Poll: who

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Sylvanas. Like how is it even a question?

And I'm not just talking about "gets into a scrap and comes out miraculously unharmed," I mean "does something colossally stupid that should upend the horde's relation with critical allies and faces absolutely zero repercussions for it."

Cenarion circle? Completely mum on the burning of a world tree. Unleashing the blight? The argent crusade have no opinion. Stealing away Kolitira deathweaver for years of torture? Knights of the Ebon blade will get around to freeing him and then just let bygones be bygones. Attempting to enslave the queen of the val'kyr using an artifact obtained by making a deal with the mortal enemy of the valarjar? Odyn can't be bothered to remember that happened.

And don't give me that edgy "She's so STRONG and FIERCE that they just HAVE to let her do those things!" answer; it's patently hole-filled writing.

Let's also not forget that she's died three fucking times. How many times does a character get to be brought back from the dead before it becomes stupid?

And through ALL of this... all of her losses, all of her barely-scraped together victories because some deus-ex machina came through for her in the end... she's still the same insufferably smarmy bint of a character to boot. No character growth. No development. No characterization beyond "well you see, she's scheming to some unknown end."

No other characters come remotely close.
    /sign
    if we dont count the player character (bc that isnt even plot armor, its the very nature of the world/game) then theres nothing to add here
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    1) Anduin.

2) Jaina.

3) Sylvanas.

4) Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Anduin. The fact that he even considers him an Alliance Leader is already a lot of plot armor.
    Nobody can argue with him and nobody can look at him badly.

At least Sylvanas can be insulted.

The champion for gameplay reasons, though sometimes the game likes to know that you can be toyed around with unlike some of these other characters (despite that you saved the world from big baddies like... 5 times by now? 10? 20? I honestly lost count).

Sylvanas is Blizzards marketing tool and has a dedicated fanbase. I'd actually be legit afraid to kill her off as a writer because some of her fans could sneak up on me at any point. Anduin has already been called by Christie to be her golden boy, and if the comic is canon then we can expect him to live long enough to be the next Tirion. So I can definately see why these 3 are the most voted options.

Still think Thrall has way more plot armor. His own people didn't even flinch at the thought of making Garrosh the next warchief, who almost ended up killing everyone. The guy should have been on trial and put in jail or even executed, but I guess having killed Deathwing just makes us forgive him.

Khadgar since he went from

to

With no explanation in-game why he is a badass with a personality now lol.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Anduin.

He went from a completely pathetic melee fighter who was crippled to able to somehow beat Orc warriors by swinging his sword like a 5 year old with a pinata stick.

Also all the Alliance leadership which is largely unchanged since Warcraft 2.
    Is it not possible to train in martial combat? Not to mention he's basically a paladin as of the BFA cinematic, so considering he's blessed by the Light it makes as much sense as Arthas' capability, who was just a human with a powerful connection to the Light. The only reason he was a better fighter was because of his training.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The champion for gameplay reasons, though sometimes the game likes to know that you can be toyed around with unlike some of these other characters (despite that you saved the world from big baddies like... 5 times by now? 10? 20? I honestly lost count).

Sylvanas is Blizzards marketing tool and has a dedicated fanbase. I'd actually be legit afraid to kill her off as a writer because some of her fans could sneak up on me at any point. Anduin has already been called by Christie to be her golden boy, and if the comic is canon then we can expect him to live long enough to be the next Tirion. So I can definately see why these 3 are the most voted options.

Still think Thrall has way more plot armor. His own people didn't even flinch at the thought of making Garrosh the next warchief, who almost ended up killing everyone. The guy should have been on trial and put in jail or even executed, but I guess having killed Deathwing just makes us forgive him.
    Saving the entire planet could change peoples' perception of you. Not to mention, the greater Horde doesn't blame Thrall for Garrosh's actions, that would be unfair. How was Thrall supposed to know the son of his late brother-in-arms was going to be corrupted by the Sha? Something that nobody outside of Pandaria even knew the existence of until it was basically too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not on the list. But Illidan. He LITERALLY came back from the dead. And now fights a Titan for all eternity.
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lul? the only reason because sylvanas could use nathanos' nephew was because some argent crusaders started to murder forsakens and the boy was one of them.
    I thought Stefon was an isolated case? the Argent Lordaeronians were pretty chill with Forsaken like with Leonid and Judkins
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Princess Anduin

Overlord Geya'rah

You could argue that the entire storyarc of Warchief Sylvanas exists to teach Geya'rah that being a warchief means having strength and honor. She stood with Sylvanas until she fled, then changed alliances to Saurfang and was like "Oh, am I wiser for this!" and then everyone put her on the Horde council.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Sylvanas. Like how is it even a question?

And I'm not just talking about "gets into a scrap and comes out miraculously unharmed," I mean "does something colossally stupid that should upend the horde's relation with critical allies and faces absolutely zero repercussions for it."

Cenarion circle? Completely mum on the burning of a world tree. Unleashing the blight? The argent crusade have no opinion. Stealing away Kolitira deathweaver for years of torture? Knights of the Ebon blade will get around to freeing him and then just let bygones be bygones. Attempting to enslave the queen of the val'kyr using an artifact obtained by making a deal with the mortal enemy of the valarjar? Odyn can't be bothered to remember that happened.

And don't give me that edgy "She's so STRONG and FIERCE that they just HAVE to let her do those things!" answer; it's patently hole-filled writing.

Let's also not forget that she's died three fucking times. How many times does a character get to be brought back from the dead before it becomes stupid?

And through ALL of this... all of her losses, all of her barely-scraped together victories because some deus-ex machina came through for her in the end... she's still the same insufferably smarmy bint of a character to boot. No character growth. No development. No characterization beyond "well you see, she's scheming to some unknown end."

No other characters come remotely close.
    And this is just counting the recent retardation. We've always been TOLD she's a genius, but what we're SHOWN is a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    And this is just counting the recent retardation. We've always been TOLD she's a genius, but what we're SHOWN is a moron.
    It's a relatively common trope, it even has its own name: Anti Sue. If you mix it up with Villain Sue, you have Sylvie
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Anduin and popular WC3 characters like Thrall, Jaina, Tyrande, Malfurion and Sylvanas. They are basically mascots of this setting. Others are pretty much expendable. Just look at what they did with WC2 Horde characters. And don't worry, WC2 Alliance characters are next. They've already painted a huge target on Turalyon's head.

Quote Originally Posted by CrenVerdis View Post
    Not on the list. But Illidan. He LITERALLY came back from the dead. And now fights a Titan for all eternity.
    Yeah, Illidan should have been on the list.

I mean what does plot armor even mean? To be protected from death by the authors because they want that person to continue to be around for the story?

But the story is 100% determined by the authors. They'll kill off characters whenever it fits the story they have in mind.

So by that logic every character is wearing plot armor. They'll die whenever the authors deem it appropriate.

Jaina, but seeing how she isn't on the list, then I'd have to go with Sy*vanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    By rote of the game's design, the PC has the most plot armor.

In terms of lore characters without taking game mechanics into account, it would either be Sylvanas or Anduin. Nathanos was in the running for that stunt in Darkshore but he's about to be minced in the prepatch event, which automatically removes him from the competition. Poor guy can't even settle for the Bronze with us PCs on the field.

Anduin's plot armor hit its apex in Mists of Pandaria, but we still haven't really seen the upper end of Sylanas's. Every time we see her in a fight she more and more effortlessly stomps her opponents, typically while monologuing about something you'd see written in an angsty teenager's Livejournal circa 2002. Even at Lordaeron, Anduin was a pretty shitty combatant who let everyone else do the heavy lifting before he swooped in to steal the kill on the Azerite tank, and who did much better at healing (dude, why tf are you trying to tank in Holy spec? This isn't Classic), and the one kill we absolutely, for-sure have to his name was just him gorilla-smashing a troll's shield with his sword, before Smiting on the last swing.

So I'd have to give Sylvanas top spot, tentatively, with the caveat that she may have to settle for Silver or Bronze depending on her fate at the end of Shadowlands. Death earns her the Silver or Bronze, becoming the Jailer grants her the gold medal and Anduin competes with us for second place.

Edit: If Sylvanas goes full-Kerrigan and somehow ends up a benevolent cosmic-scale character who was right all along, she gets the Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals all and she ends up with a unique Platinum medal commissioned just for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hedren View Post
    I mean what does plot armor even mean? To be protected from death by the authors because they want that person to continue to be around for the story?

But the story is 100% determined by the authors. They'll kill off characters whenever it fits the story they have in mind.

So by that logic every character is wearing plot armor. They'll die whenever the authors deem it appropriate.
    Plot armor is a little more intricate than that. Plot armor is when events and characters in the story warp around the necessity of keeping a character alive. For example, a villain who is established as cruel, ruthless, and who doesn't hesitate to throat-slit helpless captives comes up against another character, someone the author considers important to the plot. Suddenly, this ruthless murderer decides to give the character a fighting chance, which inevitably allows the character to escape or triumph.

That character was protected from death by plot armor, because his presence forced the villain to behave outside his previously-established characteristics for no discernable reason. There was no connection between the two, or any watershed moments that would give the villain cause to reconsider his behavior.

Alternately, this villain is well-established as a mighty warrior, but when up against the character equipped with plot armor, he becomes almost buffoonish in how incompetent he behaves in the fight, allowing the character to effortlessly steamroll him. In this event, the villain's established characteristics were thrust to the wayside in favor of giving the armored character an easy win.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-10-23 at 04:08 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Sylvanas or The Champion, but given how many people fail at basic mechanics i'm inclined to say that the champion only seems competent because we ignore the mountains of dead champions that are conveniently left out of the picture.

So yeah Sylvanas, mostly because Anduin boi rarely gets in much danger to begin with, by comparison at least.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I chose the champion for obvious reasons, really we are a militia with no real identity. Unless the game dies when the world explodes and it either shuts the servers down or we have to make new characters, they don't die.

The obvious choice would be Nozdormu but he's not up there. He has to follow his cycle to turn into Murozond with no sign of change any time soon. We may never see him actually change in our timeline, meaning he's alive indefinitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely the player, since we can run back and res from stuff that perma-kills NPCs.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.