Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    This is just 100% not happening, Childe rerun barely brought more money than Keqing and his release banner also brought pathetic revenue. I doubt he's getting another rerun before Mihoyo starts posting reruns simultaneous with new banners. They want to burn as many freemogems from people as possible before Yae, and that's why the next rerun (assuming there are any) will be an OP character - as in, Ganyu or Hu Tao.
    The sad thing is, people are actually going to fall for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe she'll be dual element at all. But she doesn't need to be dual element or OP, her waifu value is through the roof and people will roll a truckload on her regardless of her performance.
    I have a feeling she will be the actual OP character in terms of damage. No particular reason, just feeling I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't really do "a crap ton of damage". His damage is not terrible, but that's the only thing going for him, and even that is conditional, since his flower dies whenever a mob looks in its general direction AND it doesn't hit shields. And then if you stack DEF for his E, then he may as well not have ult at all. Sure, he may do a bit more damage than Zhongli, but support's damage is pretty much irrelevant, since your main DPS does 90% of it anyway, and then Zhongli's shields are 100x stronger with none of Albedo's problems, AND you get def shred and CC from ult if you need it.

Albedo would be a decent character if Zhongli didn't exist, but he does and that was my point.
    His damage is definitely not something to laugh at in terms of actual output. The issue is, like you mentioned, his flower dies when a mob even just looks at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 2.3 Global Beta Test signup is up, so leaks soon i hope
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Albedo would be a decent character if Zhongli didn't exist, but he does and that was my point.
    I will admit that I'm not all the up on the meta, but since when is Albedo meant to share the same slot as Zhongli on a team? Don't they both do completely different things? If anything, any of the meta teams I have seen tend to have Albedo and Zhongli together on a team, since there isn't very many Geo characters that can work well with Zhongli while still activating the Geo resonance.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Patch 2.3 Global Beta Test signup is up, so leaks soon i hope
    Man I wanted to sign up but it seems joining their discord is a requirement? I'd love to join but it's full...

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I will admit that I'm not all the up on the meta, but since when is Albedo meant to share the same slot as Zhongli on a team? Don't they both do completely different things? If anything, any of the meta teams I have seen tend to have Albedo and Zhongli together on a team, since there isn't very many Geo characters that can work well with Zhongli while still activating the Geo resonance.
    It's an element thing.

2 Geo is only really good if your main DPS is geo, but I wouldn't say Albedo has main DPS potential and as a subdps/support, Zhongli is better due to res%shred

Albedo is more like the DPS version of Zhongli when you think you have too much eHP and want more damage instead of more shield HP in my opinion.
    20% shred from Zhongli is pretty strong and as I've said already a few times in this thread, he shouldnt be able to do that because, as you can see in this case, he is almost a must-include in every comp. Especially since it shreds Anemo/Geo Res% as well and there are basically no other methods to do that, other than C2(?) Jean and stuff like that.

But Albedo buffs EM and has decent DPS himself.
    His Q always hits hard, even if you build him full DEF%. Since most of his damage comes from crit/critdmg/geo% dmg.
    Bennett is always there to buff the ATK to a high level.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-15 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I'm not sure there is such a thing as "meta Geo team" right now, but I don't really care about meta. C6 Noelle is fun, but her DPS isn't THAT great and you need a lot of copium to call her a real main DPS. I don't know what other character you'd want to pair Albedo + Zhongli with. Itto may make mono Geo (or 3 Geo + a filler) a viable comp, which is where Albedo would fit, but for now there is no place for him. The only reason you'd put a Geo character in most teams that have a filler spot are shields, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Classic MMO-champion attempting to turn this F2P exploration heavy game into another competitive grindfest and making the game lesser for it. Really hope Mihoyo never caters to this player base the way Blizzard did with WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It's a gacha game and they literally sell power. They've already released 3 obvious power creep characters and buffed another because people complained so much.

Every video game with combat is always going to have a focus on optimization because people like to feel powerful. Also it takes like 2 seconds to explore and there's no fucking reason to actually do that. The puzzles are boring and simple. The chests are lackluster and just clutter inventory. Running is slow as fuck in this game. Enemy density is nearly non-existent. "Exploration" feels like a semi-afk activity like no mans sky and that game can get bent.

So... yeah... the game's real fun comes from 1) optimizing your character, 2) events and getting high scores, 3) waifu collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Classic MMO-champion attempting to turn this F2P exploration heavy game into another competitive grindfest and making the game lesser for it. Really hope Mihoyo never caters to this player base the way Blizzard did with WoW.
    On top of also being completely wrong about everything they are saying making them look like prime buffoons. Like the guy who stated Albedo gets outclassed by zhongli when they both do completely different things and the geo resonance is so fucking strong after the buff that its usually good to include both of them in a team. Legit the 2 meta teams for 9 staring floor 12 in the current abyss are "Childe, xiangling, kazuha, bennet" and "Hutao, XQ. Zhongli, Albedo".
    That being said, caring about the meta in this game is kinda omegalul worthy but at the same time making asinine statements that Albedo is outclassed by zhongli is kinda cringe for people that have been playing this game daily for 1 year.
    If it was for them, we d still have the 3 star version of zhongli in the game.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as "meta Geo team" right now, but I don't really care about meta. C6 Noelle is fun, but her DPS isn't THAT great and you need a lot of copium to call her a real main DPS. I don't know what other character you'd want to pair Albedo + Zhongli with. Itto may make mono Geo (or 3 Geo + a filler) a viable comp, which is where Albedo would fit, but for now there is no place for him. The only reason you'd put a Geo character in most teams that have a filler spot are shields, so...
    I know you said you don't care about the meta, but I've been using these posts on Reddit for team suggestions. One of the top teams, which I was using prior to getting Yoimiya, is Hu Tao, Xingqui, Albedo, and Zhongli. Seemed to do decent damage, and my team was practically unkillable. Another top tier team is Xiao, Jean, Albedo, and Zhongli, which seems to be based around keeping Xiao alive while he does his thing. Finally a more recent team, but not used quite as much as the other two, makes use of Eula, Raiden Shogun, Albedo, and Zhongli.

So, again, I'm kind of confused at all the hate for Albedo. His flower being destroyed is definitely annoying, but it's manageable in most situations and, even without the flower, you're still getting a small boost in damage just from him being on the team with Zhongli.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Floor 11 is pain... and mostly due to time limit. 2 packs of cyro + agent + electro cicin and good luck getting those 3 dead under 7 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Floor 11 is pain... and mostly due to time limit. 2 packs of cyro + agent + electro cicin and good luck getting those 3 dead under 7 min.
    Looks like you need Baal to spam bursts

Edit: got C1 Baal, anyone here who can confirm that C2 is brokenly op?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2021-09-16 at 02:16 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post

Its just a damage increase, but c0 is fine for her. She is a support, not a dps.

Also did they just turn mihoyo forum into a fucking twitter?

Naaaah. It's a solid DPS increase though.
    C3 as well.

I'd go for C2 if you like her. or at least "try to go for it"

won 2 50/50 in a row, i fear c2 qiqi is behind the corner
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

won 2 50/50 in a row, i fear c2 qiqi is behind the corner
    Only way to get her out of the system is pulling her!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kokomi snoozefest of a banner:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and weapon banner as if anyone cared:

I didn't like Kokomi's skillset, she sounds super boring.

Can't wait for the first polearm/claymore hydro user to release though.
    Isn't Ayaka's brother a polearm user with a hydro vision?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 20k primos for her. Even if shes bad, I'm tired of using diona for everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I have 20k primos for her. Even if shes bad, I'm tired of using diona for everything
    That's what Qiqi is there for