Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    It's funny because starting off where the game is now, I'm actually overwhelmed by content. Meanwhile, all I hear about from veterans is how there is nothing to do.

There is too much to do, but tbh it's just typical open-world gimmicks.
    Yeah that is nothing new realy. It can be overwhelmed for new players, while those at Ar 60 have nothing to do.

My problem is that when dendro region comes out i will finish it way to fast

Also...seems like the curse of diluc follows me into another game
    Don't sweat the details!!!

It's funny because starting off where the game is now, I'm actually overwhelmed by content. Meanwhile, all I hear about from veterans is how there is nothing to do.

There is too much to do, but tbh it's just typical open-world gimmicks.
    Yeah, that's the thing. There's a lot of ground to cover, but not necessarily a lot of content to go along with it. Once you've chased your 50th seelie or solved your 30th "puzzle" it really wears thin.

It doesn't help that every event is temporary, and the only endgame content is one floor of Abyss, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yeah, that's the thing. There's a lot of ground to cover, but not necessarily a lot of content to go along with it. Once you've chased your 50th seelie or solved your 30th "puzzle" it really wears thin.

It doesn't help that every event is temporary, and the only endgame content is one floor of Abyss, if that.
    I get what you mean, but exploration and the puzzles are one of the stronger parts of Genshin and you can't really replay that. I'd love it to have some kind of endgame (abyss for veterans at this point is whatever), I'm high on hopium atm but it is what it is.
    I've learnt to play the game for what it is, knowing that the big content comes with new areas, the rest is mostly maintenance mode. And I'm fine with it tbh, once you reach that point, you're chilling, it doesn't take you much time to do the daily stuff, so that's a plus as well for me.

I'm just glad I finally have an electro character that isn't Lisa. Sara looks cool, but I'm also kinda salty because I can only have her at level 20 because Inazuma is still locked behind Adventure Levels and quests. qvq
    When the game first came out, I started with Chongyun as my main dps (simpler times...) and had the same problem, except not quite as bad because Liyue is a lot quicker to get to than Inazuma is. So I kinda feel your pain, and I dislike that leveling materials are locked this way.

While the content does slow down once you're fully caught up, the patch cycle being a very consistent 6 weeks makes it easy to just play the game in spurts. I'm pretty casual about it and I have other games to play too, so it works out well for me. There's pros/cons to it depending how you like to enjoy your games.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    When the game first came out, I started with Chongyun as my main dps (simpler times...) and had the same problem, except not quite as bad because Liyue is a lot quicker to get to than Inazuma is. So I kinda feel your pain, and I dislike that leveling materials are locked this way.

While the content does slow down once you're fully caught up, the patch cycle being a very consistent 6 weeks makes it easy to just play the game in spurts. I'm pretty casual about it and I have other games to play too, so it works out well for me. There's pros/cons to it depending how you like to enjoy your games.
    I'm not suffering too much though, my team is only about level 30. I keep exploring and ignoring everything else lol. Going to the chasm for teleports while dodging level 35-40mobs is kinda hilarious. The best feeling is that when I finally decide to do the quests, I can just teleport to every location on the map.

I'm determined to keep Aether on my team though. It feels wrong to not have him buffed up, when he's the protagonist. Though that's probably because don't really approach genshin like a typical gacha.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok time to compare prices:

150 dark crystals = 1 red orb = 1 roll (genshin one is 160)
    This game pity is on 80, but rates seem to be much lower compared to genshin. You can get a limited character if you save 120 tokens (NOTE THEY GET RESET --- similar to genshin weapon banner pity, but difference is that those tokens become normal wish currency that is used on shop to buy from standard)

If we ignore bonuses, you will need 18.000 crystals to obtain character. This is a cost of 276 Euro to get a character 100%.

Genshin costs 180 wishes to 100% get a character. 28800 genesis crystals wich in total costs 405 euro (ignoring crystal bonuses). But it has a bit higher rate to obtain it.

So yeah a clone is half cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not suffering too much though, my team is only about level 30. I keep exploring and ignoring everything else lol. Going to the chasm for teleports while dodging level 35-40mobs is kinda hilarious. The best feeling is that when I finally decide to do the quests, I can just teleport to every location on the map.

I'm determined to keep Aether on my team though. It feels wrong to not have him buffed up, when he's the protagonist. Though that's probably because don't really approach genshin like a typical gacha.
    I only use my traveler for puzzles Its kinda a waste to build, but maybe dendro will be a good idea for renosance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ok time to compare prices:

150 dark crystals = 1 red orb = 1 roll (genshin one is 160)
    This game pity is on 80, but rates seem to be much lower compared to genshin. You can get a limited character if you save 120 tokens (NOTE THEY GET RESET --- similar to genshin weapon banner pity, but difference is that those tokens become normal wish currency that is used on shop to buy from standard)

If we ignore bonuses, you will need 18.000 crystals to obtain character. This is a cost of 276 Euro to get a character 100%.

Genshin costs 180 wishes to 100% get a character. 28800 genesis crystals wich in total costs 405 euro (ignoring crystal bonuses). But it has a bit higher rate to obtain it.

So yeah a clone is half cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

I only use my traveler for puzzles Its kinda a waste to build, but maybe dendro will be a good idea for renosance.
    Well I'm f2p and early on, so I see the traveler as a fun rp- like character. I'm determined to build them as I go and I'm not too worried about waste. I don't have much interest in most of the cast, so I'm set. The new ones coming are an 'eh' atm. I probably need to see them to care. I didn't like Zhongli until I interacted with him, now I I'm going to save for when his banner comes!

10+ Year Old Account

Getting teleport points asap is a good idea though. Saves a lot of time later when you gotta warp around for quests, and just as importantly, daily commissions.

Main thing about the traveler is you're probably gonna switch around their element when your party and character choices change. So you might start him as anemo, but you get Sucrose and Heizou and all of a sudden you're good. So you switch to geo, and now you need a different artifact set, level new talents, and potentially new weapon. Collecting all the anemoculus and geoculus will require you to switch between the two as well. That said, I do like the electro traveler. Comes out as a poor man's Raiden, giving out energy to your team and giving you a slower electro attack on your characters' attacks.

Well I'm f2p and early on, so I see the traveler as a fun rp- like character. I'm determined to build them as I go and I'm not too worried about waste. I don't have much interest in most of the cast, so I'm set. The new ones coming are an 'eh' atm. I probably need to see them to care. I didn't like Zhongli until I interacted with him, now I I'm going to save for when his banner comes!
    IMHO there is no "waste" if you aren't a min/maxer.
    As long as you support a character with an OK squad for reactions/healing you should be able to play the game just fine with any on-field main (including Aether... well perhaps not Barbara).

At your level i wouldn't care too much about the artifacts or the meta use of characters older players will info-dump at you.
    As long you have a high enough world-level to not be excluded from events, or the next quest, there is literally no rush in leveling it up.

Since the daily artifact grind at max level is so tedious i'm nowadays just focusing on getting at least 1-2 characters ascended/leveled/talented a month. It helps against the burnout you get from just farming artifacts.
    Is it a waste of resin for min/max-ers? Yes
    Is it a waste for me? No, i'm keeping my game-loop diverse and "fresh".
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2022-08-12 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    As long as you support a character with an OK squad for reactions/healing you should be able to play the game just fine with any on-field main (including Aether... well perhaps not Barbara).

At your level i wouldn't care too much about the artifacts or the meta use of characters older players will info-dump at you.
    As long you have a high enough world-level to not be excluded from events, or the next quest, there is literally no rush in leveling it up.

Since the daily artifact grind at max level is so tedious i'm nowadays just focusing on getting at least 1-2 characters ascended/leveled/talented a month. It helps against the burnout you get from just farming artifacts.
    Pretty sure on-field Barbara is better than on-field Aether; you can use her as a semi-decent driver for an EC comp, like a wish.com Kokomi.
    Otherwise, while I agree that min-maxing is unnecessary; especially for a new F2P player, I'd argue that it's at least to some extent advised.

Talking about Rozz, if they're planning on building Aether, then "wasting" a 5-star pity for Zhongli, you know that'll set them back a considerable amount when clearing the Abyss is concerned.
    Which is otherwise especially important for F2P players, as it's an extra ~8 pulls every month.

It's still fine, but I'd advise managing the rest of your resources to build the classic beefy 4-stars that can basically carry a team from the backline. Without knowing your account, Bennett, Xingqiu, Beidou or Sucrose are kinda up to RNG, but Fischl and Xiangling are still guaranteed AFAIK, so those are great to start with.
    This way you can have a nice balance between strong characters while still being able to fit in comfort or flavour picks like Zhongli or Aether.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Main thing about the traveler is you're probably gonna switch around their element when your party and character choices change. So you might start him as anemo, but you get Sucrose and Heizou and all of a sudden you're good. So you switch to geo, and now you need a different artifact set, level new talents, and potentially new weapon. Collecting all the anemoculus and geoculus will require you to switch between the two as well. That said, I do like the electro traveler. Comes out as a poor man's Raiden, giving out energy to your team and giving you a slower electro attack on your characters' attacks.
    I still can't get over the fact each MC's element has to be levelled separately. Like, MC is pretty terrible anyway and 95% of people won't use them in any setup, being able to swap around with no additional expenses would at least make them possible to use if you wanted to larp around. As it is, it's a waste of resources under any circumstances unless you're a pure F2P fresh player, but even then you're probably able to get 4*s from free wishes and events that will outperform the MC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Getting teleport points asap is a good idea though. Saves a lot of time later when you gotta warp around for quests, and just as importantly, daily commissions.

Really? I haven't found a need to switch my traveler to geo yet, since I have Ning and still no decent anemo replacement. I got every 4 star on Kazuhas banner but anything related to anemo lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post

For me this is the most important thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    Pretty sure on-field Barbara is better than on-field Aether; you can use her as a semi-decent driver for an EC comp, like a wish.com Kokomi.
    Otherwise, while I agree that min-maxing is unnecessary; especially for a new F2P player, I'd argue that it's at least to some extent advised.

Talking about Rozz, if they're planning on building Aether, then "wasting" a 5-star pity for Zhongli, you know that'll set them back a considerable amount when clearing the Abyss is concerned.
    Which is otherwise especially important for F2P players, as it's an extra ~8 pulls every month.

It's still fine, but I'd advise managing the rest of your resources to build the classic beefy 4-stars that can basically carry a team from the backline. Without knowing your account, Bennett, Xingqiu, Beidou or Sucrose are kinda up to RNG, but Fischl and Xiangling are still guaranteed AFAIK, so those are great to start with.
    This way you can have a nice balance between strong characters while still being able to fit in comfort or flavour picks like Zhongli or Aether.
    People here already pointed me to resources, so I'll worry about that when I actually get characters I plan on playing. I'd rather work extra to make the ones I like competent than sit here and play characters I dont like because they make certain aspects of gameplay faster.

People here already pointed me to resources, so I'll worry about that when I actually get characters I plan on playing. I'd rather work extra to make the ones I like competent than sit here and play characters I dont like because they make certain aspects of gameplay faster.
    You do you, just bear in mind that:
    1.) "extra work" sounds nice, but on the one hand it's resin-gated, and on the other hand, hyperinvesting into bad characters and farming up the sickest artifact set for them will only take them so far regardless.
    2.) you don't really make content (36-starring the Abyss, specifically) faster, you make it possible. As much as people love to say that "every character is viable," I'd take it with the pretty big caveat that they usually mean one or two characters, with teams built around them tailored to their needs, to make up for their weaknesses.
    Building Barbara, Sayu, Aether, Thoma, Qiqi, or whoever you like is perfectly doable, but putting together a hodgepodge of 4 characters with no synergy is going to make your life pretty miserable in abyss. Domains don't matter too much, since you can just use your favourite dude and matchmake with others to do them in a team.

All that said, I myself don't play characters I don't like either, so I definitely wouldn't advise anyone to do it.
    + It's definitely only a consideration towards the endgame, when you approach lvl70-ish, and world level 5? (I don't know what the max world level is nowadays)

1.) "extra work" sounds nice, but on the one hand it's resin-gated, and on the other hand, hyperinvesting into bad characters and farming up the sickest artifact set for them will only take them so far regardless.
    2.) you don't really make content (36-starring the Abyss, specifically) faster, you make it possible. As much as people love to say that "every character is viable," I'd take it with the pretty big caveat that they usually mean one or two characters, with teams built around them tailored to their needs, to make up for their weaknesses.
    Building Barbara, Sayu, Aether, Thoma, Qiqi, or whoever you like is perfectly doable, but putting together a hodgepodge of 4 characters with no synergy is going to make your life pretty miserable in abyss. Domains don't matter too much, since you can just use your favourite dude and matchmake with others to do them in a team.
    None of this is really true, though.

No character is so bad that they won't be slapping things with good artifacts and a decent team composition. You can build DPS Qiqi if you really wanted to and she actually beats the crap out of things. She's just not really designed for it so others will be better, but you get the point.

As for abyss being "possible", again you're not gated by "bad characters" here. Yeah, you might need certain elements/combos to deal with some of the gimmicks, but you're not gated out of abyss just because you invested in non-meta characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    None of this is really true, though.

No character is so bad that they won't be slapping things with good artifacts and a decent team composition. You can build DPS Qiqi if you really wanted to and she actually beats the crap out of things. She's just not really designed for it so others will be better, but you get the point.

As for abyss being "possible", again you're not gated by "bad characters" here. Yeah, you might need certain elements/combos to deal with some of the gimmicks, but you're not gated out of abyss just because you invested in non-meta characters.
    IDK what you're on about, that's exactly what I said.
    Decent teams built around "bad" characters work fine, slapping together 3-4 bad characters with no synergy doesn't.
    (I play Qiqi in a Eula comp, and while most people don't even like her as a healer over Diona, she does 30k ticks with her artifact set and a fuckton of healing. She just doesn't generate energy, which is why she needs a comp that solves that, and a Sac sword to fix her E uptime, etc. etc.)

As for your second point: if you're an F2P player on a new account with limited resources (which is what we're talking about), you can absolutely gate the hell out of yourself from abyss for months by spending all of your initial resources on a bunch of bad picks.
    Because, like you said, you might need certain elements/combos, especially if you can't just bruteforce the whole thing with a national team, for example.

The biggest saving grace is that floors 9 & 10 are very easy, so it's not like anyone will lose out on the full primogem haul by not being able to 36-star. Which is why I've also said that they decide how important ~8 free wishes per month are for them. I can see people who don't care too much about character power to also not care about pulling, but who knows.

5+ Year Old Account

All that said, I myself don't play characters I don't like either, so I definitely wouldn't advise anyone to do it.
    + It's definitely only a consideration towards the endgame, when you approach lvl70-ish, and world level 5? (I don't know what the max world level is nowadays)
    That's why I said it doesn't effect me just yet. The way I'm playing, it'll take me a while to get to the end game anyways. By the time I do, I'll have more to pick from to expends my efforts on.

It's not that I disagree, it's just that I'm not there yet to care when the best I have are some 4 stars you can build to a decent spot when you're further along than I am. I'm just going to hoard my resources until I get some neat peeps and then I'll build and etc. Until then, for the basic play I'm doing Aether and my baby gang are good enough. Aether is practically a trophy boy anyways. I know he's 'bad' but there is something satisfying about not giving up on him

That's why I said it doesn't effect me just yet. The way I'm playing, it'll take me a while to get to the end game anyways. By the time I do, I'll have more to pick from to expends my efforts on.

It's not that I disagree, it's just that I'm not there yet to care when the best I have are some 4 stars you can build to a decent spot when you're further along than I am. I'm just going to hoard my resources until I get some neat peeps and then I'll build and etc. Until then, for the basic play I'm doing Aether and my baby gang are good enough. Aether is practically a trophy boy anyways. I know he's 'bad' but there is something satisfying about not giving up on him
    Yeah completely understandable. As far as I remember, I was sitting on a ton of consumable resin by the time I got to the "endgame" as well, because I kept saving them until I could do artifact domains that rewarded yellow artifacts; you'll probably end up the same way.
    You can spend the resin you have to spend (i. e. the non-consumable one) on gold & XP book leylines in the meantime, or world bosses are usually worth it too.
    As for Aether, he already has uses (while not THE BEST), but like someone (I can't remember) mentioned, he could become much more sought after in the new region while we have a limited amount of dendro characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah completely understandable. As far as I remember, I was sitting on a ton of consumable resin by the time I got to the "endgame" as well, because I kept saving them until I could do artifact domains that rewarded yellow artifacts; you'll probably end up the same way.
    You can spend the resin you have to spend (i. e. the non-consumable one) on gold & XP book leylines in the meantime, or world bosses are usually worth it too.
    As for Aether, he already has uses (while not THE BEST), but like someone (I can't remember) mentioned, he could become much more sought after in the new region while we have a limited amount of dendro characters.
    Collei + traveler =
    Dendro resonance:
    1. +50 EM
    2. Upon triggering Burning/Catalyze/Bloom: nearby party members +30 EM for 6s
    3. Upon triggering Aggravate/Spread/Hyperbloom/Burgeon: nearby party members +20 EM for 6s

So for a total free to play and strong party you can run:
    Dendro traveler -- 2pc elemental mastery 2pc atk for now -- some energy rechange sword sounds like a good idea due to 80 energy cost on Q
    Collei -- 2x 15% atk artifacts till you get a decent dendro damage set
    Barbarabruh -- 3 star book for damage + clam set
    Xiangling or fischl --- depends on what reaction you have, but their standard sets should work:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pQFl1/pubhtml#

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Collei + traveler =
    Dendro resonance:
    1. +50 EM
    2. Upon triggering Burning/Catalyze/Bloom: nearby party members +30 EM for 6s
    3. Upon triggering Aggravate/Spread/Hyperbloom/Burgeon: nearby party members +20 EM for 6s

So for a total free to play and strong party you can run:
    Dendro traveler -- 2pc elemental mastery 2pc atk for now -- some energy rechange sword sounds like a good idea due to 80 energy cost on Q
    Collei -- 2x 15% atk artifacts till you get a decent dendro damage set
    Barbarabruh -- 3 star book for damage + clam set
    Xiangling or fischl --- depends on what reaction you have, but their standard sets should work:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pQFl1/pubhtml#
    I'd go Fischl for sure, her A4 passive seems insane with dendro.
    I also believe she's better than Xiangling with both of them at C0; Xiangling gets ahead at C4 for most (not all) comps.

IDK if I'd waste resin on farming clam set for Barbara though, if I was starting fresh; that domain feels giga useless compared to something like ESF or even VV/TF until you have a decent set of those. I guess having just 4 clam pieces with whatever rolls is fine for a day or two's worth of resin, but she's fine with just random pieces to drive reactions/heal as well. Bringing TTDS is more value than her own personal damage anyway