Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    Unless every single cop participates in bad conduct it's prejudice to judge cops based on what other cops have done. It's textbook case of prejudice.
    So if it's just a majority of cops that are bad and may kill you if you're the wrong skin colour...well it's wrong to judge them because hey... your life is worth less than the ego of a cop.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What a load of bull. Can't expect anything less from one who consistently posts on these forums with a holier than art thou attitude towards anyone that disagrees with you, readily labelling them whatever. Just because you say it don't make it true... just paints a sad picture of you though. Hard to take someone that habitually makes assumptions and believes said assumptions seriously with a straight face...
    FBI said it, DHS said it. DOJ said it. But i forget... trump supporters don't believe in pesky things like facts and science because they don't align with their worldview...

  2. #42
    I am Murloc! Thwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So if it's just a majority of cops that are bad and may kill you if you're the wrong skin colour...well it's wrong to judge them because hey... your life is worth less than the ego of a cop.

    - - - Updated - - -



    FBI said it, DHS said it. DOJ said it. But i forget... trump supporters don't believe in pesky things like facts and science because they don't align with their worldview...
    How many police/sheriff's departments are you referencing in your FBI report? Better be a lot to be making this broad statement as there are almost 18,000 police agencies in the US
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Whenever someone tries to use "common sense" in regards to legislation, it means someone else is about to have their freedoms taken away.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    FBI have reported that hate groups have infiltrated the police. FBI have updated over the years to say it is worse... and then "oh wait no actually it's a lot worse than we thought"... hate groups have for the last decade been getting more and more officers to join hate groups. Some departments according to a nazi whistleblower... where he was upwards of half the entire department was in a neo-nazi or white nationalist group One of the ways to arrest black people was to say they resisted and that was it. David Duke specifically also championed this effort and the reason was they could arrest the black people... and throw them away.

    The FBI and DHS noted this... we have videos of police officers working with hate gruops

    We have an entire sheriff department that has tons of members in a hate gang directly tied to murders with several of their members (3) under arrest and a few others being investigated. The FBI notes that these hate groups are the main threat to American life and that the departments across the nation are riddled with them and it has only been getting worse.

    Tolerance of the intolerant is a fucking bogus idea. Cops aren't a fucking protected group.

    - - - Updated - - -
    considering several sources of that information are also linking the okay sign or circle game sign as a legit white supremacist symbol, i'm going to say the articles aren't too trustworthy.

  4. #44
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    Why do you and elegiac continuously confirm you adhere to the same train of logic as daedius posted earlier in the thread?
    What's that? Fact based logic based on history and data? I know it is something the right wing hates... but that doesn't mean it is invalid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    considering several sources of that information are also linking the okay sign or circle game sign as a legit white supremacist symbol, i'm going to say the articles aren't too trustworthy.
    Was the bellamy salute always attributed to nazis? It's almost like... things can change and morph over time. See this is what not caring about history and pretending history doesn't exist gets you.

    It gets you saying silly things.

    Also sources of that information about police in hate groups comes from the fbi and dhs

  5. #45
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    The bolded isn't fact based logic.
    I literally refuted this by pointing out that crimes among races are virtually committed at the same rates when controlling for socio-economic status...or did you miss that? That points to race not being the factor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    How many police/sheriff's departments are you referencing in your FBI report? Better be a lot to be making this broad statement as there are almost 18,000 police agencies in the US
    Why? Are you wanting more of them in New Mexico? Tell me... do you care or are you worried about the number of civil rights investigations the FBI keeps doing in your state because your state keeps fucking up and deciding civil rights don't mean shit?

  6. #46
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    Is there something in the post you are unable to understand?
    It seems critical thinking has flown out the window... which is typical.

    The analogy he is using does not fly being that I can disprove the whole premise he is using to begin with.

    Being racist against black people because of crimes committed becomes moot when the rate is virtually the same for other races therefore judging all black people while ignoring say... white people (who are more likely to both use buy and sell drugs) is racist.

    However judging the entire justice system and policing... has reasons behind it.Reasons which have also been giving to us by the fucking DOJ itself who ran a study on this. REASON GIVEN TO US BY THE JUSTICE RESEARCH ARM OF THE GOVERNMENT that itself has delved into this. There is 100% an issue and a widespread issue..Do you think it is happenstance a latino is 6x more likely to be charged as an adult for say a simple assault while a white person isn't? When controlled for all factors there's only one that remains... and they did control...

    Is it hard for racists to admit they're racist? I don't get it... like is it they want to hate people but then justify their hatred? it's like some fucking weird stage of grief... shit shit tons of denial.

  7. #47
    I've never had a negative interaction with a police officer. Not in the United States and not in any of the 11 European countries where I have lived and worked over the years.

    But I'm a upper middle class white dude who can't fucking hide his fucking privilege no matter how hard God damned tried.

    But.... I can also count the number of interactions I've had with police that didn't involve traffic stops on 3 fingers.

    The very fact that cops simply leave me alone pretty much anywhere in the world, assuming I am a law abiding citizen is a privilege people of color don't get to enjoy.

    That's why saying something dumb like "millions of interactions with no incidents" is a meaningless fucking statement when you're average white guy gets stopped by the cops 4 times in his life the average person of color was stopped by the cops 4 times since last Tuesday.

    The degree of harassment specific groups of people are subjected to combined with the insane brutality law enforcement often exhibits, especially in the united states, and the total inability of law enforcement to self correct even in the smallest degree, makes the institution as a whole A PROBLEM.

    Not to Goodwin it, but it's a good analogy.

    While many if not most individual soldiers serving in the Wermacht were good people who just did their duty to their country, the institution itself was a genocidal murder machine directly and indirectly responsible for the death, maiming and displacement of hundreds of millions of people when all was said and done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Do you also think all blacks are criminals, all muslims are terrorists, etc...
    No, I'm not a cop and I'm not a Republican...

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral Raspberry Lemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I've never had a negative interaction with a police officer. Not in the United States and not in any of the 11 European countries where I have lived and worked over the years.

    But I'm a upper middle class white dude who can't fucking hide his fucking privilege no matter how hard God damned tried.
    that's not because you are white... i'm white... i have been stopped when family members visit from estonia... plates from a baltic country on a car... in rural place... must be burglars looking for empty houses... lol...

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Well yeah, ACAB this shouldn't be news to anyone.

    Cops are scums of the earth and so are people who won't wear masks, so are mom's.
    That looks like a nice bait, but... All cops of the world? Or the cops of USA?
    This is international forum after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  11. #51
    They aren't supporting him because HES BLACK AND SHES WHITE! If it was white officer and a black woman acting like this she'd have been fucking shot 1:30 in, and the Blue Lives Matter crew would be circling the wagons in defense of the cop. Make no fucking mistake, they are fucking racists.

    Also, did he set that taser to tickle? She kept fighting after the stun like it wasnt shit. Man if she was black she'd be so fucking dead right now.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2020-09-27 at 12:42 AM.

  12. #52
    Pro cop and not in shambles. The officer responded with appropriate force as they do 99.99999% of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    They aren't supporting him because HES BLACK AND SHES WHITE! If it was white officer and a black woman acting like this she'd have been fucking shot 1:30 in, and the Blue Lives Matter crew would be circling the wagons in defense of the cop. Make no fucking mistake, they are fucking racists.

    Also, did he set that taser to tickle? She kept fighting after the stun like it wasnt shit. Man if she was black she'd be so fucking dead right now.
    Lol no, stop.

  13. #53
    I am Murloc! Thwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I literally refuted this by pointing out that crimes among races are virtually committed at the same rates when controlling for socio-economic status...or did you miss that? That points to race not being the factor.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why? Are you wanting more of them in New Mexico? Tell me... do you care or are you worried about the number of civil rights investigations the FBI keeps doing in your state because your state keeps fucking up and deciding civil rights don't mean shit?
    Way to avoid the question....

    Your referencing Albuquerque and other northern cities where the state is deep deep blue so it's not too surprising to find corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Whenever someone tries to use "common sense" in regards to legislation, it means someone else is about to have their freedoms taken away.

  14. #54
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Way to avoid the question....

    Your referencing Albuquerque and other northern cities where the state is deep deep blue so it's not too surprising to find corruption.
    The cops being investigated are democrats? Sorry honey they’re your far right Trump supporting cops. Part of racist groups with union leaders who back trump.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    Why do you and elegiac continuously confirm you adhere to the same train of logic as daedius posted earlier in the thread?
    It was explained to you several times, why the statements are not the same. But you choose to ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    If most cops were good people, the bad apples would get thrown out and put in jail. Not moved to a different city.
    Nope. Just takes the bad ones to be in the right places to protect the other bad ones. Ive met meany cops. They are generally good people.

    That said, tasering is the expected out come for resisting arrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Nope. Just takes the bad ones to be in the right places to protect the other bad ones. Ive met meany cops. They are generally good people.

    That said, tasering is the expected out come for resisting arrest.
    Do you think bad cops are always nnecessarily belligerent or incapable or being polite?
    Last edited by Josuke; 2020-09-27 at 06:09 AM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Do you think bad cops are always nnecessarily belligerent or incapable or being polite?
    Of course not. Anyone is capable of that. But, this is about someone getting tased who was resisting. Honestly, that should be the response we see more than them reaching for a gun
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Nope. Just takes the bad ones to be in the right places to protect the other bad ones. Ive met meany cops. They are generally good people.

    That said, tasering is the expected out come for resisting arrest.
    Except, that if a good cop reports a cop for being bad in America. The bad cop gets protected, and the good cop gets blackballed.
    See, Blue Wall of Silence. A high example of the problems with US Policing. And a thing that shouldn't exist in police departments anywhere in the world. Anywhere it exists it's a problem.
    In most US Police Departments it's just an extreme problem.
    Last edited by Muzjhath; 2020-09-27 at 10:49 AM.
    - Lars

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    No, all they did was insist it's not the same because reasons.
    I read what they said, and they did lol. Endus explained it even better on page 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •