deciding if it's good or not. I just want to carelessly delete anything with certain main stats and/or any combo of 2 "less than desirable" substats.
    Imagine having to actually play the game.

Christ almighty, that's just too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Imagine having to actually play the game.

Christ almighty, that's just too much to ask.
    Imagine thinking tedious work of looking at things intentionally designed to be garbage to keep "good stuff" rare to make a decision if you want to feed said thing into something else that's actually good is "the game." Imagine thinking asking for a sorting feature that exists elsewhere in the game is too much of a convenience feature.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    It sounds like the weekly Spiral Abyss floors can be annoying even if you do have meta teams and perfectly rolled artifacts, so between skipping that and the more annoying artifact domains, maybe I'm doing myself a favor.
    Where's that coming from? Abyss seems to be getting less demanding lately, TBH. A few months ago I'd sometimes have trouble even clearing F12-3, lately I was confidently 1-shotting it with 6*, this reset I barely missed 1-shotting with 9*, and the one star I missed was in F12-1. I don't even use Bennett or any anemo character, don't have Ganyu or Mona... You really just need 2 good main dpsers to clear any Abyss reset easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine thinking tedious work of looking at things intentionally designed to be garbage to keep "good stuff" rare to make a decision if you want to feed said thing into something else that's actually good is "the game." Imagine thinking asking for a sorting feature that exists elsewhere in the game is too much of a convenience feature.
    I don't know how you manage your way through life if you think having to glance at something for literally half a second before deciding if you want to keep it or not is just too much to ask.

Moreso when you're in coop and have to wait for the party leader to initiate another domain run and have 10-15 seconds to sit the and look at 2-3 artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    The current Abyss is certainly one of the easiest in months imho.
    The DPS checks are very easy. I had to retry 12 once, but then it wasn't even close.

Floor 11 for example is like... a guarantee 9*
    Everything below that is a 9* by design if you have a "end-game team"
    So 480 primos basically guaranteed for properly equipped characters (no matter what characters)

12-1 was the hardest for me to time, but it's 12-1 so I can just optimize my team for it and redo it immediatly and try stuff out.
    And if you own Venti, you own this cycle of Abyss pretty hard because there is so much AoE possible.

The annoying stage is floor 9 - but it's floor 9 thankfully.

I don't know how you manage your way through life if you think having to glance at something for literally half a second before deciding if you want to keep it or not is just too much to ask.
    You can't delete artifacts from the loot obtained screen afaik, and that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about having to choose 6 artifacts to fuel leveling another good artifact. That's way more than half a second. Sometimes I have to go through like 30 before I find one that is garbage-tier enough for me to want to feed it. And no, I don't whole-sale feed certain sets. Anything that has the potential to be good stays, because I can always use it as an off-set piece. I only feed things that have absolutely no potential.

Moreso when you're in coop and have to wait for the party leader to initiate another domain run and have 10-15 seconds to sit the and look at 2-3 artifacts.
    You mean the 15 seconds I have to spend trying to find artifacts to delete so I can even claim the rewards because "inventory full"

Let me sort artifacts in the inventory screen by stat/substat. Period.

Let me sort artifacts in the inventory screen by stat/substat. Period.
    Press C and do it there, what's the difference. It's even more effective because it's also sorted by slot and set.

After I run my 5 for the day. I look at which ones were good during the end-domain screen, which is just 1 or 2 anyway at most. And you only have to look at 2-3 on average because the rest is purpl.
    I then press C, lock them, and everything that's not locked is fodder.

And I doubt you have 1000 yellow artifacts anyway.
    Which means you just select 4* for fodder to make room.

Sometimes I have to go through like 30 before I find one that is garbage-tier enough for me to want to feed it. And no, I don't whole-sale feed certain sets. Anything that has the potential to be good stays, because I can always use it as an off-set piece. I only feed things that have absolutely no potential.
    then level the ones with potential, so you don't have to skip over them every single time???? Or lock them so they don't show up??
    lol.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-19 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Press C and do it there, what's the difference. It's even more effective because it's also sorted by slot and set.
    But you can't delete stuff from that screen or select it for foddering right? Or do you mean I should go through and lock everything at time of getting it and use it that way... because hell no lol. That ship has sailed and there's no way I'm spending hours going back through stuff.

Yeah, maybe if I had been doing this from the start, but I'd really just prefer the same sort feature you get on that screen exist on EVERY artifact screen.

But you can't delete stuff from that screen or select it for foddering right? Or do you mean I should go through and lock everything at time of getting it and use it that way... because hell no lol. That ship has sailed and there's no way I'm spending hours going back through stuff.
    You lock everything you want . one time.
    Which means you go through your inventory *once* with "C"..
    That's what you have to do anyways, no matter what you do and how you would prefer the menu to be.
    If you really think it's necessary, lock all the "potential" stuff that you wouldn't use as fodder as well.

After that, everything not locked is fodder and you don't have to think about it when you use the enhancement menu.

And new items take like ~5 seconds to lock every day as you only loot like 10 and you can see at the "end of dungeon-screen" which ones are good and which ones were garbage.
    Pretty sure you can remember like 10 items and which set/piece it was
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-19 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

After I run my 5 for the day. I look at which ones were good during the end-domain screen, which is just 1 or 2 anyway at most. And you only have to look at 2-3 on average because the rest is purpl.

And I doubt you have 1000 yellow artifacts anyway.
    Which means you just select 4* for fodder to make room.

then level the ones with potential, so you don't have to skip over them every single time???? Or lock them so they don't show up??
    lol.
    Yeah, no, I have a hard time believing your inventory is full.

And if it is, just lock like half a dozen good enough ones, infuse into those, then once you get perfect, infuse the level 20s into those.

It's not hard, you're creating a problem in search of a solution.

That's what you have to do anyways, no matter what you do and how you would prefer the menu to be.
    This is how it goes for me when it comes to enhancing:

*opens menu*
    *randomly decides "I'll use lavawalker feathers today*
    *Clicks through them until I find ones that tickle my fancy*
    *repeat ad nauseum*

I'm never reducing the workload with locking because I never bother to inspect things until I actually need to. JIT delivery mentality.

I've probably clicked over some artifacts 100 times by now simply because the sort feature that already exists doesn't exist where it's needed for some reason.

The idea is that I shouldn't have to actually inspect them to make sure "oh, yep, this one has defense main stat!" I should be able to filter down to defense main stat so that's all that's on my screen. No actual inspection necessary.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-08-19 at 06:35 PM.

The idea is that I shouldn't have to actually inspect them to make sure "oh, yep, this one has defense main stat!" I should be able to filter down to defense main stat so that's all that's on my screen. No actual inspection necessary.
    And why do you not just go from the top most to the bottom most? The sets are always in the same order.
    And lock everything while enhancing that you think is good? It doesn't matter what set it is if it's trash, right?
    The next time you do it, these items are locked and don't show up again (well, they are at the bottom once they are locked, which you will get to last)
    It's not like you have to FEFO the sets properly because they decay or something

Why do you go over the same item 100 times and not lock them? I don't get it. You *can* lock inside the enhancement menu - and it's not "hidden" or anything so you couldn't have missed it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-19 at 06:49 PM.

Why do you go over the same item 100 times and not lock them? I don't get it. You *can* lock inside the enhancement menu - and it's not "hidden" or anything so you couldn't have missed it.
    Because my criteria for keep vs notkeep is constantly changing and I only want to lock things that I actually know I'm using or keeping at the moment. Why can't they just add a filter for stat/substat?

Even if I did the lock thing, I'd STILL want a filter. This isn't about finding a hack way to make my life easier with the tools I'm given. This is about making things better and getting ez convenient features (again.. that already exist elsewhere... meaning they can fucking do what I'm talking about) added.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-08-19 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't they just add a filter for stat/substat?
    1. You're the only one with this very specific "problem"
    2. That already exists, the current stat filter takes substats into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Where's that coming from? Abyss seems to be getting less demanding lately, TBH. A few months ago I'd sometimes have trouble even clearing F12-3, lately I was confidently 1-shotting it with 6*, this reset I barely missed 1-shotting with 9*, and the one star I missed was in F12-1. I don't even use Bennett or any anemo character, don't have Ganyu or Mona... You really just need 2 good main dpsers to clear any Abyss reset easily.
    I'm pretty sure the consensus was the other way around. This new rotation of the abyss spiked in dps checks, especially because of 12-1 and the Maguu Kenki. I for sure had to upgrade several stuff to get the 9*, compared to last abyss rotation.
    This new blessing helps more for making the dps check than the past one, tho.

2. That already exists, the current stat filter takes substats into consideration.
    Do tell, where is this stat filter on the artifact inventory screen or the artifact enhancement screen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do tell, where is this stat filter on the artifact inventory screen or the artifact enhancement screen?

Maybe spend less time whinging, more time looking at the UI.

Maybe spend less time whinging, more time looking at the UI.
    Maybe spend more time reading exactly what I said. ARTIFACT INVENTORY SCREEN. ARTIFACT ENHANCEMENT SCREEN. You're looking at the CHARACTER ARTIFACT screen. What fucking screen/filter did you think I was talking about when I said "it already exists elsewhere"? I obviously know about that filter.