Thread: Genshin Impact

Is Jean any good? Just lost my 50/50 for komoki after being deep into pity

Feelsbadman

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Is Jean any good? Just lost my 50/50 for komoki after being deep into pity

Feelsbadman
    She's not bad. Her healing is on par with Kokomi, but she's not great at swirling, so she can't really replace any anemo sub. She's very good for beginners and in exploration, though, you can yeet mobs around for more damage than you may be doing with your actual DPS characters. Has very thicc behind, which is a metric as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Oh boy, yet another side-game I'd have to spend hundreds of hours to get the actual fun experience out of like the serenitea pot. So hyped...

I'm fine with them adding side-activities, but they also need to not require as much or more time than the actual main game itself to get fulfillment out of. However the card game shakes out, just let me either toss mora at it to circumvent the grind or just have no grind at all and let it be free play like using unlimited money code in the sims or something.
    Oh boy. I have to play the game. oof...

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    She's not bad. Her healing is on par with Kokomi, but she's not great at swirling, so she can't really replace any anemo sub. She's very good for beginners and in exploration, though, you can yeet mobs around for more damage than you may be doing with your actual DPS characters. Has very thicc behind, which is a metric as well.
    Haha cheers. Thinking she might be better than c6 diona. I'm running tighnari as main dps/dendro apply/c5 fischl/c4 sucrose/ c6 diona. So she would be replacing c6 diona

Haha cheers. Thinking she might be better than c6 diona. I'm running tighnari as main dps/dendro apply/c5 fischl/c4 sucrose/ c6 diona. So she would be replacing c6 diona
    Jean is probably better than Diona in this team, having Diona is actually hampering you because she WILL be removing electro from mobs with both her shield and ult, and without electro your Tighnari does less damage (unless you just pop the shield before a fight and don't have to use ult, then it doesn't matter). Dori would probably be ideal, Kuki would be fine, you could also just use Barbara for heals without investing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Jean is probably better than Diona in this team, having Diona is actually hampering you because she WILL be removing electro from mobs with both her shield and ult, and without electro your Tighnari does less damage (unless you just pop the shield before a fight and don't have to use ult, then it doesn't matter). Dori would probably be ideal, Kuki would be fine, you could also just use Barbara for heals without investing much.
    Ohok, I mostly just had diona for heal factor in dungeons because i have favorius warbow and being c6 I thought the ele mastery buff might be nice. But interesting to hear her shield is cancelling out electro, as fischl is by far most of my damage combined with tighnari's charged attack.

I have c0 kuki and barbara also
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-09-23 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Oh boy. I have to play the game. oof...
    No, playing the game would be having access to the exact deck I want so I can use it to play the activity. What you're describing is having to do work to be able to play the game. Something genshin already has an over-abundance of.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    No, playing the game would be having access to the exact deck I want so I can use it to play the activity. What you're describing is having to do work to be able to play the game. Something genshin already has an over-abundance of.
    You literally just described every game ever. Wanna catch the legendary in pokemon? Gotta go through the story first. Want certain gear in WoW? Gotta get through the levels and raid first. Genshin is no different. Its a game. Not everything you want is available right at the start. If it was, what motivation is there to play or see if you even like it? People would just get the most OP thing at the start, plow through all content and then be like "well, this is boring".
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    You literally just described every game ever.
    No, not even by a long shot.

Have people been so indoctrinated by grinds and gating that they forgot how many games are just about loading it up and playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post

Have people been so indoctrinated by grinds and gating that they forgot how many games are just about loading it up and playing?
    I've played games since I was a kid. Even the classic Megaman games and Meteroid games had some form of progression and gating. Genshin isn't odd in that sense. As for a debate as to if any game will hand you Everything right away exists, well, thats for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post

It's not "every" game, but card games? Collecting cards is at least half of the gameplay. Gotta make the players chase the bunny. Especially when that card game is just a minigame within another. Imagine getting all Gwent cards in Witcher 3 right in the prologue, who would ever play Gwent then without other incentives? And it's very likely to be the same in Genshin. I just hope they implement it better than fishing, since it's really damn bad. Fishing gameplay itself isn't bad, but the rewards and the progression are just the dumbest ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    No codes from this stream:

Mostly just chinese shitpost i would say.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Reckon they are gonna make cyno a bit OP so you can get a power creep going with new 5 stars? Plus the fact its a cool model/lore character so more people will want it

Reckon they are gonna make cyno a bit OP so you can get a power creep going with new 5 stars? Plus the fact its a cool model/lore character so more people will want it
    5.1 5 stars are easy pass up to Dendro Archon for me and I really wish I didn't have to spend on her because I hate Loli's but Archons are meta defining and she's going to be the key to unlocking Dendro comps.

Cyno is an especially easy pass for me since I have C3 Mistsplitter Keqing with cracked artifacts and I wouldn't go hard on Cyno untill I know how many Constellations Dendro Archon needs.

As a new player I'd skip Nilou and Cyno, you won't be getting much out of them without very specific team comps and they won't unlock any teams for you.

He's not op at c0, so no powercreep there. As for powercreep with cons, it's happened before already. Eula, Yae Miko, Yelan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    5.1 5 stars are easy pass up to Dendro Archon for me and I really wish I didn't have to spend on her because I hate Loli's but Archons are meta defining and she's going to be the key to unlocking Dendro comps.

Cyno is an especially easy pass for me since I have C3 Mistsplitter Keqing with cracked artifacts and I wouldn't go hard on Cyno untill I know how many Constellations Dendro Archon needs.

As a new player I'd skip Nilou and Cyno, you won't be getting much out of them without very specific team comps and they won't unlock any teams for you.
    Technically Nilou opens up a new comp, just not yet cuz there's no options as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Technically Nilou opens up a new comp, just not yet cuz there's no options as of now.
    Yeah she does I guess, it's just it's Hydro/Dendro and I think the best comp at her release needs Xingqiu or Yelan which is always bad alongside a Hydro healer and either Collei or Dendro Traveller....it's narrow. I'd imagine it's pretty strong though so if you don't need a Vape team for your Abyss clears it's viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some new info gogle translated:
    3.2 Kusami
    3.3 Scaramash
    3.4 Sea Lantern Festival + No Nova 5 Characters
    3.5Disia

(Yo-yo is 4 stars, so it may be implemented in 3.4)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

So Tighnari going into standard banner?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Some new info gogle translated:
    3.2 Kusami
    3.3 Scaramash
    3.4 Sea Lantern Festival + No Nova 5 Characters
    3.5Disia

(Yo-yo is 4 stars, so it may be implemented in 3.4)
    LOL these translations man. Kusami and scaramash. Sounds like bad sushi.

"Yes, I'll have the ribeye, medium rare. And the scaramash potatoes, yes."