Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Imagine you are a new player, roll on Raiden Banner, and get a character you can't use because you don't have the upgrade materials as you don't have the new stuff unlocked yet.
    There should a tab in the shop for ascension mats, even 10 a month (or even a 1-time buy) would be good enough. That's enough to get a character to level 50, and that's all a new player realistically needs before they level up enough to even be able to level past that, and by then they can access all areas for ascension mats.

It's an oversight that shows that Mihoyo may not care that much about QoL changes for new players, but really, this problem feels mostly theoretical right now. It takes a while to get 75+ wishes, even as a new player, so they'd be making that change for 1% of new players who get lucky and get a 5* before pity (which is probably literally tens of people worldwide). As I recall, the starter rewards are mostly blue wishes, so you're not getting a new character from those. So by the time you actually get a limited banner character, chances are you will be AR30+ and can get to any area you need. It will get worse in time, but that is also probably the time Mihoyo will have to make those QoL changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

*sigh*

Dragalia lost has 3rd anniversiy event going

10 rolls every day for over a month. On top of 100 free rolls during an event.

Imagine Mihoyo, imagine.
    Too bad the game doesn't work on PC
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-27 at 10:50 AM.

When is Yae Miko coming? and will they ever buff other 4* characters that are just useless? or buff the original 5* characters? like Mona Keqing? etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    When is Yae Miko coming?
    Current leaks say 2.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm:
    Trustworthy Uncle 竜宫一心 claims Itto + Xiao in 2.4, during next year's Lantern Rite.
    https://twitter.com/SaveYourPrimos/s...27901836546049

Makes sense since there is no leaks for Itto model yet.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I finally uninstalled. Was a really good fun game. I regret spending money on it, but it was still a very well designed game as far as playing it goes, the gacha just wasn't very reasonable, especially on the weapon side. I know that this game has better gacha mechanics than others (I wouldn't know this was my first), but it wasn't actually fun, unless you got lucky, otherwise it just felt bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I finally uninstalled. Was a really good fun game. I regret spending money on it, but it was still a very well designed game as far as playing it goes, the gacha just wasn't very reasonable, especially on the weapon side. I know that this game has better gacha mechanics than others (I wouldn't know this was my first), but it wasn't actually fun, unless you got lucky, otherwise it just felt bad.
    This is a problem. You spend a lot of money . I spend only on sub and 4 times on battlepass to get weapons. Never on gems.
    I spend like 100 euro or something. Maybe more.
    It makes characters you roll on much more of a tactic :P
    Right now all i have to do is wait for c1 hu-tao and then nothing till next year realy. I dont expect dendro area till next April 2022.

You literally can't upgrade Kokomi/Raiden in the first 90 hours of gameplay or so.

Imagine you are a new player, roll on Raiden Banner, and get a character you can't use because you don't have the upgrade materials as you don't have the new stuff unlocked yet.
    If you paid any attention you’d know there are ascension mats available for all new characters.

They made it even easier than it ever was literally this patch. The only downtime is ar25-30 for inazuma characters, even then they are lvl 40 instead of potential lvl 50. The horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    If you paid any attention you’d know there are ascension mats available for all new characters.

They made it even easier than it ever was literally this patch. The only downtime is ar25-30 for inazuma characters, even then they are lvl 40 instead of potential lvl 50. The horror.
    It's a problem that's only going to continue getting worse the longer Mihoyo doesn't address it.

Imagine new players finally giving Genshin a try way later in the future. They hear everyone talking about the cool, new Tsaritsa banner and are initially excited when they actually manage to pull her!

But then, they realize they have to travel through hours and hours of Archon and Story quests before they can even properly level her. It will seem like a waste of primogems to them and might, at best, make them more hesitant to spend primogems/money in the future or, at worst, cause them to give up on the game entirely when they realize they likewise might not be able to properly level any of the new characters they get from the special banners.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    It's a problem that's only going to continue getting worse the longer Mihoyo doesn't address it.

Imagine new players finally giving Genshin a try way later in the future. They hear everyone talking about the cool, new Tsaritsa banner and are initially excited when they actually manage to pull her!

But then, they realize they have to travel through hours and hours of Archon and Story quests before they can even properly level her. It will seem like a waste of primogems to them and might, at best, make them more hesitant to spend primogems/money in the future or, at worst, cause them to give up on the game entirely when they realize they likewise might not be able to properly level any of the new characters they get from the special banners.
    You mean people who start a 5-6 year old live service game will be 5-6 years behind? Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You mean people who start a 5-6 year old live service game will be 5-6 years behind? Whoa!
    Your capacity to miss the point is truly admirable.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    What did they change?
    I'm not going to try it out but I assume you are already way higher than AR30 when you want to visit Inazuma.

Either way, it will just add up.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-27 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Pretty much any game that demands its players jump through 100 hoops just to be current in the game (as far as what they have access to participating in), as opposed to allowing players to go back in-time if they so desire, dies. It's a problem they'll have to address.

They'll already be behind enough just because they won't have the plethora of characters available to them, nor the stockpile of resources. Don't salt the wound.

What did they change?
    I'm not going to try it out but I assume you are already way higher than AR30 when you want to visit Inazuma.

Either way, it will just add up.
    I, too, am curious. While mobs respawn faster, they also seem to drop absolutely abysmal amounts of resources. Gray resource is an insult coming from higher world level.

It becomes monotonous to level new characters (talents, ascension, etc) after a certain amount of time. Shop should carry unlimited amount of the materials it does so I can circumvent the most mundane parts of the game.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-09-27 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaks:

For next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Dunno man, I just checked to have the accurate numbers: 171 purple books and almost 685k mora to take a character from 80 to 90. That seems kinda a lot to me just to get +15 base atk. To put it resin-wise, each xp leyline gives 5,5 purple books on average, mora leylines are 60k. It should take you almost 5 days of leyline farming just to get one character from 80 to 90.
    I would personally focus on getting talents to 8/8/8, it would be more of a noticeable power spike, although a bit more expensive. Unless you level only the relevant talents (skill + burst), then it should break even.
    Again, if you want to go for lvl 90 characters as a long-term goal, you do you, but if you wanna be efficient as well with the power growth, I'd get talents first.

The last ascension is a cockblock because of gemstones honestly, I barely got enough with lucky drops from bosses and transmuting A LOT.
    Here's the thing...I'm assuming most people just used up all their purple xp books cuz they were too lazy to do like 10 xp leylines (from 1-70). I never did that, and so I have like over 1500 purple xp books and I have like 6 lv 90s atm. I always just did a couple leylines to level them up combined with the zillion blue xp books I've hoarded over time. On the other hand, there's absolutely nothing you can do about the ascension gemstones. Unless you get really lucky, on average it takes 5 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your point was they should do something. My point is they probably wont because its a gatcha

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post

I think the main, and so far only problem, May be Inazuma. Unless the other areas are similar and need a boat and a special quest to get to. Up until this point, you could just wonder into any of the lands, regardless of quest status. Hopefully that'll be the case later on as well.

Though I can understand players getting mad at rolling on a banner and getting something they can't upgrade at all. Chances are, if they are just starting out, they won't know what to do anyway. Maybe lowering the requirement of the quests is in order since I have no idea what the AR restrictions do anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Great catch. I didn't word that very intelligently.

What I meant to say is that I've been told this game has much fairer gacha mechanics than other games and that I shouldn't complain. I just never had a great experience or any degree of luck when it came to weapon banners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I think the main, and so far only problem, May be Inazuma. Unless the other areas are similar and need a boat and a special quest to get to. Up until this point, you could just wonder into any of the lands, regardless of quest status. Hopefully that'll be the case later on as well.

Though I can understand players getting mad at rolling on a banner and getting something they can't upgrade at all. Chances are, if they are just starting out, they won't know what to do anyway. Maybe lowering the requirement of the quests is in order since I have no idea what the AR restrictions do anyway.
    Even if you dont do a single quest (after co-op unlock), you can still co-op with other player and pick up materials in their world. (only world lvl is a problem).
    So its possible to obtain those materials (but very anoying).

I have a felling they will add those materials into a store for players to purchase in packs on every re-run banner later in game.

Also lol: