[Shadowlands Unholy DK] How's the leveling 50-60?

Hey.

Has any one done some DK questing on the beta?

How does DK feel like when playing?

Just wondering since the BFA launch 110-120 did not feel very good.

Power wise, Unholy is like all other specs of the game really, a godlike powerhouse slaying everything in its path. Leveling has become fairly easy in Retail.

Gameplay wise, I think Unholy is a really great spec to level with. With ranged pull abilities, baseline Epidemic + Festering Wounds bursting on an enemy death, the pacing is excellent and it is in my opinion really fun to see everything explode as soon as one mob dies.

I've been messing around with it on the PTR and it seems pretty awesome to me overall.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    The first 2 zones (bastion and maldraxxus) you are a literal immortal god. You can pull as much as you want and you will likely never die. Once you get to Adrenweld, you will notice that some mobs can hurt you pretty bad if you don't get out of aoe. Rivendeth is you may in fact die a few times if you pull too much. Once you hit this point 1-3 mobs are your max and you need to be careful. This is all assuming you do no dungeons and just run through with BFA gear / gear upgrades from quests.

Ohh. Nice. Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    The first 2 zones (bastion and maldraxxus) you are a literal immortal god. You can pull as much as you want and you will likely never die. Once you get to Adrenweld, you will notice that some mobs can hurt you pretty bad if you don't get out of aoe. Rivendeth is you may in fact die a few times if you pull too much. Once you hit this point 1-3 mobs are your max and you need to be careful. This is all assuming you do no dungeons and just run through with BFA gear / gear upgrades from quests.
    Please let this be true and if it is, please let it not get nerfed! It's just so weird and boring pulling so many mobs and mindlessly aoeing them down without even looking at your health bar because it never drops below 90% lol. This is what made levelling feel like a chore imo cause you don't even have to think about anything, just spam AoE until you're max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Please let this be true and if it is, please let it not get nerfed! It's just so weird and boring pulling so many mobs and mindlessly aoeing them down without even looking at your health bar because it never drops below 90% lol. This is what made levelling feel like a chore imo cause you don't even have to think about anything, just spam AoE until you're max level.
    Have you tried classic?

For some reason lvling just feels more fun there even if it’s extremly slow. I mean i rather level my hunter (Currently lvl 53 at over 96 hrs played) than do the allied chore race lvling ( even tho i can push one of those to 110 within 10hrs atm)

And i’ve died a few times on that alt due to patrols/overpulls. Classic is good fun.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-09-30 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Have you tried classic?

For some reason lvling just feels more fun there even if it’s extremly slow. I mean i rather level my hunter (Currently lvl 53 at over 96 hrs played) than do the allied chore race lvling ( even tho i can push one of those to 110 within 10hrs atm)

And i’ve died a few times on that alt due to patrols/overpulls. Classic is good fun.
    Yeah definitely. I loved Classic levelling, especially since I don't have to deal with 3k MS in this day and age Would really love for this to be in retail as well though I can understand why it won't happen and why others don't see it like I do since the "real" content in retail is at max level and players wanna get there as fast as possible