Poll: who

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Champion is a cop-out answer, because WoW has never been a game where you can permanently die as a PC.

I'd actually say Nathanos myself, out of those.

Anduin hasn't really been in that many situations where he probably should have died, and yet Deus Ex Machina and/or Plot Armour (i.e. NPCs making completely irrational decisions that stop him dying) have saved him. I mean, he's been in a few, but I'm not sure it's any more than a bunch of random NPCs who are still alive. Until he's been in serious danger a lot more often he's not going to be really justifiable.

Sylvanas you can make a better case for, but there are generally specific, lore-justifiable, and sense-making reasons for her survival, rather than just Deus Ex Machinas or irrational NPC decisions. Plus she's actually died what, at least twice? That's pretty flimsy plot armour. She's come back for specific reasons. She also has pretty well-established massive powers which are going to make her a lot harder to properly kill than other people. If we actually look as Deus Ex Machinas and so on, I suspect Thrall is a much worse offender than she is. But he's well-liked, and Sylvanas is fucking jerk, so people ignore that and vote against the jerk. Which is understandable but I think inaccurate.

Whereas Nathanos keeps getting into ridiculous, incredibly deadly situations, where the smart, reasonable thing to do, would be for people to kill him. Except they don't, or they were going to be some kind of unlikely event or Deus Ex Machina saves him. And it keeps happening. And he does NOT have massive magical powers that would make him all that hard to kill. So to me, relatively speaking, his Plot Armour is much thicker than Anduin or Sylv. Though maybe his run will end soon.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say us, the Champion, but then I realized we have technically died a lot over the years. Would that count though since we just come back to life again?

I'd say Thrall right now has the most plot armor. There have been many times where Thrall was beaten to the ground but nothing ever really happened to him. Not that I want him to die or anything but cmon. I'd be very surprised and probably sad if he were to die sometime in the near future either in SL or the next expansion. I just don't see them killing him off.

Since Thrall wasn't on the list I'll go with Anduin because I think that he's going to end up being like the main character of WoW. It's already starting to seem like the game is revolving around him.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

thrall s balls.

Thrall.

Green jesus, weak and useless, but is still some kind of immortal god.
    Boring, so boring. I wish they would just kill him off already...

And Anduin a close second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Easy - Anduin. We know that he gets old and is still considered King.

I know that this is supposed to be a "possible future" for him, but since this comic is published through official WoW website, I think we can consider it as canon. No character in the game currently has anything even remotely close in terms of plot armor.
    Edit: Velen is in the same comic. So I guess he too is plot armored to the max.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2020-10-30 at 04:00 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    -snip-
    well Velen is pretty chill and does almost nothing in terms of faction conflict; he's good
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I think Anduin is going to age much during this expansion, and the old man we saw on that short is for next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    I think Anduin is going to age much during this expansion, and the old man we saw on that short is for next xpac.
    Ugh no. I don't want Anduin to go from teenager to grandpa and skip all manhood. I really hope that is just speculation. Also I remember reading to not take the time skip so literal. I think Anduin has been going at a normal pretty fast pace throughout the duration of the game. Personally a little time skip wouldn't bother me.. but not as drastic as you are saying. Either one is fine. I want like FF15 ending with Anduin they better not skip that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Ugh no. I don't want Anduin to go from teenager to grandpa and skip all manhood. I really hope that is just speculation. Also I remember reading to not take the time skip so literal. I think Anduin has been going at a normal pretty fast pace throughout the duration of the game. Personally a little time skip wouldn't bother me.. but not as drastic as you are saying. Either one is fine. I want like FF15 ending with Anduin they better not skip that part.
    I didn't say a time skip, shadowlands will age him somehow.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    That's because, you know, you can't kill the player unless its the end of the game. That is just not how gaming works.
    I mean they shouldn't have added the PC to the poll clearly but from an objective standpoint we have the most plot armor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Thrall.

Green jesus, weak and useless, but is still some kind of immortal god.
    Boring, so boring. I wish they would just kill him off already...

And Anduin a close second.
    Raised as a gladiator and incredibly gifted in shamanism = "weak and useless"

Plot armor is dependent on expansion.
    And any death of a major character is revocable if it serves a future expansion and a shitty storyline.

Sorry I just fully hated the whole Illidan redemptive arc. It was pathetically written and...gah..worthy of WoD level of shame.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Chromie, period. Character will never die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of right now it is 100% Sylvanas. They keep giving her literal plot armor to explain how she is getting so powerful. She went from a decently powerful banshee to someone who is likely more powerful than most enemies we have faced outside of the old gods and Argus. And even then I genuinely feel like they would find a way to make her somehow on the same level as a titan or something because of the Jailer's power.

Nathanos is a close second for me basically because of the above lol. He somehow survived a fight with Malfurion and Tyrande because reasons. He was literally just a dude that got raised and now he has Sylvanas likely pumping him up with the same shit she is getting from the Jailer just not to the same degree.

Definitely Anduin. I cannot think of any interesting character that could replace him on the throne.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos, because all of the others are champions of their race and considered the top of the line in some regard. Nathanos is just a Survival Hunter who could've been taken down by Shandris, but he survives bouts he shouldn't like the PC.

You have powerful characters who have some weird moments but are meant to be the best of their race/class combo. Then Nathanos who somehow keeps up with them, so I'd have to give it to him.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I think most characters that will leave a hole in the story if they die have some kind of plot armor. Characters like Anduin, for example, are still kind of in the middle of their story arc so I don't think he will die soon. Maybe he will go through some kind of change, but no death in sight. I think it's also the case for Tyrande, and the Night Elves lost enough for now. I think there are a lot of storylines left for her and Malfurion. Their arc in BFA was kind of amazing and tries to bring back the more savage side of the Night Elves into the story.

On the opposite side of things, even if I don't want to think about it, I'm sure that characters like Khadgar (maybe my favorite character of the franchise) is the perfect candidate to a tragic ending in upcoming events. He had a lot of story development over the course of the last few expansions and is appreciated enough by the player base to have his death mean something (and be received positively). I'm sure it's more or less the same with Magni or Velen, who have been, like Khadgar, more on the neutral side of things even if they were Alliance at first. I'm pretty sure most players will be impacted by their death but not outraged at all by it.

I'm not sure why Nathanos is on the poll list, because he's clearly not on the same level as these other characters and a lot of the "big players" missing from this list. Contrary to most people, I kind of like Nathanos as a character (maybe because I have a lot of Forsaken toons) and I think he's one of the view characters original (meaning "different from the rest of the cast") enough to actually divide the playerbase. I think it's kind of cool ! But in the end I'm sure his days are numbered because is the character the more closely tied to Sylvanas' fate.

As for Sylvanas, I don't think she has any kind of plot armor and the drastic changes in her story arc shows that, in my opinion. They decided to put her definitively on the "bad guys side", and there is no coming back from that. If Shadowlands is not her end, she will probably disappear from the story in one way or the other. Too much of the current storyline and characters arc are tied to her actions (Anduin, Tyrande, Genn, etc). If Blizzard wants to move on with the story and explore new characters and parts of the lore, they need to close that chapter.

I think other characters not mentionned in the poll like Baine, Thrall... Well, most of the Horde council actually have a pretty good plot armor as they are almost the only "main" character from their respective races. Blizzard didn't really managed to created a really diverse cast of characters in each faction for them to quickly discard some of them if they want to.

Med'an clearly. He has so much plot armor they won't even let him show his face until its his time to shine, probably with Medivh in tow.

3+ Year Old Account
    Jaina, Anduin, Sylvanas, Thrall and maybe... the PC lol

If only Rastakhan did....
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Main character doesn't count since they are not really a character. The story of WoW isn't about the player adventurer; it's about characters like Thrall and Varian and Garrosh and Anduin and Sylvanas. The player adventurer is hardly ever mentioned in the novels or the short stories.

We know from the Legion comic that Anduin is going to survive until he is an old man for the final war against the Light, but that's not really plot armor. Anduin has been put into few situations where he should have reasonably died.

Meanwhile, Sylvanas inexplicably manages to win against the Lich King. You know, the guy who one shotted a full 25 man raid of Azeroth's strongest warriors?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Sylvanas inexplicably manages to win against the Lich King. You know, the guy who one shotted a full 25 man raid of Azeroth's strongest warriors?
    Well, Bolvar is arguably far less powerful than Arthas/Ner'zhul, since he had neither Frostmourne nor the entire Plate of the Damned set, just the helm (btw, wtf happened with the rest of Arthas' armour? He's still wearing it as he dies in WotLK). But the point still remains, she's ridiculously OP just because she's Danuser's waifu.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.