Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Mother tased at football game, pro cop crowd in shambles

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...ng-a-mask.html

The #backtheblue #bluelivesmatter #thinblueline crowd arent supporting this police officer. Some people are calling him a security guard.

"The woman, Alecia Kitts, was watching her son’s game in the bleachers with her mother, who was also not wearing a mask, says The Marietta Times. The two were approached by the school’s assistant principal, Adam Twiss, to comply with the mandatory face coverings policy despite being outside and socially distanced. The officer was also called upon to intervene.

In the video recorded by fellow game-watchers, Kitts can be seen resisting the school resource officer’s attempt to handcuff her. In the midst of the struggle, the resource officer tasers her in the back, causing her to fall to the ground and finally be subdued."

These people are the first to congratulate the police when they shoot an unarmed man but now they are having a fit over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, ACAB this shouldn't be news to anyone.

Cops are scums of the earth and so are people who won't wear masks, so are mom's.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Well yeah, ACAB this shouldn't be news to anyone.

Cops are scums of the earth and so are people who won't wear masks,
    You shouldn't generalize cops like that, some of them are scum but the average cop is a normal good person.

so are mom's.
    wth? Moms are the best. They gave us life and keep civilization going, you should be more respectful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You shouldn't generalize cops like that, some of them are scum but the average cop is a normal good person.

wth? Moms are the best. They gave us life and keep civilization going, you should be more respectful.
    You're going to have a hard time convincing anybody good cops exist. Was joking about moms tho.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

If most cops were good people, the bad apples would get thrown out and put in jail. Not moved to a different city.
    - Lars

naww ACAB is right, All Communists Are Bastards!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Citation needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Millions of interactions without issue, few negative actions "all cops are bad"...

Do you also think all blacks are criminals, all muslims are terrorists, etc.. with that train of logic?

The MSM like to sensationalize things out of the ordinary... and idiots think it's all like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Millions of interactions without issue, few negative actions "all cops are bad"...

Do you also think all blacks are criminals, all muslims are terrorists, etc.. with that train of logic?
    Y'all really out here comparing a voluntary profession to whole ass demographics, huh? Rofl.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

The MSM like to sensationalize things out of the ordinary... and idiots think it's all like that...
    All interactions I've had with cops were bad except one that was sponsored by the city I live in.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    All interactions I've had with cops were bad except one that was sponsored by the city I live in.
    I've had plenty of good interactions with police also, just none of them have been American.

Issue must be you then... probably due to a "fuck the police" attitude.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Citation needed.
    People are innocent of being scum until proven guilty, so the onus is on you to prove that most of them are scum.

10+ Year Old Account

The issue isn't that there are more interactions that are executed properly.

It's that police unions and leaders and colleagues all unite to defend the bad cops, or to try and reduce liability down to a single scapegoat rather than all officers involved, even passively, in a bad stop.

If police abuse of force were aggressively prosecuted by DAs, and their entire force condemned them and forced those officers out and provided them little to no legal support or assistance, we could have a different discussion. Until we reach that point, every single officer who stood by and did nothing, every single superior officer who didn't take actions against a bad cop, every single member of a union that defends a bad cop, every one of them is a bad cop.

And by that measure, entire departments are "bad cops". If you've got an officer with more than one active abuse-of-force complaint who's still working outside of his desk, your entire department is "bad cops". If you've retained any officer who was found to have exceeded his authority in such a complaint, you're all "bad cops". If your union is defending officers accused of such things, rather than aiding in their prosecution and demanding justice, they're all "bad cops".

That's the point. I don't care if Officer Eichmann didn't personally flip the switch on the gas chambers; he stood by and knew his colleagues were doing that, and did nothing to stop it. He's just as evil and culpable as they are, for not stopping it.

Where are all these good cops stopping the bad cops and their public actions and their fraternity with white nationalist militias or even...fuck...just denouncing them?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Where are all these good cops stopping the bad cops and their public actions and their fraternity with white nationalist militias or even...fuck...just denouncing them?
    They exist.

The problem is, they get fired for doing so;
    https://www.cityandstateny.com/artic...-she-was-fired
    https://medium.com/@MFrancisWrites/5...d-7637c4b61a84
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...lowers/613687/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I've had plenty of good interactions with police also, just none of them have been American.
    But how white are you?
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    But how white are you?
    Weird Al wrote this about me:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    There is no meaningful difference between judging people based on those things.
    Sure there is: When you clock out of your shift, you stop being a cop. You can also quit. Other people don't have that luxury.

Also, hint: the voluntary nature of association means the internal culture is self-sorting, which is why good cops tend to get fired or involuntarily committed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    That's just your opinion to justify your prejudices.
    It's my opinion that being a police officer is a voluntary position, huh?