Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Could it be that the prepatch events be overlapping with the release?

It might make sense as it will give the best of both worlds for release and prepatch events to give a little breathing room for returning players to catch up!.

Not a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I don't see that being the case. The build is release candidate, and has been for a few days. I'd thought this coming Tuesday, September 29th, could be a slim possibility, but the fact that there are realm connections scheduled that day makes it even slimmer, IMO. There's no real reason to believe it wouldn't be, say, October 6th, other than that we haven't technically been given a date yet. I suppose late arrival PvPers, people trying to squeeze in Curve, etc. might be upset, but if you see the level of "soon" they've been showing us and don't assume you've got maybe two weeks to get your affairs in order...well, that's on you.

Even at that date, I'll admit it's cutting it a bit close. Three weeks for a pre-patch doesn't seem like much, especially one with the first ever level squish, and such big changes to leveling. Still, if push comes to shove, there are only two weeks of event, as far as I know, so even if it got pushed back to October 13th, there still wouldn't really be overlap.

Now, does it feel like it could use some more time in the oven? In some areas, yes, but...that's kind of Shadowlands in general, right now. But for one reason or another, they've opted to stick with the release date they have, so all we can really do is watch, hope they do good work right down to the wire, and try to enjoy the good parts when it does launch.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect Khadgar forgetting what year it was caused a delay. It's just 1 extra week of bfa we'll be fine. Well 1 extra week of Among Us for most of my guild actually.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswish View Post
    I don't see that being the case. The build is release candidate, and has been for a few days.
    Bad news though: https://www.wowhead.com/news=318175/...test-candidate
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Event is really short, catch up gear is from vendor. Really event could easily last just two weeks and it won't be problem even for most busy people.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    nah that would be unprecedented. all we've seen on the PTR is a 2 week event so the very latest prepatch can hit is Oct 13. I am still putting my money on Oct 6 though

Just think for a second about the name "pre-patch" and what it means. Then you'll have your answer.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Just think for a second about the name "pre-patch" and what it means. Then you'll have your answer.
    The "pre-patch" of WoD is actually still going on till now btw ^^

Dropping the patch on the release date is the exact opposite of giving players breathing room.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    nah that would be unprecedented. all we've seen on the PTR is a 2 week event so the very latest prepatch can hit is Oct 13. I am still putting my money on Oct 6 though
    Same here. That is the last day of Brewfest and they don't have to worry about the level squish in the middle of it. One less thing they would have to worry about.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Same here. That is the last day of Brewfest and they don't have to worry about the level squish in the middle of it. One less thing they would have to worry about.
    PTR is fine with Brewfest right now with squish in place and all. if they want to play it safe, then oct 6, but not really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They don't have to worry about it because it all scales automatically anyway. The last thing they worry about with prepatch release they is how it would impact some dumbass event lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    With all thats going on, and it being 2020. heck, they could drop pre-patch on Wed just to be like "Its 2020.. enjoy" lol

It seems like they might still be working things out and don't want to commit to a date. And I think the Khadgar-hypothesis is reasonable as well.

Even 2 weeks is enough for pre patch .. it will get old within 1 week.

A lot of the prepatch event has been nerfed into the ground, so meh. You now have to opt into the scourge invasion, the Ghouls have been level capped to 16 and fall over dead if you look at them. No point really now
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    A lot of the prepatch event has been nerfed into the ground, so meh. You now have to opt into the scourge invasion, the Ghouls have been level capped to 16 and fall over dead if you look at them. No point really now
    you know "lot of the prepatch event" will take place far away, because most of it happens in icecrown ? the invasion is pretty useless for those hunting transmog and gear and lvl up; they will not spend that much time in SW/OG anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    And who in their right mind would choose pre-patch content over going straight to the Shadowlands?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    The "pre-patch" of WoD is actually still going on till now btw ^^
    Not all of it. The WoD pre-patch included parts of the intro quest line for the expansion. But the parts that were unique to the launch event are gone. https://www.wowhead.com/news=243610/...relaunch-event
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."