Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Last leak from Sukunaa states that Yae will be the first character to use double elements, so pyro and electro in her case.
    Sukunaa has been one of the most reliable leakers for Genshin.
    Her damage will be on par with Ganyu which is the best damage dealer in the game.
    This is extremely misleading. The last leak specifically implies some of the things listed are not real.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    But thats wrong, smoothbrain. You literally see her use 2 elements at the same time in a cutscene.
    I don't recall that at all.

Delusions also let you use multiple elements.
    K? Delusions aren't visions and they don't grant you permanent use of the power like a vision.

If cheld can swap from bow to dagger, then why cant someone swap between elements.
    Remind me where weapon types are elements?

You are acting shocked about a NON HUMAN BEING not being beholden to human limitations.
    Human vs non-human doesn't matter. That's the point. It's a "law" of the land that you can only use one element. It's literally what makes traveler amazing. Even the fucking GODS of the realm don't get more than 1 element.

She is an inari spirit, which in folklore gives her mastery over fire spells
    Is this in-game folk lore or are you pulling shit from real life stories that this game is in no way beholden to?
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-09-09 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Yes, they should keep to everyone only having one element. Not sure what huge problem you have with that. The traveler is specifically unique because they can use more than one element, but even they cannot use more than one at a time. It should stay that way. IMO.

Miss me with that "smooth brain" shit. It's a perfectly valid opinion to have.
    There's nothing stating people can't receive 2 visions. And Kazuha was able to activate is best friends and use it with his own to boost the power. You can see his leaves in the cutscene. So we know people are capable of using two visions at least temporarily. Also Yae isn't human its possible kitsune have a natural pyro affinity. Just look at Andrius he is capable of using anemo and cryo.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    There's nothing stating people can't receive 2 visions.
    It doesn't really make any sense at all in the context of the story, because why is it completely unheard of and if Archons can just give people a second vision, why did Tsaritsa even bother with delusions, which are unstable and harm the user, instead of just handing Childe, for example, a cryo vision to go with his hydro one? Also really weird that Barbatos, who has no problem giving out power to people he likes, wouldn't just give a second vision to Amber, a person he considers the embodiment of his principles and who loves being in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It doesn't really make any sense at all in the context of the story, because why is it completely unheard of and if Archons can just give people a second vision, why did Tsaritsa even bother with delusions, which are unstable and harm the user, instead of just handing Childe, for example, a cryo vision to go with his hydro one? Also really weird that Barbatos, who has no problem giving out power to people he likes, wouldn't just give a second vision to Amber, a person he considers the embodiment of his principles and who loves being in the sky.
    Archons don't distribute Visions, as it turns out. Ei says in her voice lines they don't, and she didn't even know electro visions weren't given out for the whole year of Vision Hunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The Archons don't directly hand out visions. https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Vision
    The key thing is the desire of the person who receives it and something unknown. If you only got one desire/focus you wouldn't receive another vision.
    Delusions are made so people without "capping out their desire level" can receive a similar power in exchange for their lifeforce.

Lets say a scholar who wanted to heal people was given a hyrdo vision. Years later he is in a village that is attacked by a bunch of Fatui cryo users. He now has a new desire of defeating the Fatui but no matter how hard he tries his hydro vision is worthless. No where in any known lore does it state that he couldn't be suddenly granted a pyro vision.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-09-09 at 06:07 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say a scholar who wanted to heal people was given a hyrdo vision. Years later he is in a village that is attacked by a bunch of Fatui cryo users. He now has a new desire of defeating the Fatui but no matter how hard he tries his hydro vision is worthless. No where in any known lore does it state that he couldn't be suddenly granted a pyro vision.
    Nor are there any examples of it ever happening. The combat of the entire game is premised on setting up reactions and switching characters out. A dual element, self-sufficient characters flies in the face of that, imo. Eventually you'll have a team of 4 main dps that you switch to depending on the enemy and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Nor are there any examples of it ever happening. The combat of the entire game is premised on setting up reactions and switching characters out. A dual element, self-sufficient characters flies in the face of that, imo. Eventually you'll have 4 main dps teams that switch to depending on the enemy and that's it.
    We already have an example of Kazuha using both his and his friends at the same time when he had the desire to not let his friend(traveler) die. His desire was a temporary thing as we are no longer in danger. We also know people can perma use a dead persons vision if their desire is great as thats how Ningguang got hers.

We also have examples of beings using multiple elements in game with Andrius being able to use two and people using delusions to multi element.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Yae Miko is a special case as in JP lore, kitsune are able to use multiple elements.

Foxfire (Kitsune-bi)

By rubbing their tails together, a kitsune can make lightning or fire. The kitsune can also, to a small range, breathe out fire. Kitsune can also make small 'fox lanterns', by producing small balls of fire to float around them, and guide their way. This fire can be used as a weapon, or as a toy.

https://kitsuney.weebly.com/kitsune-powers.html
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Archons don't directly hand out visions. https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Vision
    The key thing is the desire of the person who receives it and something unknown. If you only got one desire/focus you wouldn't receive another vision.
    Delusions are made so people without "capping out their desire level" can receive a similar power in exchange for their lifeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Archons don't distribute Visions, as it turns out. Ei says in her voice lines they don't, and she didn't even know electro visions weren't given out for the whole year of Vision Hunt.
    I didn't mean literally handing them out. Just because they aren't distributed consciously doesn't mean they aren't bound to the Archon's will, rather the fact that they stopped showing up during the Hunt is direct evidence that on some level, deciding visions were bad meant she stopped creating new ones. Qwerty your logic here makes no sense. The situations that lead to visions we know of are generally not so specific so as to only require a single sort of vision.

The scholar whose ambition is to heal people doesn't need a hydro vision, because hydro isn't the only element that heals, all of them are capable of doing that, presumably dendro as well. He could have gotten any vision. Likewise, if he is suddenly attack, how on earth would having a hydro vision be useless? We're not talking video game mechanics here, but narrative implications. A hydro vision is not useless against a group of bandits simply because they have cryo, it can still be used to attack and defend. If just having a situation where a better vision would be helpful or save you was all it took to manifest a second vision, they would be everywhere. Vision users are constantly risking their lives and in the middle of things, but no one has two.

Someone who is extremely ambitious isn't ambitious "but only pyro". Xianling's amibition for cooking, based primarily around wanting to find new and interesting ingredients and methods should have also easily manifested a hydro, dendro, and/or cryo vision. I'd reiterate that Amber's entire thing is how she absolutely loves gliding and freedom and is an extreme go-getter full of ambition so why hasn't she ever gotten an anemo vision? Characters like Ning, Keqing and Beidou are full of amibitions and Beidou especially should have run into plenty of situations that would qualify for a second vision.

It makes no sense.

There is nothing that says two visions can't ever possibly happen forever, but there is a LOT of stuff that implicitly suggests this is the case. I'm not arguing that Yae isn't going to be dual-element, I'm sure she could just rely on kitsune magic. I'm just saying "Oh there's no limit on having visions you can just manifest more of them if you get into other situations" is absurd and significantly undermines parts of the game's story.

We already have an example of Kazuha using both his and his friends at the same time when he had the desire to not let his friend(traveler) die.
    The feeling I got form that was more 'residual spirit energy from his friend" or some other hand-wavy nonsense moreso than kazuha himself activating it.

We also have examples of beings using multiple elements in game with Andrius
    Andrius isn't a vision holder. The world seems to me to have plenty of examples that certain creatures are elemental in nature and have natural affinity. Just not any vision holders, though I suppose that could go for fox people like yae. However, I still hope they don't. Keeping playable characters as one element is cleaner, more straight forward design IMO.

There's nothing stating people can't receive 2 visions. And Kazuha was able to activate is best friends and use it with his own to boost the power. You can see his leaves in the cutscene. So we know people are capable of using two visions at least temporarily.
    The main issues with this are, his friend is dead, and most people won't have a hold of a second vision. Even during the quests they talk about how its so incredibly rare to see a masterless vision. So that brings up the even bigger questions. Are there other masterless visions? Could this same thing happen by activating a vision that isn't masterless and still belongs to someone? We have also never seen an instance of someone being granted two visions. I think Kazuha was just for the story. He even tried to get someone else to be able to reawaken it under extreme conditions.

I wouldn't really want them to have a dual element character. With only two spells, one would be one element and the other a different one. I also want to see them at least finally put Dendro in and get that going before we try and dual elemental characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    The feeling I got form that was more 'residual spirit energy from his friend" or some other hand-wavy nonsense moreso than kazuha himself activating it.

Andrius isn't a vision holder. The world seems to me to have plenty of examples that certain creatures are elemental in nature and have natural affinity. Just not any vision holders, though I suppose that could go for fox people like yae. However, I still hope they don't. Keeping playable characters as one element is cleaner, more straight forward design IMO.
    It does however fix issue with some teambuilding tho, where you cant put in electro or pyro to make a team work.

I can see this character work with 2 set pyro 2 set electro and stacking elemental mastery on goblet instead of elemental damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    There are no special cases, they're gonna do this in Genshin just like they did in Honkai, let certain characters have two elements.
    This is just the first of many.

Also Hitei, no, the only way these leaks can be changed is if Mihoyo themselves change something prior to the launch of the characters / content in question.
    Which ofc does happen from time to time but calling it misleading is stupid. Their content as of right now is moving along in that direction so the leak itself is accurate in this very moment, it also confirmed the leak from that one chinese bro from bilibili that got taken down.

Things can change down the line, yes, but it's not misleading at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long this video will stay up:

New characters 100%:

Second one was in model leaks way back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Rumors are that this is just a flashback, and the polearm girl is Madame Ping.

She's wearing the same Cleansing Bell.

15+ Year Old Account
    so 1/30 into level 10 of the electro shrine is max we can have atm right (electroculus tracker thing doesnt show me anymore on the map when i use it)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    so 1/30 into level 10 of the electro shrine is max we can have atm right (electroculus tracker thing doesnt show me anymore on the map when i use it)
    I almost collected all of the smaller part to. Just missing a 3 day feed a cat miniquest.

I didn't mean literally handing them out. Just because they aren't distributed consciously doesn't mean they aren't bound to the Archon's will, rather the fact that they stopped showing up during the Hunt is direct evidence that on some level, deciding visions were bad meant she stopped creating new ones. Qwerty your logic here makes no sense. The situations that lead to visions we know of are generally not so specific so as to only require a single sort of vision.

The scholar whose ambition is to heal people doesn't need a hydro vision, because hydro isn't the only element that heals, all of them are capable of doing that, presumably dendro as well. He could have gotten any vision. Likewise, if he is suddenly attack, how on earth would having a hydro vision be useless? We're not talking video game mechanics here, but narrative implications. A hydro vision is not useless against a group of bandits simply because they have cryo, it can still be used to attack and defend. If just having a situation where a better vision would be helpful or save you was all it took to manifest a second vision, they would be everywhere. Vision users are constantly risking their lives and in the middle of things, but no one has two.

Someone who is extremely ambitious isn't ambitious "but only pyro". Xianling's amibition for cooking, based primarily around wanting to find new and interesting ingredients and methods should have also easily manifested a hydro, dendro, and/or cryo vision. I'd reiterate that Amber's entire thing is how she absolutely loves gliding and freedom and is an extreme go-getter full of ambition so why hasn't she ever gotten an anemo vision? Characters like Ning, Keqing and Beidou are full of amibitions and Beidou especially should have run into plenty of situations that would qualify for a second vision.

It makes no sense.

There is nothing that says two visions can't ever possibly happen forever, but there is a LOT of stuff that implicitly suggests this is the case. I'm not arguing that Yae isn't going to be dual-element, I'm sure she could just rely on kitsune magic. I'm just saying "Oh there's no limit on having visions you can just manifest more of them if you get into other situations" is absurd and significantly undermines parts of the game's story.
    Not even Ei knows why electro visions weren't given out. And if it was really related to the Archon don't you think the Tsaritsa would just be tossing out a ton of Cryo so the Fatui could steamroll everyone and she could quickly enact what ever her plan is? Or that everyone in Liyue would have been making contracts with Zhongli to get a geo vision?

My example wasn't to say only hydro heals. It was just an example where one element is clearly weaker to the other as having all your attacks/heals/what ever frozen means you can't do shit and it was also an example of two different desires that could potentially lead to obtaining a second vision.

Amber doesn't need a anemo vision. Nor does she have a second desire to obtain one :""What you lacked was not wind, but courage. It is courage that has allowed you to become the first flying birds of this world."

Amber realized that she shouldn't wait for directions from someone else, but that she should be like those courageous birds that spread their wings and flew into the blue skies.

"There must be something that only I can do. There must be."

The moment she realized this, a Vision began to shine brightly at her hip." that is how she got her vision.

Also Amber cares more about preserving the outriders more than gliding. Who knows, maybe if she gave up that dream and fully devoted to gliding maybe she might be granted an anemo vision.

What implicitly states that there can't be any multi vision users? We literally just saw an example of one. Don't forget that lorewise a vision user is pretty rare compared to the number of actual humans and we have only experienced 3 countries so far. Also we already have examples of unique vision users that we haven't seen more examples of yet like Fischl and Oz. Fischl is literally the only example of a vision user manifesting a sentient being with their vision.

Lots of people have ambition and yet don't receive a vision. That's just likely part of it. We can't even be sure if its ambition since there are people like Klee who have no idea how they got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The main issues with this are, his friend is dead, and most people won't have a hold of a second vision. Even during the quests they talk about how its so incredibly rare to see a masterless vision. So that brings up the even bigger questions. Are there other masterless visions? Could this same thing happen by activating a vision that isn't masterless and still belongs to someone? We have also never seen an instance of someone being granted two visions. I think Kazuha was just for the story. He even tried to get someone else to be able to reawaken it under extreme conditions.

I wouldn't really want them to have a dual element character. With only two spells, one would be one element and the other a different one. I also want to see them at least finally put Dendro in and get that going before we try and dual elemental characters.
    As far as we know visions don't break so there are tons of masterless visions as when a vision user dies they deactivate. People even trade/sell masterless visions in hopes of getting their own vision or to make money of people who want one.

I think it would probably be like Childe where you "switch stances".

It clearly shows that it was due to resonating with his friends desire "there will always be those who dare to brave the lightnings glow". Kazuha wasn't doing it to experience the ultimate technique though but to save his friend.

They kinda painted themselves into a corner with 7 elements and 5 weapon types in a gacha game. Imo it would be better to add a new weapon type but maybe they feel double element was easier to do. We still got at the very least 4 more "expansions" and like 12+ new characters in each of them? Sure they still have dendro but even then you get 5 new dendro/weapon combos before you start repeating.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-09-09 at 10:07 PM.

Not a fan of the dual-element thing, at least not in electro's current state and electro's interaction with Fire/Ice. Even geo is in a better spot, because the only reason it's not taken is because it doesn't have good elemental-reactions.

Considering that Ice/Water or Fire/Water Fire/Ice can be a thing then, Electro will just ruin it whenever you put them together with any of those.

it destroys freeze.
    it kicks away and uses up fire.
    it stops melt/vapor from working.
    It has the weakest resonance.

Dual-element will make team building a lot easier and thus easier to build proper melt/vapor teams.
    Now you pretty much always have to sacrifice something, or rather the teams work but "not flawlessly"... and that is already less and less common with more characters releasing because "they just fit".

They kinda painted themselves into a corner with 7 elements and 5 weapon types in a gacha game. Imo it would be better to add a new weapon type but maybe they feel double element was easier to do.
    Big fat doubt. First of all, they aren't in any corner whatsoever.
    There is nothing difficult in adding more weapon types.
    A gun, fists, sword&shield and whatever comes to mind. You can perfectly explain why they are currently not used as much as well and why you haven't encountered anyone using them. At least for the gun and fist weapons. But we know Sword&Shield users as well. Stanley for example.
    It's just animation and attackspeed/modifier variation.

Compared to double-element and the change to teambuilding and the whole "meta" and resonance thing etc....
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-10 at 05:22 AM.