Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Story content, exploration, character mat farming, events, dailies etc.. If i do abyss 9-12, its like 40 minutes out of a 6 week patch. Its hardly content
    TBF Story content/exploration is a one-and done thing, and can you really call content sending characters on a expedition for 20 primogems? Don't get me wrong, some events were pretty cool, but most of them are just not.

I personally filled in the gaps with leveling all my characters... finished up recently. I have I believe 29 characters, all 80/90, 6/6/6 minimum. It's nice in this kinda of games to set up goals for you to achieve, this has been a goal of mine for several months now, so it feels fulfilling. Now I may take a break from farming the electro oceanid 24/7 and go for some artifacts for lots of characters that I want to try but don't have the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    I personally filled in the gaps with leveling all my characters... finished up recently. I have I believe 29 characters, all 80/90, 6/6/6 minimum. It's nice in this kinda of games to set up goals for you to achieve, this has been a goal of mine for several months now, so it feels fulfilling.
    That's recently become my long term goal as well, since I just can't stand the never-ending nightmare that is artifact grinding.

Also, as dismissive as people are towards stuff like commissions, exploring or events, the truth is that you are going to be spending way more time doing that than grinding domains or doing the Abyss, because of how restrictive Resin is and, again, the fact that once you get all the stars in the current Abyss, there's no reason to keep doing it. Part of the impetus I have for leveling all or most of the characters is I like the idea being able to swap around and play whomever I feel like that day when I'm doing my commissions or running around and grabbing materials for leveling other characters.

There's really no getting around the fact that Genshin is very much a casual game, specifically designed to not take up much of your time.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Simulator is updated:
    https://gi-wish-simulator.uzairashraf.dev/

In 3 summon and reset i got Kokomi at:
    A) 73 and her weapon on 135 454$ spend
    B) 77 and her weapon on 132 447$ spend
    C) 153 and her weapon on 80 480$ spend

Hm....this is weird, another try:
    D) first 10 pull Kokomi, 70 for weapon 165$ spend
    E) 79 and weapon on 70 again 307$ spend

I realy dont like this odds.
    Lol 2nd ten pull on the fake weapon banner I got primordial jade cutter... if only that happened for real.. BabyRage

Edit:

Okay so I did 150 wishes on the fake weapon banner.

I got 2 Primordial jade cutters and a skyward blade.

so about $450... for 3 weapons that don't have voice acting, don't have unique gameplay or animations, etc... Just literally... weapons.. And that was me getting relatively lucky too. If you get that kokopium weapon it's literally worthless. Imaging spending hundreds of dollars on the weapon banner only to get that worthless weapon.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-09-26 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    That's recently become my long term goal as well, since I just can't stand the never-ending nightmare that is artifact grinding.

Also, as dismissive as people are towards stuff like commissions, exploring or events, the truth is that you are going to be spending way more time doing that than grinding domains or doing the Abyss, because of how restrictive Resin is and, again, the fact that once you get all the stars in the current Abyss, there's no reason to keep doing it. Part of the impetus I have for leveling all or most of the characters is I like the idea being able to swap around and play whomever I feel like that day when I'm doing my commissions or running around and grabbing materials for leveling other characters.

There's really no getting around the fact that Genshin is very much a casual game, specifically designed to not take up much of your time.
    True, I went hard for a while farming artifacts until I said fuck that and started leveling all my characters. Now I'm back farming artifacts, but I'll try to get artifacts for the characters I want to try, instead of going for that perfect piece. As you said, once you 36* abyss, there's really no other reason to keep farming, because you really don't need better gear.

At least until Mihoyo decides to put Azdaha in F12 and you have 3 minutes to beat him. Just a matter of time at this point honestly. Something like you have to do 50% of its health with each team lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol 2nd ten pull on the fake weapon banner I got primordial jade cutter... if only that happened for real.. BabyRage

Edit:

Okay so I did 150 wishes on the fake weapon banner.

I got 2 Primordial jade cutters and a skyward blade.

so about $450... for 3 weapons that don't have voice acting, don't have unique gameplay or animations, etc... Just literally... weapons.. And that was me getting relatively lucky too. If you get that kokopium weapon it's literally worthless. Imaging spending hundreds of dollars on the weapon banner only to get that worthless weapon.
    That's the reason why you should always hope for weapons in the standard banner with your free rolls from events and stuff

True, I went hard for a while farming artifacts until I said fuck that and started leveling all my characters. Now I'm back farming artifacts, but I'll try to get artifacts for the characters I want to try, instead of going for that perfect piece.
    I hadn't even been trying to get a "perfect" roll. I would have been more than fine with just the main stat I wanted on the set piece I wanted, but I could never even seem to get that.

At least until Mihoyo decides to put Azdaha in F12 and you have 3 minutes to beat him. Just a matter of time at this point honestly. Something like you have to do 50% of its health with each team lol.
    Even that wouldn't be enough to get me back to farming artifacts, since I already skip Abyss floors that are obnoxious or seem impossible. It's just not worth the blood pressure spike over the same amount of primogems I get out of a couple days of commissions and Welkin's blessing.

The only way I would go back to seriously artifact farming is 1)They somehow make it more tolerable 2)I have already leveled all the characters I wanted and, like you, don't really have anything else to do, or 3)They add story content that strictly requires good artifacts. Of the three, I feel like option 2 has the likeliest chance of happening in the near future.

Do you guys level all 36(?) characters even though you have no intention of putting them into your team for more than 10 seconds after leveling them up?
    I don't know how people spent their resin if not for artifact farming.

I would feel devastated when I'd spend ressources on some character and it turns out to be garbage.
    The Mora, the XP books, the Talent books... all wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Do you guys level all 36(?) characters even though you have no intention of putting them into your team for more than 10 seconds after leveling them up?

I would feel devastated when I'd spend ressources on some character and it turns out to be garbage.
    Where are you getting that we're not going to be putting them on our teams? Again, my goal is to reach a point where I can rotate through characters as I please, depending on who I feel like playing that day.

It can also be considered an investment. New characters come out that might make old characters more viable. Off the top of my head, I know that both Kazuha and the Raiden Shogun have apparently made Childe much easier to play, for example.

Also, I'm positive you've gotten new characters since the start of the game, and leveled them up since. You're honestly telling me that, even with how conservative you've been with materials and focusing on characters that are considered strong, you haven't yet had to bench a single one because you simply have no more room on your teams?

And even if you haven't yet, you realize you might have to in the future? It's apart of the game's design: Mihoyo wants you to roll on new characters and then spend time, materials, and resin leveling them up. Eventually they will introduce a new character that you either find more fun to play than your current characters or makes one of your older characters obsolete.

No matter how careful you are with your materials, eventually you're going to end up retiring a character that you "wasted" Mora, XP, and Talent books on. Unless you're playing a "meme" account where you are only ever going to use certain characters (like a "only the starter characters" account) but I'm pretty sure that's not the case with you.

Where are you getting that we're not going to be putting them on our teams? Again, my goal is to reach a point where I can rotate through characters as I please, depending on who I feel like playing that day.

It can also be considered an investment. New characters come out that might make old characters more viable. Off the top of my head, I know that both Kazuha and the Raiden Shogun have apparently made Childe much easier to play, for example.

Also, I'm positive you've gotten new characters since the start of the game, and leveled them up since. You're honestly telling me that, even with how conservative you've been with materials and focusing on characters that are considered strong, you haven't yet had to bench a single one because you simply have no more room on your teams?
    That's exactly why I don't understand why you'd add more on that pile.

"You already wasted 10h of your life, so what is another 200h worth? It's the same" is what you are telling me.
    It's not like most characters have exceptionally different playstyles that they'd change from the good-old switchero combat design.
    Half of them are similar and you are just changing the amount of off-field damage support. (I mean, look at Yanfei/Klee for example)
    And if you got the good ones already up, I don't see a reason to get the weaker choices up as well.
    And if you pick the weaker choices you want better artifacts.
    And they are universal as well.
    Not to mention that you need artifacts in the first place unless you always want to switch out artifacts from other characters as well.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-26 at 01:14 PM.

That's exactly why I don't understand why you'd add more on that pile.

"You already wasted 10h of your life, so what is another 200h worth? It's the same" is what you are telling me.
    No, what I'm telling you is that I would rather waste 200 hours leveling characters that I like and enjoy playing, than spend 200 hours on grinding artifact domains and potentially achieving absolutely nothing.

It's a difference in priorities, I suppose.

I hadn't even been trying to get a "perfect" roll. I would have been more than fine with just the main stat I wanted on the set piece I wanted, but I could never even seem to get that.

Even that wouldn't be enough to get me back to farming artifacts, since I already skip Abyss floors that are obnoxious or seem impossible. It's just not worth the blood pressure spike over the same amount of primogems I get out of a couple days of commissions and Welkin's blessing.

The only way I would go back to seriously artifact farming is 1)They somehow make it more tolerable 2)I have already leveled all the characters I wanted and, like you, don't really have anything else to do, or 3)They add story content that strictly requires good artifacts. Of the three, I feel like option 2 has the likeliest chance of happening in the near future.
    Yeah, still hoping the introduce a way to reroll substats or some shit like that. Even getting specific days for artifact sets like there is for every other domain material would be a major improvement.
    By going for the perfect piece I mean I have good enough artifacts to 36* the abyss, so I don't mind farming a bit for some extra power now that I have nothing to do.

Pretty much what RadasNoir said, I see it as an investment if I get the itch to try a character in the abyss in the future. I know they can hold their own because they're decently build, even if I don't have the perfect artifacts, you can always throw in a 2p glad and 2p noblesse on 99% of the characters and do fine.

Besides, farming artifacts for a few months became boring af. Not because it was repetitive, but because it felt unrewarding. You EVENTUALLY get good enough artifacts, and you start to see a decent power spike in your teams. But if you keep going for better stats it becomes a rabbit hole that I couldn't be bothered to go into. I opted to go for more straightforward upgrades: weapons (had a lot of them at lvl 80), talents (started to go past lvl 6 with my main dps), and ascensions (had all of my support / off field dps at 70/80).
    And after that was done, I wanted to have more flexibility going into future abysses, so I started leveling other units I knew were good but never bothered, like Xiangling for example. In the end, since I was getting the 36*, I thought, what's the point of going for better artifacts if I gotten 36* already? So I decided to start leveling all characters I had.
    And here we are, back to farming artifacts again, but now for lots of characters I want to try. I have a c6 Noelle waiting for some bolide pieces to go to town rolling my face on the keyboard. I have a Hu Tao running a 4p glad because I don't have anything better, but still is fun af to play with. I want to farm the new ER set to try on Raiden/Xiangling/Xingqiu to see how much harder their bursts can hit, and so on.

Maybe in the future I'l gor for all characters at 8/8/8 talents, I know I have the boss mats, I've been playing since the first Klee banner and never missed a week. But I know it's a big investment, especially mora-wise. But for now, I'm back to the artifact clownfiesta.

Story content, exploration, character mat farming, events, dailies etc.. If i do abyss 9-12, its like 40 minutes out of a 6 week patch. Its hardly content
    And all the other stuff you mentioned is? That doesn't take more than an hour either. It's also just a one-time thing. The only "sustainable" content in this game is farming for artifacts and then go mess around in abyss because things die in 1 hit from anything in the open world and artifact grinding is pointless for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally filled in the gaps with leveling all my characters... finished up recently. I have I believe 29 characters, all 80/90, 6/6/6 minimum. It's nice in this kinda of games to set up goals for you to achieve, this has been a goal of mine for several months now, so it feels fulfilling. Now I may take a break from farming the electro oceanid 24/7 and go for some artifacts for lots of characters that I want to try but don't have the gear.
    This is what I'm working on now. I spent a month farming emblem domain. I got a set for xiangling, xq, sarah and raiden. I wanted to keep going to get one fucking cr/cd piece (just base, don't care about upgrade) for raiden, and it didn't want to drop so w/e. In that month, I could've gotten a ton of characters leveled, and upgraded talents, weapons, etc. It was worth it though since I did need to farm it for a bit to just get that set for some characters cuz it's such a strong set. My goal for like...the next 6 months is to get all the characters I'm interested in to lv 90, lv 90 weapons, and lv 9 talents. It gets a bit boring doing abyss with just 2 teams every time. Would be nice to mix it up a bit.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-09-26 at 06:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    And all the other stuff you mentioned is? That doesn't take more than an hour either. It's also just a one-time thing. The only "sustainable" content in this game is farming for artifacts and then go mess around in abyss because things die in 1 hit from anything in the open world and artifact grinding is pointless for that.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I'm working on now. I spent a month farming emblem domain. I got a set for xiangling, xq, sarah and raiden. I wanted to keep going to get one fucking cr/cd piece (just base, don't care about upgrade) for raiden, and it didn't want to drop so w/e. In that month, I could've gotten a ton of characters leveled, and upgraded talents, weapons, etc. It was worth it though since I did need to farm it for a bit to just get that set for some characters cuz it's such a strong set. My goal for like...the next 6 months is to get all the characters I'm interested in to lv 90, lv 90 weapons, and lv 9 talents. It gets a bit boring doing abyss with just 2 teams every time. Would be nice to mix it up a bit.
    If you 100% inazuma in an hour, i think you should go outside or something. For me, it takes weeks to do what i mentioned because i play other games

The last 10 levels of a character are such an insane investment for so little return I don't really think is worth it, but gl with that. Even going past lvl 6 talents has a really high cost just on the mora alone that holy shit.

If you 100% inazuma in an hour, i think you should go outside or something. For me, it takes weeks to do what i mentioned because i play other games
    It doesn't take that long to get all that stuff done, but thanks for the dig "to go outside". I'm sure you do it a lot too. If you count getting all the treasure chests as content, I feel bad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

The last 10 levels of a character are such an insane investment for so little return I don't really think is worth it, but gl with that. Even going past lvl 6 talents has a really high cost just on the mora alone that holy shit.
    ?? Not really? The main blocker is getting that last ascension. People don't seem to have issues with getting the last ascension though. But yea, it will take a long time, that's the point. It's something to do other than spending 6 months and maybe getting a bis set for one character.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't take that long to get all that stuff done, but thanks for the dig "to go outside". I'm sure you do it a lot too. If you count getting all the treasure chests as content, I feel bad for you.
    You feel bad for me because I enjoy playing the game longer while still keeping up with the several other dozens of games I play a year? Alright I guess

For me the issue isn't the mats that cost resin for leveling characters/weapons, but it's the farmable mats from mobs in the world or the herbs. That's always been the hard part for me. Like needing 27 Chaos Cores to do the last ascension on a weapon or needing 60 Dandelions to ascend Jean.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-09-27 at 01:55 AM.

?? Not really? The main blocker is getting that last ascension. People don't seem to have issues with getting the last ascension though. But yea, it will take a long time, that's the point. It's something to do other than spending 6 months and maybe getting a bis set for one character.
    Dunno man, I just checked to have the accurate numbers: 171 purple books and almost 685k mora to take a character from 80 to 90. That seems kinda a lot to me just to get +15 base atk. To put it resin-wise, each xp leyline gives 5,5 purple books on average, mora leylines are 60k. It should take you almost 5 days of leyline farming just to get one character from 80 to 90.
    I would personally focus on getting talents to 8/8/8, it would be more of a noticeable power spike, although a bit more expensive. Unless you level only the relevant talents (skill + burst), then it should break even.
    Again, if you want to go for lvl 90 characters as a long-term goal, you do you, but if you wanna be efficient as well with the power growth, I'd get talents first.

The last ascension is a cockblock because of gemstones honestly, I barely got enough with lucky drops from bosses and transmuting A LOT.

For me the issue isn't the mats that cost resin for leveling characters/weapons, but it's the farmable mats from mobs in the world or the herbs. That's always been the hard part for me. Like needing 27 Chaos Cores to do the last ascension on a weapon or needing 60 Dandelions to ascend Jean.
    Hard as in boring or hard as in getting a lot of them? If boring, not much to say there. If getting a lot, you can probably check routes to some efficient farming, even if you're lazy, you can use the handbook that autotracks monsters now, you can get like 10 or so ruin guards per day, more if you add spots that the handbook doesn't show you.
    Last edited by Gomelus; 2021-09-27 at 02:09 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    How i image MHY designers made standard characters:

-Keqing de.-:"Hello -Dilluc designer-, what you doing?"

-Dilluc de.-:"I think i found best thing i can make for this character, you know its all about infusion of auto-attacks and spam of godly E skill that getting even better at C6, so i will add stamina reduction for charged attacks"

-Keqing de.-:"Oh i see what you did there, so they will use charged attacks only to chop some woods even if Noelle better for this kind of job"

-Dilluc de.-:"What about your champion? i heard its some kind DMC rip-off slashgirl?"

-Keqing de.-:"Yes, at first i wanted to add stamina reduction on charged attacks but as i see its already been used by you i think i found other way around it, you know how electro reactions can't crit, so i will go double down on it and add crit chance passive + crit damage ascension stat"

-Dilluc de.-:"Hats off, you beat me in this round, but mark my words when i finish my MiMi, she gonna be perfect".

P.S.- he didn't lied about mimi, perfection!
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-09-27 at 07:32 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

It depends on the ressource, the chaos cores for example are now really really easy to gather and fast too. Raiden's flower was super easy as well and I did it in less than ~5 minutes of actual playtime.

But I wonder how new players do that stuff.
    You literally can't upgrade Kokomi/Raiden in the first 90 hours of gameplay or so.

Imagine you are a new player, roll on Raiden Banner, and get a character you can't use because you don't have the upgrade materials as you don't have the new stuff unlocked yet.